Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

21 hours ago, 844448 said:

An hour of rushing by spamming bullet jump or not? Story content in destiny takes longer because you can't even use your sparrow to close the distance, not to mention your character's sluggish movement and disabled respawn as the challenge. Also, you didn't answer if you will pay if The New War is a paid content or not

The Second Dream? The War Within? What do we really get from forsaken? They have to kill the mascot to make an impact and what do we really get from shadowkeep? Keep running back to that one place over and over and make new gears because that's what quality story for you, right?

second dream wasn't too great tbh. for me war within war more impactful since it allowed operators to move. sacrifice was boring in my opinion. 

anyone who's played the game since POE and earlier can clearly see DE's been slowly spiraling into caring more about money and "unique daily player" statistics rather than the players themselves. People thought POE was an unacceptable grind, and thought the quills progression was too dependent on osteron progression. Then fortuna came out and you physically couldn't rank up with vox solaris past a cirtain point until you hit MAX reputation with solaris united and grinded the absolute #*!% out of what were suppose to be story missions but you had to repeat 50+ times to get what you needed out of them. Plus the kdrives which were just a nightmare. Every emblem they've released since they removed the raids had been a flat 2d image which, untill the last 2 (and the animal preservation ones), were all just flat white, when some small simple 3d ones to replace the now unobtainable raid cosmetics wouldn't really be that difficult to produce, and they continue to dump pointless uninteresting sigils as "rewards" that no one will use because previous ones had unique animations that were actually interesting. you can track how much more DE is trying to push more money thought the twitch deals with each new one they do. sanctuary onslaught is a grindy nightmare. iv probably sunk 100+ hours into elite and STILL don't have ether of the vandal weapons from it, going to zone 8 every single time even when my entire team bails out after zone 2-3.

Then there's nightwave...........

nightwave

Undeniably broke a good chunk of the playerbase, and its not hard to see why. Half the active member of my clan outright quit because of it.

The announcement that they're not going to make any fun and unique quests for new warframes anymore. pretty much my favorite parts of the game were those. and instead replace it with this weird low effort lore dump museum with a box that eats your credits for no reason. really #*!%in bummed me out.

Now the update with the kuva litch stuff. Completely shifted the mele meta to the point where all status meles are effectively worthless now, and their repperations to the playerbase were 3 free forma and one catalyst when many players likely put 4-5 forma and a catalyst on several weapons that relied on status and are now useless. On top of the 13 new weapons locked behind a trippel layer of rng, with an extra layer of rng to how much damage any individual weapon does, each of which need 5 forma individually to pull all the available mastery out of them (one of which is an archgun yay). with a password you have to brute force and cherry on top every time you fail you get one shot killed just because. its clear this system was meant to pull as much playtime out of players as they could possibly manage. and lets not forget they want this system for corpus and infested too, and have them involved in railjack to who knows what extent. speaking of raijack, while i personally didn't mind the overall material grind of the ship itself. but the size of the dry dock forcing you to wait out several the arbitrary and annoying af crafting and uncrafting timers in dojos to build withought making any effort to streamline the dojo building process, is a damn nightmare, on top of more forma yay. and no news on when the next plaguestar will be to catch up on this sudden dump of content that needs hoards of the little offbrand jiggies.

Just about every single new thing they do hurts the game in some way. There are underlying good ideas in a lot of these. But then they push the grind of them to the absolute limit they can possibly get away with, and they're starting to not get away with it. Because players are getting sick of it and leaving in droves, and they're not getting replaced because new players take one look and want nothing to do with any of that.

They need to stop balancing content in the game around the fastest players that go no life untill they're 100% on everything within a month of a new big update no matter how grindy it is, and start focusing more on the average player that maybe plays a couple hours a week because they have other stuff to do with their lives and likely other games they want to play. Or they're going to continue hemorrhaging players until the game dies.

• Like 2

Il y a 6 heures, --DSP--Jetstream a dit :

Same thing can be said about warframe honestly..

Not really. At least the factions are diverses in WF. You don't play the same against Corpus Grineer and Infested, and usually don't gear the same either. 

While fighting the Hive, the Vex and any other factions in D2 feels exactly the same because they have the same units with different skins.

Though that is besides the point, what annoyed me the most in D2 was how overpriced the DLC were for the content they are giving with it. I guess I was spoiled by games with DLC worth getting...

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

16 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Not really. At least the factions are diverses in WF. You don't play the same against Corpus Grineer and Infested, and usually don't gear the same either. 

While fighting the Hive, the Vex and any other factions in D2 feels exactly the same because they have the same units with different skins.

Though that is besides the point, what annoyed me the most in D2 was how overpriced the DLC were for the content they are giving with it. I guess I was spoiled by games with DLC worth getting...

