Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show me your melee 3.0 builds

mrhapps

I don't believe the new system is better, and i feel like the mods used are more mandatory choices than ever before. Prove me wrong by showing me the builds you are using for each melee that are capable of killing level 165 corrupted heavy gunners (or as close to it you can spawn).

I believe this to be a good test because in a disruption mission this level enemy is not far away, the amalgams also have that extra hp that basically makes them equivalent to 165 heavy gunners at an earlier level. 

If i don't see a mod setup with the weapon used in your response to this post i'm going to ignore it.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who didn't change any melee builds and still melt? I mean Range is still mandatory, slide crit/crit chance mods are still meh, conditon overload is mandatory, primed fever strike is mandatory, and you are basically left with only 3 mod slots. Atleast that's how I feel about melee before and now. Things take more time to kill, but builds hardly changed much.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Am I the only one who didn't change any melee builds and still melt?

Im still using the same Zaw Dagger i was before the update, its shredding enemies far easier now with the same build tho the Range bonus on the Riven got way higher which means i have a 3m attack range with my Dagger. XD

I get the feeling there is little point in anyone showing the OP a build. He’s already made up his mind, and showing him screenshots or videos will just result in nitpicking or goalpost moving.

I’ll wander back in at some point tomorrow having tested out berserker Ember vs a bunch of simulacra, but really...

• Like 1

5 replies so far and not a single posted build. I just want some builds i can look at/test without equipping, modding 500 times and comparing for all of my 160 melee weapons. 

peW0rPj.png

my kronen prime build can kill lvl 165 corrupted heavy gunners quite fast with this build. The riven has 73 attack speed, 2.6 range, 120% crit chance. I want some options that can compare to this.

13 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

showing him screenshots or videos will just result in nitpicking or goalpost moving.

I'm generally curious how this new melee with combo caps stacks up against 1 hour high index enemies at 250+. No goalpost moving here. 

49 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

All I wanna see is how the new melee is working an hour in to high index for the prodman poster. Thats lvl 250+. Vid, frame, weapon and mod set please and thank you. I'll wait. tenor.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrhapps said:

I don't believe the new system is better, and i feel like the mods used are more mandatory choices than ever before. Prove me wrong by showing me the builds you are using for each melee that are capable of killing level 165 corrupted heavy gunners (or as close to it you can spawn).

I believe this to be a good test because in a disruption mission this level enemy is not far away, the amalgams also have that extra hp that basically makes them equivalent to 165 heavy gunners at an earlier level. 

If i don't see a mod setup with the weapon used in your response to this post i'm going to ignore it.

*raises hand*
Are we allowed to use a 12x combo Heavy Attack to one-shot the Heavy Gunner with our builds? Because I feel like people are overlooking how hard it actually hits. Especially since you can mod to improve the Heavy Attack's damage and speed specifically.

The Kronen Prime build you linked later shows the Heavy Attack doing 2 hits at just over 3k damage. That means a full combo hit does...36k damage, twice.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

*raises hand*
Are we allowed to use a 12x combo Heavy Attack to one-shot the Heavy Gunner with our builds? Because I feel like people are overlooking how hard it actually hits.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

All I wanna see is how the new melee is working an hour in to high index for the prodman poster. Thats lvl 250+. Vid, frame, weapon and mod set please and thank you. I'll wait. tenor.gif

Knock yourself out. Show me how it's done. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

6 hours ago, mrhapps said:

@DrakeWurrum

preferably no heavy attacks, spawn 8 corrupted heavy gunners in the simulacrum and kill all 8. If heavy attacks are the fastest way to accomplish that ill look at it, but i feel like its not, since starting this test you will have 0 combo counter.

Also Drake should not turn invincibility on. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

This is my Kronen Prime build

unknown.png

It is pretty amazing how it makes quick work of even eximus units. The riven is very simple, just 75% attack speed and 200% damage.

Next is my Redeemer Prime build. It is a pretty unpopular weapon right now, but i find it still quite powerful, just have to get used to the new combos. Corrosive turned out to be a bit more powerful than a Viral setup.

unknown.png

As with the Kronen, the riven is quite simple too, just Critical Chance and Status Chance, enough to reach the 100% status. It can deal well with single targets, but my Kronen destroys groups of enemies, so is just a matter of what i want to use at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Swap out Jagged edge for Weeping Wounds.

hey ya, you right. i was swapping mods out a bunch and i think i left jagged on because it was killing the group of 8 faster (starting with 0 combo). Real world though and i will have max combo most of the time so weeping will turn out as a better mod on the regular.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Am I the only one who didn't change any melee builds and still melt? I mean Range is still mandatory, slide crit/crit chance mods are still meh, conditon overload is mandatory, primed fever strike is mandatory, and you are basically left with only 3 mod slots. Atleast that's how I feel about melee before and now.

I was going to make a quip about how I didn't realize a veteran player with so many posts could still be doing the starchart for the first time, but...

Actually, you're half right. For most of my melee all I did was remove drifting contact, unless it was a Bloodrush build, in which case I changed even less.

Melt, no. Most of my existing builds felt a significant nerf. A nerf I can't really build around. From my perspective, all they did was screw things up for long runners and rearrange the meta to no meaningful effect for everyone else.

I am having fun with the Skiajati, though. But I would have preferred it not come at the sacrifice of so much else I and other people liked before the patch.

@Trapkin

that looks like the same exact mod setup i had prior to the combo counter changes, with how fast we build combo counter now i no longer find a purpose for drifting contact, and weeping wounds can get you so much status chance the dual stat mods probably aren't worth it anymore either. i was looking into using the 90% elemental mods instead of dual stat but for kronen specifically i think combining crit and status is the way to go.

Just now, mrhapps said:

@DrakeWurrum

preferably no heavy attacks, spawn 8 corrupted heavy gunners in the simulacrum and kill all 8. If heavy attacks are the fastest way to accomplish that ill look at it, but i feel like its not, since starting this test you will have 0 combo counter.

Well doing it that way isn't applicable to an actual Disruption mission, though. You're just going to sit in one place completely ignoring all enemies besides the Amalgam?

That being said, I just did it it with my Gram Prime and decimated them in about 5 seconds with quick attacks, so I didn't even get the 12x before they died.

So I spawned 20 of them. I killed off the first group and was only at 9x, so I did enough attacks to get to 12x on the second group, and then one-shot the remaining enemies with red-crits of at least 120k+ per target hit (Gram Prime hits in a wide arc). That took about 10 seconds.

This is without all of my mods being maxed, and I haven't changed my build from before the update.

yKcqvH1.jpg

1 hour ago, mrhapps said:

don't believe the new system is better, and i feel like the mods used are more mandatory choices than ever before. Prove me wrong by showing me the builds you are using for each melee that are capable of killing level 165 corrupted heavy gunners (or as close to it you can spawn).

Warframe0027.jpg

Edited by Jarriaga

8 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Redeemer riven stats?

The only result from this meant they weren't grouped up for me to kill off all 8 in a single swing. They were no threat, if that's what you're implying. Want me to switch to Vauban and use a Vortex to make it even funnier?

A lot of you to be unaware that many melee stances now have built-in status procs - including knockdowns or the new "lift" status, which makes surviving in melee very very easy.

Edited by DrakeWurrum