Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

You know what I learned to myself after playing online games for quite some time?

Popularity does not translate in quality. And vice versa.

Probably the most refined proof of that I got when I finally gave up hearing from every corner what a great game Destiny 2 was, spent full price on it, and after playing through the 'story' mode and some 'end game' of it realized what a glorified trash bin I was lured into.

Increase of popularity can be made through a lot of levers. Mostly money, but not only it. While DE seems to know how to make the closest thing to a perfect game quite right, they time after time fail to promote it competently. Instead the only thing the game managed to achieve is to shift from a niche project no one really knew of to an eventually remembered project.

I tend to believe that what we see is a direct consequence of that. The wave of people who came to the game maybe somewhere around The War Within or Plains of Eidolon now hit the ceiling of being a 'salty vet' and is gradually leaving.

Well, some questionable set of priorities from DE in terms of content updates doesn't help either.

• Like 15

I'll say it's nothing and better for the game if those doom sayers leave. It's always like this all the time.

- DE made it one and done so no excessive grind to get new gears : Content drought, DE should give sustainable content

- What kind of sustainable content you guys want? Never an answer, just "DE should make sustainable content" but never specify what kind of content

- DE make one based on other games' sustainable content : "This is not fun DE, it's not sustainable content" when every sustainable content is basically this

If any of you people start saying destiny 2 has better sustainable content and grind, I'll say funny you say that because grind in destiny is worse. As an example, blast furnace from black armory has 1,440 possible combination on perks where there are only a few combinations you see as good so it's 1 : 1,440 chance to get it. So in theory, you will run the same mission 1,440 times for a chance to get it, not guaranteed for an old weapon you saw before, except it's black and red.

That's just one weapon to start, there are at least 600 weapons which are reskins of each other unless you're that hyped to get a legendary let's say scathelocke which is a reskin of a basic/common rifle called pariah and made as legendary. Not to mention the random chance to drop and random set of perks.

* DE made it as a casual grinding game : DE should think about their veteran and endgame players.

* DE made some tough and hard hitting enemies : The enemies are unfair and broken, think about casual and new players, they can't do anything about it

* DE nerf them, another complain the game is too easy. Repeat.

> DE try to polish content : Where new content, DE?

> DE release it early because the demand is getting too big : It's buggy, DE should take time to polish it

This kind of circle? Better not being popular than having to cater to everyone who never get satisfied

• Like 29

Don't think anything has to do with Destiny. I still wont play it. Just don't want to put the hours I have in this game into another unless I get paid to do so. lol

Warframe players have a mentality of God like, Never being able to lose a mission, and nothing should be a challenge. DE is trying to cater to Veteran players by harder Lich enemies, riven changes, and melee nerfs. If we as a community cannot face a good challenge, our glory to End Game is Done for.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

I first played Destiny 2 for a while after I got it for free last year. It was fun for a while. But the absurd quest chains to get certain weapons ended up driving me right back to Warframe. But since the Kuva Lich grind makes Destiny's quests look perfectly reasonable, and way more of Destiny has become free, I am not surprised plenty of people are going that way. I'm definitely going to be playing more Destiny than Warframe for a while.

Not to mention, Destiny actually feels like a proper game, and not just a chaotic mess of bugs and half finished experiments like Warframe.

• Like 11

Just now, Teljaxx said:

I first played Destiny 2 for a while after I got it for free last year. It was fun for a while. But the absurd quest chains to get certain weapons ended up driving me right back to Warframe. But since the Kuva Lich grind makes Destiny's quests look perfectly reasonable, and way more of Destiny has become free, I am not surprised plenty of people are going that way. I'm definitely going to be playing more Destiny than Warframe for a while.

Not to mention, Destiny actually feels like a proper game, and not just a chaotic mess of bugs and half finished experiments like Warframe.

Because there's hardly any experiment in destiny, only reskinned missions for reskinned weapons and you haven't seen those bugs like Prometheus lens or arc class bug

• Like 2

I respect DE more after this update. They're starting to bring the power level of the players to the point where choices actually matter instead of playing OnePunchFrame. Things can actually kill you, you get to pick the weapon you want to bring to the fight, and the missions for Grendel were actually, thankfully, hard. 

They're cleaning up after months of letting things go, and I hope they proceed in this direction and making Warframe a real game again, with risks, tension (and I'm not talking about rolling my face on my keyboard for 4 hours till the level is high enough), and enemies that aren't just paper men severing themselves in half walking through my blades.

I just wish they waited to have many more personalities before releasing the Liches. It's pretty much just 2 possible types. If we're emulating a certain other game with recurring nemeses, let's actually live up to it.

Edited by Anarbitrio
  • Like 5

It may have something to do with the new Steam interface. I know a lot of people try to actively avoid it if possible as it is very resource-intensive and really awkward. If there is an easy way to launch a game bypassing Steam using a direct shortcut, I'm sure lots of people do that. This may explain the drop, which may be completely unrelated to Destiny, update or whatever you might be thinking.

Indeed, new Steam interface is awful and you cannot tweak it yet to a normal state. I still run it in the background in no browser mode unless I want to buy something. But you can do that through website, there is not need to run the full client. They'll probably fix it sometimes in the future.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb krimit:

set the zenistar 45 seconds please again de.   i warned this would happen i made a cryptic post about a year ago when they killed the raids i said that it would only have a negative long lasting overall effect that would slowly bleed the community. fast forward a year later now with no new significant updates rail jack pushed back indefinitely no community no large team events to build and bring people together. no exclusive weapon no hard to farm items no valuable arcanes no item of worth to farm period just "new" account bound weapons some fringe players will get excited for behind weeks of grind "yay".  just death and despair gg de. 

i havent followed patch notes, im on ps4. zeni is on of my fav weapons. how long is duration now?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Emolition:

To me warframe is atm way better then Destiny 2 until D2 let new players level up by themself. D2 ruined the game for me by removing the 1 thing I like in games leveling up.

what are you talking about?  have u ever played destiny? i have  6000 hours in d1 and d2 combined and i have no clue what u re talking about. u mean player level or lightlevel? everyone is starting at 750 whats wrong with that?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

i havent followed patch notes, im on ps4. zeni is on of my fav weapons. how long is duration now?

Depends on the combo counter when you launch it.

At base, I think its 10s if the counter is at 0.

IIRC, when I send it with a counter of 8x, I had 85s? I'm not sure from the top of my head. But you have to tweak your builds a bit if you want to use that disk. Quickening (+40% Attack Speed +20% Extra Combo Counter chance) and P.Reach and Spring-Loaded Blade (+1m Reach for each Stats afflicted for 24s, with a max of 2m) and Combo Counter Duration. Its no longer fire and forget, I can tell you that much.

Edit: Well, Spring Loaded blade is not NEEDED, but it makes the size of the fire ring be a little ridiculously big. And bigger is better :clem:

Edited by Kaotyke

Gerade eben schrieb Kaotyke:

Depends on the combo counter when you launch it.

At base, I think its 10s if the counter is at 0.

IIRC, when I send it with a counter of 8x, I had 85s? I'm not sure from the top of my head. But you have to tweak your builds a bit if you want to use that disk. Quickening (+40% Attack Speed +20% Extra Combo Counter chance) and P.Reach and Spring-Loaded Blade (+1m Reach for each Stats afflicted for 24s, with a max of 2m) and Combo Counter Duration. Its no longer fire and forget, I can tell you that much.

Fire and forget, cover some angle for me... wasnt that the unique thing about it. did they say why they did it... is there a good reason for it. Nobody ever complained about zenistar. It wasnt OP, it is just a good tool.

• Like 1

The sample size of the data given from steam is big enough to predict the trend even if there are players who play the game with discord/launcher. And if you look at the data for the year 2019 the overall active playerbase is declining and this update will make it worse.

Edited by tyreens
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Yea prob one of the reasons is due to the ugly new interface,and given how warframe has its own launcher,people can just move there if they get fed up with steam...

There is certainly some of this going on. The steam client has gotten inordinately bloated. I really notice a difference in how it behaves. I'm on the standalone launcher about half the time myself and will prolly switch over completely soon.

2 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

This updated pissed off a lot of players, plain and simple. 

Only thing that irked me and people told me to relax that it will be fixed was the covert lethality nerfed to oblivion. I can't stealth kill targets during fights like a nox as easily anymore preventing them from harming the team.

Back to 10th place as of this very moment via steam charts but yeah. either people have farmed what they wanted off lich or burnt out on the process.

I for example have reached MR28 and Dubba Stubba was one of my first 3. There's like 5-7 other kuva weapons I don't have at all but they aren't going to offer anything drastic gameplay wise that's fun. So why grind lich over and over with super diminishing returns. Every new kuva weapon we get is another chance to obtain it again. It's not worth anyone's time and the ones who somehow absent mindlessly enjoy the hunt for the final kuva weapons can justifiably be scientifically proven of wasting their time. As DE will have to change the system or have it be forever damned like PVP and Lunaro. 

Edited by Fire2box

3 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

The lack of community information regarding TNW and Rail further help push veterans out the door. A month ago it was “destiny 2 will fall off, give it a month. While the game doesn’t average 180+ like at launch, it is more than triple the player base of warframe now.

This is very accurate.  I had to change clans because my previous Warframe clan switched over to Destiny 2.  They still had a token Warframe section on discord, but it was crickets in there.  General chat was all about Destiny 2 and none of them cared about Warframe anymore. 

I like Warframe, I hope DE delivers on the promises they have made.  

3 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Sorry, but why are you still here if it's never been a good game?

why do people play impossible games? those are not good games either. Just because a game is bad, does not mean it is not fun. The problem is they are treating it like a job where they "Have to get these trash weapons." instead "I have an excuse to just play with my friends a bunch and do stupid S#&$ like playing Vauban and vortexing enemies to the ceiling as I fight this lich"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

I gotta agree with this one. Those 3 updates will decide Warframe's future. They have built a lot of hype so far. Can they live up to expectation or will they fail spectacularly? Time will tell.

For me, the hype instantly died down when they announced a 3 part split for Update:Empyrean. I was here for The War Within containing Lunaro, Specters of the Rail, and a long wait for the actual update. I don't personally get too hyped anymore, and The Old Blood gives me a good vision how the rest of the year will pan out.

It did? I still see it listed on my screen within the top 10:

337,944 591,349   Dota 2
221,235 629,632   Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
170,665 562,852   PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
113,607 158,722   Destiny 2
51,726 103,244   Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
50,759 64,560   Team Fortress 2
42,464 116,449   Grand Theft Auto V
37,030 71,544   Rust
34,386 61,377   Warframe
31,780 59,421   Rocket League

Or am I looking at the wrong thing? Totally possible as I often tend to find myself in the wrong place. XD

Just now, IntheCoconut said:

It did? I still see it listed on my screen within the top 10:

337,944 591,349   Dota 2
221,235 629,632   Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
170,665 562,852   PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
113,607 158,722   Destiny 2
51,726 103,244   Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
50,759 64,560   Team Fortress 2
42,464 116,449   Grand Theft Auto V
37,030 71,544   Rust
34,386 61,377   Warframe
31,780 59,421   Rocket League

Or am I looking at the wrong thing? Totally possible as I often tend to find myself in the wrong place. XD

He meant it was fluctuating, probably depends on the time of the week like more kids who currently go to school play warframe unlike some of the other games