Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show me your melee 3.0 builds

mrhapps

On 2019-11-09 at 9:43 PM, mrhapps said:

@DrakeWurrum

preferably no heavy attacks, spawn 8 corrupted heavy gunners in the simulacrum and kill all 8. If heavy attacks are the fastest way to accomplish that ill look at it, but i feel like its not, since starting this test you will have 0 combo counter.

Against a crowd, you can get to 12x hilariously fast with the right setup. Vermilion storm using the twirling forward + block combo, + weeping wounds, maxes the combo counter in a second or two. If you decide to spend (some) of that on a heavy attack, the heavy attack efficiency skill in Zenurik can make sure you don't have to start from zero again, too. If you can spare a mod slot for a heavy attack efficiency mod on the weapon, you barely have to lower your combo at all to land a devastating heavy attack, with a forced true-damage bleed proc on the right weapons.

@Frenotx

I think that my distaste for this melee update is in the fact that u can actually max out the combo counter. Prior to the update we had a soft cap at 3.5x combo counter because going higher than that required a few thousand kills or something. I dislike that there is now a hard cap on it and that you are rewarded for resetting it.

@BornWithTeeth i fully believe you completed what you said no problem, because i have also tried out the new ember, the point of this thread to me though is focusing on the melee builds. Getting combos from warframe abilities feels like cheating when i'm comparing melees to each other.

@0_The_F00l thats nice you didn't change your build... but what is that mod setup? The point of this thread is for you to SHOW me your builds that still work so that i and other people can test new setups we have not tried before, even if its old there's no way i know what you are using already.

@DrakeWurrumso i was watching this video you posted about the new spin2win. I have 2 problems with it, one being the fact they mainly wanted to get rid of spin to win so that all melee builds weren't relying on maiming strike. This was not a fix, now we are being forced to use killing blow as it works similar to how the old maiming strike did. My second issue with it is, this guy is saying this only works on a few types of weapons (machete, nikana, tonfa, scythe, claws) which again is another reason why they changed melee in the first place, to get us to use more melees. All this update to melee seems to have accomplished was nerfing scaling damage, and making people that had really strong weapons remake new weapons to fit the new meta (including remaking the rivens associated).

melee 3.0 was to reduce mandatory mods, and with 3.0 i'm seeing MORE mandatory mods. Before we chose between crit and status, now i'm only seeing one good option for melee setups. Yes you can use other mods and have more quality of life, but i believe we have moved to a point where there is only one meta build instead of 2.

@stormy505 i see we think the same way, noice. To add on your post though, they buffed damage against low tier enemies and nerfed it against anything over lvl 100. This is what i think is deceiving to a lot of people in this update, it got better ttk for the average content but worse overall ttk which is really all that matters in a game about efficient farming.

I can also say for a fact that if you can kill lvl 100s as fast as you can kill level 30s then it IS beneficial to stay in a kuva survival mission for longer than an hour since loading 3 kuva survivals, and 3 ship instances (leaving every 20 minutes) has a significant amount of time in a loading screen that could have meant more kuva for the same amount of time playing the game.

4 hours ago, mrhapps said:

@0_The_F00l thats nice you didn't change your build... but what is that mod setup? The point of this thread is for you to SHOW me your builds that still work so that i and other people can test new setups we have not tried before, even if its old there's no way i know what you are using already.

My apologies , i thought you only wanted to know if the setups changed significantly.

Depending on my weapons stats i have either a hybrid , crit or pure status builds.

Weapons above 15% CC and about 15 to 20% SC get the hybrid setup. Primed pressure point , Blood Rush+Organ shatter ,CO + 2x dual status, Drifting contact , BErserker / Primed reach depending on base range and speed preference.

Weapons below 10% CC but more than 25% SC get the status setup: Primed pressure point , CO + 3 dual status, Drifting contact , Primed fury , Primed reach.

Weapons above 25% CC but about 10% SC get the critical weight age build : Primed pressure point , Blood Rush + Organ shatter , 2x 90% elements , berserker , gladiator rush , Primed reach / Gladiator might depending on weapon reach and damage.

These are just templates, weapon gimmicks and utility and stances could make some mods be better than others. Rivens also change things significantly.

I have noticed the pure status ones are performing worse than the pure CC and hybrid builds, but are still enough to take out star chart and lich nodes with a little extra effort.

I have a lot of weapons which i switch frequently , if there is a specific weapon you would like to highlight i could mention it in detail.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

This seems to do ok.  I did one without wisp speed and one with it,  its better in missions narmon keeps it at 12 counter but narmon is buggy in similacrum, with base combo duration now 5s with naramon focus you don't need combo duration mods.   Ranged riven and prime reach and its a room clearing dagger.  Its not even the best zaw build for this really.  I made this orginally for pure speed as a covert lethality stab stick

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary