Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

On 2019-11-11 at 6:09 AM, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play.

Good to see someone worries about the game but don't worry.
Warframe will lives on as long as It has enough supports and players will support the game they want to play.
Many players left Warframe, many came back for more punishment, that's how it is.

The best way to play WF is to take breaks and play other games too.  Come back for new content or just when you are done with your break.  I am loving WF still, but I recently played Assassins Creed Odyssey, came back to WF for a bit, then Borderlands 3 (two characters levelled), No Man's Sky - Beyond updt (new playthrough), and The Outer Worlds, then came back for Empyrean.  WF can never satisfy everyone and has to make the best decisions they can for their future as this giant ball of accumulating content keeps rolling.  I suppose someday they may have to start again from scratch, then we will get little content for years as they rebuild new IP.

I do like NMS taking a break had a whole bunch of trade loops and info on a xl.. and some how deleted it or something... so only need one xl ass pain at the time.  Now I am trying to update and figure out being gone from warframe... figure half my mods and set ups are less powered or worse some of them have abilities changed. Real salty at loosing wold of fire but what do I know...

The steam data might not show *all* the players, but I think it shows rises and falls in interest. A few things:

• The last few updates didn't really bring new players into the game, they brought existiing players back. That makes sense. They're all late-game things.
  • Those players who returned didn't return for long.

The question is, is that because they finished everything? Maybe, but then the gameplay does not appear to have kept their interest, and my guess is that it didn't sustain players' interest whether or not they ground out all the rewards. However, only DE have the data to do anything more than guess. They'll be able to see whether the people who came back left before or after they did everything those updates had to offer, how much they replayed those game modes, and whether or not the arguments over replayabie/sustainable content - that rng drops/stats are content and add to replayability - are supported or not.

• Like 1

I really had hope for railjack , but it's a buggy mess , it's fun though , so i played through it . Then i realised my time was being wasted because of the horrible drop rates , and not being able to use what you have because it's locked behind a vidar reactor that MIGHT be better than the default one doesnt help either . Everything just felt like time wasted , then i had hope for this hotfix , surprise surprise , railjack is even buggier now . And drop chances for wreckages being doubled ( WOW 4%) is just proof that the community was not listened to . And why is it so hard to implement vacuum for railjack ? Why do you value the opinions of whiteknights that praise you even when you mess up really badly more than the opinions of players that actually want the game to survive and be better ? As people you are all awesome and extremely likeable , but that alone wont keep a game going , the community doesnt have infinite goodwill . And the excuse that you're a small indie developer doesnt work anymore , you WERE in the top 10 most played steam games . If i'm leaving nobody cares i'm only one person , but the steam charts show that warframe is slowly but surely bleeding active players . I and many other people love this game despite the many , many mistakes that were made , please dont let it die .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, R.E.B_99 said:

whiteknights that praise you even when you mess up really badly more than the opinions of players that actually want the game to survive and be better ? 

And there goes all my respect for this thread. 

Also, 

1 hour ago, R.E.B_99 said:

. And the excuse that you're a small indie developer doesnt work anymore , you WERE in the top 10 most played steam games . 

Just because you became popular doesn't stop you from being an indie dev. What stops you being an indie game is when you stop being "independent" because you were bought by a large company. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Railjack DOES have a vacuum. It's like nearly 200 meters or something, quadruple the size of an Archwing's vacuum

that's nothing when the map you're in is freaking SPACE lol. it would need to be at least 1000 metres to feel like a proper vacuum. which would be fine if it was added as an Avionic, then you have the option to be slightly more effective in combat or pick up drops more easily at the cost of a slot.

the Reactor system is still messed up though. I'm guessing DE wanted to focus on the stuff that needed urgently fixing and some rebalancing before taking a more in-depth look at systems, which is understandable, but there is a fundamental problem with the way Avionics Capacity is now. people will still be burning themselves out trying for that perfect Vidar reactor, and that makes me a little sad... because at some point I'm going to become one of those people once everything else on my Railjack is Mk3.

I know I'll probably be filled with a lot of hate-buckshot for this, but, do you think Warframe's design-to-in-game timetables and inter-content coherency would improve if the current management was "moved out of the way" and replaced by someone far more draconian and focused upon "the numbers"/ nitpicky and perfectionist?

I really, REALLY don't like the idea of "punting the boat" like that, but, I can't help but feel like it's not the game itself that's causeing trouble, but, rather, the creators being more "relaxed" (by industrio-corporate standards).

3 hours ago, R.E.B_99 said:

Then i realised my time was being wasted because of the horrible drop rates , and not being able to use what you have because it's locked behind a vidar reactor

You don't need a reactor better than the Sigma MK III to beat all missions in Veil. All avionics capacity on top of that are an extra boost, not a necessity.

Also it is clear the intent with this system was to encourage players to actually think about their builds, either to take more damage, more speed, more hp, or more abilities, hence why the avionics capacity is limited.

I would even go as far as to say that Vidar reactors that go up to 100 capacity were a big mistake. They should have never been much better that the Sigma ones in the first place.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

which would be fine if it was added as an Avionic, then you have the option to be slightly more effective in combat or pick up drops more easily at the cost of a slot

That would most certainly not be okay. Being punished with annoyance for having a good combat build on a combat ship is not fun.

1 hour ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

You don't need a reactor better than the Sigma MK III to beat all missions in Veil. All avionics capacity on top of that are an extra boost, not a necessity.

Also it is clear the intent with this system was to encourage players to actually think about their builds, either to take more damage, more speed, more hp, or more abilities, hence why the avionics capacity is limited.

I would even go as far as to say that Vidar reactors that go up to 100 capacity were a big mistake. They should have never been much better that the Sigma ones in the first place.

I actually agree in part,

it should have been equal irrespective of how much. Which is kinda the core issue. RNG for getting better drops should not have existed, better bonuses perhaps, but not more avionics. 

Me too are extreme disappointed on the new update, don't even auto mark those drops, have to go out to find those drop, which hurt my eyes a lot, after every mission, fcking boring and angry. I challenge DE to farm those avionics and resources the normal way as a normal player, I doubt they can even last a week.

PS: At least now after the latest update, those mods and blueprints are auto mark, much better now.

Edited by vitreloy

Railjack is still new, so expect a mountain of bugs to sort through.

This is by far the most grind I've experience, since getting the part is no guarantee that it has the stats you wanted, which 90% of the time it has the most trashy stats it could get.

Even if you have a 10% chance to drop you'll still have to pray to RNGesus that the stats are not garbage. 

I got +20 vidar reactors and only 1 was usable. feel mah pain.

But hey, I'm gonna let DE sort this out first before I drop my Hammer Prime on them. Its a good game but dang that was grindy AF.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

The fact that DE made a whole new mode to hopefully make Archwing has a point to exist and undo everything with the first hotfix in 2020 is astonishing.

Archwings become trash again as they always been within a month. Nerf of Amesha just doesn't matter anymore coz Archwing simply can't do anything other than a glorified taxi even in Railjack where the whole thing is made for space battle.

• Like 2