Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more duplicate kuva weapons. Maybe banish the lich for a couple days. A weighted RNG. Auto mod selection. Something.

Troll_Logic

Just got my eighth lich with the same weapon four times!  Was it even a good weapon?  Nope.  Stupid archwing.

I know some people have had even worse luck than I have.  Something needs to be done about putting players on a path to grind crappy weapons they will not use.

This needs to be fixed.  I think this is a bigger problem than DE recognizes.  I'm an MR27.  I don't say that to impress anyone or to imply I know better than other players.  I say that because I've done just about everything in the game.  One of the really nice things about DE is they are always putting out new content.  Warframe stays fresh.  If the new content is potentially unobtainable, and the kuva process is exactly that, then players will leave out of boredom.

With the kuva weapons, DE has implemented them is an extremely poor way.

Here is the process (RNG to get the relics although it's better now) -> (RNG to get the mods) -> (RNG to get the larvae/murmurs/lich to attack) -> (RNG the combination)  -> RNG weapon

Right now it's 2 to 3 hours at best, with all the farming to get a kuva weapon.  But there is no guarantee the weapon will be a new weapon.  So the player has to grind pointlessly to start the process anew.  As the player's weapons hopefully stockpile, there is a greater and greater chance of getting a duplicate.  There is no way to get out of the loop once the player has seen it's a duplicate weapon.

Here are the suggestions

1)  Let the player banish the lich for a cycle or two.  Or maybe even three.  If my lich has the same weapon that I've farmed before, let me banish him until the next cycle, or two cycles, or even three.  Let me get rid of him instead of forcing me to grind for something that I will never use in order to maybe grind for something that's another duplicate.

2)  Have a weighted RNG system.

3)  Let me banish him by automatically picking the correct mods so players still have to farm the relics.

Out of all of these, the weighted RNG system is the easily the best.

Making the kuva weapon pure random means that there is a very good chance most people won't get them all because of the time in grinding nothing but duplicate weapons.

Just about anything is better than the current system.  I'm done with the kuva weapons for now.  There is no way I can waste 3 hours getting the same weapon each time.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking this.

Edited by Troll_Logic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Stupid archwing.

I assume you mean the Ayanga. Or how I call it, the AYAYA, AYAYA!

*ahem*

I'll have you know that, if you put a gravimag on it, this weapon can be a lot of fun.

Mine got bonus 47% shock and it's the most fun I had in years in this game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I assume you mean the Ayanga. Or how I call it, the AYAYA, AYAYA!

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The ayanga is one of the better weapons... 

The Ayanga may be the bestest and mostest funest weaponest in the game.  No one needs three of them and the inevitable duplicates that follow.

25 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

yeah...I'm on my 6th Kuva repeat right now. 6 in a row. Not kidding. I hope they really do implement a trading system for Kuva, because it's such a drag seeing the same weapon I've already gotten again and again.

I can't even imagine.  

• Like 1

Maybe allow players to control what weapons we want by looking at what the larving is using,for example if the larving is using a seer,you will get a kuva seer...this will tone down the RNG when it comes to weapons...or you can influence the lich weapon depending on what weapon you used to kill the larving,for example killing the larving with a zarr(or any explosive weapon) will get the lich to have the kuva orgis or kuva tonkor

• Like 1

I originally got the Ayanga as my first weapon. Very good weapon. Swapped to a different element for the next time I spawned a Lich, and boom, another Ayanga. Well, at least it was a better element so I fused it and went on with my day. Spawn another Lich, same element....and yet another Ayanga. 

I could get the second time getting this gun since I switched the element, but I literally spawned two Ayangas of the same exact element one right after the other. Look I know DE wants to make everything randomized so you keep going after different things, but the point of a long endure like this is to feel like the reward is actually worth it. Going through another 3-4 hours of straight murmur grind just to wipe this Lich clean just so I can spawn another Lich with the same duplicate gun isn't exactly rewarding.

Just let me spawn a Lich with Chakkhurr already dammit, I have enough archguns

I was thinking about the whole convert/ vanquish system yesterday and I had an idea on how to give a bit more value to the "convert" action as currently there isn't much reason to over getting a free weapon.

Perhaps one way to "skip" a Lich could be to use an already converted Lich against them. Maybe the lich you send after the current lich would have a success/ failure chance at taking them down based on their rank difference between them.

Maybe you could take the inferior duplicates and somehow convert them into a parazon mod. Using this mod on the lich(assuming it's another of the same gun you don't want) will detonate the weapon forcing them to acquire a new one. It could even chase them away and give a large murmur bonus but remove the ability to kill the lich in that mission.

It's not the silver bullet everyone would like but it sounds fun and I doubt we'll get any way to opt out of duplicates entirely. I would like to be wrong about that, though.