Jump to content
(PS4)SolarPhantom82

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not really... It's called Marketing.

Destiny will always have more players than Warframe even though Warframe is older.

Bungie is a storied company with one of the most famous gaming franchises attributed to it, marketed Destiny for years before the game released, and then used well known actors to provide voices while promoting itself in just about every way possible.

Not to mention the fact that Bungie has roped players into paying something if they want to experience the whole game. Which means people who do play are now invested.

Idky people hate expansion base games like  WOW ESO DCUO and other games are much worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

Despite the obvious fact they don't. 

unknown.png

 

unknown.png

This is some real gold, I'm gonna make this my phone and PC background

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not really... It's called Marketing.

Destiny will always have more players than Warframe even though Warframe is older.

Bungie is a storied company with one of the most famous gaming franchises attributed to it, marketed Destiny for years before the game released, and then used well known actors to provide voices while promoting itself in just about every way possible.

Not to mention the fact that Bungie has roped players into paying something if they want to experience the whole game. Which means people who do play are now invested.

I've posted pictures of DE advertising Warframe on Time's Squares biggest billboards. Saying it's just because of marketing is verifiable false. Destiny 1 and 2 were made fun of at their launches. It wasn't until Forsaken the gaming community at large thought Destiny 2 became good.

As for Destiny 1 it seems to be the last expansion the Taken King were the game really hit stride. 

Edited by Fire2box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

I've posted pictures of DE advertising Warframe on Time's Squares biggest billboards. Saying it's just because of marketing is verifiable false. 

Actually it isn't...Because Destiny has been marketing since the game released through all media channels.

DE advertised Warframe on a billboard last year.

You are also comparing the impact of Prime Time TV spots on major broadcast networks to a Time's Square billboard...Congratulations.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fire2box said:

Despite the obvious fact they don't. 

Can you get any more dense really?

You are checking Steam vs Steam and completely ignoring the Standalone and Discord players.

Added up you'd get around 100k concurrent players for WF vs 120k for Destiny 2 atm.

Just as you'd get all time peaks at around 260k for WF and 292k for Destiny.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

Actually it isn't...Because Destiny has been marketing since the game released through all media channels.

DE advertised Warframe on a billboard last year.

You are also comparing the impact of Prime Time TV spots on major broadcast networks to a Time's Square billboard...Congratulations.

 

 

 

Okay so the solution to declining player base is simply put ad's on primetime TV? Do you really think it's just that simple? 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are checking Steam vs Steam and completely ignoring the Standalone and Discord players.

You can't even provide a single verifiable source on the player data from them. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think the big take-away is that we haven't have a content update as with the Plains and Fortuna for a while now; because of that folk are keeping with the other games like Borderlands 3 and whatever floats their boat. I mean we have the kuva weapons but the Liches themselves are just layers of rng on rng and no one is going to want to come back from a hiatus when there is no real reward to do so yet.

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Okay so the solution to declining player base is simply put ad's on primetime TV? Do you really think it's just that simple? 

Yes. It really is. It always has been. This counts for every product out there, real and virtual.  If you have the money to show your product in prime time channels you will gather massive people to try try out your product. That's why Superbowl commercial ads are among the most expensive ads to pay for in the world.

Destiny 1 was hyped A LOT before release as the most expensive game of its time.  That type of publicity is priceless. Everybody talked about this for months, I saw it mentioned on TV everywhere all the time.

Even No Man's Sky was hyped to hell. The devs had TV interviews on prime time shows and whatnot. And it's because of that hype did people stick around despite its disastrous launch to give it a second chance. And its devs thankfully took advantage of that. A non-hyped game would've died and never recovered.

The magnitude and timing of ads is indeed very very powerful.

  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MystMan said:

Even No Man's Sky was hyped to hell. The devs had TV interviews on prime time shows and whatnot. And it's because of that hype did people stick around despite its disastrous launch to give it a second chance. And its devs thankfully took advantage of that. A non-hyped game would've died and never recovered.

Good point here. People would try warframe and then discover it takes at least 3 days and 12 hours to build a frame, that they need to pay for a 4th warframe slot and a 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. DE's business model isn't just sustained on prime access and partial tennogen sales. It's also based on new players having to buy or get gifted the things they use to play the game itself. 

unknown.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Okay so the solution to declining player base is simply put ad's on primetime TV? Do you really think it's just that simple? 

There isn't a solution to a declining player base because it isn't declining any more so than any other 6 year old game would.

When Destiny's playerbase declined they made Destiny 2, for example, and marketed the heck out of it.

The better question, in my mind, regards why you are here...

Why are you here?

Why are you here instead of playing D2 right now?

If you are not entertained by Warframe, you can leave.

That would be a better use of your time than trolling the forums of a game you don't like spouting your speculations based on random statistics and logical fallacies is.

...Unless you aren't being entirely honest about your preferences of course.

