Sign in to follow this  
prodi1600

IGNIS GENERAL NERF

As I go about my ranks and experience many weapons I just have to say that Ignis need a big nerf or rework.

•  The weapon deals lot of damage, heat beased.
  • The weapon its a braindeath primary weapon of choice.
  • Have seen literally in survival a player sitting in the spot with the ignis flaming non stop form over5 min(I can be sure that he might have went away and returning later).
  • You have people who rush into missions with the ignis spraying non stop while they run /bulletjump and kill everything, that's not how flame thrower should work.
  • If you run or bulletjump(if that even possible in real life) with a torch on your face, youll get the flame all over yourself
  • This weapon need a damage/range nerf or a serious self damage mechanic.
  • You dont even need the warith to be able to access the no brain gameplay that it offers.

Hope my request its noted and the weapons gets properly re-balanced or fixed.

Regards,

8 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

Hope my request its noted

It's noted as being in the wrong section, I can tell you that much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

As I go about my ranks and experience many weapons I just have to say that Ignis need a big nerf or rework.

• Have seen literally in survival a player sitting in the spot with the ignis flaming non stop form over5 min(I can be sure that he might have went away and returning later).
  • You have people who rush into missions with the ignis spraying non stop while they run /bulletjump and kill everything, that's not how flame thrower should work.
  • If you run or bulletjump(if that even possible in real life) with a torch on your face, youll get the flame all over yourself
  • You dont even need the warith to be able to access the no brain gameplay that it offers.

Regards,

While this is the wrong section for feedback it is noted that the weapon was reworked. It’s punch through was one of the things toned down. We have recently seen the weapon get more play since barro brought it back. While beam weapons are frowned on by some it adds to the game. Beam weapons and whips are part of the diverse content the game has. There is Party options and L F G groups available. Selecting your experience and looking for like minded players encourages the experience. We have to remember to respect other players too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

Regards,

I personally don't use the ignis, but I still want to point out that ignis is far from the only weapon capable of allowing players to dish out large aoe in a "braindead" manner. Nerfing ignis would not do much as you think because people will just switch to phantasm/ staticor / <aoe weapon that you like>.   In addition to weapons, we also have frames like saryn, and equinox who can essentially remove an entire room of enemies easily, so what exactly is the purpose?  essentially "if everything is broken, then nothing truly is, and balancing a single weapon serves no purpose until you do the same to all others.

As for how unreal it looks like.... I just want to say that it is far from the only thing that is unreal. Can you bullet jump in real life? can you double jump in real life? can you summon a few clones that do whatever you want? .... the list can go on forever.

• Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

As for how unreal it looks like.... I just want to say that it is far from the only thing that is unreal. Can you bullet jump in real life? can you double jump in real life? can you summon a few clones that do whatever you want? .... the list can go on forever.

About the first paragraph, at some point DE have to start fixing the game, I would say properly fix the weapon then fix the enemies.

About the realism you're right, but that's a mechanic that can be included in the rework, it can be used only while stationary or walking, not while bullet jumping otherwise you will get self-damage.

3 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

About the first paragraph, at some point DE have to start fixing the game, I would say properly fix the weapon then fix the enemies.

About the realism you're right, but that's a mechanic that can be included in the rework, it can be used only while stationary or walking, not while bullet jumping otherwise you will get self-damage.

My point is essentially that Ignis is far from the only "problematic weapon", there is way too many ways players can break the game to the point that one could say that DE has already dug a hole that is far too wide and deep to be filled up ever again.

While the obvious solution could be to "nerf all of them", one can easily see the uproar if they do something like that, nerfing one or two popular weapon can already creates a lot of complains (just look at the recent catchmoon, other examples includes synoid gammacor in the earlier days, simulor, tonkor... etc), so while a blanket nerf would "solve" the problem that we are too strong, it would create more problems than it solves, and thus imo, isn't a good solution.

16 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I personally don't use the ignis, but I still want to point out that ignis is far from the only weapon capable of allowing players to dish out large aoe in a "braindead" manner. Nerfing ignis would not do much as you think because people will just switch to phantasm/ staticor / <aoe weapon that you like>.   In addition to weapons, we also have frames like saryn, and equinox who can essentially remove an entire room of enemies easily, so what exactly is the purpose?  essentially "if everything is broken, then nothing truly is, and balancing a single weapon serves no purpose until you do the same to all others.

Who says Phantasma, Amprex or the like can't also get the treatment? There are only so many that allow it and also have very few other weaknesses after all. We aren't actually in a 'everything is broken' scenario, since most weapons don't actually let you spray and pray, at least not without relying on something like Inaros. Bows can't, most shotguns have pretty decent balancing, even melee now has a weakness that it isn't murdering people by looking threateningly at them anymore (being you actually have to get close to them).

