Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people insisting on attempting on killing a Lich?

Franticlly_Skeptic

It is the strangest BS I have seen in a while. Everyone insisting that you attempt to kill your Lich weather you want to or not. They do not gain anything from the Lich. They do not get a weapon, they get nothing. If it is a mission, that is not defense, you can just move past it without any issues yet people are freaking out about killing it. I do not get it, They act like it is a troll when all it is knowing you do not have the Requiems to do anything, and choosing not to continue leveling the Lich. My choosing to attempt a kill only affects me so again why is it so many get upset at it? Are people not moving outside their own bubble?  

Edited by Franticlly_Skeptic

I will use the last mission as an example. We had 1:30 seconds left in a survival when my lich showed up. The group I was with freaked that I did not want to kill it so refused to leave. No skin off my back. They ended up going till they ran out of air, all in an attempt to "troll" me, their words not mine. This is way more toxic than someone not wanting to level or kill their lich, yet here we are.  That is not someone in a rush to kill their Lich, that is people being toxic for the sake of being toxic.  BTW you can not extract from the group in a survival if it is on a Kuva Lich mission. Not sure that is intended. 

Edited by Franticlly_Skeptic

... Its pretty certain to assume that they don't care about your consideration for them... Or us, for that matter, care about whatever happens during your missions. I'm not saying that you shouldn't talk about it if you feel that you should talk about it though.

If people, during a mission, end up being offensive then all you have to do is to report them.

Edited by Uhkretor

So I have to get my requiem murmurs from missions where he can spawn, but if I do that, he will spawn, and people will insist on me trying, dying, and getting penalized by it getting stronger, while I have no means of chasing them off. Or when I have the murmurs, I still need the requiem mods. Where do I get them? Missions where he can spawn! Or when I run out of relics, where do I go for new ones? Missions where he can spawn! I have to run around 50 missions (Still counting) to be able to TRY to kill it (and even then, my mod order might be wrong, but that's a gamble I'm willing to do), and during all these, I am literally a griefer, just by existing, and the only thing I can do is penalizing myself. This system is just bad. I can take the lich stealing my loot from the missions, but there is the potential of me, FAILING a mission, just because I lose my last respawn to a lich I literally unable to chase off, because of a grind wall.

Please, at least give us an option to chase it off of our mission without him getting stronger.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

people seem to be full of it anyways, as multiple Liches have appeared simultaneously in Multiplayer Missions before, so it isn't even definitive that one Lich prevents another anyways.

multiple lichs showing up is a bug. there is no way to display multiple lich health bars. i think ive seen it happen all of 1 time and when the mission ended i had to force close the game. yeah there is a lich queue.

1 hour ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

It is the strangest BS I have seen in a while. Everyone insisting that you attempt to kill your Lich weather you want to or not. They do not gain anything from the Lich. They do not get a weapon, they get nothing. If it is a mission, that is not defense, you can just move past it without any issues yet people are freaking out about killing it. I do not get it, They act like it is a troll when all it is knowing you do not have the Requiems to do anything, and choosing not to continue leveling the Lich. My choosing to attempt a kill only affects me so again why is it so many get upset at it? Are people not moving outside their own bubble?  

DE has caused a rift in the player base with this. by neglecting your lich you prevent people from progressing murmurs faster because lichs are worth 40 thralls on failure. why did you spawn a lich when you cannot handle them at their max lvl? i have yet to see anyone not help me or anyone else down a lich so why are you avoiding them being lvled up?

Edited by EinheriarJudith

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

multiple lichs showing up is a bug. there is no way to display multiple lich health bars. i think ive seen it happen all of 1 time and when the mission ended i had to force close the game. yeah there is a lich queue.

is it also a Bug that the new Lich/Boss bars also block Health Bars of all other Enemies? :p

i don't recall others saying that the game softlocked for them after encountering multiple Liches simultaneously though. but if it happens sometimes, i'll take that into consideration.

