Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Ahh this thread again. Just doesn't want to die. Kinda like warframe?

Decent list. I'm not sure they ignore game breaking bugs without a fix on purpose. It was their holiday after all. The rest is pretty accurate though.

Ropalolyst fight still have major bugs despite being out for over 6 months. Got an excuse for that one?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Nah dont worry, when the other 90% of railjack gets released everything else will be back to normal, heck, even i have started thinking about playing other games can you believe it? I play warframe from 4 to 17 hours a day 

Edit: and im a degenerate, functional members of society only log in to do the daily sortie and leave till next day

My friend, let me talk to you as a human being to another human being, do you really believe that there is a 90% more to that and is already done and ready to go? because after 2 years of teasing railjack, 1 year of content drought, resulting in three wacky missions (kill captain, steal the crewship, destroy the cores) + another paracesis teaser (swap paracesis for shedu) released in december, I don't think so.

I'm convinced It's all they have done so far and they seriously expect that people bite into that and repeat ad nauseum the little they have released for months. And the fact that they added absurd drop chances + RNG stats to ship equipment it sounds like a confirmation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Ahh this thread again. Just doesn't want to die. Kinda like warframe?

Decent list. I'm not sure they ignore game breaking bugs without a fix on purpose. It was their holiday after all. The rest is pretty accurate though.

Keep an eye on the list - I'm constantly updating it with more thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Ropalolyst fight still have major bugs despite being out for over 6 months. Got an excuse for that one?

Define major bugs, like what's bugged with the Ropalolyst (i cant freaking spell it)? I don't need to make excuses, I'm not DE. I'm simply stating that I havent seen many gamebreaking bugs go unaddressed and why i think they may have gone unadressed if they existed, if you have a different experience you're free to share, or you can fight me because i know that's what you really want to do.

Edited by Skaleek

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Nah dont worry, when the other 90% of railjack gets released everything else will be back to normal

Current normal is a downward trend (in so much that Warframe peaks lower and lower), however. We don't want that, especially after a major content release.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Current normal is a downward trend, however. We don't want that, especially after a major content release.

They aren't gonna fix your staff though. You just have to know DE at this point. It will be years. I'm sorry my friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Define major bugs, like what's bugged with the Ropalolyst (i cant freaking spell it)? I don't need to make excuses, I'm not DE. I'm simply stating that I havent seen many gamebreaking bugs go unaddressed and why i think they may have gone unadressed if they existed, if you have a different experience you're free to share, or you can fight me because i know that's what you really want to do.

- Getting stuck on the Ropalolyst
- Getting stuck under the Ropalolyst (kinky)
- Getting stick in the Ropalolyst (not sure how to feel about that one)
- Flying but not flying, can't go up or down you're just stuck at some altitude doing your best wukong impression
- Having to repeat last phase 100 times because you have maybe a .5 - .7 second window to time it right and people gotta learn.
- Ropalolyst getting stuck in the tower
- You can't go into operator
- You can't leave operator

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
  • Like 2

Warframe traditionally bounces into favor every 3 weeks or so with new updates.
Holiday releases from other games pushed to claim the top ten, but they invariably don't hang around for long.

DE being on vacation, there isn't much they could do to really combat that, which is fine.
We have major updates planned for later this year.

Something else to consider is that many of our content creators for Warframe are making their money though dumping on the game,
so the whole state of public opinion is going to be harmed from that, as well. I don't think there's any reason for concern to be out of top10 for now,
but I do feel the new tradition of beating every game studio into a corner with our demands could be detrimental to the future of the game.
Not saying there's a problem with suggesting changes or sharing displeasure, but it's absolutely the new hip thing to publicly freak out about
game updates as though they're actively trying to undermine our lives.

We'll see a spike in activity with whatever the next update will be.
New War will be this year, along with Duviri Paradox (sp?), and progress toward other factions getting lich, primary kitgun..
there's a lot of good that can come from 2020, so I wouldn't take this to heart.

They may also be giving up the coveted top10 in order to meet the expectation that they, "take their time and not releases so many bugs."
We'll see, but DE's been good to me, and I personally see no reason not to have them in the top10 again later next month or so.

Something to consider this year is, perhaps S#&$ting on DE non stop is harming performance too, folks.
We know that talking among ourselves that it's hyperbole in many cases, and we know that because we love the game,
but other people do not, and it's practically all they're hearing these days.

Expectations are often contradictory, next to impossibly high, and sensitivity to our hair-trigger opinions is creating a pit that could become impossible for any of us to climb out from.
I'm wishing DE good will and support, as well as hoping we'll give them a bit more actionable suggestion instead of insults and demands for direction and criticism.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

- Getting stuck on the Ropalolyst
- Getting stuck under the Ropalolyst (kinky)
- Getting stick in the Ropalolyst (not sure how to feel about that one)
- Flying but not flying, can't go up or down you're just stuck at some altitude doing your best wukong impression
- Having to repeat last phase 100 times because you have maybe a .5 - .7 second window to time it right and people gotta learn.
- Ropalolyst getting stuck in the tower
- You can't go into operator
- You can't leave operator

Yikes thats a lot of bugs. I think i've experienced the ropa stuck in the tower one only, and I did farm ropa to get all the amalgam mods/drops. These have been around since launch? You play on PC not console right?