In warframe it dosent feel like your fighting anything but rag dolls 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Numbers are still lower than the Old blood update. But I think Empyrean might hold its numbers longer…. Still setting at 9...  So not that Great... Path of exile is killing it right now…

Oh man, Path of Exile just beat Destiny 2 in the steam charts right this very moment.

Warframe is #12

I think that what this is proving is, the players Warframe is losing by making them wait longer for updates isn’t outweighing the players its brings in..  they’re not going to double in size like they did with plains of Eidolon.  DE are chasing unicorns…..

But at lease players don't hate this update...  

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 1

This update is non-existent for the majority of Warframe players. Although looking great the average Warframe player cannot play railjack. You basically need to be a veteran with proper archwing equipement that also enjoy archwing 1.0. 

That is why many just go to games that allow them to play the content that is advertised. Exactly as I feared one week ago. 

Edited by k05h

9 minutes ago, k05h said:

This update is non-existent for the majority of Warframe players. Although looking great the avarage Warframe player cannot play railjack. You basically need to be a veteran with proper archwing equipement that also enjoy archwing 1.0. 

That is why many just go to games that allow you to play the content that is advertised. Exactly as I feared one week ago. 

I think your right ,  also I think the returning players came back with the Old Blood update  which peeked at 90 and said what is this BS and left the game for good.  Railjack peeked at 80,  so yeah,   we have a problem. .

On 2019-11-10 at 11:55 PM, Etan-gK said:

I'd simply like to point out that the steam version is the one the data is coming from and doesn't account for people who play the standalone version, so your info is a bit skewed

Maybe so, only DE knows the true statistics, but I'm safe to assume Steam version takes the lion's share of the PC playerbase as it started as a steam greenlight project and was on steam for a long time before it became standalone. I personally didn't even know it had a standalone version as I rarely ever check the website and forums for this sort of stuff and I'm a member since 2013. 

Also, steam shows a trend which is also more than likely happening amongst standalone users. It's not like 100% of all standalone are 100% satisfied with it and never drop the game. Probably the statistics look the same in both instances.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The acceltra can be considered the only creative weapon DE did this year...but that's like the best of the worst 

Is DE incapable of making a weapon that has more than just stats?...does all creative weapons has to be explosive 

DE it's getting really bland and boring seeing the same stats over and over again with no real mechanics 

Where's the weapon that can ricochet and increases it's damage with the number of objects it hits

Where's the weapon that can push enemies and make them deal collision damage on impact with an obstacle 

Where's the weapon that it's damage output if primarily effected by your movement speed and sprinting

Where's the weapon that can for example infect enemies with spores and leech the life and energy out of them in melee range(you can say hema exists but even that is a standard rifle)

Where's my low fire rate precision based tenno crossbow?

Where's my repeater shotgun that ejects explosive ammunition behind the warframe like a fighter jet dropping down it's missiles(cool right?)

Literally thousands of weapon ideas that you can steal from other games like borderlands, spacelords anY GAME 

And if you don't want to make similar weapons from other games, Where's your creativity DE?

Does everything has to be explosive based

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Who would use that? Why would anyone use that when you could use literally anything else that kills much more enemies, much faster?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Does everything has to be explosive based

I mean...

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Where's my repeater shotgun that ejects explosive ammunition behind the warframe like a fighter jet dropping down it's missiles(cool right?)

You tell me. (Also, that's a suicide weapon. Why would anyone use it?)

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Who would use that? Why would anyone use that when you could use literally anything else that kills much more enemies, much faster?

I mean...

You tell me. (Also, that's a suicide weapon. Why would anyone use it?)

The strategy behind this weapon is to either slide pass a group of enemies while droping the explosive rounds

Or it's incredibly useful in the air...where you bullet jump, glide, drop down explosive...boom

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Komorex?

Cyanex?

Pennant?

Larkspur?

Quatz?

Komorex- an explosive based sniper...actually the coolest weapon we've had this year...but still...just a basic explosive weapon

Cyanex...a status based staple gun that has nothing special than pandero 

Pennant is the two handed nikana? Looks cool...still boring

Quatz...isn't this yet another rifle with explosive based fire mode?

See? Can't we have something different 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Where's the weapon that can ricochet and increases it's damage with the number of objects it hits

Prisma Tetra augment

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Where's the weapon that can push enemies and make them deal collision damage on impact with an obstacle 

There are some weapons which can easily ragdoll...no collision damage sadly.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I am with you on this one though. 

Spoiler

(except my idea was a crossbow version of the Lenz)

it sounds like you did not like the weapons yourself rather than being an actual problem. there are plenty of decent weapons for this year. fulmin, cyanex, komorex, shedu, acceltra are all pretty good weapons with a fresh mechanic to say the least.

also we have nagantaka for longer than a year now if you want your precision crossbow since thats literally what that weapon is.

Edited by Zeclem