Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

Gerade eben schrieb Fire2box:

they are comparing pre update to post update, 100% fair IMHO. But it means nothing, every mainline update sees a uptick in player count and it almost always goes back down to the baseline of before. 

No it is not. The difference between 12:00 and 0:00 are nearly 10k players 😄.

This would be a better comparison (a normal sunday after and pre release, day average):

warframe.png

3 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

Meanwhile the post is literally titled "Warframe drops out of Steam's top 10 after releasing a big update".

And I just showed you how that is simply not true. Quoted from OP:

"Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play. This update didn’t bring players back. I’m worried this update did more harm then good..  "

And guess what? That's not true!

So you can say this post is about whatever. OP is literally lying, and you are defending a different thing that you think this post is about, while it's not.

If you have issues with OP, take them up with OP?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The Old Blood's major problems are the exact same as PoE's or the Sacrifice's - it's the core gameplay string of those updates, and nothing else, leading to repetitive, linear experiences that subsequently need to artificially inject grind to make up for the lack of replayability because the thing needed to be out now instead of offering alternate pathways, side content, or even a more well-integrated progression system.

I couldn't disagree more. 

You are right that every bit of content warframe has, is bound to become a repetitive and linear experience at some point, but that doesn't mean you can equate one content to another.

POE has repetitive content that takes place in an entirely different area, with different mission types, characters and quests.

If you claim that old blood's problem of being repetitive is equal to that, then it becomes false equivalence fallacy, because Old blood takes place in regular star chart missions that existed for eons with no additional twist, with the sole exception of a new enemy, that being the lich. 

There is a huge difference in grinding out the same star chart missions and an entirely new area with new enemies and elements.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

If you have issues with OP, take them up with OP?

You said "this post is about X", but there's nothing about X in the original post nor title. So either you are wrong, or he's wrong, take your pick.

Also, the better chart comparison does show growth as well  (10k), I didn't pick the time of the chart, I simply entered a date on steamcharts tool and used the first and the last data points. And still proves my point so whatever, my mistake for not realizing those specific hours/days could be misinterpreted as malice.

Yes Lich system can be so much more, and I hope it improves. But OP's stating a lie, and numbers show how it is a lie. 

5 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

You said "this post is about X", but there's nothing about X in the original post nor title. So either you are wrong, or he's wrong, take your pick

What does it matter?

Also, the better chart comparison does show growth as well  (10k), I didn't pick the time of the chart, I simply entered a date on steamcharts tool and used the first and the last data points. And still proves my point so whatever, my mistake for not realizing those specific hours/days could be misinterpreted as malice.

It's only back to the average it was back in early September 2019 (via Steamcharts). October saw a a fair bit of decline down to maybe 22k-35k players at a time. I don't know exactly the reason behind this decline I can only assume D2 and maybe BL3 had something to do with it. 

Yes Lich system can be so much more, and I hope it improves. But OP's stating a lie, and numbers show how it is a lie. 

Then talk to OP. Not me. But yeah let's all hope DE still improves lich system since it's still needing work. 

Edited by Fire2box

vor 13 Minuten schrieb HyperDiver:

You said "this post is about X", but there's nothing about X in the original post nor title. So either you are wrong, or he's wrong, take your pick.

Stop using wrong numbers to your argumentation advantage. It is not 10k. It is not even 8k. That means that after a big mainline update there were only 7819 people more playing in average on the sunday (10.11.2019) than before (27.10.2019). If i would interprete this including the fact the trend is declining and only 2 weeks past, i wouldn't call it so positive 😄

Only for comparison:

• The fortuna update increased the player count in steam for nearly 44k players even after one month!
  • Tennocon 2019 with updates increased it for 31k players after 2 weeks.
  • Chimera update 2018 increased it for 10k only after 4 days.

I think you can see, if there is real content released it has a sustainable effect on the player base.

Edited by tyreens

14 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

If you claim that old blood's problem of being repetitive is equal to that, then it becomes false equivalence fallacy, because Old blood takes place in regular star chart missions that existed for eons with no additional twist, with the sole exception of a new enemy, that being the lich. 

the issue isn't that it takes place in "regular" missions. (higher levels, new players won't even have a option to join.) it's that the sole purpose in them is kill as many thralls as quickly as you can to do the same thing in the next node. Then after or before you have to do relic runs to get the mods you need. 

