Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes, I want to congratulate you.

(XBOX)KnightSlayer411

Yes I play on Xbox so I haven't experienced the Old Blood update, but I already saw the Iwoply's 40 minutes video going through all the melee changes and all I can say is: Wow, Congratulations.

I left Warframe for months now, because I got bored of having to grind such an amount of useless melee weapons and now, I see all those classic regular and primes coming back to life and even the newer weapons that were useless now are useful too!

It is such an amazing feeling to see the things players have been begging to be fixed for years and years, actually happening.

This just means that all your thinking is going in the right direction and for that I can change my opinion. My opinion that Warframe was going to die in 2 years are now gone.

Warframe as a whole is looking to a really bright future and screw all the haters who oppose it.

Thank you DE, because as soon as The Old Blood update hits consoles, you will have not only me as a returning player, but tons and tons of other players that also got that emotion back.

We will keep supporting you to lead you into the good fight and to show that we like change, because change is the only way to evolve and evolve is the only way to survive.

You have survived for SIX YEARS in this hostile place that the VideoGame Industry is and right now I can say with all confidence:

Let's fight for six more.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You haven’t seen how they completely butchered some very important melee mods.

Some stances got screwed over as well. For example, see Decisive Judgement which is anything but fluid now.

I wonder how OP will react to the massive grind and rng that permeates the Lich system.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

Warframe as a whole is looking to a really bright future and screw all the haters who oppose it.

So no one's allowed to level any legitimate criticism at your favorite game because that's just narrow-minded hate. Gotcha.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh yeah I’ve also heard how they made Wise Razor worse.

Last I used it (before U26) I found it to be sluggish and uninspired, as if the player's just going through the motions. The stealth kill / finisher move was jerky and looked very unfinished. The idle moves were nice...but the sfx as the blade sliced through the air felt a bit lacking.

How did it get worse?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

The update wasn't that great....but okay. I am glad you are excited I suppose.

Overall, i would say it did a better idea of shifting builds a bit. People less relying on stacking combo counter for high damage multipliers, running guns for the explicit purpose to just throw a bunch of status effects on enemies instead of using them for what the STATUS EFFECTS DO, etc. Certainly needs a bit more to be done to it and could of had a few other things, such as the fact we have yet to get the melee version of exilus slots yet.

But i myself will still applaud to ACTUAL. GAME-MECHANIC. CHANGES. Not simply new modes being added or some UI updates, but things that actually will have an impact on gameplay, a minor example being how they condensed arsenal bench in a much more buttery smooth system so we can stop pressing that one button to load up a different arsenal screen just to mess with our archguns/arch-wings/k-drives/etc.

As long as D.E. continues to release real quality of life improvements and game-mechanic changes that are not simple back-tracking on recently applied things, then i would like to say many would agree they are doing steps towards making the game better, instead of being crap like Mabinogi & Wakfu, which have basically devolved into pushing gacha & cosmetic sales too much to where it can be many months, before you get something like a new map to play around in, which likely is just populated with just higher level copies of previous enemies and not much else to it.

Though it does sound like some things, like a few particular weapon stances, got the short end of the stick, so here`s hoping D.E. has a side-team reviewing doing a double take on those weapon stances and take the bloody time to redo them.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 2

I mainly referred to the weapon buffs and I don't care about stances too much.

They didn't nerf "perse" they just lowered a bit the exaggerated percentages, BloodRush works the same, just a bit lower but it compensates with a combo multiplier that escalates WAY quicker.

And Condition Overload? Well they actually buffed the damage boost but limited the amount of status applied at the same time, the amount of the percentage buff compensates and improves the old Condition Overload.

Oh BTW, whip users? Yeah, glad they're forcing to diversify playstyles, how annoying is to see someone just spinning everywhere.

And stances look way nicer and fluent, those air combos are something the community has been asking since forever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Some stances got screwed over as well. For example, see Decisive Judgement which is anything but fluid now.

I wonder how OP will react to the massive grind and rng that permeates the Lich system.

So no one's allowed to level any legitimate criticism at your favorite game because that's just narrow-minded hate. Gotcha.

A hater and legitimate criticism are WAAAAY different things. Just Saying.

• Like 2

Some misinformation.

CO isnt capped at 3 statuses. It still stacks with all statuses being applied however it is additive rather than multiplicative hence all the outrage.

BR on the other hand is multiplicative to base crit rather than additive so no red crits for weapons without at least 30% crit. If i understood the changes right anyway. 

