Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

What's the difference? A truck ton of crap with a few crap, I rather take some time than being instantly gratified with truck ton of crap and it's not like we don't have Sigma series for a basic gear before jumping into the random rolls

What you're asking for is the illusive effort reward system. Good luck with that. Some games do this, but Warframe very rarely does.

Instead, with Warframe we are now offered two options, which ultimately is just a matter of preference. To illustrate what they are going for:

a) Do a 5 minute mission, have a 10% chance of a specific weapon drop upon mission success. That drop has RNG which can be, say, damage between 100-120.

b) Do a 20 minute mission, have a 1% chance of getting the same weapon as a) but when that drops, it's always 120 damage.

Some people will prefer a) while others will prefer b). What do you prefer, considering the differences in drop chance?

The obvious advantages of a) both for the player and for the game is that you might get say a drop of 110 damage. That's not going to be a perfect roll, but it's still pretty damn good considering the high drop chances and the time it takes. For the devs, it's also great, because it is much more sustainable due to the fact that often people keep replaying the same content hoping to get a god roll ( 120 damage in the case of this example ). Obviously, the difference between 110 and 120 isn't that great, but trust me that a lot of people will do this, even thou they are happy with what they already have, they will want to give it a shot once in a while and hope for a better roll.

Games that do this fairly will are for example Destiny 2 and Borderlands.

Where DE clearly missed the mark on the example of a), is that not only the drop chance is too low, but also the min-max window is way too wide.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I wanna see statistics of the amount of players that have more than 50 Hours of game time. We don't have access to that, but I think it would be interesting to see what the total playtime of the entire players base is vs the actual registered users and the actual consistent players of WF. The report by Leou almost seems like they're trying to justify for the investors of the holding company that there is this massive following because there are like 50+m registered people who have at one point logged in to WF. 

my guess on accounts with more then 50 hours playtime (in mission) would be less then 8-10% at best. and I really want to guess 4-5. Maybe this is why Reb said "Registered losers", not users. 🧐

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

What's the difference? A truck ton of crap with a few crap, I rather take some time than being instantly gratified with truck ton of crap and it's not like we don't have Sigma series for a basic gear before jumping into the random rolls

are you seriously asking whats the difference between 1 and 30? 

If so the answer is 29. 

Edited by Fire2box

I do not consider warframe to be dying. We will get more stuff and polish as time goes on.  Not everyone plays for challenge.

Even as an average player eith most stuff grinded i still wnjoy cracking as skulls just for fun.  Not looking for praise or an ego boost here.

I would love to see more ediolon bosses and changes to operater mechanucs that gave more dept.  As well as a better operater creator with lots of sliders for every last pixel.  Adult operaters please.

Wf is fun to just kick back and play for most.  Its not by any means dying.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Are you looking for "consistent", because that's what I'd class as stable and... Warframe is not.

I recommend specsavers then. This degree of downward trend has not happened before. In a game that has been growing consistently year after year, a downward trend is by definition unusual.

It is only unusual if you ignore the model of the game. It is quite spectacular it took this long for WF to normalize. But in the end it is free to play, so what we see now or well, have seen since end of 2017 is normal.

14 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

A game that has been hyping the #*!% out of its updates should have an increase in playerbase when the update hits. If warframe's playerbase is STILL declining then what the hell are we doing at this point?

When did they hype Empyrean though, or Liches for that matter? Fortuna did get massive hype through billboards and so on. With empyrean and liches though I've only really seen talk about them in devstreams aswell as during tennocon. Neither of that was really hyped. If their intend was to hype it then they would have probably gone with far more flawless gameplay showcases, which wasnt the case for neither tennocon nor the following devstreams. Heck, the Gas City rework had more hype to it than empyrean and liches.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

When did they hype Empyrean though, or Liches for that matter? Fortuna did get massive hype through billboards and so on. With empyrean and liches though I've only really seen talk about them in devstreams aswell as during tennocon. Neither of that was really hyped. If their intend was to hype it then they would have probably gone with far more flawless gameplay showcases, which wasnt the case for neither tennocon nor the following devstreams. Heck, the Gas City rework had more hype to it than empyrean and liches.

Huh? They advertised it through sponsoring content creators to show what empyrean is, and there was already alot of pre hype to it

Heh, uninstalled WF back a couple of weeks.... Now a happy D2 player, grinding through the season, got 4 exotics already. 

If they do a 10EU discount for both expansions again , might just purchase , the season , nah ... or maybe occasionally. 

Compared to 100EU+ for a prime access , well no thank you... /https://www.warframe.com/prime-access/

What made the biggest impression so far is the lack of game braking bugs , not even mentioning host migrations here....

Doing defense at w18 , just to find out you are playing alone, with hordes of enemies ...