Edited by Skaleek

17 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Not really since it’s mostly because PoE and Witcher 3 had huge pop spikes.

are you blaming other games for the obvious player loss?

is this some sort of propaganda? 

Edited by 8faiNt

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

They aren't gonna fix your staff though. You just have to know DE at this point. It will be years. I'm sorry my friend.

Oh I know, I'm under no illusion of that. I've provided all the feedback I possibly can, I'm not going to waste my time further.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Yikes thats a lot of bugs. I think i've experienced the ropa stuck in the tower one only, and I did farm ropa to get all the amalgam mods/drops.

That was from 5 runs. However playing Solo eradicates most of those bugs but that shouldn't be a fix, I have friends that want Wisp but can't solo or lack motivation to solo and we all have a lack of motivation to deal with the bugs as a squad.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

That was from 5 runs. However playing Solo eradicates most of those bugs but that shouldn't be a fix, I have friends that want Wisp but can't solo or lack motivation to solo and we all have a lack of motivation to deal with the bugs as a squad.

I don't blame you. Bugged content ends my motivation instantly. Not worth wasting your time over. If it works solo, does it work if the host does all the heavy lifting (the entire boss fight basically) themselves? Basically while the other people sit around and watch? I've had to navigate through bugged content before and that would be my first instinct. Not really an excuse for having something bugged like that for so long, but at least a way for your friends and yourself to get what you need from it. Granted you shouldnt have to do that, but here we are.

10 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

are you blaming other games for the obvious player loss?

is this some sort of propaganda? 

“Obvious player loss” unless you’re looking back more than a day. We are just losing the boost of players from the new update. That’s all. It literally always happens and everyone always acts like it’s the end of the world every time.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

“Obvious player loss” unless you’re looking back more than a day.

Liches and Railjack both of them were a failure. They introduced us the grind over grind system.

Blink was nerfed. and space archwing and the weapons are being completly adapted to railjack and they dont care about the open world archwing by the looks of it. and now they are completly changing the archwings because amesha was too good? lol.

They added Mod Drop Chance Booster and removed the combination between farming frames and then added them back because of the huge backlash.

Volt didnt get a deluxe.

these are the things I can think of at the moment. Considering they wasted like years making liches and the railjack they were both a failure and didnt contribute to the playerbase.

There was nothing revolutionary about warframe this year. It was the year of disappointment. 

anyway... you can pretend like things aren't there when they are, obviously.

Edited by 8faiNt

5 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

“Obvious player loss” unless you’re looking back more than a day. We are just losing the boost of players from the new update. That’s all. It literally always happens and everyone always acts like it’s the end of the world every time.

There is obvious player loss precisely when you look back more than a day. We haven't properly peaked since Fortuna, and every peak since then has been lower and lower. Liches failed to peak, Railjack, the almost 2 year hyped up update failed to cause the game to peak. 

Throughout it's early stages the game was very good at bringing in more people than it lost, and that's great, that's growth. The past year the game has not brought in more people than it has lost and that's... not growth.

Obviously all this is Steam data, but if anyone wants to argue that Steam isn't a valid sample size, and that people who use the main launcher are somehow an entirely different class of gamer not represented by the same statistics, I shall scoff at you.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Liches and Railjack both of them were a failure. They introduced us the grind over grind system.

Blink was nerfed. and space archwing and the weapons are being completly adapted to railjack and they dont care about the open world archwing by the looks of it. and now they are completly changing the archwings because amesha was too good? lol.

They added Mod Drop Chance Booster and removed the combination between farming frames and then added them back because of the huge backlash.

Volt didnt get a deluxe.

these are the things I can think of at the moment. Considering they wasted like years making liches and the railjack they were both a failure and didnt contribute to the playerbase.

There was nothing revolutionary about warframe this year. It was the year of disappointment. 

anyway you can pretend like things aren't there when they are, obviously.

Liches were bad, that seems to be the general opinion. Empyrean is a matter of taste and far from a failure. It is solid content, if you dont like it that is up to you.

Open world archwings work the same now as they did before except for the blink change, which was done with open world in mind. They are actually better in open world now because you keep the intrinsic bonuses from RJ. Amesha can use a change mostly because Archwngs havent been touched in years, just as all archwings can use a change. No need to keep the outlier that trivializes the whole RJ content when they want it to be a more balanced piece of content overall. So bring up the rest of the archiwngs and tone down amesha. You know something is overtuned when only the impact of latency or a "bad" host can kill you.

You are also mixing up the order regarding how the whole loot thing happened. They nerfed the loot frames, heard the uproar and changed it back at the same time as they introduced the mod drop booster, a booster I doubt anyone is using.

31 minutes ago, Szuna said:

I would not worry about it because I read on IGN (Hungarian) a topic about games what generated a lot of money on steam with no particular order. It was on the top 10 mentionned game and it is only the steam version so if you count the non steam plus console versions then it would be much more interesting numbers.

