Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are +Impact progenitor warframes basically the losers?

Artekkor

If i get a +Impact lich because i used Rhino or Baruuk, then if he gets a weapon with bad impact damage -then i dont care if he has +60% because its basically crap?

Could at least make it +Physical in general or something... Since thee is no puncture or slash bonuses.

Sigh, i guess we have to min-max lich hunting too then.

I think that part of the system is pretty funny. Puts a big spotlight on the flaws of Damage 2.0.

90% of the time players should just be going +%Toxic. Heat if you want a Gas specialized weapon but I'd still go Toxic just for versatility.

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I think that part of the system is pretty funny. Puts a big spotlight on the flaws of Damage 2.0.

90% of the time players should just be going +%Toxic. Heat if you want a Gas specialized weapon but I'd still go Toxic just for versatility.

What's the thinking on going toxic exactly? Just curious, I've been going Radiation but maybe I'm missing something. I suppose +toxic would let me put viral on primaries more easily by just equipping the primed cold mod.

45 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'd say radiation, since then you can have 3 elements on a status build for a weapon.

42 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

What's the thinking on going toxic exactly? Just curious, I've been going Radiation but maybe I'm missing something. I suppose +toxic would let me put viral on primaries more easily by just equipping the primed cold mod.

Base Toxic damage is the most versatile damage type and improves proc weight on the damage types that might want it. Corrosive most notably. Gas as well though like I mentioned Heat base can work better for Gas specifically, esp on a melee weapon that can use Primed Fever Strike. Base Toxic goes into Viral, any combination + Toxic  or simply Pure Toxic. It pretty much goes into every good damage type for DPS and further improves some for proc weight.

Rad isn't awful if you want passive CC on the weapon but from a DPS perspective it's not great and it can lock you out of certain damage combinations. For melee it has a little more value just as Heat does but if you're not looking for the CC Rad Status gives on guns then it's just stealing proc weight from other damage types. Gas, Corrosive, Slash being most notable. If you're giving up Slash procs then might as well be for Corrosive, Gas or Viral though Viral doesn't usually need much help; Still a strong damage modifier.

Upon revaluating my Kohm with +50% impact bonus it seems i was wrong.
The impact is, in fact, added on top of whatever weapon deals already.
Normally Kuva Kohm in its default state has 4+4+12 physical with focus on slash and 20 total physical damage.
But mine +53% impact kohm has 30+ total damage and with impact even higher than slash.

Alright, then i have no complaints. All is fair.
Now if only impact damage got buffed with better procs...

Edited by Artekkor

Rad is good with high crit weapons against most boss.

Fire mean gas and the "meta" corrosive + fire (good against grineer, infested and not bad against corpus)

Toxine mean gas and viral.

Yes I agree that inconsistency in damages type is clearly illustrated with how people will create liches. Go for fire or toxine.

I think that I'll make an impact or magnetic lich just for the meme

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn