Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

I first started playing the game 6 years ago and I personally like the updates. They're working hard on rebalancing the game and adding new gameplay features.

Warframe overall felt way too easy at some point starting from a few years ago. The enemies lacked character, ammunition was abundant and everything was one-hitted with ridiculous over-the-cap damage. The times when enemies were dangerous to the characters and ammo was running out forcing the player to use really risky melee were really enjoyable to me and my clanmates.

With the last rebalancing done to the weapons such as Arca Plasmor, Fulmin, some Kitguns, the melee system and so on everything looks like it's going to be way more challenging in the future, and no longer a permanent easy mode theme park with inflating, crazy numbers flying everywhere.

When the Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna were added I noticed something awesome - the new level 30 enemies were both stronger and better equipped in terms of different things they're doing while engaged in combat than the classic enemies you encounter on the generic spaceship missions.

All of this makes me feel confident that if they keep up fine-tuning the game they'll surely appease at least to me and the other folks who enjoy a fair amount of challenge.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 1

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets. I can't see how any new player once they understand the farming mountain they must climb does not uninstall the game and never look back. At this point I am having fun playing the railjack missions so I will continue but I know full well if I want the ideal railjack setup and all intrinsics leveled its going to be very unfun getting there. There is a severe balance issue of grind vs fun in this game it needs to be addressed and should be the top priority.

il y a une heure, (PS4)oblivion_13test a dit :

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets. I can't see how any new player once they understand the farming mountain they must climb does not uninstall the game and never look back. At this point I am having fun playing the railjack missions so I will continue but I know full well if I want the ideal railjack setup and all intrinsics leveled its going to be very unfun getting there. There is a severe balance issue of grind vs fun in this game it needs to be addressed and should be the top priority.

I agree with this. It's literally doing the same sabotage mission (i.e. kill, infiltrate, hack, destroy) for a tremendous amount of hour against tedious bullet sponge just to be able to change a weapon or have another "power" (whether it's a passive from intrinsincs or an active as a battle or tactical avionics). Add to it a time gated mission that make player misbehave to optimize their very own drop chance. And conclude with punishing rng for same items as an additionnal layer of grind.

There should have more variety in missions and least an equivalent of "hydron" in terms of farming intrinsincs, mk1 and mk2 weapons should be cheaper and faster to craft, their should be less rng in components, all archwing should be viable as fighter killer, and front gun should be a viable way to destroy a crewship...

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)oblivion_13test:

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets.

Yep indeed. Even with drop chance and rate booster I struggle to get certain resources. I have lost interest after about two weeks because of the new strange rng walls and the almost identical mission on all nodes. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (PS4)SolarPhantom82:

Path of exile has taking its place, dont think it will be back in top 10 unless New war is good...  heres hoping...

If The New War builds on the Erra quest (shedu bp) than it wont be accesible to new players. If The New War is walled off by railjack then the biggest quest since War Within can only be played by veterans. That will not get them any new players or rising player numbers. 

Edited by k05h
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, k05h said:

I think it is safe to assume "The Old War" will continue where this story ended - in Veil Proxima. So we might end up with a great new story walled off by Railjack. 

They can’t be that stupid can they, we have lotus helmet in our personal quarters.

And they wouldnt want to cut off newbies from it, I bet you will have had to complete the war within…

I think the new war will just add and new sentient tileset and railjack world map ..

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

42 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

They can’t be that stupid can they, we have lotus helmet in our personal quarters.

And they wouldnt want to cut off newbies from it, I bet you will have had to complete the war within…

I think the new war will just add and new sentient tileset and railjack world map ..

Personally locking folks out of that part of New War until they do Erra seems like exactly the kind of path DE will take to me at this time. Sorta like Eyes of Blight if you didn't have a powered up archwing and archguns from before the event started, you weren't likely to contribute for those first few days, for the questline part, yeah it would stand to reason there too.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Personally locking folks out of that part of New War until they do Erra seems like exactly the kind of path DE will take to me at this time. Sorta like Eyes of Blight if you didn't have a powered up archwing and archguns from before the event started, you weren't likely to contribute for those first few days, for the questline part, yeah it would stand to reason there too.