1 minute ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

The Lich murmers received is only for the player attempting to Kill it, and not for other players.  Again it only affects the one the Lich is after. 

and by you not making yours go away you deny other players of theirs and their faster murmur progress.

Edit: you didnt answer my 2 questions.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

54 minutes ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

This points to an issue that is ingrained into the new system, that is toxic.

The system isn't toxic though. People make it toxic for the same attitude that you, and many others, show during missions... And then then other people respond with toxicity, the very ones that were toxic before come to the forum and create topics such as this one.

... Which is why:

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... Its pretty certain to assume that they don't care about your consideration for them... Or us, for that matter, care about whatever happens during your missions

Each player deals with the Lich as he/she sees fit, but have to keep that choice for Solo runs. Otherwise, this attitude (and forum bloat) will cycle over and over again.

Edited by Uhkretor

4 minutes ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

I tend to solo my final part of killing the Lich, since I go toxic. Going in a group tends to rad proc everyone and makes the mission less smooth. 

if you are worried about the cursed ground you can just use oberon and everyone becomes immune with hollowed ground. i think both the toxin and heat liches make for interesting fights.

Only one lich can be present at any given time.

If you don't attempt to down your lich, then they can't have their lich spawn. They can also spawn after a mission is over...hence why they were pissed even at the 1:30 second mark of that mission. For them, the point of the mission was to get the attention of their lich and have it spawn, whereas you were just collecting murmers and completely avoiding your lich. You neglecting to try and take down your lich means that the mission was a complete waste for them, because you didn't want your lich to level.

I had a match with someone who said people who are annoyed by that should go fight their lich solo, to which my retort is that people who have no interest in playing communally should go collect their murmers solo. If you are collecting murmers with groups, you are undoubtedly not planning to hunt your lich solo either...so I don't know why you're concerned about it leveling up.

I'm on my 6th or 7th lich, they're not difficult when you're in a group...no matter how high they've leveled. People need you to make the attempt to progress, especially those who have ALL of their mods discovered and are trying to actually kill their lich.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

Lets be honest most people doing these missions are farming Mumers, and not their Lich. If someone else lich spawns, and theirs does not does not mean that their lich will spawn even if someone adepts it. They are upset at a hypothetical maybe. 

liches are part of farming murmurs. i would not have killed so many of them if not for DE adding that faster progress to them. get 1 correct, thats less murmurs to farm and so on...... while i dont care about using 1 revive i also side with people who do care. but right now it does not help when you hold up lich spawn because you dont want them to lvl up for whatever reason.

What confuses me is why people are so terrified of their lich ranking. Even if you go out of your way to unlock all three murmurs before attempting to kill it, it's very unlikely that you'll get the correct combination first or second try. Your lich is going to rank essentially no matter what you do. And if you're playing public, the mission is scaled to the host's lich anyway, so it rarely even matters.

Now I'm not saying the system is fine. Hell, I hate nearly everything about the liches, and I do hate that there is no way to avoid ranking your lich, but really it's one of the smallest problems this system has.

Still think ranking your lich should be entirely optional, and every rank boosts their weapon bonus and they get an ephemera at max rank instead of it being RNG like everything else.

2 minutes ago, Shards-of-a-Soul said:

What confuses me is why people are so terrified of their lich ranking. Even if you go out of your way to unlock all three murmurs before attempting to kill it, it's very unlikely that you'll get the correct combination first or second try. Your lich is going to rank essentially no matter what you do. And if you're playing public, the mission is scaled to the host's lich anyway, so it rarely even matters.

Now I'm not saying the system is fine. Hell, I hate nearly everything about the liches, and I do hate that there is no way to avoid ranking your lich, but really it's one of the smallest problems this system has.

Still think ranking your lich should be entirely optional, and every rank boosts their weapon bonus and they get an ephemera at max rank instead of it being RNG like everything else.

agreed. i stopped caring about the lvl of the lich after the second one.