Dunno how glad set works now tho since the hotfix.

Majority of the complaints ive seen about the update were mostly from people using crit heavy setups or broken synergies like redeemer prime and co.

Edited by (PS4)NeunDrachen

1 hour ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

And Condition Overload? Well they actually buffed the damage boost but limited the amount of status applied at the same time, the amount of the percentage buff compensates and improves the old Condition Overload.

That is wrong.

1. there is no limit for status that was changed.

2. While the damage increase says 120% damage that’s 120% base damage. Unlike before where CO increased the damage of the weapon after calculating the rest of the damage from pressure point, elemental mods, critical hits, effectively multiplying the damage. Now CO’s Damage is additive, making it grant less than a fraction of the damage it used to.

So CO is significantly worse than it was before. To the point where it’s not even worth using.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So CO is significantly worse than it was before. To the point where it’s not even worth using.

Agreed, although it’s more of a toss-up where it’s either useless to use for its prior intended use (as a multiplier to base damage whenever priming enemies with stat procs) or it is used in replacement to Pressure Point.

Neither situation is a beneficial change to be fair, and is a hard nerf for status melee.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Some misinformation.

CO isnt capped at 3 statuses. It still stacks with all statuses being applied however it is additive rather than multiplicative hence all the outrage.

BR on the other hand is multiplicative to base crit rather than additive so no red crits for weapons without at least 30% crit. If i understood the changes right anyway. 

Dunno how glad set works now tho since the hotfix.

Majority of the complaints ive seen about the update were mostly from people using crit heavy setups or broken synergies like redeemer prime and co.

Yeah, typical players who use set ups for 2 hour MOT in Hydron lol

23 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That is wrong.

1. there is no limit for status that was changed.

2. While the damage increase says 120% damage that’s 120% base damage. Unlike before where CO increased the damage of the weapon after calculating the rest of the damage from pressure point, elemental mods, critical hits, effectively multiplying the damage. Now CO’s Damage is additive, making it grant less than a fraction of the damage it used to.

Is a 120% per status and now all melees have been buffed by a TON so I don't see the problem, it affects base damage but base damage is massive now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)DavidRyder 74 said:

Is a 120% per status and now all melees have been buffed by a TON so I don't see the problem, it affects base damage but base damage is massive now

It's not, we had ez 3.0x damage multiplier prior update but damage buff is always less than that, sometime not even 2x.

Casuals will love the melee changes, no question. They won't care about the invalidation of a bunch of mods due to diminishing returns, the narrowing of viability in late game exclusively to weapons with high innate critical chance and moderate status chance, the fact that polearms aren't longer range than heavy blades and whips have the same range as swords, etc. This melee update is kind of a litmus test for players. If you think melee got nerfed to a fraction of it's damage and less than half it's range then your on one side of the player base, if you're super excited that your heat sword is AWESOME for killing enemies on Saturn now you're on the other.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

Casuals will love the melee changes, no question. They won't care about the invalidation of a bunch of mods due to diminishing returns, the narrowing of viability in late game exclusively to weapons with high innate critical chance and moderate status chance, the fact that polearms aren't longer range than heavy blades and whips have the same range as swords, etc. This melee update is kind of a litmus test for players. If you think melee got nerfed to a fraction of it's damage and less than half it's range then your on one side of the player base, if you're super excited that your heat sword is AWESOME for killing enemies on Saturn now you're on the other.

I assume you did not take a look at some new setups like being able to use a scythe zaw to spam slam attacks to chain proc exodia hunt and turn into a 12 meter perpetual vauban vortex?

What about the new heavy slash proc cheese thru the use of the new Killing blow & Corrupt charge mods on slash-focused/high-status type weapons letting you throw out 30 combo count heavy attacks consecutively like your some crazy lumberjack swinging every 1 sec or even faster?

Plus overall when it comes to normal level content, it would not be that noticeable. Maybe for those that go deep into arbitations & sortie 3 or just super deep into endless, axi-tier missions. 

Quite literally loads of weapons got huge range increases and sizable base damage increases. Having Blood rush, maiming strike & condition overload be options instead of de-facto auto pick mods for all setups is basically the same thing as Chroma getting to be too out of scale on power abuse. Though its only really armored enemies that create that excuse for that overpowered enemies, where corpus & infested could be blazed thru with little issue. Atleast things like Argon scope require one to up-keep it by doing head-shots, not exactly the easiest of things to perform when enemies are constantly moving, Blood rush just simply needed to hit a enemy to perpetuate itself and had mods like drifting contact to almonst negate its weakness with +10 extra seconds before combo duration decay, which may not even be needed considering it seems it is abusrdly easy to go up on combo counter stacks in pc now, based on what i have seen.