DE are all ready skating on thin ice with me.  If they did this.  Id look at the time it's would take. .and tell myself. .   I'd rather play the whole of witcher 3 and DLCs in the same time.  And just nope out of the game. ..

• Like 4

Just now, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

DE are all ready skating on thin ice with me.  If they did this.  Id look at the time it's would take. .and tell myself. .   I'd rather play the whole of witcher 3 and DLCs in the same time.  And just nope out of the game. ..

Who am I kidding ?  I could finish Days gone too  😂😂😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Hopefully, I am wrong with my feelings.

I think they made a fatal mistake. The pulled a Nexon. Did what killed so many other games. Stacked RNG on RNG and that is enough to scare most sane players away. WE have seen countless games try this only to fail. From the slew of Korean MMO's to the Maple Stories to the ArchAges. It may work in Asia but it does not work for the rest of the world. It just gets us burnt out and crushes our hopes and dreams. The Liche system pushed it to extremes. They did not listen. Railjack has its own layers of RNG that quickly pissed off players. So we went and played something else. 

It is very simple really. Don't do dumb stuff. DE pulled to much dumb stuff. Did not listen to us and gambled. We called their bluff and said Checkmate. Now we are waiting on their next move. Its do or Die for DE. Go the way of MapleStory 2 and be happy milking your remaining few thousand customers or change ways and get us all back. They can still make it right but it will require them eating crow and admitting they done wrong. That is something they are not good at. I have a felling DE Steve would rather choke on crow feathers and let the game die then actually admit he made a huge mistake with Empyrean. 

It has been a very long time since DE graced the media's praises by removing a unethical gambling mechanic. They rode on that pr for awhile. Promised us they were different. They quickly fell into their old ways again. They need to stand out from the rest. We have our choice of free bad grindy p2w games to choose from. If they want to be another one who just gets lost in the steam list then they may as well continue running the game like some terribad mobile mmo. If they want to get the customers back then they gotta evolve a bit. Get back to basics. Sit down and play their own game and ask themselves. "Is this even fun anymore or is it just to much of a blatant cash grab to sell boosters, drones and skins?" Because from where I am sitting they seem to be more keen on milking us for plat then making fun stuff anymore and its showing in the end results. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Operativ said:

I first started playing the game 6 years ago and I personally like the updates. They're working hard on rebalancing the game and adding new gameplay features.

Warframe overall felt way too easy at some point starting from a few years ago. The enemies lacked character, ammunition was abundant and everything was one-hitted with ridiculous over-the-cap damage. The times when enemies were dangerous to the characters and ammo was running out forcing the player to use really risky melee were really enjoyable to me and my clanmates.

With the last rebalancing done to the weapons such as Arca Plasmor, Fulmin, some Kitguns, the melee system and so on everything looks like it's going to be way more challenging in the future, and no longer a permanent easy mode theme park with inflating, crazy numbers flying everywhere.

When the Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna were added I noticed something awesome - the new level 30 enemies were both stronger and better equipped in terms of different things they're doing while engaged in combat than the classic enemies you encounter on the generic spaceship missions.

All of this makes me feel confident that if they keep up fine-tuning the game they'll surely appease at least to me and the other folks who enjoy a fair amount of challenge.

Thank you for reading.

Warning.  Unabashed opinion and personal viewpoint incoming:

The above quote all pertains to core combat.  The problem is that instead of progress and core combat being intricately connected to the point of artistry as it once was, you are seeing RnG and design systems that functionally divorce players by task, combat restriction, and walled-off requirement.

Choice was the beauty of Warframe up until around the time Fortuna doubled down on “functional divorce”, whether intententionally or inadvertently.

Progress of the classic kind I mentioned may just have fallen victim to the game’s F2P life cycle in terms of the business model.  Or the limits of the game’s overall design.  Or the limits of DE’s programming skill with increasing complexities and demands.  I get that...

I also believe Railjack will get better.  For all the hard work and ingenuity put into it to make it accessible with current systems it still needs to get better.  Current ship combat feels weirdly like a modern 3-D version of side-scrolling Defender with frantic Minecraft mining inside that costs you resources instead of gaining them.

