Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apologising for my last post...

_Shaey_

Question

I gotta be honest here I dident know they weren't legally able to do it, you might be right in assuming I dident do my research first cause yeah I dident and that's on me, but I dont think it's fair to shane me like that, to say that "someone like me" pisses people off, that hurts alot, I made a mistake sure, but i dont deserve that, my self esteem is low enough as it is, and i turned to gaming for that very reason, i dont want this to be like my real life cause then I would just go out, put a sign on my back that's says kick me, and I dont want that

Edited by _Shaey_
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

Chin up my friend. The forums can be a nasty place but not everyone is like that. I'm sure that there are many more people who have asked questions without doing any research first, it's a human thing to do. It doesn't give others a right to shame or abuse you.

I'm sorry to hear that you have low self esteem. I know what that's like as I hated myself for many years. Believe me when I say that things do get better, but it is a journey and it can take some time. Unfortunately I'm not part of the "PC master race" 😁, but if you ever log in to your PS4 account again, look me up and we'll have a game.

20 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Huh!!  🙈 🙉 🙊 no idea what your talking about, but hey I know what you mean by playing a game to distract you from real life stuff.

They're most likely referring to my reply to their post about bringing Excalibur Prime back.  I said that people who don't do the most basic of research when the answer and reasoning for that answer are widely available (especially through the medium they're current using IE the forum) "get on my nerves".  I provided multiple links to preemptively cut off comments/false information that people have posted in previous threads (mainly along the lines of DE not being legally held to anything) that I guess the OP took as me being overly aggressive.

32 minutes ago, _Shaey_ said:

I gotta be honest here I dident know they weren't legally able to do it, you might be right in assuming I dident do my research first cause yeah I dident and that's on me, but I dont think it's fair to shane me like that, to say that "someone like me" pisses people off, that hurts alot, I made a mistake sure, but i dont deserve that, my self esteem is low enough as it is, and i turned to gaming for that very reason, i dont want this to be like my real life cause then I would just go out, put a sign on my back that's says kick me, and I dont want that

My advice OP, an apology on a public forum wasn't needed.  Just take it as a learning opportunity and better yourself.  Also if my above "guess" about you taking my comment as overly aggressive is accurate, remember that we are communicating through a medium that doesn't convey tone all that well.  It's generally best to read things as being neutral unless formatting or punctuation communicates differently.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Clarified 'aggressive' and 'overly aggressive'.
  • Like 1

So out of curiosity I went on and looked up what thread you were talking about and mate, thats really tame. Both on your part and the responses you got. Nothing to apologize for either on your part of the people who responded. Don't worry about it man.. we all don't know many things, and its no crime to express what you feel, especially when it wasn't really hurtful to anyone. And the responses weren't hurtful or rude either. I've seen far worse on game forums 😛

Just try not to take things to heart that much and move ahead with the knowledge you gain from each thread :) as does everyone else here. No one will remember things of hold it for or against anyone.. good or bad.

Unfortunately, our love of electronic communication does have its downsides. All in all I have found the Warframe community to be both very kind, helpful, and more then willing to help a newer player out. On the other side, this is the internet so the community does have it's trolls and salty people. I hope you have more experience with the former then the later.