I just wish melee got its weapon exilus slots also, since they pretty much were the main reason i believe people wanted weapon exilus slots for, since melee has plenty of utility mod they could make use of, such as drifting contact, body count, focused defense, dispatch overdrive, relentless combination, etc.

Its honestly better when more weapons then whatever has the most ridiculous range, is able to stick out more. Which i certainly will enjoy making use of Lesion, Nikana prime and several others which have ranges more closer to eachother. Though if the weapons got generalized too much, then D.E. will just need to patch in some tweaks to make each weapon category, actually have definitive differences between each weapon class-type.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 2

I agree your words ,

but some other players(businessman may be more appropriate for them) don't,

they just found that the riven mods they hoard get cheaper and it becomes more difficult for they to grab profit,

that is the only thing they concern😑

Edited by DarkH2O
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Avienas said:

I assume you did not take a look at some new setups like being able to use a scythe zaw to spam slam attacks to chain proc exodia hunt and turn into a 12 meter perpetual vauban vortex?

What about the new heavy slash proc cheese thru the use of the new Killing blow & Corrupt charge mods on slash-focused/high-status type weapons letting you throw out 30 combo count heavy attacks consecutively like your some crazy lumberjack swinging every 1 sec or even faster?

Plus overall when it comes to normal level content, it would not be that noticeable. Maybe for those that go deep into arbitations & sortie 3 or just super deep into endless, axi-tier missions. 

Quite literally loads of weapons got huge range increases and sizable base damage increases. Having Blood rush, maiming strike & condition overload be options instead of de-facto auto pick mods for all setups is basically the same thing as Chroma getting to be too out of scale on power abuse. Though its only really armored enemies that create that excuse for that overpowered enemies, where corpus & infested could be blazed thru with little issue. Atleast things like Argon scope require one to up-keep it by doing head-shots, not exactly the easiest of things to perform when enemies are constantly moving, Blood rush just simply needed to hit a enemy to perpetuate itself and had mods like drifting contact to almonst negate its weakness with +10 extra seconds before combo duration decay, which may not even be needed considering it seems it is abusrdly easy to go up on combo counter stacks in pc now, based on what i have seen.

I just wish melee got its weapon exilus slots also, since they pretty much were the main reason i believe people wanted weapon exilus slots for, since melee has plenty of utility mod they could make use of, such as drifting contact, body count, focused defense, dispatch overdrive, relentless combination, etc.

Its honestly better when more weapons then whatever has the most ridiculous range, is able to stick out more. Which i certainly will enjoy making use of Lesion, Nikana prime and several others which have ranges more closer to eachother. Though if the weapons got generalized too much, then D.E. will just need to patch in some tweaks to make each weapon category, actually have definitive differences between each weapon class-type.

Look, I'm not saying that the maiming strike meta wasn't broken, but the simple fact is, for all the reasons I already enumerated, this update is just as broken in different ways.

Yes, you can mod for heavy attacks, although I don't see the point when spamming fast melee attacks with blood rush and a 12x multiplier that you can keep up indefinitely with Naramon or Drifting Contact vastly outclasses it.

Yes, exodia hunt still does what it's always done. Not sure why that's news, other than some of the stance changes making it easier to pull off chained ground slams maybe, but that was easy enough with the right stance before.

You are arguing that now more weapons are usable, and that's true. Casual content got more casual. But at the upper end, when enemies get tough and builds actually matter, the build diversity has actually gone down. Sure, you can stick the same build on a few more weapons now, but even that is limited to weapons with high innate critical chance and moderate status, preferably with a decent AoE stance, fast attacks, and high range. Orthos Prime is king of the hill again. 

And, just on a personal note, the new lifted status sucks. Enemies are way too floaty and easily knocked away in it. Wish some of my favorite stances hadn't had such an annoying trash status added to them.

• Like 1

Warframe hasn't been on the right path for a long time now.

Not since they blew up Void Keys, went bite size and take a year to produce content. They can make all the balance and weapon changes they want. If the game itself has even less sustainable content than 3 years ago. Pretty sure that's the wrong direction.

• Like 9