My favorite part by far?

Slingshotting, infiltrating ships and bases to fight troops, and using my max-status KOHM And other Warframe Weapons on ships (for all I know this is a bug) in AW after slingshotting.

See the commonality?

Core Combat and speed.

Railjack is vast but it lacks the big speed, big power, big variety, and explosive pay-off of good old fashioned Warframe combat...which has been increasingly marginalized by modes that have strayed too far from the glorious “big-everything” gameplay that defines it.

I’m so happy The New War is coming.

But I’m prepared to have to grind through a lot of non-premium combat to get to the best parts.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

I think they made a fatal mistake. The pulled a Nexon. Did what killed so many other games. Stacked RNG on RNG and that is enough to scare most sane players away. WE have seen countless games try this only to fail. From the slew of Korean MMO's to the Maple Stories to the ArchAges. It may work in Asia but it does not work for the rest of the world. It just gets us burnt out and crushes our hopes and dreams. The Liche system pushed it to extremes. They did not listen. Railjack has its own layers of RNG that quickly pissed off players. So we went and played something else.

I believe one of the reasons is how people keep saying there's nothing to do, content drought, etc etc because DE stayed away from that RNG on RNG and you only need to grind once. Apparently people can't play if there's no reward or something to chase nowadays and playing for pure fun is a grave sin and people keep asking for sustainable content where you can keep coming back to get rewards, but that's the reality of sustainable content is, RNG on top of RNG with no clear way to tell if you will get something better or not, not to mention the massive grinding for that

So that's the choice, either being content with one and done and keep playing with your toys with nothing else to chase and just for the fun, or the so called sustainable content with RNG on top of RNG stacks. So now, who are those people who keep saying DE should make sustainable content? I doubt that all of those people are from Asia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I believe one of the reasons is how people keep saying there's nothing to do, content drought, etc etc because DE stayed away from that RNG on RNG and you only need to grind once. Apparently people can't play if there's no reward or something to chase nowadays and playing for pure fun is a grave sin and people keep asking for sustainable content where you can keep coming back to get rewards, but that's the reality of sustainable content is, RNG on top of RNG with no clear way to tell if you will get something better or not, not to mention the massive grinding for that

So that's the choice, either being content with one and done and keep playing with your toys with nothing else to chase and just for the fun, or the so called sustainable content with RNG on top of RNG stacks. So now, who are those people who keep saying DE should make sustainable content? I doubt that all of those people are from Asia

I play for fun. It’s why I’ve given a LOT of money to DE in the past.  The loot just happens when the journey to get it is fun.

And it becomes a grind when it’s not fun.

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I play for fun. It’s why I’ve given a LOT of money to DE in the past.  The loot just happens when the journey to get it is fun.

And it becomes a grind when it’s not fun.

And unfortunately people like you and me are not the majority and people just want to grind for rewards over and over and rush through the journey so what can I say?

Just now, 844448 said:

And unfortunately people like you and me are not the majority and people just want to grind for rewards over and over and rush through the journey so what can I say?

There are two points here, though.

The fulfillment of the rewards vs enjoying the journey.

DE needs to make sure the journey is FUN or the cycle breaks down. 

Fun content—> rewards —>Fun content—>

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Warning.  Unabashed opinion and personal viewpoint incoming:

The above quote all pertains to core combat.  The problem is that instead of progress and core combat being intricately connected to the point of artistry as it once was, you are seeing RnG and design systems that functionally divorce players by task, combat restriction, and walled-off requirement.

Choice was the beauty of Warframe up until around the time Fortuna doubled down on “functional divorce”, whether intententionally or inadvertently.

Progress of the classic kind I mentioned may just have fallen victim to the game’s F2P life cycle in terms of the business model.  Or the limits of the game’s overall design.  Or the limits of DE’s programming skill with increasing complexities and demands.  I get that...

I also believe Railjack will get better.  For all the hard work and ingenuity put into it to make it accessible with current systems it still needs to get better.  Current ship combat feels weirdly like a modern 3-D version of side-scrolling Defender with frantic Minecraft mining inside that costs you resources instead of gaining them.

