Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Blueprints Overpriced

Sojufueled

Just realized today what a mistake I made by choosing the exilus blueprint. An exilus is 20p to buy and it costs 30p of materials alongside its blueprint which comes at an opportunity cost. They should seriously consider reducing the crafting cost to 1 forma.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Just realized today what a mistake I made by choosing the exilus blueprint. An exilus is 20p to buy and it costs 30p of materials alongside its blueprint which comes at an opportunity cost. They should seriously consider reducing the crafting cost to 1 forma.

Are you seriously using your plat to buy the materials for a exilus bp? Dood just fking farm them, plus if your talking about the normal one, you are just facepalming yourself into lazyness. 

Plus you can get the exilus bp thru many ways including simaris, sortie and so on, your literally crying for a easy to get object to be made even easier.

15 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

You've never bought forma? That's pretty shocking. If you've ever bought one, you were a fool to have built an exilus.

I have bought forma... to acquire forma to forma items.

If you were buying things anyway, why not buy the adapter?

I do somewhat agree with reducing the Frame Adapter's price, but that's only to match the weapon adapter.

I assume you are talking about the Exilus Adapter for Weapon in which case:

How did you come to the conclusion that it costs 30 platinum to buy the Weapon Exilus Adapter Items?
The only thing you can buy is forma, if you buy 3 at once, it costs less than 12 platinum.

I don't see the 30 platinum.

1 minute ago, Kylo. said:

I assume you are talking about the Exilus Adapter for Weapon in which case:

How did you come to the conclusion that it costs 30 platinum to buy the Weapon Exilus Adapter Items?
The only thing you can buy is forma, if you buy 3 at once, it costs less than 12 platinum.

I don't see the 30 platinum.

No, I mean the standard Exilus adapter. It requires 2 forma to build. 15 each.

39 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

No, I mean the standard Exilus adapter. It requires 2 forma to build. 15 each.

But Forma aren't 15 platinum.

They are either 20 platinum or three for 35 platinum which would be 12 each which is 24 platinum.

3 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

But Forma aren't 15 platinum.

They are either 20 platinum or three for 35 platinum which would be 12 each which is 24 platinum.

In any case, would you craft one? I don't think I'm ever going to use my recipe. It just doesn't make sense.

11 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

You've never bought forma? That's pretty shocking. If you've ever bought one, you were a fool to have built an exilus.

Why in the world would you buy forma? Start cracking relics and you'll get BPs. Keep a forma BP in the oven all the time. If you're actually looting on missions instead of rushing through them, you should have materials for building them. Maybe that means you need to run solo now and then if you don't normally. Do Simaris daily scans and just other scans after getting the widgets so you're not buying scanners all the time. Then you should be able to make Exilus every now and then. Sure it may take a few days if you're not going nuts farming it, but not like you're going to be getting a new frame every day for an extended period of time.

6 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Why in the world would you buy forma? Start cracking relics and you'll get BPs. Keep a forma BP in the oven all the time. If you're actually looting on missions instead of rushing through them, you should have materials for building them. Maybe that means you need to run solo now and then if you don't normally. Do Simaris daily scans and just other scans after getting the widgets so you're not buying scanners all the time. Then you should be able to make Exilus every now and then. Sure it may take a few days if you're not going nuts farming it, but not like you're going to be getting a new frame every day for an extended period of time.

There is no way that building forma could ever possibly keep up with the volume that I use, and I say that as someone who has them building constantly. How do you tolerate one forma every 24 hours? I've probably spent more platinum on forma than anything else in the game by a large margin.

38 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

There is no way that building forma could ever possibly keep up with the volume that I use, and I say that as someone who has them building constantly. How do you tolerate one forma every 24 hours? I've probably spent more platinum on forma than anything else in the game by a large margin.

If your early on in the game then obviously your going to have a large volume of things to `build`, but the point is your basically pulling a marathon rush on it and it does not help D.E. needs to seriously start creating multi-que systems for precious resources like gems/ayatan stars/plus especially forma. At this point, they might as well change it so players can only que up to 3-10 items simultaneously for building in the foundry, with that foundry limit being based on your mastery to give further incentive to rank up, but they can build the same item multiple times as long as they have slots available.

