Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

Not at all. I've been a vet on multiple games: when you're a vet, you have no choice but to get bored and use all that knowledge you've accumulated over 5 years+ to engage in discussion on various topics that affect the game. 

I know the experts talk about stuff on here so I came here to increase my knowledge. Case in point: I didnt know how to unlock my new archgun riven so I simply googled it and found some vets talking about it like it's a piece of cake lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

well, no. mods are deleting most of the negative threads. so, it is more than half.

Mods rarely delete threads. Usually they get locked for failing to remain constructive (IE devolving into ranting, insulting, racism, etc) or they get merged with similar threads (such as all the railjack "feedback" threads being merged into the railjack megathread over on the feedback forums.) 

52 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

If people are unhappy with something in the game (or any other game), they can come here to vent their frustrations, win some fake internet points and find other frustrated people to validate their opinions by sharing those opinions.

If people are generally happy with the game, they're usually too busy playing it to come here and make posts.

I see where you're coming from but If the negativity rises up with a sharp vertical stick on a chart in a short ammount of time that says something. Usually the stuff you will see about negativity would be bugs or crashes or annoying effects. The kind of arguments going on on the forum since the liches and the railjack isn't just those innocent, ''fixable'' things. people are talking about the poor game design, utter unnecessary grinds that consumes your time for little effort and reward, incomplete or missing mechanics we were promised.

so, simply to put it

Yes, when people are happy they tend to not give feedback about what they like. and yes, negativity would be more common since for some reason we like to have a voice about what we dont like in general but I ve been on a forum for some time and I dont remember seeing the forum this upset about changes and updates. and it is for a good reason, we are experiencing things we never had in this game. and it is not just the updates. Archwing itself has changed and completly been adapted to railjack, guns too! Melee was changed and some liked it, some didnt. Blink was adapted to railjack and now you're not as fast as open world. Most people didnt like it because it doesnt feel fluent at all. 

Also, people are sick of receiving extremly buggy mainline updates that breaks the game completly or almost unplayable to enjoy yourself. say if you did play you will be exhausted from the ammount of bug you have had and when they fix the problems then you will be the one not playing the game. I mean.. c'mon I know we are the beta tester as PC players but like... wow. It feels like they are just playing it once and releasing it.

I also want to give credit to shy's video about how much of a dissapointment railjack was compared to what we were shown and what we have got. De wouldnt have cared about a simple peasant player but considering she has quite the community, the wrongs will be known by DE, hopefuly.

that wasnt very simple... eh. anyway, agree or disagree people. just dont call this your routine '' people dont like the changes and you cant satisfy everyone bs as an excuse to an obvious unsatisfaction ''

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Mods rarely delete threads. Usually they get locked for failing to remain constructive (IE devolving into ranting, insulting, racism, etc) or they get merged with similar threads (such as all the railjack "feedback" threads being merged into the railjack megathread over on the feedback forums.) 

Well, I dont know because half of the time i tried to see a thread, It was deleted already before I even saw it. so, cant really talk about the context if it was just pure hatred or anything

Edited by 8faiNt

5 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Well, I dont know because half of the time i tried to see a thread, It was deleted already before I even saw it. so, cant really talk about the context if it was just pure hatred or anything

If the thread is entirely gone, it was most likely merged. Locked threads can still be seen, read, and reacted to, you just can't reply. 

You can usually tell a post was a merge because some the comments won't make sense in the context, they will read like the opening comment of a new thread. 

No one in my alliance is on the forums.  I never see any of their names.  Everyone that talks in alliance chat has almost nothing but negative feedback about Empyrean and Liches.  The Warframe subreddit is hugely negative.  Youtube likes to recommend Warframe partner videos to me, and while I don't watch most of them, the ones I see don't look like they're too happy with Empyrean.

And why should anyone be happy with it?  It's a mess of layered RNG, predatory resource costs (yeah, I'm sure they're gonna change them or intrinsics costs when they're probably selling boosters like hot cakes.) time gates, bugs, completely unfulfilled promises (like, Anthem level unfulfilled promises.  Like No Man's Sky types of unfulfilled promises.  Like presidential candidate levels of unfulfilled promises.) and every single mission is the same mission over and over and over and over and over.  You can't release one damn mission, rename it 25 times, fill it with grind and RNG and call it content. 

Every mission is just you with 3 pubs all trying to clown car into the cannon pit, slowly flying around in a ship made out of wet toilet paper that looks and feels like the love child of a snail and a brick, shooting cotton candy balls at ultra fast, state of the art fighter craft made out of Lancer shields, while getting reamed out by invincible tank ships with an endless supply of missiles.  You step out of the ship you get one-shot.  The design philosophy says the enemy should never be one-shot, but no, it's cool if the player who is outnumbered literally 100 to 1, gets one-shot.  That's fine.  Don't fix that.  Nerf archguns again, do some number #*!%ery so you can pretend like you fixed literally anything, fix some of the bugs that you shouldn't have shipped the game with in the first place and keep letting the players get one-shot, keep letting their loot get deleted by a horrendous inventory system, and keep making them farm egregious amounts of resources because you need that booster plat, baby.

