Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich spawn is ridiculous

Stormwind81

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

As long as you can work around their weaknesses and strengths, they can be solo'd. But IF it is a 5 lvl lich and you just dive in and try to melee them, an average frame gets oneshot. 

I advice using rolling guard, it is very effective. Cakewalked a lvl 5 lich with saryn with it.

I allways use my silvia and agies as it corrosive + heat on it  as long as they not immune to any of those most liches goes down pretty fast so far. My biggest problem is when you have a lich with radiation for ppl got way to much area stuff. Had 1 mission earlier where pretty much everyone went down + pets just 1 person up for a rad proc happend.

18 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

I did what you did on my first lich, he was level 5 before I even knew what the mods were, much less the order. And it took a pretty strong group to bring him down.

I've found it easier to solo the murmurs, find the order and still keep him at level 2 or 3. I've done 3 this way now and yes it's slower, but it's much more relaxed and more fun. At least for me.

How do you keep him lower level?  He appears, I fight him and stab him.  I lose, he levels.  Mine is lvl 5 now too.  I have 2 of the runes worked out.

2 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

How do you keep him lower level?  He appears, I fight him and stab him.  I lose, he levels.  Mine is lvl 5 now too.  I have 2 of the runes worked out.

Avoid finishing the Lich and just farm thralls. If you just go after their thralls and avoid the big guys as much as possible, you should keep the rank low by the time you experiment with finding out the correct mod order.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

This lich event really was released unfinished and poor designed. I have to admit it is a nice idea though.

-Grind is too heavy again (there is 1% skill involved in defeating your lich but 99% grind).

-defeat against lich is annoying because you didnt use the correct mods and punishes you even though its pure rng.

-Nemesis system is too passiv (look at stalker) cause you have to do specific missions where everyone who joins has the same goal. Where is the fear to be hunted by a nemesis when it's you who has to do a specific mission to get him spawned.

-Fight is way too easy, even though they have some interesting moves and skills sometimes they turn out to be just bullet-eaters in the long run. So very boring. All Warframe is about using the correct dmg type against xy and check resists. Use gas vs this, use radiation vs that and so on, we have enough of that. They should make it so you have to hit a certain point or area on the lich to apply damage or that he is immune to certain weapons or be it weapon-types. So it would make you switch to a weapon you not use very often. *kaching* $$$$$

-toxicity between players rise because some dont want to kill their lich which makes sense too.

A nemesis system is nothing new in gaming. What problem was there to just look at other games that already implemented it well and take the best out of it!

this looks like someone tried to invent the wheel new and did a lot of things wrong when evidence already was there that shows how to do it better.

Edited by Stormwind81

My preferred way is I rank him from 1 to 2 on our first meeting, that way I've got two planets to run his missions on. I then solo murmurs for the first two mods keeping the lich at level 2. Then I go into public missions, this lets me guess the position of the two I do know while collecting murmurs quickly and having a full team to take him down if he's going to be a jerk about it, like the arsehole lich with the radiation Tonkor.

Some lichs just 1 shot you right after you used your first word on them, doing that solo with non-tanky frames can be quite annyoing...
my workaround is, I just take my invincible frames when i know i want to kill my lich.