Stormwind81

Lich spawn is ridiculous

Doing now my 6th Lich and I know the combination 100%. He is already lvl 5.
I had to do another 12 mission he infested to even get him spawn but he is so strong that alone it would take like 30mins to down him.

Now I am forced to find a well visited mission to have a full group and then I need him to spawn cause mostly lich's from others will spawn first and never mine.

This is not well thought thru game design.

Please make it better!

Edited by Stormwind81
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

Is this about its spawn rate? or you being unable to kill it? Because, as far as I know, they're two completely different and completely unrelated things... So, which is it?

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Upvote 2

Strategy: dont make him rank up to 5, kill him while he is just rank 4, ignore him in missions. 

"This player is screwing their fellow tenno, punish him DE!!!"

*sigh*

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

Is this about its spawn rate? or you being unable to kill it? Because, as far as I know, they're two completely different and completely unrelated things... So, which is it?

You guessed it right. It's a little bit of both.

I did what you did on my first lich, he was level 5 before I even knew what the mods were, much less the order. And it took a pretty strong group to bring him down.

I've found it easier to solo the murmurs, find the order and still keep him at level 2 or 3. I've done 3 this way now and yes it's slower, but it's much more relaxed and more fun. At least for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

have you tried using a Tigris?

If you want maximum cheese, play Revenant and get 250%+ strength. His Reave will 2shot enthralled Liches, and they're vulnerable to his Mesmer Skin stun.

• Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 1

This is supposed to be end game, but they do nothing to gate the mission to stop people fresh out of the war within from walking up and Xing themselves into a world of hurt.

At least it's avoidable now, so people only have to make that mistake once.

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Applause 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Pizzarugi:

If you want maximum cheese, play Revenant and get 250%+ strength. His Reave will 2shot enthralled Liches, and they're vulnerable to his Mesmer Skin stun.

Thanks and keep such tips coming please!

hace 2 minutos, Stormwind81 dijo:

Loki with Hushed Invisibility. Or Ivara with supressed secondary. 

20 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

Liches are also vulnerable to Magus Lockdown tether mines. It's not as long lasting as a Mesmer Skin stun, but it should keep them still long enough for you to wail on them a little. DE might've patched this out, please disregard. However, they're still vulnerable to Void Blast slows if you have the Focus perk unlocked.

Liches are immune to status procs, don't bother bringing corrosive to melt their armor. Instead, take Corrosive Projection aura and bring elements they're weak against. If they have no weaknesses, bring the standard elements their health and armor is naturally vulnerable to, such as radiation or viral if they're not going to be resistant to it.

The improved blocking in Melee 3.0 allows you to resist or outright nullify some Lich abilities. For example, Liches with toxin abilities like Overload can't hurt, CC, or rad proc you if you're blocking when they cast their ability. Make sure you're facing them, though.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 3

Try recruiting chat, type H > murmur farm and you should get your team

Check your lich weakness, resistance and immunity. That alone can make a big difference

Try building your mod again if you can't defeat it quickly, level 5 lich would take 5 - 10 minutes with fully modded gears and good teammates

• Like 1

34 минуты назад, Stormwind81 сказал:

I had to do another 12 mission he infested to even get him spawn but he is so strong that alone it would take like 30mins to down him.

From my experience, to actually make a lich mission impact his aggressiveness level completing it isn't enough. You should also kill a certain ammount of thralls. The easiest mission types to farm him are survival and exterminate. Just load into it with a good DD frame and kill everything alive. Not only you are guaranteed to up his aggressiveness, you also have a decent chance for him to spawn through the time you massacring his thralls.

Now to the killing part. Again, from my experience, you end up making him to level 5 anyway while looking for correct combination (I also have a feeling higher level means higher chance to spawn). So to not be dependent on other players, you need a good loadout. My two favourite frames for dealing with him are Mesa and Valkyr. They both deal insane ammount of damage with their exalted weapons, but Mesa excells more in killing trash mobs, which you will do anyway to increase lich's agressiveness, while Valkyr is flat out invincible and can casually facetank the lich while tearing his a** apart with her claws.

Also, mind this: if you get killed by a lich (I mean by his weapon or ability, not by him parrying your Parazon), he will get a new damage resistance in addition to ones he had (though this still needs testing), so if you're not comfortable with Mesa's tanking capabilities, use Valkyr and play safe (or use Inaros and play even safer though you will waste quite a lot of time if this f**ker has say Radiation or Slash resistance).

I hope my advice was somewhat useful.

• Applause 2

I've used nidus, Mesa, and mag for killing my liches. 

Nidus works cause his maggots draw 100% of the lich's aggro, meaning they will never attack you. 

Mesa works cause shattershield and peacemaker, duh. 

And mag works cause magnetize makes it easy to take potshots and it increases the damage. A counter pulse build also stuns all the other grineer running around. Though, mag can be kinda squishy, so this strat is riskier than the other 2.

• Like 1

After thinking for a while here's some more advice I remembered.

Frames of choice:

Frost - can be very useful if you're forced to run missions like defence, mobile defence and excavation. If the lich spawns, get him downed, and place Snow Globe on him. It will slow down his health regen, giving you a nice opportunity to farm thralls. Lich can also one-shot defence objective, so Snow Globe is necessary. Don't use Limbo for mobile defence, lich is not affected by Stasis, but can enter the rift, so it will be a large problem if he spawns.

Nova - perfect for interception as always. Good tanking, excellent control. Lich is also vulnerable to M Prime.