You can honestly thank Space Lords, another f2p game, for recently changing how they let you build their own weapons(namely instead of straight up requiring specific weapon bps, you could build any char`s weapons if you have the resources but depending on the method you build it, it could either be expensive, take a long while to build or if you manage to luck out on a specific weapon bp on the monthly reset, could be done instantly and basically for free), on refreshing my memory on this play style of constructing things.

Basically, solving the issue without breaking to too much to where people could get thru 20 forma in 24 hours, further negating the reason why people would ever buy forma, which the intent is to `get it now, because your impatient and d.e. is too lazy to update systems that are as old as beta at this point in a sense.`

Oh plus before you say it would have the slots clogged, any completed product would just simply go into a acquire bin that if d.e. doesnt want people exploiting to skip the need to buy more equipment slots, put a cap of 12 to 20 items can be `stored` in that bin at a time, thus freeing up the build slots, where they would just be stuck in the build slot, till the player starts taking stuff out of the bin.

Edited by Avienas

3 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I've been playing for nearly 4 years, I don't forma every weapon even if I've built nearly all of them, and when I get a new weapon I don't immediately go straight to a meta location to level it up in 15 minutes and then forma it. Even though I've built so much (as well as a solo dojo) I have over 100 built forma currently because until recently I always had one in the oven every day even if I wasn't using one or more each day.

I don't rush to run out of content and burn through resources as fast as I can.

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I've been playing for nearly 4 years, I don't forma every weapon even if I've built nearly all of them, and when I get a new weapon I don't immediately go straight to a meta location to level it up in 15 minutes and then forma it. Even though I've built so much (as well as a solo dojo) I have over 100 built forma currently because until recently I always had one in the oven every day even if I wasn't using one or more each day.

I don't rush to run out of content and burn through resources as fast as I can.

See, I do forma every weapon. I've been playing over 6 years, I have very little left to do, and since I collect all the weapons anyway I forma things between content updates. At mr27 it's not really a disadvantage to have my entire loadout formaed. So I grab old guns, old melee, etc. and forma them until they are as shiny as they can be. Sometimes because I got a riven for one from the sorties, or sometimes just because I can. Heck, I've put forma in to most of the archwing weapons. I'm not sure where you get off implying I'm rushing to run out of content, and the only resource I ever have to worry about running out of is argon at this point until they add a new material. I just put a couple forma in to my drakgoon so I could move the augment mod over to the exilus slot, did the prisma tetra and the Secura Penta too. Might put flight speed  in my mara detron next, since they won't let me put the augment there because of the damage on it. I like putting forma in things. I suppose eventually I'll run out of weapons to forma, well, not melee any time soon, but primaries and secondaries, and my forma usage might slow down, but it hasn't yet. I'm sitting on quite a few catalysts and reactors, but definitely not forma. If I'm not ranking up something new or farming focus, I'm probably spending forma.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

See, I do forma every weapon. I've been playing over 6 years, I have very little left to do, and since I collect all the weapons anyway I forma things between content updates.

Fair enough. Have you been making a forma a day for most of that time?

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Fair enough. Have you been making a forma a day for most of that time?

No, I've definitely take prolonged breaks from Warframe over those years, but if I'm playing actively I try to always have one building, free is always better than paying plat for them after all. That said, I just crack a ton of relics and if there's nothing worth at least 45 ducats or more than 5 platinum I'll pick forma if it comes up. So about the only thing I spend real money on any more is prime accessories and the occasional tennogen.

16 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Regardless of how much forma someone does or doesn't use, the value of a forma is a matter of objective fact and the exilus adapter objectively costs less than the items required to construct it.

My apologies for disrailing things. Yes, I've never bothered building exilus adapters. I have one in every Warframe and they all were either from twitch drops, sorties, or I bought them for platinum. Since I find myself actively buying forma pretty often it just didn't make much sense to ever craft them with the two forma build cost.

1 hour ago, bubbabenali said:

But the build exilus adapter is 20p at the store, or was it changed? 

Pretty sure that's the OP's whole point. The expense of crafting it has a higher plat value because of the two forma build cost, so if you actively use forma you are literally always better off just buying exilus adapters from the store.

Edited by RedDirtTrooper
  • Like 1

Am 11.11.2019 um 08:19 schrieb RedDirtTrooper:

Pretty sure that's the OP's whole point. The expense of crafting it has a higher plat value because of the two forma build cost, so if you actively use forma you are literally always better off just buying exilus adapters from the store.

Oh boy, you're right. I shouldn't post late or drunk anymore... Sry OP.