Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The veteran problem

AltheusV

I think it's high time we had an official survey conducted by DE; a poll asking "how would you like your endgame to be?". the Devs think up of a few different ideas and make them answers in the poll, whichever gets the most votes must be the way the community is leaning, and at the very least it gives the devs a general idea of what people want. would also be interesting to see what most people's ideas actually are, since people are quick to call others out without offering anything constructive.

8 hours ago, AltheusV said:

I've had a radical idea for veterans.

A special planet, that can only be accessed if you are willing to accept a permanent halving of any damage you do with weapons or abilities. This will be opt-in but once you're doing half damage you're stuck in that state.

You will get a special hardcase insignia, a special glyph not allowed to the plebes and your name appears in a different font.

I think this will provide the challenge people are looking for while giving veterans something to aspire to.

Why not just have interesting mission design and competent a.i. routines. Then it will automatically fill in all content released so far....

Half damage is reversed bulletsponge 

Edited by (XB1)EPOSSTYLE

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Why not just have interesting mission design and competent a.i. routines. Then it will automatically fill in all content released so far....

Yeah for example that mission on the kuva fortress where you have to destroy a massive cannon but you have to do like a lot of objectives to achieve that.

That was good mission to play as a squad...

Edited by (PS4)RODERIK_1321
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AltheusV said:

A special planet, that can only be accessed if you are willing to accept a permanent halving of any damage you do with weapons or abilities. This will be opt-in but once you're doing half damage you're stuck in that state.

You will get a special hardcase insignia, a special glyph not allowed to the plebes and your name appears in a different font.

I think this will provide the challenge people are looking for while giving veterans something to aspire to.

Why not just have interesting mission design and competent a.i. routines. Then it will automatically fill in all content released content so far....

17 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Why not just have interesting mission design and competent a.i. routines. Then it will automatically fill in all content released content so far....

Best mission in the game imo. Ok, the half damage idea wasn't that great.

So basically u want all veterans do very little dmg so u noob scrubs can do lots of dmg....lmfao, how bout we keep noobs out of all sorties, arbitrations and kuva floods cause all u guys do is afk or just run around while the veterans do the job...U might wanna just go back to destiny bro or I do hear that Anthem needs you and ur clan back.......lmao

3 hours ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

So basically u want all veterans do very little dmg so u noob scrubs can do lots of dmg....lmfao, how bout we keep noobs out of all sorties, arbitrations and kuva floods cause all u guys do is afk or just run around while the veterans do the job...U might wanna just go back to destiny bro or I do hear that Anthem needs you and ur clan back.......lmao

LOL, if you halved the damage my weapons put out I would still be doing an awful lot of damage.

I don't do endurance runs (anything over 20 minutes is dull as S#&$ for me). I'm just feeling rather overpowered at the moment. Maybe I'll take off serration and primed pressure point and see how that feels.

23 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think it's high time we had an official survey conducted by DE; a poll asking "how would you like your endgame to be?". the Devs think up of a few different ideas and make them answers in the poll, whichever gets the most votes must be the way the community is leaning, and at the very least it gives the devs a general idea of what people want. would also be interesting to see what most people's ideas actually are, since people are quick to call others out without offering anything constructive.

The bigger question: Why do people want endgame at all?

I think of myself as an advanced casual, I barely use arcanes, don't pursue them and don't do endurance runs. I won't grind a chance of less than 10% for anything either. I don't want to collect everything and mastery doesnt matter now that I have everything unlocked.

Warframe for me is very easy at the moment.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

No offense, but do you need a doctor?

What for? I can still ask annoying questions.

We can inherently nerf ourselves by using poor builds or equiping the dragon keys.  Why would any player who has most everything in the game want to permanently nuder themselves for worthless junk rewards.

Its optional but forget that. I have been playing for 2 years and have just about everything.  I play for stress relief and story not challenge.  Titles, glyphs, etc. Worthless.

I care about that which is functional.  Or spiffy cosmetics for the frames/operaters.

To hell with the rewards you propose.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

41 minutes ago, Shaden73 said:

Right, why should I dodge or shot with precision when I can just press 4 and then eat a sandwich. But to be honest in the games current state what choice do you have.

@60 and below, you have a choice.  After 60, pressure to go invulnerable or shut down the enemy AI grows exponentially very fast.

On that note...

23 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Because the current AI can't even take cover behind a pillar, box, or deployable without being blinded, stunned, set ablaze, cut to ribbons, mind controlled, or any number of alternative 360 degree, 90m wide AoE abilities that largely ignore cover because people scream bloody murder anytime they press a button and an enemy manages to slip through the gaps.  You could put real humans behind the controls of any given Grineer unit, what the hell are they going to do the moment someone hits their 4 key?