And yes , WF had dropped significantly .... The reasons have already been discussed.

Honestly , they need to incentivice old players to stay. Grind over rng is not the way forward....

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by fish_wet
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Huh? They advertised it through sponsoring content creators to show what empyrean is, and there was already alot of pre hype to it

How is that hyping? Majority of players dont give a flying crap about content creators to begin with. Hyping would be actual PR or having the most perfect and flawless gameplay showcase.

Content creators = hype. Hah! Best joke of 2020!

How is that hyping?

Maybe by releasing it at the awards in December ....

Majority of players dont give a flying crap about content creators to begin with.

Not true , not true ....

How much streamers/ content creators are left on twitch ?

Edited by fish_wet

10 minutes ago, fish_wet said:

Compared to 100EU+ for a prime access , well no thank you... /https://www.warframe.com/prime-access/

While I agree that it is a steep price, it is still not comparable to Dset2 expansions. You can get the prime 100% free in-game, you miss out on cosmetics. Dest2 expansions cannot be obtained in game, so you lack content by not paying. That is the dealbreaker that made me stay away from Dest2 since it claims to be f2p yet has content locked behind forces purchases.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

it is still not comparable to Dset2 expansions

Yep when D2 was released it was 60EU retail, plus ps4 exclusive.

So back in the days i said i will not purchase as it was not wort it. Actually i was ok with WF till that point , however after Old blood and Empyrean ,

plus the fact that you do get the base D2 game plus two expansions , why not ... And if the two other ones are 20EU on discount , it`s less than even a plat package.

Not defending Bungie here, they found a path however and it works.

Conclusion , they learned from previous mistakes , or maybe not , only time will tell.

Just now, fish_wet said:

Maybe by releasing it at the awards in December ....

Not true , not true ....

Hype usually means ahead of time, over a lengthy period to attract players. The same day as the release, not so much.

Very true, even though people hate to accept it. And with the way CC's have acted since before Fortuna even more people have started to despise and avoid them. I should have probably clarified better. Most people dont give a flying crap about WF CC's, since they are currently some of the worst out there. Biting the hand that feeds them and so on. So DE placing "hype" at the hands of a CC will have a high chance of missing several players. 

We agree to disagree then 🙂

For me it was hyped a lot , with all the in game demos and whatever.

Was itching to play with friends and do all the stuff they showed.

Fact is people are not satisfied and happy. Not everyone course , however a significant chunk ....

And this is evident by the overflow of topics on the forums , not even counting people bashing on youtube or other media.

2 minutes ago, fish_wet said:

Conclusion , they learned from previous mistakes , or maybe not , only time will tell.

How have they learned when they are doing the same thing still? People speak of this magical break from activision when the development and monetization is the exact same, aside from them handing out a demo of the game. 

Their devs are still *@##$ing about how "hard" it is to keep up with player demands, more or less accusing the player's lust for gameplay as being something bad because they cant keep up with it. How it more or less is the flayers fault that they decided to go with an outdated engine that makes development take more time than it should. I honestly cant understand how people can buy their stuff after they have complained so much on their players, complaining that the players want to play their game? I mean seriously, wtf, they should be glad their players want to play their game and want more of it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

When did they hype Empyrean though

Empyrean was so over hyped,  poeple wore talking as if it's was going to be Warframe 2. As for lichers,  warframe will finally have a end game. ...ha ha ha

DE Lead their playerbase to believe this crap. ....and now players are leaving because of it....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I honestly cant understand how people can buy their stuff after they have complained so much on their players,

It`s actually quite simple to figure out , and I stated it  a couple of posts back. If it costs 20/30 bucks people buy.

Prime access , even the medium variant costs 79USD/EU.

It`s the same as why people get prime access , they like the game, as simple as it gets. Even if it`s flawed.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Empyrean was so over hyped,  poeple wore talking as if it's was going to be Warframe 2. As for lichers,  warframe will finally have a end game. ...ha ha ha

DE Lead their playerbase to believe this crap. ....and now players are leaving because of it....

Player self hyping is not the same as DE intentionally hyping the content. Fortuna was clearly hyped, Railjack hasnt really been clear on anything until we got in there to see and test it on our own. Liches I agree fell flat, but it is more endgame than anything else we've gotten since it had very specific loot tied to it and it was more for people ready for endgame than anyone anywhere in their progression. What had me more interested in liches was the promise of challenge, which never happened. Though I dont see what part of liches were actually hyped since it released kinda quickly after getting the initial reveal of that it was actually coming. Sure they hyped some animations for parazon and a bunch of lich models, but the bigger parts of the system werent revealed until we had the patch notes at hand.

I dont think patch notes classify as hype. Although, with the watering down of terms like p2w I can see hype have taken the same turn.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

And this clearly affects you on a personal level.