Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Citation needed. Oh right that's impossible as DE will never give it to you and discord doesn't show player numbers either. So you're just pulling percentages out of literally no where. 

it is common and general knowledge even the reddit has had multiple threads over 6-7 years of requests and demands to be able to play without steam from people that thought steam required

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

it is common and general knowledge even the reddit has had multiple threads over 6-7 years of requests and demands to be able to play without steam from people that thought steam required

People demand games be released on Linux platforms. That means microsoft has less then 50% market share? 

I knew this was going to happen.

The build variety isn't as impressive as Warframe but my brother picked up Destiny 2 and is saying how much he loves the overall lack of grind. Destiny 2 plays a lot more like a looter-shooter than Warframe, more like Borderlands and Diablo. 

Now, more than ever, Warframe needs to determine what kind of game it wants to be. No more beating around the bush. No more side projects. With this level of direct competition we will see numbers down into the 15k's by first quarter next year.

Does Warframe want to be challenging? Or does it want to be mindless? You can't have both. I would rather have challenge-warframe, but at the same time "challenge" is not grind nor is it timed invulnerability. I hope this is a wake up call or else the community is going to get much, much smaller.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play. This update didn’t bring players back. I’m worried this update did more harm then good..  Lets hope the new war and Empyrean are Great… But how long can the player basic wait. And will the wait be worth it. ? https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Warframe is on top 10 list right now and has a concurrent player base of online players that comes close to that of destiny 2 if you add in the other launcher platforms available for the PC

1 hour ago, Ephemiel said:

That is one of the most hilarious excuses i have ever seen.

Then why are you hiding behind an alt account if this is true?

Just barely passed the 100 days old, this is my only account, don't need to hide anything.

I've several friends that have been playing for years and just recently came back. Years, as in 5+. They tried to convince me several times to give this game a chance. And their vet friends, most of them reinstalled. It's anecdotical but for every truly salty "I won't come back" veteran I know 4 that are lich hunting.

And again, game's population has been steadily going up since release. Last month we had like 60k peak. We're on our way to 90k peak this month. All of you need to take a chill pill because content you don't personally enjoy is not same as bad or poor content, in pretty much the same way content you personally like is automatically good, guess it's natural bias, understandable but hardly objective. This thread has a lot of examples of "criticism" that is neither helpful, nor accurate, nor actually criticism (it's like a big child's tantrum).

I won't reply so don't bother quoting me anyway, I will be busy murmur farming. Rise above your bias and look at the game dispassionately. In January 2015 we had on average 20k players. We're about to double that number for this month. The playerbase is not shrinking, people come and go from "live services" games all the time.

You keep comparing it to Destiny 2 without realizing Bungie is twice the size DE is, with much more exposure (because Blizzard's BattleNet had the game previously), and that people are going to naturally flock to that game because it's the "new" thing. Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda/Zenimax)  has less players than Warframe has. We are back in top 10 now, as of RIGHT NOW. That's as GG to this thread's title and to this thread as you will ever have, so quit crying, game's not dying.

J5elLoT.jpg

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

People only focusing on Steam when there is also the SA launcher aswell as the Discord launcher that has been out for a while now. Steam atm probably makes up around 40% of the active playerbase on PC with the majority of the rest sitting on SA and some percentage (5-10%) on Discord.

Yes you are right, there are multiple launcher. Does it matter ? Yes, for the absolute player count but not for the trend. We got such a huge sample size from steam that you can say with a very confidence level and a very small margin of error that the trend is representive for the overall population of warframe players (Only for the PC). Even if discord and the native launcher together would have the double count (what i doubt) the sample would still reflect the popularity. I assume that the sample is unbiased (steam behaves like the native game and there are people who like steam over the native client (like me)).

Now let's look at the player statistic:

warframe.png

The trend is declining and there is a very high properbility that it behaves on the other launchers (discord (pc), native (pc)) too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Citation needed. Oh right that's impossible as DE will never give it to you and discord doesn't show player numbers either. So you're just pulling percentages out of literally no where. 

