Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The comparison to destiny is not favourable for warframe. That’s where all the playerbase is going.

And yet for the single month destiny has been out, it has had steadily declining max players with no upward trend. Not that great looking either. 

But that is also an incredibly small time period for any free to play.

Meanwhile WF is gaining traction again no matter the forum complaints like every update before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

See, unlike warframe enemies, Destiny enemies actually change up gameplay.

So “escalation protocol but with Vex” is actually hugely different from the hive. What’s more, we actually got new weapons with the game mode.

What did warframe get in that time? A new frame, that you grind old content to unlock. A new cat, without any of the issues surrounding companions being addressed, and Atlas prime, one of the most boring frames in warframe.

The comparison to destiny is not favourable for warframe. That’s where all the playerbase is going.

So let's forget disruption but with infested and grineer in that time yeah? And just focus on recent bad points.

Also, new weapons? Outside exotics, legendary weapons are basically the same with guns  from past DLCs, purple rarity weapons with random perks that are either auto rifle, pulse rifle, hand cannon, shotgun or sniper rifle. Is there any rocket firing auto rifle by default? Or maybe homing missile hand cannon or sidearm in destiny 2 after all this time?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So let's forget disruption but with infested and grineer in that time yeah? And just focus on recent bad points.

Also, new weapons? Outside exotics, legendary weapons are basically the same with guns  from past DLCs, purple rarity weapons with random perks that are either auto rifle, pulse rifle, hand cannon, shotgun or sniper rifle. Is there any rocket firing auto rifle by default? Or maybe homing missile hand cannon or sidearm in destiny 2 after all this time?

No, because those things are stupid?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I will say fair to most of that, while I disagree I can see your point though, with the third paragraph though I will say that nerfs does not necessarily mean bad. What they are attempting is remove simple and easy strategies to trivialize the game for the most part, stuff like Catchmoon and S2W stuff definitly needed to be in check. What they did is no difference from nerfing Telos Boltace and Synoid Simulor when those were top tier. I think what they did this time with melee is very good, a lot of bad melees are now playable, the OP melees while yea feels worse, are still playable just fine. I think what they did with the new Melee stuff is, while yea it is sad there were nerfs, I see a good future where now that a lot of the melees are more comparable to each other than the incomparable mess it was used to be will allow them to balance the enemies better in the future with the damage and scaling updates.

While I agree SOME nerfs are indeed necessary, cite tonkor nerf, etc, the nerf trend that DE adhere to has almost always been misplaced/ misguided. With rivens as prime example of one where DE seem to think popularity translates to power and yet they threw all that out the window with seemingly all melee being comparable to each other thus rendering any sense of progression moot.

And no, op setups lets us play on boundaries that are otherwise "unintended playing field" but are accessible to those who grinded for said setup through the abysmal drop chance and timegated. Now any semblance of past investments in making low MR weapons viable and fun gets thrown out the window with everything feeling just as strong. 

Every weapon now have an identity crisis, after more than half a decade of long time players' investment. Moreover, now melee feels like it has a hard cap of viable level range, which is the absolute laziest way of introducing challenge after they borked challenge completely via their overly done focus on operator gimmicks.

Those who claim this isn't an issue either haven't stuck with the game that long or are apologists that will excuse any change DE makes, be it for the better or worse. And quite frankly, this attitude is something that DE can do without given how divisive this update is compared to everything else they've done in the past cumulatively.

5 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

And yet for the single month destiny has been out, it has had steadily declining max players with no upward trend. Not that great looking either. 

But that is also an incredibly small time period for any free to play.

Meanwhile WF is gaining traction again no matter the forum complaints like every update before.

The first month a free to play game comes out, yeah, the sharp intake will bleed out players.

Still, Destiny is at 117m and warframe is at 37m.

Pretty embarrassing, really.

Just now, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

How do you balance an auto rifle that shoots rockets, how do you balance a homing hand cannon?

They are stupid ideas, that’s why they aren’t in the game.

