ArcKnight9202

Valence Transfer - Elemental only or all damage?

Question

I have two Kuva Quartakks. The first one I got, wasn't so great. The second one I got was better in base damage as well as elemental. Does Valence Transfer put everything from the better one on the weaker one or does it -only- transfer the better elemental bonus?

• Like 2

14 answers to this question

If that is true, that is unfortunate. I was surprised that the base stats for IPS even had variability in the first place.

The base IPS stats shouldn't be different...my duplicates have had the same stats. Can you post screenshots? This may have to be reported as a bug.

Sounds like OP has a Kuva Weapon with a bonus to one of the IPS-stats instead of an elemental bonus.

1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The base IPS stats shouldn't be different...my duplicates have had the same stats. Can you post screenshots? This may have to be reported as a bug.

They are almost identical. The actual difference is quite minor but it is there. The difference is only .1 on each of the IPS stats. The fire is obviously much better, too.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Sounds like OP has a Kuva Weapon with a bonus to one of the IPS-stats instead of an elemental bonus.

These Quartakks are both the same base element which is fire.

This is my very first and original. I was going to use the Valence Transfer on it until I noticed the IPS statistical difference which prompted this thread.

unknown.png

This is the second one from my second lich. Yes, great luck.

unknown.png

These "differences" seem more like some rounding issues or something.
When I read your OP I thought of major differences, but in truth it's just a total of .3 IPS damage. That's nothing. You will never feel that in any mission.

43 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

These "differences" seem more like some rounding issues or something.
When I read your OP I thought of major differences, but in truth it's just a total of .3 IPS damage. That's nothing. You will never feel that in any mission.

You may be correct. It could be something entirely trivial. It might even be a display error. /shrug

Of course, the difference here is pretty small but that doesn't mean someone else out there doesn't have a much larger variance on some of their weapons. Is it popular to pay attention to the base stats if, as assumed above, they were all supposed to be the same?

I don't know. Perhaps I will post a bug report about it after all. Thanks for the feedback.

higher Elemental Bonuses on Kuva Weapons slightly increases overall Damage.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

I don't know. Perhaps I will post a bug report about it after all. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, you should definitely report it. Leyzar posted a video that there is a bug in calculating the elements too so the system is not at all bug free and the devs need to know of every little thing.

Edited by vegetosayajin

28 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yes, you should definitely report it. Leyzar posted a video that there is a bug in calculating the elements too so the system is not at all bug free and the devs need to know of every little thing.

All right, it's done and posted. You can find it here. Contributions are welcome.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-11-11 at 6:35 AM, taiiat said:

higher Elemental Bonuses on Kuva Weapons slightly increases overall Damage.

Except that, you can take two weapons with different bonus amounts, but identical IPS, do a transfer and have the IPS oddly be reduced. There is something wonky going on with rounding and it's repeatable.

11 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Except that, you can take two weapons with different bonus amounts, but identical IPS, do a transfer and have the IPS oddly be reduced. There is something wonky going on with rounding and it's repeatable.

yeah, transfers seem to have some odd results sometimes.

After using valence transfer you get everything from the 2nd weapon
1rst kuva kohm 48% toxin
cSSiXTE.jpg

2nd weapon with better bonus to transfer kuva kohm 59% toxin
eHNmwqq.jpg

the result is the 1rst weapon now have identical stats to the weapon used as sacrifice both in IPS and elemental
5OQ9WI3.jpg

the difference is the 48% has 11.8 slash and the 59% has 11.7 slash maybe is just a rounding difference

You will get the identical stats of the weapon you absorb. 

The drop in IPS is going to exist as higher bonuses bring down the base IPS by default (could be a rounding issue when calculating, but that's what it is at the moment)