Also you think the biggest gaming platform on PC doesn't matter? 

When the game has a SA version it is not uncommon that it holds 50%+ of the players, especially when the game was originally launched through a SA version. It is a simple trend and has been for years through several different games. Reddit has also been active when it comes to Steam vs SA numbers.

But I'm not going to go find any numbers since you are the same person that had an extremely hard time understanding even the concept of concurrent vs total active player numbers in a similar thread earlier this year. So anything I provide I might aswell go and pin on a brick wall here in my apartment.

3 minutes ago, tyreens said:

The trend is declining and there is a very high properbility that it behaves on the other launchers (discord (pc), native (pc)) too.

So? It still means we have around 100k concurrent players on PC on a monday afternoon. Those are very good numbers for a game going on its 7th year.

Compare it to Destiny 2 right now and the population difference is minimal between the two.

• Like 1

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

So? It still means we have around 100k concurrent players on PC on a monday afternoon. Those are very good numbers for a game going on its 7th year.

Compare it to Destiny 2 right now and the population difference is minimal between the two.

Destiny2 has around 100k concurrent players as well

vor 1 Minute schrieb SneakyErvin:

I just wanted to show that there is a statistical relationship between the trend you can see on steam and the overall population.

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

Destiny2 has around 100k concurrent players as well

Exactly, the two games are very equal in population, yet some people scream doom and gloom for WF while claiming Destiny 2 is massively more popular at the exact same time.

Either both games are total failures or both are successful when they have nearly the same numbers. And that is by us ignoring the actual age difference of the two games.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tyreens said:

I just wanted to show that there is a statistical relationship between the trend you can see on steam and the overall population.

Yeah, I never said there wasnt. I simply pointed out that Steam doesnt show the whole playersize. So the people comparing it to Destiny 2 are nothing but ignorant and uneducated since they dont realize Destiny 2 is on Steam only while WF has only about half the population there.

edit: So those people praising the massive population of Destiny 2 while nagging on WF are just hilariously clueless people in the end.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

the peak of concurrent players on PC for warframe came middle of october and was 131k a number Destiny 2 still has not seen in concurrent numbers

This topic isn't about the health of Destiny 2, it's about the state of Warframe. Warframe never came close to 130k in middle of october it's been 55k at best. https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#3m

but yes. Destiny 2 generally sees about 100k players on at any given time. It's consistently in the top 5 on Steam. unknown.png

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb SneakyErvin:

Yeah, I never said there wasnt. I simply pointed out that Steam doesnt show the whole playersize. So the people comparing it to Destiny 2 are nothing but ignorant and uneducated since they dont realize Destiny 2 is on Steam only while WF has only about half the population there.

I wouldn't say "only about half the population there" without a prove. But people should stop comparing it with other games.

Just now, Fire2box said:

This topic isn't about the health of Destiny 2, it's about the state of Warframe.

Destiny 2 a new and Hot game by your account isnt able to match the concurrent player numbers of a 7 almost 8 year old game.  That either says both are doing horribly or that Destiny 2 is basically dead on arrival.  and you are one that brought up destiny 2 by comparing it a while back.  A game just over 1 year old should not be struggling to keep up with a almost 8 year old game in players if the older game is bassicaly dying the way you claim

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Exactly, the two games are very equal in population,

Literally are not and Steam Chart shows this. 

And if we want to play the " Welllllllll, not everyone plays on steam." We can do exactly the same with Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is cross save across all platforms after all. 

Just now, tyreens said:

I wouldn't say "only about half the population there" without a prove. But people should stop comparing it with other games.

It is a game with a standalone launcher, common sense and trends are enough to give us a ballpark guesstimation of the distribution. Especially when we add it up with numbers from reddit posts that have included leaked info since 2018. I mean we've been over this here on the forums several times before. It is starting to get a little old and repetative to say the least.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count

has that of the 45k players online only 1.4% aproximately are on steam

Since you want to use a website I've never heard of I will too. unknown.png

Why does july 2018 sound familiar in Warframe? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice

Edited by Fire2box