I mean in a way, we have the Corinth. It's not exactly homing but once you get good with it, you can be the homing to hit people behind walls by shooting next to them, also Kuva Ogris is a semi automatic rocket launcher in a way. I mean more of a grenade launcher, but yea. I think with weapons like that it is hard so I guess I am sorry, I miss read what you responded to. carry on just wanted to get a clarification.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

This updated pissed off a lot of players, plain and simple. 

And it didn't have to. Kuva weapons could be literally chosen on demand, and duplicates could be used to upgrade existing weapons. You could build your own lich from a "maker". You could have mini missions to get permanent words. You could set up word sharing with team mates for easier chances. You could have had choices and meaningful decisions and joined in DE's lore expansion as active participant. You could have played and appreciated.  You cold have tweaks to make melee more streamlined and added a fancy new attack system with it.

The only place in this update players got meaningful choice and content was melee stances, That's it. The rest of it is arbitrary nerfs to go with a multitiered multilevel scaffold of rng. It's almost as if De doesn't actually trust their players to play the game of their own accord, and we're back to tradable liches for platinum.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Still, Destiny is at 117m and warframe is at 37m.

And what about actual hours these millions put into the game? If Destiny is at 20 hours, and WF is at 100 hours at least and up to 300 to finish the starchart? How does anyone account for that?

35 минут назад, (PS4)Mono-Pop сказал:

See, unlike warframe enemies, Destiny enemies actually change up gameplay.

I'm sorry, did I hear correctly? Destiny enemies change up gameplay? Riiiight, let's see...

So we have Cabal. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a shielded ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but thick.

We have the Hive. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but there are many of them.

We have the Fallen. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, an invisible close combat enemy, a bulkier support enemy, a long range enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but they are faster and like using obstacles.

We have the Taken. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier ranged enemy with an annoying knockback, a couple of types of long range support enemy, sometimes of suiciding close combat enemies that can multiply themselves, generally evolving into a crowd. They are just the regular humanoids, but they like to use the most annoying maneuvers.

Finally we have the Vex. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but ... ready yourself... they have a weakspot in their stomach instead of head.

In other words they are really the same, but they are colored differently, and make different funny noises. Sure, changes the gameplay much.

• Like 2

Game turned a corner a long time ago in quality and interest for a bunch of weebs to play it, successfully pushed everyone with a shred of honest criticism away from the game. Now it operates in a sorry state of too little too late and risks pushing away the core of whale weebs that remains to try and save grace in retaining a broader audience already long gone. Ultimately came from developing w deaf ears and stubborness of knowing better than what players want. I don't feel sorry for them at all. 

They developed the game around complacency to the audience that would never fault them. This is the result, a bunch of weebs in denial that can at most try to 'laugh and shame' an audience away amd talk about Destiny taking away numbers as if it has anything to really do w it. At this point I'm just enjoying watching it all go down. This game is going down because it's boring to play which matters a lot with all the tedious grinding.

Edited by ikkabotz

***THIS JUST IN BREAKING NEWS BRAND NEW UPDATE*****

we heard your concerns loud and clear and to address them here at digital extremes we have:

- updated the menus appearance
- reconfigured your gear items to a new fun look
- added a fortnight emote

we hope these changes have addressed the core issues you players have been dealing with thanks for your feedback sincerely Digital Extremes..........

Edited by krimit

5 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I'm sorry, did I hear correctly? Destiny enemies change up gameplay? Riiiight, let's see...

So we have Cabal. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a shielded ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but thick.

We have the Hive. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but there are many of them.

We have the Fallen. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, an invisible close combat enemy, a bulkier support enemy, a long range enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but they are faster and like using obstacles.

We have the Taken. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier ranged enemy with an annoying knockback, a couple of types of long range support enemy, sometimes of suiciding close combat enemies that can multiply themselves, generally evolving into a crowd. They are just the regular humanoids, but they like to use the most annoying maneuvers.

Finally we have the Vex. Their forces consist mostly of a general cannon fodder ranged enemy, a bulkier close combat enemy, a long range support enemy, sometimes of hordes of suiciding close combat enemies. They are just the regular humanoids, but ... ready yourself... they have a weakspot in their stomach instead of head.