Only the lich themselves are new content, everything else has literally been done before. 

Edited by Fire2box

15 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

It's about wanting Warframe to be BETTER. 

Right now, your "logic" for making Warframe better is roughly akin to telling your wife that your mistress is better looking... Dumb.

15 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

The fact you can't figure it out makes me wonder what your motive is or why you are simply unable to see it. 

This is also incorrect Tenno.

I see the point you are attempting, have dismissed it as specious, and opt to ask real questions instead...Because if it was truth you wouldn't have had to massage the numbers so much.

Constantly posting pictures of curated data.

Do we get a powerpoint presentation next too? Maybe an azure deck? 

Your motives are the only ones I question currently because you are actively choosing to be less than honest.

Ask you a direct question... You evade and dissemble away.

When I let you off the hook instead...You resort to insults.

You look weak Tenno.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Right now, your "logic" for making Warframe better is roughly akin to telling your wife that your mistress is better looking... Dumb.

There's been discussion after discussion, video after video of what players want in Warframe. There's a on going discussion right now of what someone wants new war to be vs what they expect we'll get. There's never been a shortage of ideas. 

This topic isn't about "How do we improve warframe" it's about declining player numbers. 

You want some simple ideas? 

DE hires more staff that way updates are more then just tennogen round _____ and DE made skins. Though they already have 300 staffers. 

Make the 3rd orb fight rather then ignoring it's existence. 

improve the lich system let us reroll lich weapons with kuva. Let us destroy the lich gun so it has to get a new one for one we might actually want. 

let us buy charges on empty lich mods for 5k kuva for one charge vs the current system of scrap them for Endo.

have kuva weapons go to rank 40 with 1,2 or 3 forma vs 5. 

give new players more starting slots as there's over 50 warframes in game now and literally over 300 weapons. Cut down the crafting times by at least some percentage. 

Cut forma crafting time in half. 

Make Khora easier to farm as right now she's far worse then Harrow systems IMHO. 

Put primed chamber in baro rotation. 

Let community vote on something to unvault. 

and yet you believe I want Warframe to die or something? LMAO. 

Edited by Fire2box

15 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

because most warframe players use steam over the warframe's stand alone launcher and it's a good indicator of where the crowd is heading even if it doesn't encompass the entire warframe community

It took me over a year to migrate to Steam, and only because of tennogen,which is the only benefit gameplay-wise as far as I'm concerned, otherwise I would remain with the stand alone launcher.

Edited by HolySeraphin

3 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

It took me over a year to migrate to Steam, and only because of tennogen,which is the only benefit gameplay-wise as far as I'm concerned, otherwise I would remain with the stand alone launcher.

Isn't your point here just people play on steam as it offers the better experience? 

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Don't start twisting people's words to try and fit your narrative. Something you have an incredibly bad habit of doing.

Their the one saying to went from stand alone launcher to steam because of tennogen. I never heard them say they deleted warframe off steam and no longer play steam's client. 

Edited by Fire2box

43 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I couldn't disagree more. 

You are right that every bit of content warframe has, is bound to become a repetitive and linear experience at some point, but that doesn't mean you can equate one content to another.

POE has repetitive content that takes place in an entirely different area, with different mission types, characters and quests.

There is a huge difference in grinding out the same star chart missions and an entirely new area with new enemies and elements.

The problem is the repetitive content, which is shared between them. You keep saying that you can't compare two different things because of difference - I'm afraid you can because differences are what comparisons are about. You can compare a PvE game to a PvP one if they share similar core systems or gameplay loops - such as both being action shooters. You can compare two things across genres as long as there's connecting threads, like combat or theming, for example comparing God of War 4 to God of War 3 because they're both action games (one being an Action RPG and the other being a pure action game), or comparing how Call of Duty and Saving Private Ryan depict World War II. And you can definitely compare two things from the same bloody game. You can, in fact, even compare apples and oranges! The saying is in respect to the fact neither is inherently better than the other, but there are definitely objective facts and elements that they share and diverge on to be compared.

PoE, especially at launch, offered extremely linear progression and artificially injected grind instead of a more holistic progression system like much of the rest of Warframe offers, and lacks much of the 'meat' that makes the experience it is trying to deliver truly shine. The Old Blood offered, and still does offer extremely linear progression and fails to provide the overall experience of a 'personalised enemy'. The fact that Plains, on release, was on a shiny new thing doesn't change the fact that it and the Old Blood have a problem in common, and that said problem was likely born from similar circumstances.

Edited by Loza03

Just now, Fire2box said:

Isn't your point here just people play on steam as it offers the better experience? 

If I don't want to spend real money on cosmetics that have no real effect on gameplay then I have no reason, at all, to use Steam over the official launcher. I get to play with the same players and the same game in the same server.

Edited by HolySeraphin

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

If I don't want to spend real money on cosmetics that have no real effect on gameplay then I have no reason, at all, to use Steam over the official launcher. I get to play with the same players and the same game in the same server.

So my question is, did you ever go back to the stand alone version? 

Edited by Fire2box

Just now, Fire2box said:

Their the one saying to went from stand alone launcher to steam because of tennogen. I never heard them say they deleted warframe off steam and no longer play steam's client. 

They also said if it wasn't for tennogen, they would stay with the standalone. But what does it matter, words are wasted on you. You are not having a discussion, you're pushing your narrow viewpoint and throwing a fit when someone doesn't agree with you.

Just now, Fire2box said:

So my question is, did you ever go back to the stand alone version? 

It literally doesn't matter. Why do you push so hard to find anything to make your view look right? It's pathetic.

30 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Nothing to see here. The guys who do 5 waves in Hydron can guarantee us that the changes made to the game are good and everything is better than before.

20pfsv.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Oi, when my weapons are leveled, they're leveled. Not everyone stays at hydron for a short time because it's too hard for them or whatever

• Like 1

For a whole year, all I feel is that DE is trying to nerf whatever I like to use and ruin everything valuable. As history suggests, the devs who try to FORCE players to do what they want can exhaust the life of a game so quickly. 
2300hrs in-game time and r28 veteran here, I feel very depressed and disappointed about this update.
The additive formula ruins all my melee rivens with cc and dmg and these rivens cost me thousand hrs to collect. The stance and stats changes ruin the best part of some of my favorite melees like gunblades and fists. The tedious lich system ruins my gaming experience by repeatedly spawning lich with the same weapon and some 20+% bonus  after one and another three or four hrs of collecting those murmurs. 
After all, DE won’t give a S#&$ to players like me and my friends who actually pay this game and it’s totally fine. Kind of stop playing warframe since last week when they spawn the 5th kuva seer for me. Now just the logining interface makes me feel disgusting and one sight into my rivens collection can make me so upset about what DE has done. If a company feel like their game owns too many players and want to kick out part of them through screening process , I won’t have a way to stop it. Feel like losing a burden actually when I stop my daily login and finally get myself some time to try destiny /borderland and so many fantastic games elsewhere.

Il y a 22 heures, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 a dit :

I’m worried this update did more harm then good..  

Actually they are collecting Debt-Bond over players , DE is most possibly controled by Profit-taker and Exploiter atm , let's wait until Vox solaris take back control

Forums : I love this game I want to see it succeed.

Also forums: If they don't listen to me they are doing it wrong and their game will completely fail cause I rather go to destiny 2 and be leveled up to 80 as soon as I login to see "new content" rather than playing this game. However I love this game but only when DE listens to my complaints which directly conflict with others complaints and since we are both complaining we should both be listened too, only then will demaketherightchoicebecauseotherwisethechoicestheymakearebadlikenerfingmeleesowedontoneshotlichesorscalingourdamagetonittrivializethenewcontenttheyreleaseinfactiwantthenewcontenttohavepowercreepsoitgateslowbiesoutmymissiomeventhowedonthaveatraditionallevelingsystemandhowdaretheyputformaonanythingiwantmynewweaponsnowiwantthemmasterednowsoicanfoallthecontentnowsoihavemoretimetoplaydestiny2

But I love Warframe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

To all you tenno that think art work isn't content, I dare you to say that to the artists faces, if you got the courage.

There's a difference between textures and cosmetics. Video games have been a thing where it's only text I've played some and enjoyed them.  

I'll happily state that tennogen isn't content despite owning a tennogen syndana.  

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1