F U C K Empyrean.  Right in its slingshot.

Forums is like the news, people only care about negativity news. Im always helping people in game so I made a post on the holidays about what I did that day to help another in game and no one help another person out in game on the holidays. Ive even got questions from in game "is everyone is Warframe as nice?" Told them your lucky when you bump into someone who is willing to give a helping hand. Other than that most are just toxic who don't want to even type "ty" when you revive them. Instead they usually extract when your Lich comes out. lol Welcome to Warframe.

Il y a 3 heures, Miser_able a dit :

Nope. The people who come to the forums tend to be the vocal kind. Even if 90% of the community is happy with an update, the forums will still be filled with the 10% whinging about something or other. 

The vocal kind still playing the game. But looking at the numbers, the silence majority is leaving it.

4 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

At the time I'm writing this, don't get me wrong, but most post I see are negative, or at least they aren't positive. Is this good or bad, cause this could mean good critique or bad game. Please don't say something like "Why does this matter?" I'm posting this just to satisfy my curiosity.

I remember back in 2013 when I started playing this game the community was a lot more positive on the forum and towards DE
I think one of the main reasons is that now that so many years have passed a lot more people started playing Warframe and those that stuck around long enough are starting to get dissatisfied with a lot of decisions made by DE and see that there is a pattern in this behavior.

Although there are a few separate things that people complain about, DE isn't always completely to blaim:

- Bugs in the game after a new patch:
People have to realize this happens, especially with the amount of content DE pushes.
I don't like it, but I try to not whine about it too much because this is just the way it goes with Warframe since the start.
I'd like to add there are other games that are far worse when it comes to bugs and DE usually tries to fix major bugs within a few days.

- Decisions about content acquisition (Warframes, weapons, mods, items, etc...):
This is a business model thing and this is a valid thing to whine about when it comes down to major RNG walls for farming that one item in relative small content to do so.

- Decisions about gameplay, content and gamemechanics:
Usually DE comes up with an idea(i.e. gamemode) and if it's not liked enough by the players, it will get streamlined so that more people can enjoy it. Although the criticism may be justified, DE usually listens to the community about this to improve this aspect of the game.

- Nerfing frames, gear and playstyles:
You can balance things, or you can nerf things because too many people complain. Since Warframe isn't a PvP based game, I'd say nerfing to keep some people happy will just make more people unhappy. I feel that on more than one occasion DE has brought this down upon themselves. Creating something that is obviously more powerful, then when too many people start using it and it becomes popular nerf it into the ground.

Problem with all of this is that in the last couple of years I've noticed that the RNG walls and nerfing has gotten progressively worse and people are fed up with it so the amount of negativity on the forum is getting more and more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

...what part of "716 out of 100,000" isn't normalized per capita?

There's also other factors in play. For instance, my country statistically has a higher rate of violent crime than the US (normalised for population, of course), but this is actually because we classify a lot more crimes as "violent". So things like murders aren't any more common, but burglary is counted toward the stat here when it isn't in the US.

It's not. They are like that most of the time. Second Dream had rage threads and negativity, Planes had tons of it, Fortuna had tons of it. It's normal around here, all this free content makes people really angry for some reason, as if they are stakeholders in this project and DE ows them something personally. But in reality, Warframe is just a recreational activity, and if you are a normal person, once you stop enjoying it (for whatever reason), you move on, spare time and nerve cells are precious.

• Like 1

remember that people are more likely to be vocal about things they dislike than they are about thigns they DO like. nobody ever went into a Starbucks and had a full conversation about how their coffee was great, but plenty will cause a scene if their Coffee isn't right somehow. that's just human nature: we stay mostly content, until something happens that we don't like.

forums are really just a microcosm of society at large, so don't worry about it.

You should always keep in mind that only a tiny fraction of players participate in discussion, usually those who feel very strongly about something.

The same applies to all online discussions.

Edited by Guest

Just now, ChaosSabre said:

Well I'm a beta player with round 3k hours in the game and Railjack finally made me quit the game with how buggy and unfinished it was.

Yea sure I'm whining.

You are whining. Playtime doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

4 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Well I'm a beta player with round 3k hours in the game and Railjack finally made me quit the game with how buggy and unfinished it was.

Yea sure I'm whining.

I have to ask.  Since you quit the game, then why are you here on a forum for the game?  If you truly quit, then you would also have quit the forums.  So.......the next logical assumption is that it's to whine.  

Help me understand if I'm wrong about any of this.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 3