• Like 2

Damage is high enough that other than disabling mods entirely everything will still die in a single hit for most of the game. Enemy damage is also fairly low for most of the game, and due to no mechanics involved lowering damage just creates low threat sponges. Low enough damage means you're less likely to get to face enemies that can actually kill you given the 1 shots typically don't happen until nearly an hour into Arbitration for example.

I'm not sure why people consider effective health the enemy has as the only means of difficulty; it seems as if any dev could just create an enemy with 1 trillion HP, takes a maximum of 1 damage per hit, and has attacks that heal you and this would be considered of extreme difficulty purely because it would take a long time to kill.

Le 10/11/2019 à 07:59, AltheusV a dit :

A special planet, that can only be accessed if you are willing to accept a permanent halving of any damage you do with weapons or abilities.

Let's see if I understand:

It has taken me 6 years to bring my Warframes and weapons to their maximum power. And you want a special content for veterans to reduce all that 6-year effort in half.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW6FML8adE7ToNz9Y7Vu1

1 hour ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

@60 and below, you have a choice.  After 60, pressure to go invulnerable or shut down the enemy AI grows exponentially very fast.

On that note...

Because the current AI can't even take cover behind a pillar, box, or deployable without being blinded, stunned, set ablaze, cut to ribbons, mind controlled, or any number of alternative 360 degree, 90m wide AoE abilities that largely ignore cover because people scream bloody murder anytime they press a button and an enemy manages to slip through the gaps.  You could put real humans behind the controls of any given Grineer unit, what the hell are they going to do the moment someone hits their 4 key?

Its bcuz there is no interplay between the difficulty. Seems DE only knows on or off, too many hit points (pack a lunch) or mop the floor(kick as and chew bubblegum). What about the middle ground push a little, pull a little, powers affecting enemies somewhat...

Missing gameplay, what if:

Trip lasers could kill u

Trip lasers spawned a high level enemy (having u not wanting to run thru all willy nilly)

A soft cover mechanic (make firefight intense) 

Instead of being reset u had to actually get back out of pitfalls(simultaneously ungimping zephyr). 

Alad v mixed control mechanic to corpus(just something to avoid,  increasing agency).

Eletrical traps that disables one of your powers randomly (a stipuation) for getting  trapped.

A high speed enemy who steals (creating on the fly missions for u to deal with)and randomly popup somewhere else on the star chart.

Leaving a weapon on the ground if not retrieved begins a timer to be sold at darvos?

A spy mission with some meat and steaks on the board. A zanuka that can actually trap a frame and require u 2 to get it back in OP form ( failure requires a rebuild) 

I could keep going but, it's just to signify that DE trivializes its own content. Certain activities depending on how they are implemented help or hinder.

On top of all that they need to add frame to frame combinations powers...Sorely lacking. 

Break up the monotony by untrivilizing all content from only running thru to beat it?  At that point you are only playing load screens as your biggest obstacle.

THOUGHTS?

On 2019-11-10 at 8:59 AM, AltheusV said:

It's going to be really funny when you go into a mission and those people with full damage are murdering everything...

4 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Its bcuz there is no interplay between the difficulty. Seems DE only knows on or off, too many hit points (pack a lunch) or mop the floor(kick as and chew bubblegum). What about the middle ground push a little, pull a little, powers affecting enemies somewhat...

Missing gameplay, what if:

Trip lasers could kill u

Trip lasers spawned a high level enemy (having u not wanting to run thru all willy nilly)

A soft cover mechanic (make firefight intense) 

Instead of being reset u had to actually get back out of pitfalls(simultaneously ungimping zephyr). 

Alad v mixed control mechanic to corpus(just something to avoid,  increasing agency).

Eletrical traps that disables one of your powers randomly (a stipuation) for getting  trapped.

A high speed enemy who steals (creating on the fly missions for u to deal with)and randomly popup somewhere else on the star chart.

Leaving a weapon on the ground if not retrieved begins a timer to be sold at darvos?

A spy mission with some meat and steaks on the board. A zanuka that can actually trap a frame and require u 2 to get it back in OP form ( failure requires a rebuild) 

I could keep going but, it's just to signify that DE trivializes its own content. Certain activities depending on how they are implemented help or hinder.

On top of all that they need to add frame to frame combinations powers...Sorely lacking. 

Break up the monotony by untrivilizing all content from only running thru to beat it?  At that point you are only playing load screens as your biggest obstacle.

THOUGHTS?

Literally every single one of those sound terrible.

The enemy end game damage or sponginess isn't really the problem. My biggest gripes with the game are mostly the insane enemy spawn logic where they spawn from every hole. 

Enemies shooting you from impossible angles( plus the insane range ). Enemies tab targeting you with everything ( being charged by a Nox in the air or through a wall is...I have no words for it) if you don't spam the dodge button, you will get hit 90% of the time. 

DE needs to implement a proper hit/detect system or at least a better aoe indicator and have enemies telegraph their attacks better