Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

Just now, Fire2box said:

Literally are not and Steam Chart shows this. 

And if we want to play the " Welllllllll, not everyone plays on steam." We can do exactly the same with Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is cross save across all platforms after all. 

that doesnt apply because if go to players on all platforms like that Warframe concurrent player numbers triples or more due to no cross saves yet

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

i like how you deliberatly cut off the #1 rating by player count just because it goes against your argument

You're free to submit screenshots, are you not? 

unknown.png

there's your 131k. it's Fortuna release. 

Edited by Fire2box

Just now, Fire2box said:

Literally are not and Steam Chart shows this. 

And if we want to play the " Welllllllll, not everyone plays on steam." We can do exactly the same with Destiny 2. Destiny 2 is cross save across all platforms after all. 

And WF has console players too, that are actually unique users in that case since we lack cross save.

PC vs PC population is extremely even between the two. But as I said earlier, talking any form of numbers with you is like talking to a very dense brick wall. You will never get it, so it is highly pointless to even waste time on you.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

And WF has console players too, that are actually unique users in that case since we lack cross save.

PC vs PC population is extremely even between the two. But as I said earlier, talking any form of numbers with you is like talking to a very dense brick wall. You will never get it, so it is highly pointless to even waste time on you.

if you want to add in console players that way Warframe concurrent player count goes up by 4-5 times because they have to have close to same numbers as PC to justify the continued support of console servers

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Even Warframe isn't in top 10 on Xbox, not even sorting via free games. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-free/games/xbox

I dont think anyone has claimed it to be either. 

Consoles hold the least players in every port game, that is pretty damn common knowledge. Being generous WF probably has 14 million registered users on consoles out of the 50m+ that were announced. While around 18m of those were registered users on Steam. Gee wonder where the rest of those decided to register.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I am threw because by diliberatly editing out evidence contrary to your point you just proved your nothing more than a sad troll im threw waisting my time on you

You two can post screenshots too but you won't because the statics are easily proven to show a decline. it happens with every single warframe update since I've started again in September 2017. 

Warframe isn't going to die, that's not what I've ever said. Feel free to quote me on any post here on the WF fourms, on reddit or anywhere else I've ever said such a thing. Because I never have. the entire purpose of this topic is a update releases and quickly loses player interest. That is all it is. But the second anyone proves the point it's "Nah fam, they are just not playing it on Steam is all. that's all" 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

if you want to add in console players that way Warframe concurrent player count goes up by 4-5 times because they have to have close to same numbers as PC to justify the continued support of console servers

At the moment I'd expect something like.

45k on steam, 45-50k on rest of PC and around 50k split over the consoles as concurrent players. 3-4 million total active acounts on PC and somewhere between 2-3m on console. Putting the game somewhere at between 10-15% player retention rate, which is fairly normal.

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

You two can post screenshots too but you won't because the statics are easily proven to show a decline. it happens with every single warframe update since I've started again in September 2017. 

Warframe isn't going to die, that's not what I've ever said. Feel free to quote me on any post here on the WF fourms, on reddit or anywhere else I've ever said such a thing. Because I never have. the entire purpose of this topic is a update releases and quickly loses player interest. That is all it is. But the second anyone proves the point it's "Nah fam, they are just not playing it on Steam is all. that's all" 

I'm not arguing the decline. I'm simply pointing out Steam is not an all exclusive launcher platform for WF as i is for Destiny 2.

Any ape with half a working braincell can see a decline. The concurrent numbers however tell that the game is still doing very well.

I saw the update as a massive improvement to hundreds of weapons and how they feel.
Been on here since 2014, and I've been waiting for some of these changes the entire time.
It really shook up the formula and experience for many, and that much is obvious.

Melee weapons just got vastly better for nearly everything in the star chart.
That's the core of the game play for the average user. This is a plus.

At the root of the problem is not how multiplicative the damage is, but the enemy health scaling that requires it.
With the new system in place, they have a foundation where they can launch a better design to enemy health.

