Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The veteran problem

AltheusV

I've had a radical idea for veterans.

A special planet, that can only be accessed if you are willing to accept a permanent halving of any damage you do with weapons or abilities. This will be opt-in but once you're doing half damage you're stuck in that state.

You will get a special hardcase insignia, a special glyph not allowed to the plebes and your name appears in a different font.

I think this will provide the challenge people are looking for while giving veterans something to aspire to.

While I have no idea how they would implement it without making a lot of people very angry, I would have fun with a challenge mode where you have no mods for your weapons or warframe, perhaps have the ability to acquire the mods in a single run? It would make balancing it very easy and would act as a mini-version of the game.

And after I put that idea out I realize that they also should never implement that because it would cause burnout for the main game at an unimaginable scale should that little run become fun enough.

As for the damage nerfing thing, there would have to be something else behind that for it to be fine, just simply halving our damage isn't really a solution for an endgame area, some players would barely care and some players could barely survive, it's not really ideal.

40 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Why Warframe can't have content that scale with our dmg. A mistery. It is like other games don't release new stronger sets after you reach a cap at some point.

If content scaled with your damage, there wouldn't be any point it adding damage to your gun. Most other games the enemies scale to your level, but with the amount of customisation in this game it would be a nightmare to make scaling enemies.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Powercreep isn't the problem. The problem is that there aren't any long term goals to go for that also aren't gated by 3 layers of RNG on top of RNG. Closest thing this game has to endgame is trying to decorate and build a moon clan Dojo alone.

Wrong. Powercreep is the reason it's difficult to create an endgame that is challenging rather than tedious. If we can do absurd amounts of damage to anything that doesn't have status immunity, invincibility phases, high DR, and long spans of RNG grind both to access it and to get the rewards from it, there are two outcomes: a) "endgame" content isn't any of those things and is trivially burned through, upon which everyone complains about having nothing to do, or b) it is some or all of those things, in which case people complain about grind and 90% of the equipment in the game being pointless because it doesn't affect anything that matters.

1 minute ago, GrimSinner said:

This whole idea of stripping Warframe's down to their underwear to fight and calling that a challenge needs to end.  

Here's an idea.  Stop the nerf train and make some stronk, sustainable content.

Yes...

And for the people who wanna go the underwear-superman route, they can always choose not to put any mods on their frames and weapons and have as much fun as they want to yank out of such a solution. Why nerf everyone's fun in the process.

I don't want Warframe to become another run of the mill ultra difficult games. I for one am not looking to exert anything more than 2 brain cells at any given moment while chillaxing and watching some Netflix. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AltheusV said:

I've had a radical idea for veterans.

A special planet, that can only be accessed if you are willing to accept a permanent halving of any damage you do with weapons or abilities. This will be opt-in but once you're doing half damage you're stuck in that state.

You will get a special hardcase insignia, a special glyph not allowed to the plebes and your name appears in a different font.

I think this will provide the challenge people are looking for while giving veterans something to aspire to.

It’s called The New War, The Tau system (?), and The Duviri Paradox.

Power Gating And Power Inversion on a new level is coming.

The next big challenge, honestly, is to rework enemies and THEN go back to frames.

Sentient units are a great opportunity to do this.

48 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

This whole idea of stripping Warframe's down to their underwear to fight and calling that a challenge needs to end.  

Here's an idea.  Stop the nerf train and make some stronk, sustainable content.

Agreed.

The irony in the OPs idea there is that doing so does actually constitute a legitimate challenge....For new players.

The problem with that resides in the notion that the real challenge in this game rests in the player's ability to mod and familiarity with the different tools (frame abilities, weapons, etc).

Evidence? Grendel's mission has elicited barely a complaint.

@AltheusV If DE wanted to make this game tough they wouldn't halve the damage...They'd halve all defensive abilities efficacy instead.

4 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Wrong. Powercreep is the reason it's difficult to create an endgame that is challenging rather than tedious. If we can do absurd amounts of damage to anything that doesn't have status immunity, invincibility phases, high DR, and long spans of RNG grind both to access it and to get the rewards from it, there are two outcomes: a) "endgame" content isn't any of those things and is trivially burned through, upon which everyone complains about having nothing to do, or b) it is some or all of those things, in which case people complain about grind and 90% of the equipment in the game being pointless because it doesn't affect anything that matters.

Even if DE got rid of power creep, that still wouldn't teach them how to develop fun boss fights. They're absolutely clueless in that regard.

• Like 1

Or we could just self nerf for challenge and not force a possible unwanted mechanic, let the community enjoy the game with out crying about content they can't have.

There is no endgame mechanic that the majority of so called vets actually enjoy. There never will be either. You all don't even know what you want. There is no consensus. There is no making any of you happy. Look at the litch system.... Nothing but complaints, that when boiled down to their core show that litches and it's system work as intended. Liches give you more things to twiddle your fingers on, but the details, details mind you that were what the community was begging for, are too tedious. Facepalm. 

I find it interesting that players like the OP beg DE to nerf you, but can't be bothered to self nerf. Do you all need DE to bow to your every whim or are you capable of thinking and challenging yourself..? My guess is you need DE to hold your hand to cover your lack of creativity.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague