Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

37 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This is the toxic part here, not their post.

They aren't wrong, if you take a critical eye to the fundamental design aspects of a game, Warframe isn't "good". It's balance is appalling, it's engine is outdated, mechanics and systems are forgotten, bugs are rampant etc.

It takes a lot of love to enjoy a game despite it's flaws, so why the toxic response to them telling them to go away? They're a fan just as the same as you are... or are they not the 'right sort of fan' or something? Because we don't need that here.

I disagree on the engine part at least. It got decent physics, very good visuals... Sure it's not as impressive as some triple A games out there, but calling it "outdated" is uncalled for IMO.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

There was nothing hateful in my post, please stop accusing people of this nonsense. It's getting silly.

Speaking of spreading lies... this is just patently false unless you've only played like, one other game.

DE are hardly small, 11 bit studios are small, Spider are small, Crate entertainment are small. 300 people is pretty good.

Frontier Developments, a company that have released multiple games in Warframes lifespan are only 422.

This is all rather meaningless.

You can't say they've never said anything positive. Have you checked every post they've ever made?

You're really confirming the thing I questioned, you don't view them as the "right" sort of fan, so you hate them and tell them to leave. That's pretty sketchy.

Dude the statement "warframe" has never been a good game" means they are not fans...if the game was never good how do you become a fan?
THIS is how i could believe it: "was a nice game from the start, but many things have changed in a way i don't like or are still bugged since then"

And i play so many games, none of them was more stable, none of them had the movement and swiftness like warframe...
non of them were as aesthetic as warframe is to me...

Show me your perfect games that are all "better" than warframe!!!

P.S. As i said it with CHARTS, its for the masses who got no .. i mean different taste ..!!!

Warframe is like the Black Metal in the Music industry, its awesome, its true and it is mostly loved by those who are truly dark in their hearts ❤️

black metal GIF

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vyra said:

What?

Warframe has some issues, just like all games have.. but saying it has never been a good game is going to far...
Ive played all the "Top" games on steam and they are nothing like warframe...infact i still play warframe and not the other games.. soooo...

Im not sure why you people try to destroy warframe with your toxic comments...
If you don't like Warframe then go and leave us alone...

Did you see me posting in your favorite games forums because i really don't like them ??? no... because i do not do that...

mistress of the dark 80s GIF

I think you missed the point of what I mean by niche. To compare, Warframe is like Michael Bay's Transformer films. Not particular great, and a bit juvenile and immature but they have explosions and big stompy robots. So if that's your thing, you may enjoy it despite its shortcomings. That is what Warframe is for me. Warframe is inconsistent, incomplete, messy, etc... But it's awesome because Warframe has things no other games have, namely: space ninjas, space wizards, space musicians, and soon to be space pirates. 

Does that make it a good game? I personally don't think so. Can it still be a fun game you sink hundreds of hours into? Sure. Now, if the day ever comes where DE is finally happy that they have everything in place, that they have introduced all of the mechanics they want for Warframe and start cleaning up progression, then I may be happy to say Warframe is a "good" game. But I'm not going to call something that is still essentially in beta a "good" game, just merely incomplete.

Edited by Goodwill

2 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I think you missed the point of what I mean by niche. To compare, Warframe is like Michael Bay's Transformer films. Not particular great, and a bit juvenile and immature. But they have explosions and big stompy robots. So if that's your thing, you may enjoy it despite its shortcomings. That is what Warframe is for me. Warframe is inconsistent, incomplete, messy, etc... But it's awesome because Warframe has things no other games have. Space ninjas, space wizards, space musicians, and soon to be space pirates. 

Does that make it a good game? I personally don't think so. Can it still be a fun game you sink hundreds of hours into? Sure. Now, if the day ever comes where DE is finally happy that they have everything in place, that they have introduced all of the mechanics they want for Warframe and start cleaning up progression, then I may be happy to say Warframe is a "good" game. But I'm not going to call something that is still essentially in beta a "good" game, just merely incomplete.

A Good game is where i can have fun, where i feel at home when i dive into the universe!
A technical good game is something different in question, but no game so far is technically perfect... infact warframe is literally the only game running stable on my Rig.

And about content, the only real problem i have is grind combined with RNG the pets not controllable and amorscaling combined with being 1shot .

I also am excited to see more open world, (more) Space GTA and improved AI.

The rest seems to be perfect or i don't remember if it bothered me...

And that said, none of the TOP 10 or AAA games has ever delivered that to me.

ddk8ny4-7013f837-eba5-4de0-906a-3588cb3e

there are 2 games i like in those top 10, GTA and Warframe

And the rest can not even be compared with warframe anyway... so this entire Topic is just irrelevant...
Most of the games are either completely different, have PvP or are boring just like PUGB  .. in general i dislike PvP games anyway...

NONE of them can be compared with warframe...they do not even come close...because they are so different...

• Like 1

The majority of people in this forum are sharing opinions that for the most part are not backed by any factual evidence. Everybody is just making up a whole bunch of theories that they're putting off as fact like the one about the game being run by a bunch of weebs or how destiny 2 is apparently stealing all of warframes players. From what I have gathered, all we really know is that the update pissed off a significant amount of the Warframe player base and that much of the player base on Steam is gone. Personally I think that it could be due to other games just seeming more appealing because of the disappointing update, but no one can really say for sure. People quit playing games for a lot of reasons.

On 2019-11-11 at 9:22 AM, GrimSinner said:

it is more than triple the player base of warframe now.

Actually, no. Warframe's playerbase is not described in Steam Charts. Warframe's actual player size is around 300k-500k, because there are more players using the standalone launcher than there are steam-users as well as Xbox, PS4, NS.

Warframe has over 50 million registered users (as per Reb's interview). If 1% of these players are online and active, that's over 500k players, which is well over destiny

Edited by Aadi880

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Actually, no. Warframe's playerbase is not described in Steam Charts. Warframe's actual player size is around 300k-500k, because there are more players using the standalone launcher than there are steam-users as well as Xbox, PS4, NS.

Warframe has over 50 million registered users (as per Reb's interview). If 1% of these players are online and active, that's over 500k players, which is well over destiny

So youre just pulling numbers from nowhere while steam charts with actual numbers is meaningless? wow

• Like 2

Just now, Aadi880 said:

Warframe has over 50 million registered users. If 1% of these players are online and active, that's over 500k players, which is well over destiny

You're not factoring in Destiny's console players.

Destiny has always been primarily a "console" game, originally launched first on consoles, and known to have a larger player base on those platforms.

Not sure if there's a way to see those numbers, but if I had to guess they have a lot more players on consoles than they do on PC. Warframe is the reverse. Last I checked, all the combine console users didn't even made 50% of the total Warframe player base. Which makes sense, since Warframe has always been primarily a PC game.

Just now, --DSP--Jetstream said:

So youre just pulling numbers from nowhere while steam charts with actual numbers is meaningless? wow

These number's aren't from nowhere. Its been confirmed by literally everyone because its been news for sometime when it hit that number. Just look it up yourself if you think I'm lying. It will be your first search result.

And, yes, steam chart numbers on their own are meaningless, because the player count there only represent the numbers of steam users, and does not include those in the standalone PC, Xbox, PS4, NS.

I'm not saying that warframe player count has not fallen, but saying Destiny player count is over warframe ONLY using steam charts is not fair for either candidates, because both games have multiple platforms

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

These number's aren't from nowhere. Its been confirmed by literally everyone because its been news for sometime when it hit that number. Just look it up yourself if you think I'm lying. It will be your first search result.

Either you provide hard data or dont

Dont pull a "confirmed by everyone sometime somewhere". Post it here then, everyone on the thread who speak number can post source why cant you.

Hello thread! 

I might have missed the memo but as a player of Warframe, is there a reason I should care a whole lot on how many players Desitny 2 has? I get that it might be a bit relevant to follow trends in the Warframe population related to other game releases OVER TIME and what not but why this obsession about if Destiny 2 has more or less players than Warframe?

If you like Destiny 2, play that. If you like Warframe, play that. If you like both…. Play both? If you base your game of choice on wether or not it's in place 5 or 9 on some Steam chart a given week then, I dunno, your basis for selecting a game to play is different than mine at least :) 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Either you provide hard data or dont

Dont pull a "confirmed by everyone sometime somewhere". Post it here then, everyone on the thread who speak number can post source why cant you.

You are living under a rock it seems:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/warframe-anniversary-50-million-players

This was in warframe's 6th anniversary. I've stated in my previous post that I'm basing 500k active players assuming if 1% of these registered players are online.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That doesn't change the fact that they share design elements that cause them to become repetitive much faster, since fewer experientially different paths through each activity means you'll be experiencing each thing more often. 

Just because we had a fresh start in the cycle on PoE doesn't mean all those linear game design choices that make it worse weren't still there.

That is like saying you and a 6 month infant are basically the same because eventually the infant will get to your age.

11 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

That is like saying you and a 6 month infant are basically the same because eventually the infant will get to your age.

No, it's like saying that a 6 month old infant and a 20 year old person who are both missing an arm... are both missing an arm. Different things, yes, but both lacking in the same way, and are probably going to run into similar problems caused by that sooner or later.

(and no, I'm not, it's also metaphorical)

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No, it's like saying that a 6 month old infant and a 20 year old person who are both missing an arm... are both missing an arm. Different things, yes, but both lacking in the same way, and are probably going to run into similar problems caused by that sooner or later.

(and no, I'm not, it's also metaphorical)

No you are not saying that. Being repetitive is the result of doing something over and over again. Missing an arm doesn't not apply as the same metaphor.

POE, when it just came out, can't be repetivive by the virtue of being new. Going through the entire content takes time.

That is not the case with Kuva lich, because you've gone through the content(regular star chart missions albeit with higher difficulty) a million times already. So it was repetitve the instant it came out. There lies the difference.

1 hour ago, Vyra said:

there are 2 games i like in those top 10, GTA and Warframe

And the rest can not even be compared with warframe anyway... so this entire Topic is just irrelevant...
Most of the games are either completely different, have PvP or are boring just like PUGB  .. in general i dislike PvP games anyway...

NONE of them can be compared with warframe...they do not even come close...because they are so different...

It's important to note that your stance is informed by your opinion and that there are as many of each of those as there are people posting in this forum.

Some of the Tenno posting in this thread are frustrated and want to see changes that will improve the game.

Some are trolling.

Some are just wheedling for concessions as per the Book of Sterling (If you whine loudly enough, long enough, the devs will give you something just to shut you up). /s

Some are the same degree of engaged fan that you are.

...That's never a good mix.

Just now, Ephemiel said:

Then tell us how gigantic Warframe's numbers are outside of Steam, come on now.

No one has to to assert that your cited charts don't tell the whole story bud.

...That's rather the point.

If even one person can log-in via a route other than Steam your chart is incorrect...Because if 1 can then 1000 can as well.

A destiny vet here, this is the reality all the good things that happen in destiny are outside of the game, things like the game have cross save, move to steam, go "F2P", split from activision, a lot of blueberries jump to the boat, then in game, bungie is making good activision, the number of mtx is increasing like never before, the loot is in min, and is starting to suffer the warframe experience reskin and reutilized the same thing until the extenuation,and at the same time feel like all with the chore resets you are playing like the 25% of the game and having fun with the 10% since forsaken, we have forges grind over grind, boring, we have gambit prime, a inferior version of gambit that the majority of the people hate because is so repetitive and unbalance, quest for weapons that we had in d1 but at the price of other 60 bucks more, more books of lore, that at this point i don´t know if the same guy that write the books play the game, because everytime looks like it´s writing about a different game, and jokes about the storytelling and the short lore of warframe, destiny story is a trailer at this point, Menagerie and zero hour content created for the studios of activision (in fact things like the gunplay in pc, because in ps4 is horrible, the pc port, big part of forsaken, whisper... that are the things that people like it about destiny are thing not produced for bungie) now we have the reskin moon, with the reskin loot, enemies, and game modes like vex offensive that is even worst that defection, and a escalation protocol 2.0 but again worst (again without the help of activision, na de na) Nerfs every week, mediocre new weapons....

And can follow but the real point here is, DE is not doing the things better, and this is the real thing because warframe drop, if warframe will be in a good state they will have big numbers. In fact if DE release railajck now and it´s good, the base of destiny maybe fall in a 5%, more or less, yeah surely there is new warframe players enjoying destiny, but in general i don´t think for experience that too much, and the same way people moving from destiny to warframe, yeah surely like me in the past, but again a little%, are two different games, despite that share the same category.

So yeah the influence of destiny in warframe, and warframe in destiny, it´s only the playerbase that want be like the big guy. Honestly DE not need put the focus in that,  the opposite, now it´s following all the old trends of the worst AAA, hyped content, total dependency of big updates vs progresive content that step a step improve and expand the game, unrealistic grind to force you to play between the gaps...

The reality it´s both games if it´s follow the same path gonna have hard times, in fact we are in that point in warframe, so DE the most frustating part is they know the answer, create content, give the people what they want, decrease the grind and etc but just they don´t want. 

So yeah, sorry for my english, and less care about number of X game, and more about what is #*!%ing wrong in warframe. 

Edited by (PS4)robi191291
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

No one has to to assert that your cited charts don't tell the whole story bud.

...That's rather the point.

If even one person can log-in via a route other than Steam your chart is incorrect...Because if 1 can then 1000 can as well.

So you have no proof of what you're saying other than "THE STEAM CHARTS ARE WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

True DE drones indeed. It's getting pathetic at this point how desperate you all are to say everything that discredits Warframe is wrong.

Edited by Ephemiel