We're in a strange spot to say,
"Having a handful of weapons that did millions of damage,
and over a hundred that were so totally unusable and forgettable..
was a better thing."

That is a side effect of how poorly the enemy scales, which has ballooned out into it's own mechanic.
Banging math into math = difficulty in this case.

With a better base pool of melees, having tighter controls, and a more universal way to scale the damage,
UP TO a different top end, makes sense with enemies not scaling so outrageously.

When the enemy health is reworked, the melee changes work.
I will be here to see if they come through with that.
If they do, our game will be vastly more enjoyable.

No need to go into the millions of damage, if the kills feel the same as 1k one shot, 10k one shot, 100k one shot.. 1mil one shot..
So stopping that bubble now is better than never.

We have had 16 master ranks worth of plastic cutlery before, and that changing is not a bad thing.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not arguing the decline. I'm simply pointing out Steam is not an all exclusive launcher platform for WF as i is for Destiny 2.

My question is why are you so concerned about Destiny's numbers when this topic isn't even about it at all. 

• Like 2

Citation needed. 

I'm not going to post you a link to reddit yet another time when it has already been done so in several several threads previously which you seem to ignore every time. Maybe you just lack longterm memory, otherwise you'd know we've been down this road before. So if you wanna find it, go dig it up on reddit yourself this time.

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

My question is why are you so concerned about Destiny's numbers when this topic isn't even about it at all. 

I'm not concerned, I'm symply answering with a connection to Destiny since it was brought up in this thread earlier as a comparison followed by doom and gloom for WF and praise for Destiny 2 even though they share nearly the exact same concurrent numbers on PC atm. 

edit: Saying one is doing well and the other is doing poorly when the numbers are nearly identical is just poor double standards.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Il y a 18 heures, Emolition a dit :

Yeah I never gonna put warframe on steam for I don't like to have to rely on being able to login on 3rd party to be able to play. So I'm sticking to the stand alone for warframe.

Basically this, i only use steam when i want to get a tennogen skin and uninstall it right after.

40 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Kinda weird how Destiny 2 has 2-3 times the players of Warframe at any one moment then eh? Or are your thoughts just subjective, not objective?

Not really... It's called Marketing.

Destiny will always have more players than Warframe even though Warframe is older.

Bungie is a storied company with one of the most famous gaming franchises attributed to it, marketed Destiny for years before the game released, and then used well known actors to provide voices while promoting itself in just about every way possible.

Not to mention the fact that Bungie has roped players into paying something if they want to experience the whole game. Which means people who do play are now invested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Any ape with half a working braincell can see a decline. The concurrent numbers however tell that the game is still doing very well.

The concurrent numbers are going down across all platforms you can use steam as a ref. The decline is never good and if a game has months where is steadily losing Players then the game is doing far from well. I'm not saying wf  is dying  but it's in a bad state rn  across the board. Console 2 updates behind. Buggy old blood. Etc  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Destiny will always have more players than Warframe even though Warframe is older.

Bungie is a storied company with one of the most famous gaming franchises attributed to it, marketed Destiny for years before the game released, and then used well known actors to provide voices while promoting itself in just about every way possible.

Not to mention the fact that Bungie has roped players into paying something if they want to experience the whole game. Which means people who do play are now invested.

Idky people hate expansion base games like  WOW ESO DCUO and other games are much worse 

7 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I've posted pictures of DE advertising Warframe on Time's Squares biggest billboards. Saying it's just because of marketing is verifiable false. Destiny 1 and 2 were made fun of at their launches. It wasn't until Forsaken the gaming community at large thought Destiny 2 became good.

As for Destiny 1 it seems to be the last expansion the Taken King were the game really hit stride. 

Edited by Fire2box

I've posted pictures of DE advertising Warframe on Time's Squares biggest billboards. Saying it's just because of marketing is verifiable false. 

Actually it isn't...Because Destiny has been marketing since the game released through all media channels.

DE advertised Warframe on a billboard last year.

You are also comparing the impact of Prime Time TV spots on major broadcast networks to a Time's Square billboard...Congratulations.

• Like 1