Weapons of choice:

Everything crit-based, as lich is immune to status effects. Catchmoon is ideal for killing trash mobs also, though if you want to damage lich with weapons, I think Rubico, Tombfinger, Corinth and such are better, as they allow keeping the distance.

If you're using Valkyr, you may also like Dokrahm heavy blade with Exodia Hunt. It allows grouping the enemies to compensate for Valkyr's lack of AoE and synergises well with Warcry.

General advice:

Leaving the lich without controlled nodes will increase his level, can be useful if he don't want to spawn and you're running out of missions (though situation like this is quite rare)

The worst tilesets to spawn a level 5 lich in my experience are Corpus Outpost and Corpus Ship. The problem is very low ceilings in some areas here, which makes dodging lich's abilities and grab pretty hard, also allowing him to easily close the distance. Preferred tilesets are Corpus Gas City, Grineer Shipyard, Grineer Asteroid.

A very important part of hunting a lich is when to begin trying mod combinations on him. What I know for sure, even meeting him once while you don't have first requiem revealed is quite hard, and even if he spawns, chances of getting the mod right are extremely low, so you're better wait until one requiem is clear. Similarly, not trying to kill him when two requiems are revealed is ineffective. Knowing the last one only reduces the number of tries by 4 or 5, while getting it revealed costs 70 thrall kills. So you better start actively suiciding into him somewhere between 1 and 2 known requiems. I would recommend waiting for 2 to be known, before that you should try attacking him only if you're out of good missions, as ranking up depletes his aggressiveness meter.

That's practically all I know about hunting them.

Also if someone tried using Shattering impact on a lich, I'm really curious if it works and if so how much does it weakens a lich.

13 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Also if someone tried using Shattering impact on a lich, I'm really curious if it works and if so how much does it weakens a lich.

I've read elsewhere that it doesn't, which is why you'd want Corrosive Projection aura.

• Upvote 1

I saw a Mesa just use it’s guns to down my level 5 right away and every time before it could stand up. If you build the right element you need into it it would be faster.

2 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

Strategy: dont make him rank up to 5, kill him while he is just rank 4, ignore him in missions. 

"This player is screwing their fellow tenno, punish him DE!!!"

*sigh*

To my knowledge it's impossible to guarantee that your Lich will stay at rank 4

At rank 1 your Lich will control maybe 7 nodes, total. And there is basically no way to get all 130 murmurs from 7 missions. When you clear them all your Lich will rank up automatically (sometimes there's a glitchy delay in which a rank 1 Lich will take over a second planet, then rank up after you do one more mission on that planet)

If you have all 130 murmurs -> all three mods revealed, there are four possible combinations. Three wrong guesses on a rank 2 Lich? He's rank 5 now

• Upvote 1

hace 2 minutos, TARINunit9 dijo:

To my knowledge it's impossible to guarantee that your Lich will stay at rank 4

At rank 1 your Lich will control maybe 7 nodes, total. And there is basically no way to get all 130 murmurs from 7 missions. When you clear them all your Lich will rank up automatically (sometimes there's a glitchy delay in which a rank 1 Lich will take over a second planet, then rank up after you do one more mission on that planet)

If you have all 130 murmurs -> all three mods revealed, there are four possible combinations. Three wrong guesses on a rank 2 Lich? He's rank 5 now

But what if you request taxi to lichs' missions even if you only have 1 remaining node? This way u could get all the other murmurs without ranking up the guy, unless you leave him killing you. 

3 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

Doing now my 6th Lich and I know the combination 100%. He is already lvl 5.

Now I am forced to find a well visited mission to have a full group and then I need him to spawn cause mostly lich's from others will spawn first and never mine.

This is not well thought thru game design.

Please make it better!

That was my most recent experience with my 6th lich. 

I got the 2nd clue, and he was rarely spawning. He spawned three times total I think and then I got the 3rd  clue and he competely stopped spawning. I did around 8 missions and he didn't spawn. In the 9th mission which I did solo, he spawned and I killed him(he was still lvl 4). But the whole process was pretty obnoxious.

DE have messed up such a good concept with a not very well thought out game plan that revolves around grindception, and multiple layers of rng.

I activated my 7th lich but I'll wait for a hotfix to see if they actually have any intention to further polish the gameplay.

• Upvote 1

What I have found in defeating 25 Liches, is that level 4 or 5 Liches can teleport very frequently by tens of meters (sometimes even teleporting out of bounds for half the time), and can suddenly deploy a rad proc with a radius of tens of meters that will basically one shot anything that's not literally invincible (if you are host or have really good ping you may have time to switch to operator and go into void mode).  I have been one shot as Fire Chroma (330 ish power strength) and as Inaros with all Umbral mods, Vigor, Armored Agility, and Gladiator Resolve.  If your companion somehow survives, a Vasca can be helpful, as they get you back up before the Lich goes away victorioius in my experience.  They won't survive the rad proc though.

So you either randomly die sometimes due to stupidly overpowered Lich attacks, or run a frame that has invincibility.  To me this is poor game design, but it is what it is.  I find Revenant to be good for this.  Valkyr, Limbo and Nyx might be viable options as well, but I have just settled on Revenant.

haven't had a lich at all yet but cant you use valkyr or something? she could rip apart max level wolf in like 2 seconds.

41 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

haven't had a lich at all yet but cant you use valkyr or something? she could rip apart max level wolf in like 2 seconds.

As long as you can work around their weaknesses and strengths, they can be solo'd. But IF it is a 5 lvl lich and you just dive in and try to melee them, an average frame gets oneshot. 

I advice using rolling guard, it is very effective. Cakewalked a lvl 5 lich with saryn with it.