Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I totally dig the idea of rank 40 weapons

k05h

Having played around with my Kuva Chakkhurr I totally love the mod space a rank 40 weapon offers. I was able to slap 3 primed mods on it, activated the exilus mod and still have enough mod points to play around with builds. I was finally able to go for more utility instead of the "usual" min-max builds.

I would love to see an upgrade system that would allow other weapons to achieve rank 40. I know that we would end up with power creep but I would totally sacrifice the ability to add rivens for having a rank 40 weapon.

i'm not digging having to Level a Weapon 6 times to have actually Leveled it once, and that the XP trend continues going up as you go past 30.
the game is just taking a dump on your head with these Weapons. not only do you have to Level it 6 times, it has the audacity when breaking the rules of Rank30 to not even halt the XP increase per Level. that's just rude.

• Like 9

Ehh, it was fun with the Paracesis because it was a new mechanic. Having to do it for all weapons to show "mastered" on our profile or to get all the mastery is a bit much. It's not even the use of forma for me, that's fine. It's the time to level everything over and over. Especially being solo, I can't just go leech in ESO like everyone else seems to do to level weapons in 1-2 zones.

I don't mind it as it gives me something to invest Forma into but at the same time the gimmick is going to wear thin for me by the time I finish the Kuva weapons.

Though practically speaking the mechanic isn't that helpful as there aren't enough high cost mods for the capacity increase to matter. At least with the Paracesis it gained bonus damage to sentients for pumping Forma into it.

Maybe if their element bonus was buffed or they gained bonus damage to Liches as you put Forma onto them it would be a more satisfying feature. But then again people would raise more complaints about being "forced" to put Forma onto the weapons.

Paracesis was ok because it actually had some benefit other than mod space to adding in the extra levels....

Kuva weapons are not ok because all you gain is more capacity and in all honesty this is just forced forma usage which is a backhanded way to try and sell forma imo, even with stockpiles that some of us veterans have we're going to run out pretty quickly if we're wasting 5 forma each time we fully level a new kuva weapon for the first time.  Not to mention the sheer waste of time necessary to level it up... levelling stuff wouldn't be so bad if we actually got decent xp from places outside the 'meta' xp locations.

This update is so incredibly lacking that DE has essentially resorted to making things last longer by excessive grind and rng. 

Edited by LSG501

I mean it's something I was going to do anyway so having 10 extra levels on top of the forma I am putting in already is great. Now I can use Suppress on Brakk. Kuva Shildeg is the only one that was a complete waste. Almost no melee is ever needing more than 1-2 forma but 5?

That's only complaint. Kuva Shildeg... Everything else is fine.

I have been reading this tread and riven dispo, and overall power creep. It seems that new kuva weapons are already creeping power up, DE needs to decide wether there going to have a hard cap on damage or different levels in the game. The way there saying weapon useage should be equal indicates a power cap, but introduction of new high power weapons suggests that maybe there working on level tiers in game. The idea of rivens on normal weapons to make then as powerful as the top level is odd in game design. Having two accounts one mr27, other at mr 11 there are things new player don't have, 1 mod capacity 2 slots 3 mods 4 credits 5 enough time in game to have got first 1 to 4. DE needs to tier weapons more raise mastery and set more mr fodder weapons available for credits rather than crating these weapons could be non riven and appropriate for upto level 50 content, next level weapons available for content level 50 and above could be split into two one than are as is now 60points plus riven and 80 points without riven, latter being most powerful weapons end game endurance etc.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

I have been reading this tread and riven dispo, and overall power creep. It seems that new kuva weapons are already creeping power up, DE needs to decide wether there going to have a hard cap on damage or different levels in the game. The way there saying weapon useage should be equal indicates a power cap, but introduction of new high power weapons suggests that maybe there working on level tiers in game. The idea of rivens on normal weapons to make then as powerful as the top level is odd in game design. Having two accounts one mr27, other at mr 11 there are things new player don't have, 1 mod capacity 2 slots 3 mods 4 credits 5 enough time in game to have got first 1 to 4. DE needs to tier weapons more raise mastery and set more mr fodder weapons available for credits rather than crating these weapons could be non riven and appropriate for upto level 50 content, next level weapons available for content level 50 and above could be split into two one than are as is now 60points plus riven and 80 points without riven, latter being most powerful weapons end game endurance etc.

You're all over the place there with what you're saying and not making a huge amount of sense to anyone but yourself. In other words, you're as clear as mud.

The weapons that were made Kuva weapons weren't top tier before. Kuva Ogris imo is actually worse than the regular Ogris. Kuva Tonkor isn't anything to write home about.
Most of these Kuva weapons have less damage than their normal counter parts but with increased Crit or Status chance, or both.
My Brakk riven will always be better than Kuva Brakk's Riven.

Same for My Ogris Riven.

The rivens you're talking about being stronger on say the Lex than it is on Lex Prime doesn't make Lex better than Lex Prime is. It is just something they have wanted to try and finally did. Good idea, but that still doesn't make the regular weapon better than the upgraded version.
Depending on the weapon, it brings it slightly closer to on par, but not as good, and certainly not better.

Edited by Alcatraz

8 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

You're all over the place there with what you're saying and not making a huge amount of sense to anyone but yourself. In other words, you're as clear as mud.

The weapons that were made Kuva weapons weren't top tier before. Kuva Ogris imo is actually worse than the regular Ogris. Kuva Tonkor isn't anything to write home about.
Most of these Kuva weapons have less damage than their normal counter parts but with increased Crit or Status chance, or both.
My Brakk riven will always be better than Kuva Brakk's Riven.

Same for My Ogris Riven.

The rivens you're talking about being stronger on say the Lex than it is on Lex Prime doesn't make Lex better than Lex Prime is. It is just something they have wanted to try and finally did. Good idea, but that still doesn't make the regular weapon better than the upgraded version.
Depending on the weapon, it brings it slightly closer to on par, but not as good, and certainly not better.

Yes i've been watching utube on new weapons and the element bug is clear to see, that its not using what it should be from dual elements eg corrosive, hopefully DE sorts that calculating bug. As for rambling guilty as charged. your statement about the lex with the introduction of different dispo for normal, prime and kuva. This senaroi is on a different thread were dps was calculated and while yes somethings are different with the right rolls damage could be at a higher out put on a normal over a prime variation. Should all weapons be equal?