That would only make sense if the people who didn't play on steam now played somewhere else. When the number of players on steam is going down, you can expect the same across all platforms.

I do hope, that the added competition from other games pushes DE to actually improving the game. The warframes and weapons, that are used, are really op in some way. For the last few years every attempt to add something difficult to the game included either not letting players use their weapons (eidolons, orb fights, railjack), making enemies status immune (liches and wolf of saturn six) or just making enemies have so much health, that only a tiny selection is actually effective (disruption).
That's not even talking about energy reduction, nullifiers and arbitration drones or the grendel missions. Those aside, the only reason we don't have an EV trinity everywhere to spam abilities is, that content is too easy.
It only makes sense to farm everything, when you at least have the expectation, that you actually have a way to use it some day.

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Obviously all this is Steam data, but if anyone wants to argue that Steam isn't a valid sample size, and that people who use the main launcher are somehow an entirely different class of gamer not represented by the same statistics, I shall scoff at you.

One thing to note though is that it isnt really WF that has dropped in numbers, it's just several other games that have increased in activity right now.

ARK, The Witcher, PoE, Rocket League, Rust and Football Manager 2020 have not been in the top 10 for a good while. PoE alone have pulled some seriously impressive numbers with their latest league and their x-mas/new years event. Not only that they have impressive numbers on steam but when you add them up with their SA they'll pull nearly twice the numbers of Destiny 2.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

They need a massive overhaul before I'd ever consider them fun or have any want or need for further lons. If they rework them to be more like PT then maybe I'd enjoy them, because you dont need to be glued to PT for any reason, so you actually have a fight that feels like a fight and that isnt straight up eye cancer.

I agree, 100% problem is ... people are again closing their ears saying Eidolons shouldn't be in the game in the first place, I think this community is severely divided to the point where it became almost impossible to co-exist in this forum and reddit without constantly fighting each other, here is what DE should do

1 - Two separate servers, the first one will be casual friendly, with all the daily caps and limitations, let them have their fun week ends, give them boosters and a lot of micro-transactions and cosmetics, the second server is for dedicated players, where everything should be uncapped, and keep updating it with new content and make it subscription based, I will gladly pay to play a game that doesn't make me frustrated when playing it.

2 - DE should stop gambling with money they get from players supporting them with in game purchase of plat and cosmetics, They should stop adding random content and instead fix their own game, make a strong foundation first then release the New war.

Otherwise, the cycle will keep repeating itself and we are just wasting time here.

PS: whoever msg me with personal attacks in game, I'm telling you I don't really give a S#&$, don't bother wasting your energy for nothing.

5 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Lets start this one with this, While everyone (myself included) is busy talking about how Empyrean release was a mess, lets not forget that this game has some of the best Fun Grindy content DE has ever made, I mean srsly... after 3 years of its release, People still play it on a daily basis, I don't know why literally nobody is talking about how fun is to kill an Eidolon, It has Challenge, it require team play (for Tridolon at least ), and it has rewards, you kill a boss, you get your loot, then your repeat the cycle until you're satisfied.

Now I wonder why nobody in the community is talking about like an Eidolon Expansion or something, Now that everyone is agonizing over difficulty and "Fun grind" that doesn't feel like you're trapped in hell, I think DE should consider looking up to more content like that in their future updates.

and that will brings me to New war,  I would like to see something that combines both the fun aspect of Railjack, and the challenge Of Eidolons, let us make the new war a foundation for an actual "End Game", Maybe its time for DE to Define the nature of its player base and move forward, if not.. then what was the point from DE Steve's Google survey ? what I want to say is DE has already enough Data to conclude from it what their playerbase wants, and by player base I don't mean the Warframe partners and content creators, i think these people are destroying the game with their radical opinions, by playerbase I mean us, the "noobs", the Low MRs who doesn't care about that Mastery rank test and play the game on a daily basis bcs its FUN and GRINDY.

maybe this time they should give us new Operator weapons, Melee Operator will be a good Idea to fight sentients, Maybe they should consider an Eidolon expansion, add new types of Eidolons, maybe we should all speak for ourselves, rather then letting these content creators speak for us. I personally think the feedback section should be bombarded with constructive criticism.

I've been called a "Complainer" for talking about how bad was empyrean, Now here is what i think about the game itself, Warframe has the signs of a game that can dominate the sci-fi looter shooter genre for at least another 7 years, its up to the devs to take it to the right direction, bcs in the end Casuals will leave warframe for another trending game, just like how people left League of Legends for fortnite, does that make league a dying game  ? absolutly not... in fact, people are still playing it, bcs there is a communtiy that loves and cares about the game, and thats how I Imagine warframe will be like next 5 or 7 years.

Thank you everyone.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing to note though is that it isnt really WF that has dropped in numbers, it's just several other games that have increased in activity right now.

I'm speaking in regard to a consistent decline over the last 12 months. Have recent games exacerbated it? Probably.

But the decline is still there, and has been there longer than Destiny 2 on Steam or PoE's recent league.

• Like 2