In other words they are really the same, but they are colored differently, and make different funny noises. Sure, changes the gameplay much.

Vex crit spots are in the middle of their body, and are vulnerable to different weapons. Cabal troops have thruster packs and can glide across the arena.

taken can twitch teleport around and dodge attacks. Different factions attack with different elements and they can be exploited in different ways. Cabal shields have weak spots that can drop them, Hive knights summon bits of rock that have to be worked around. 

They are functionally dramatically different.

1 minute ago, akots said:

And what about actual hours these millions put into the game? If Destiny is at 20 hours, and WF is at 100 hours at least and up to 300 to finish the starchart? How does anyone account for that?

Considering I've yet to not see several solid groups of fire teams to play with in D2 bo matter what time I logged in over the course of 2 weeks compared to no one in my clan/ old clans/ friends are on WF after the update?... I'd say that's 20 repeatable and fun hours compared to WF's starchart....

Especially if you remember that a lot of these hours that you account for wf are literally padding from grinding specific resources/ sidetracks for categories to unlock a relay, etc.

Fact of the matter is, D2 has more player agency than WF is now.

You can conjure whatever image there is to defend WF's abysmal state now, but the numbers does show a grim patern that needs some fixing. Otherwise, not even a blanket of "positive reinforcement" from apologists will save WF from a steady decline and being in one of those "wtf happened to-" analysis videos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

Considering I've yet to not see several solid groups of fire teams to play with in D2 bo matter what time I logged in over the course of 2 weeks compared to no one in my clan/ old clans/ friends are on WF after the update?... I'd say that's 20 repeatable and fun hours compared to WF's starchart....

Especially if you remember that a lot of these hours that you account for wf are literally padding from grinding specific resources/ sidetracks for categories to unlock a relay, etc.

Fact of the matter is, D2 has more player agency than WF is now.

You can conjure whatever image there is to defend WF's abysmal state now, but the numbers does show a grim patern that needs some fixing. Otherwise, not even a blanket of "positive reinforcement" from apologists will save WF from a steady decline and being in one of those "wtf happened to-" analysis videos.

That is a dark and cynical fairy tale land you live in, buddy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, akots said:

You reckon it takes 20 hours to finish 5 campaigns?

and campaigns aren’t even the meat of the game. 75 hours of story content, doubled for entry level end game, tripled for the actual end game.

Meanwhile you think it takes 300 hours to repeat the same 6 missions to complete warframes star chart?

thats a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You reckon it takes 20 hours to finish 5 campaigns?

and campaigns aren’t even the meat of the game. 75 hours of story content, doubled for entry level end game, tripled for the actual end game.

Meanwhile you think it takes 300 hours to repeat the same 6 missions to complete warframes star chart?

thats a joke.

to be fair, it took me thousands to complete mine. I meant my excuse was there was no arbitrations yet, but yea lol

2 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

That is a dark and cynical fairy tale land you live in, buddy.

If using factual numbers, understanding how business cycle works, and witnessing multiple gaming companies who have done similar mistakes go out of business are considered living a dark and cynical fairy tale then I'm afraid you're living in it too there mate, just that you chose to be ignorant from all of it.

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

If using factual numbers, understanding how business cycle works, and witnessing multiple gaming companies who have done similar mistakes go out of business are considered living a dark and cynical fairy tale then I'm afraid you're living in it too there mate, just that you chose to be ignorant from all of it.

The amazing part is that you don't actually understand any of that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

So to do vex offensive you need to head to the storm to do vex invasion first, kill waves of vex, kill the gate lord then proceed to the next area until you get the ticket, then proceed to black garden taking down waves of vex. Sounds really similar to escalation protocol except you're fighting vex instead of hive.

Also, surely destiny never have any bug yeah, since we can see numerous pages about it

If that's recycled content because "you kill, kill and kill some more!" then give me a mission in warframe where it's NOT beneficial to kill hundreds of mobs. 

As for bugs. EVERY game has bugs. you're the one who whined about bugs and suggested Destiny bad because of it. 

Edited by Fire2box