  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are checking Steam vs Steam and completely ignoring the Standalone and Discord players.

Added up you'd get around 100k concurrent players for WF vs 120k for Destiny 2 atm.

Just as you'd get all time peaks at around 260k for WF and 292k for Destiny.

8 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

You can't even provide a single source on the player data from them. 

Destiny 2 is always superior

10.5k vs 962 atm, on TWITCH 

used to be reversed

WF had 5 digit viewers in dec 2018

now it barely hit 4

As with any online games, it will live or die by community health and I doubt it'll last more than a year, if D2 pulls off a good development cycle to prey on warframe players, it'll be even worse, the only thing missing on D2 is more endgame content and that's already been confirmed, yes sure you have to pay for the DLC, but thats it, 1-time buy and you have it forever, no PA BS and the cosmetics are insanely cheeper then most stuff in WF and the real fun part, no trading, so players can't scam one another.They also have a much stronger version of their "Nightwave" Story and actual useful items in-game and story keeps getting added

IIRC, Publishers rejected warframe due to their vision being unsustainable, but I can be wrong, this is just baseing off talking in group-chats and friends, etc.

 

But yeah, this update didn't help much, sure the Lich System is great and all, but its cuased too much issues to be enjoyed, let alone melee 3.0 and the Nerfs to both Ember/Vauban, etc. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Okay so the solution to declining player base is simply put ad's on primetime TV? Do you really think it's just that simple? 

Yes, it is. That's literally how marketing works.

Christmas is coming, right? So, throw a commercial in that showcases the game and the new big holiday update and, BOOM, instant downloads, re-downloads and players.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 19 Stunden schrieb Goodwill:

Might be a good thing. It's about time Warframe settles into a niche. Warframe has NEVER been a good game. It's never been completed and is often riddled with bugs or inconsistencies. Hopefully the new update is making people realize that. It's overpopularity is due to hype and rarely due to any sensible reasoning.

 

This could as well describe most AAA games nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

There isn't a solution to a declining player base because it isn't declining any more so than any other 6 year old game would.

When Destiny's playerbase declined they made Destiny 2, for example, and marketed the heck out of it.

The better question, in my mind, regards why you are here...

Why are you here?

Why are you here instead of playing D2 right now?

If you are not entertained by Warframe, you can leave.

That would be a better use of your time than trolling the forums of a game you don't like spouting your speculations based on random statistics and logical fallacies is.

...Unless you aren't being entirely honest about your preferences of course.

I'm playing Warframe more then I play Destiny 2. I have no idea what you're going on about. 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Fire2box/

unknown.png

Edited by Fire2box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Yes, it is. That's literally how marketing works.

Christmas is coming, right? So, throw a commercial in that showcases the game and the new big holiday update and, BOOM, instant downloads, re-downloads and players.

Ture, but with the rate that New War and Railjack is coming, this won't be the case this year, I mean its legit 3 weeks untill Dec and DE wanted New War out in Dec, so

MHMMMMMM

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ture, but with the rate that New War and Railjack is coming, this won't be the case this year, I mean its legit 3 weeks untill Dec and DE wanted New War out in Dec, so

MHMMMMMM

 

"This year." 

I'm 100% glad they do talk about what they are working on long term. But they are clearly far behind on anything close to story content. 

Edited by Fire2box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

I'm playing Warframe more then I play Destiny 2. I have no idea what you're going on about. 

I asked you a question... It's a very straightforward question too.

If you like Destiny 2 so much and you think it's a better game...Why, in the heck, are you here?

You have yet to answer it though and your steam play info doesn't answer it insomuch as deepen the question.

If you think D2 is a better game than Warframe (to you) then why are you here?

Why haven't you quietly left and logged into Destiny 2 instead?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I asked you a question... It's a very straightforward question too.

If you like Destiny 2 so much and you think it's a better game...Why, in the heck, are you here?

You have yet to answer it though and your steam play info doesn't answer it insomuch as deepen the question.

If you think D2 is a better game than Warframe (to you) then why are you here?

Why haven't you quietly left and logged into Destiny 2 instead?

I've proven I like Warframe a lot more. 3,000+ hours, MR 28, missing only 7 achivements (kdrive stuff mostly IIRC) and here you're trying to say I don't like Warframe. 

 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

35k players from 60k in a week. And the whole peak thing is only affected when that mean are logged on. And you see the peaks on the graph. they last a hour tops. 

I will do you one better: One day before patch we had 22k players. The day after we had 87k. We're sitting at 43k right now.

Cutting charts when it's convenient for your point is older than you or me, in any case, as I said before, I know most of you that keep complaining would be undoubtedly happy to see the game die because you would have then the upper ground and say "told DE this was a bad update but they didn't listen". But the data is super clear cut on this. We have more players now than we had before the patch, and that is how it is.

yFUFOAj.jpg

But I guess realizing how 20k Steam players are logging in to lich hunt while you're complaining that it is "too RNG", "too hard", "too stupid", "too difficult", "too easy", or outright "boring" does not fit your narrative. There are people that are enjoying the new patch, more than you want to even acknowledge. I know it's shocking for you, and a surprise, but I'd not be too quick to say "OH NOES WF IS DOOMED CUZ LICHES ARE TOO <insert adjective here>", because that is not the truth, period.