My favorite part by far?

Slingshotting, infiltrating ships and bases to fight troops, and using my max-status KOHM And other Warframe Weapons on ships (for all I know this is a bug) in AW after slingshotting.

See the commonality?

Core Combat and speed.

Railjack is vast but it lacks the big speed, big power, big variety, and explosive pay-off of good old fashioned Warframe combat...which has been increasingly marginalized by modes that have strayed too far from the glorious “big-everything” gameplay that defines it.

I’m so happy The New War is coming.

But I’m prepared to have to grind through a lot of non-premium combat to get to the best parts.

I think that it's a really constructive opinion on what exactly changed in Warframe's overall feel from a player's perspective.

I play for fun myself, as do many of my clanmates playing since the initial open launch when you could still buy these founder packages with Excalibur Prime, and yet none of us is Mastery Rank 28. 🙂

It's true that given our accounts have been present for many years we're not focusing on the grinding part of the game - if something we like is around, sure, we'll pick up the materials for it and craft the thing. We also did get Ivara the classical way through Spy missions. However, in the end we don't care if we're MR 15, 16, 18 or 23 and so on.

This is where I believe Warframe development should not stick to the 'everything adds to the endless MR grind, and when you finally hit MR 30, then we'll just increase the max to MR 40' (not an actual quote, but business assumption). The question is, why would anybody care for that and focus on the tiny number as something major? I think that there's no proper way to answer that, as it's too subjective. I've seen people go for it for more initial mod space on their stuff at rank 0, however at some point there will be nothing to level (like at current MR 28) so that mod space is just a figurehead impression of progress. Now, don't get me wrong, I prefer that MR gives that tiny modspace boost and some really unnoticeable utility boosts rather than straight up stats, as that would be a balancing nightmare and transform the game into an eastern grindfest where strength is measured in thousands of hours spent and/or sneakily botted.

During my gameplay I've often seen a higher MR player bash a lower MR player while openly expressing their MR difference (superiority/inferiority). Relating to my above text that would mean at least a part of the community uses it to measure or add up to the personal ego - I'll not go into detail whether it's compensating for something or not. So where the heck am I going? Well, the answer is - I think that a considerable number of the playerbase focuses on this archaic, endless grind style Mastery Rank, instead of going for their own fun and enjoyment that's not publicly measured or shown, but rather felt on the inside (imagine like, "Aaah, this Corinth sounds and shoots too good, it's ballistic music for my ears"). Who or what should be blamed? Well, nobody! Blaming isn't cool, even if there are visible, considerable design problems. So based on reading the above what do we know? That the only kind of progress is tied to a system of endless, mostly purposeless grind. That from my previous post there's something wrong that happened with the old style enemies who could just keep inflating tens of levels above a hundred and would still be just an uninteresting cannon fodder without any kind of personality.

What to do then?

One might think at a glimpse "let's add power meaning to MR then to have progress" but let's stop there! Did we come here to play Tibia / Metin / Black Desert Online / any other semi-infinitely power-scaling MMO game? Hell nah! We came here to play Warframe, so let's stay on playing that game in its own, unique design. Player freedom, lots of customisability, and once more - unique design; all of it and many more characteristics make it one of the best free-to-play games.

I mean we could fiddle all we want by attempting to give MR a purpose, streamlining player progress better while avoiding the semi-infinite grind, etc.

However the actual move should come from the developers themselves, I won't pretend or claim that I know more than them about their own game - after all they have the data in their hands, and this is why that data coupled with many awesome ideas passing this forum could create great things together.

Peace for now, gotta work. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Exactly. RNGs generate /Jim Sterling's mocking voice ENGAGEMENT, but not enjoyment, quite the opposite. I don't know if anyone managed to make something both inherently engaging and enjoyable (and frankly a bit afraid if anyone ever does) so, ther best you can do is strike the balance.

DE once had that balance, and it had that reputation of a maverick dev who doesn't play by the F2P business rules, but the liches definitely had neither, and while I hope Railjack still can be salvaged, it was a move in the same direction.

• Like 3