Hell, a fair few AoE weapons are just fine. Including self-damage weapons, albeit they could possibly do with some tweaking. A lot of other AoE weapons feature low ammo capacity, projectile instead of hitscan (increasing the skill floor) or lower ranges. Then you have Ignis Wraith which actually has higher-than-average range for its weapon class (seriously, I totted up the average and it was a bit lower than Ignis's 27 metres, even before the blast radius.)

Personally, I feel like a range and/or ammo economy nerf would work, since it is a flamethrower, and those are common weaknesses to give to them.

1 hour ago, prodi1600 said:

The weapon deals lot of damage, heat beased.

I could list at least 15 weapons that do even more.

Heck, any weapon could do even more with a riven.

The weapon its a braindeath primary weapon of choice.

As if any primary in this game would require thinking.

Have seen literally in survival a player sitting in the spot with the ignis flaming non stop form over5 min(I can be sure that he might have went away and returning later).

Or any AoE weapon for that matter.

You have people who rush into missions with the ignis spraying non stop while they run /bulletjump and kill everything,

Again, any weapon can do that.

that's not how flame thrower should work.

In a game were you can convert flamethrowers into liquid nitrogen throwers that freeze and poison enemies through walls, you expect realism?

If you run or bulletjump(if that even possible in real life) with a torch on your face, youll get the flame all over yourself

No, patrick. Bulletjumping is not physically possible.

This weapon need a damage/range nerf or a serious self damage mechanic.

It has about as much range as a paper plane. You can move forward, you know.

You dont even need the warith to be able to access the no brain gameplay that it offers.

Sounds to me like you're just making up excuses at this point.

In off-topic, when DE doesn't even read General Discussion.

Yeah, no. Not gonna happen.

Seriously, I believe you're just triggered that someone "stole your kills" with an ignis.

And just to avoid any misunderstandings, no, I do not use the Ignis 24/7. I usually use the Corinth or Fulmin.

55 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

Regards,

I see your ignis and raise pretty much every AOE weapon in the game but to be more specific the convectrix

1. 30(42) meter range beam over ignis wraiths 27(39) parentheses show for sinister reach 
  2. Can easily reach 100% status chance and it does slash damage innately 
  3. Primary fire allows single target while the alt fire allows for back and forth sweeping  
  4. Fastest firing of all the beam weapons tied phage and phantasma
  5. Uses shotgun mods
  6. Efficient beams (only use ammo when you deal damage to something +150% status chance)

now i will respond to your points after giving imho a good counter to the ignis

1. The weapon at a base does 33 heat damage at a 20m range 35 for the wraith at a 27m range
  2. this is a opinion i could say the same thing about any other weapon that does the same job it does or AOE weapons in general
  3. Beam weapons are very efficient in ammo the wraith holds 200 in the tank and consumed .5 ammo a second same for all other beam weapons speeding it up speed consumption up and vise versa
  4. this is a video game there is going to be the breaking of expectation if you were expecting really life mechanics of a flamethrower id also question how i can make a flame thrower shoot Cold damage or explosive damage or RADIATION or a combination of the two while as its no longer a flame thrower is a blast/corrosive, viral/rad, gas/mag thrower and now no longer follows flame thrower rules as it is no longer shooting flames
  5. And how would you factor in this nerf of adding self damage have it linger in the air as a cloud? ignite the floor even though mine is no long shooting flame? gg in trying to add self damage you have buffed it by giving it more DPS in a linger self damage cloud or floor you have made it better in trying to make it worse since you have to have the consistency of if it can hurt me it has to hurt them 
  6. so from 35 heat or what? 10? 20? that power of the weapon is how efficient it uses ammo and how much it can proc status as it has infinite punchthrough on just bodies. And looking up the range of a flame thrower since you pulled that's not how they work card it would actually need a buff Standard flame throwers can shoot 50 yards (46 meters) the ignis/wraith only does about hmm half that unless you want to cherry pick and idk use a WW2 flamethrower as it had a range of 15 meters 
  7. yeah you can get the ignis pretty early on around the time you can do the war within at MR 5 around the time DE thinks its ok to do kuva lichs 

So i ask a question Should DE nerf a weapon because its brain dead in your opinion? their choosing to play the game that way because looking at the stats of it the thing is pretty balanced it's only now seeing a surge in use because heat damage is actually a good contender against armor now before that it was a sorta outlier you would see on occasions or they just had it when their catchmoon ran out of ammo