  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So of the ~60k players that popped in to check out the new patch that DE boasted was the biggest update of the year, 40k of them have left again within a week? That... really doesn't sound like a very positive patch reception to me. It's hard to really appraise stuff directly, either, since a lot of people take long breaks and have several new things to do when they come back for the "big" updates, even when those updates themselves tend to not be very fun.

I don't think warframe is doomed or anything, but this update really isn't very good. Or... really very big, despite the enormous claim; there's basically no new content actually added in this patch. It's a melee rework and a grind-recycling of existing content with some extra RNG steps to get new weapons from a new boss fight, but the overwhelming majority of that loop involves not interacting with said boss at all.

which still, indeed, might make it the biggest update of the year, since the year has been so thoroughly dead.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

I will do you one better: One day before patch we had 22k players. The day after we had 87k. We're sitting at 43k right now.

Cutting charts when it's convenient for your point is older than you or me, in any case, as I said before, I know most of you that keep complaining would be undoubtedly happy to see the game die because you would have then the upper ground and say "told DE this was a bad update but they didn't listen". But the data is super clear cut on this. We have more players now than we had before the patch, and that is how it is.

yFUFOAj.jpg

But I guess realizing how 20k Steam players are logging in to lich hunt while you're complaining that it is "too RNG", "too hard", "too stupid", "too difficult", "too easy", or outright "boring" does not fit your narrative. There are people that are enjoying the new patch, more than you want to even acknowledge. I know it's shocking for you, and a surprise, but I'd not be too quick to say "OH NOES WF IS DOOMED CUZ LICHES ARE TOO <insert adjective here>", because that is not the truth, period.

Updates = players coming back to WF. this is nothing new. Updates becoming boring for same players = them leaving again. Again nothing new. 

I think the Kuva lich system still needs work and DE seems to think that too but only time will tell. They fixed the whole random stat % roll and the community collectively found out how to roll specialized stats. so that's already taken care of. Megan on the video interview with Tactical Potato said they may add in lich trading between clan members (I hope extended to alliances myself so there's a reason for it meaning alliances and alliance chat to exists.)  

But anyways the entire point of this topic is the consistent albeit minor downtrend of players. Updates and the follow up surge of activity are the outliers, not the norm. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 29 Minuten schrieb HyperDiver:

I will do you one better: One day before patch we had 22k players. The day after we had 87k. We're sitting at 43k right now.

Cutting charts when it's convenient for your point is older than you or me, in any case, as I said before, I know most of you that keep complaining would be undoubtedly happy to see the game die because you would have then the upper ground and say "told DE this was a bad update but they didn't listen". But the data is super clear cut on this. We have more players now than we had before the patch, and that is how it is.

yFUFOAj.jpg

But I guess realizing how 20k Steam players are logging in to lich hunt while you're complaining that it is "too RNG", "too hard", "too stupid", "too difficult", "too easy", or outright "boring" does not fit your narrative. There are people that are enjoying the new patch, more than you want to even acknowledge. I know it's shocking for you, and a surprise, but I'd not be too quick to say "OH NOES WF IS DOOMED CUZ LICHES ARE TOO <insert adjective here>", because that is not the truth, period.

Dude you cannot be serious. You are comparing different days and different times. That looks nice but it is not meaningful. Even if the result would be the same that example is crappy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liches were ripped out of Empyrean (and rejigged/simplified) because Empyrean is being DElayed. Here's what they were going to be:

Spoiler

 

 

His appearance on-ground was meant to be in regular missions like other assassins. There was that whole thing about "connection". Instead the current setup is entirely disconnected, except at the point you're making a lich out of a larvling. The requiem system (and maybe the parazon) seems like something they threw together in a month after they decided to ship Liches separately as The Old Blood.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Updates = players coming back to WF. this is nothing new. Updates becoming boring for same players = them leaving again. Again nothing new. 

I think the Kuva lich system still needs work and DE seems to think that too but only time will tell. They fixed the whole random stat % roll and the community collectively found out how to roll specialized stats. so that's already taken care of. Megan on the video interview with Tactical Potato said they may add in lich trading between clan members (I hope extended to alliances myself so there's a reason for it meaning alliances and alliance chat to exists.)  

But anyways the entire point of this topic is the consistent albeit minor downtrend of players. Updates and the follow up surge of activity are the outliers, not the norm. 

By specialized rolls you mean energy types? Fusing the weapons together? Not criticizing (I love this update), just checking if there is a new way I'm not aware of that allows specific stat percentages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...