(PS4)SolarPhantom82

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

the removal of stamina,

12 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

limited  stamina

Were you around for stamina? It was near-universally disliked, and nobody cried when it was removed. The game is better off without it.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

the countless damage buffs to both Warframes and weapons

Some of this I can get with, there should be drawbacks to using a flamethrower against literally everything.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

reduced speed and Cover system

Did you know that Warframe already has mechanics that encourage the opposite of this behaviour? You get damage reduction for rolling around like Sonic, and evasion for being a bird who never touches the ground.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

using Conclave based Mods and stat balancing, in a PvE environment

In theory, this could be great. In reality, limiting the power of mods people can bring as well as the number of them just gives rise to an even stricter meta. Removing "required" mods though, I'm all for it.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

But if you only intend on mindlessly yelling and aggression, this post is not for you.

Its about You

Finally, this kind of insult will only bring such people crawling out of whatever corners they were hiding behind, waiting to strike at such things. I wouldn't recommend using these kinds of tactics to convince them to leave, you only make them more aggressive.

Ah another thread merged into one big thread. I'm not even sure the two threads were really related. Kind of a stretch moderators. Anyways you've successfully killed the point of my post on the topic so i'll just edit that out there.

12 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Just got thread merged here from an entirely unrelated discussion.

Cheers moderator. Totally inexplicable chaotic neutral move.. You do you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Edited by Skaleek

Or you can remove / tweak your own mods from your warframe and weapons and start doing missions, bring friends who also wants to have a challenge and you're good to go.

Perhaps i was a little vage in the OP warframes Playerbase is not dying not even remotely.

Take Call of Duty as an example

It holds a very strong playerbase

But with almost every new game the core of CoD weakens evermore.

Why is it in this case the players fault? Warframes community is seen as toxic and hostile by many, even other tenno. every time i visit the foums i see people attacking one another over what game mode they want to play.

And many times I would play an eidolon/Orb hunt commonly meet players who believe them self above any other who wanted to have fun.

Why did. Steve get so excited to see Vets returning to play railjack

Why did these OG Tenno leave in the first place?

Was it perhaps, the game they fell in love with has changed so drasticly over the years?

Furthermore i know my idea of a solution is mostly unliked thats why im encouraging YOU to also come up with your own ideas and share them here. Id love to see your ideas. (Dark sector was not the best idea, just a starting point)

Thank you for your intrest in this post.

Edited by (XB1)N00BICIDE777
minor misspelings

1 hour ago, (XB1)N00BICIDE777 said:

Why did these OG Tenno leave in the first place?

Warframes community is seen a toxic and hostile my many even other tenno.

I think that kinda explains itself

On 2020-01-11 at 8:58 PM, Fl_3 said:

All DE has to do is nail a few patches and fix the things that are making the players unhappy. They can't fix everything right away, or indeed fix everything, But, when you show people something and they're excited for what they see, for example, the 2019 Tennocon Railjack gameplay reveal and then drop the boring, grindy, unbalanced, RNG laden piece of trash with none of the promised features that we received just before Christmas, or the boring, grindy, RNG dependent Kuva Lich system before that you can understand why people are being negative.

First thing first, it's a demo that is completely separate from the main game for tennocon reveal. So many demo are too good to be true and seeing how they keep devstream regularly, they're being too transparent with the system and they should show less next time

Second, we still get some things between the first reveal and release. If DE went completely silent and give us nothing in that 2 years and this is what we get, I would say it's not worth waiting but since we still get things from Jovian Concord, Wisp, Hildryn, Gauss, Grendel, Orb fights, etc, they don't have the full focus for railjack which for some reason the community forget they exist for some reason just to make it like DE doesn't work on anything else

Third, boring and grindy is personal view. I myself liking kuva lich for the Chakkhurr with radiation for its power, coupled with 100% gore chance from Amalgam Ripkas True Steel for a gib fest which I really love gibbing anyone in my field of view (ripping them to pieces is an immense pleasure)

Fourth, with how bipolar this community is, where they can say DE should keep things with polish and bug fixes before release and say DE should release them ASAP and let them find the bugs for DE because "content drought" on the next second, how would you deal with that? 

Fifth, with how people joke about the bugs, what do you think will or might happen if they shove it all in one go? I believe you would get hurt so badly

Last thing, people are complaining the enemies are too strong etc at the first time, what do you think will happen if the void storm enemies on earth proxima are being stronger than the earth one when you go there without thinking even when DE put the warning about void storm enemies being stronger than its surroundings? I'm sure people would fill this forum with crying threads because they can't one shot the enemies when it's already warned and people don't read at all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Might want to change up that topic name.

No where in the topic name dose it says it's dieing. ..  but it ant growing ether. ..

Railjack seems like it's own separate game of a genre I never wanted to play in the first place. It's possible other players have similiar views and why the numbers have dipped. 

I don't enjoy flight simulators like this, so for it to be such an integral part of Warframe  now is an issue for me. Being a "space ninja" is why I stayed, this whole pilot/crew member thing could be why I leave. The grind of it all has been nothing but frustrating as everything I build requires something else to be built. Then the waiting and acquiring resources. And apparently I have to repeat those steps another 4 times just to get the ship built. All of that just to join others players in slogging through what appears to be an even worst grind experience when the ship is done. 

I wasn't participating in RailJack cause it was fun, I just didn't want to give up on what I'd already invested in Warframe. But the nail in the coffin for me was learning that there was some story content walled behind this game mode. As much as I like the game, there's a lot about it I've accepted to do without because of ridiculous rng or plain disinterest. The main story and majority of the game was still accessible at the least. But if future important content is going to walled behind Railjack I've no reason to keep playing. My hope is that Railjack becomes something optional at the least.

Edited by (PS4)FatMacBrbn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Literally last year at tennocon. The dev streams and the talk by the devs leading up to it. It's much more but Im not invested in wf as much as I used to to go care and search how I would. I apologize for that. 

I watched it then and I've watched it later, I've never felt the hype over it because it just wasnt polished enough and felt like something still very much in development. Heck the lich in there even made me go "is that all we will get?" when I actually realized it was a the "kingpin" and not just some random galleon boss they encountered on the way to the lich.

I remember taking a break near the start of this thread. Kinda funny looking back at all the people saying that it will be back in the top ten before long.

Yikes.

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

I remember taking a break near the start of this thread. Kinda funny looking back at all the people saying that it will be back in the top ten before long.

Yikes.

It reentered the top 10 several times.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)FatMacBrbn:

I wasn't participating in RailJack cause it was fun, I just didn't want to give up on what I'd already invested in Warframe. But the nail in the coffin for me was learning that there was some story content walled behind this game mode.

I think it is safe to assume "The Old War" will continue where this story ended - in Veil Proxima. So we might end up with a great new story walled off by Railjack. 

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It reentered the top 10 several times.

Path of exile has taking its place, dont think it will be back in top 10 unless New war is good...  heres hoping...

6 hours ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

Railjack seems like it's own separate game of a genre I never wanted to play in the first place. It's possible other players have similiar views and why the numbers have dipped. 

I don't enjoy flight simulators like this, so for it to be such an integral part of Warframe  now is an issue for me. Being a "space ninja" is why I stayed, this whole pilot/crew member thing could be why I leave.

I feel the same way. I built a Railjack and did all the dojo research, I just don't have any interest in it. Even if it wasn't 25 exterminate missions, had meaningful upgrades instead of rng drops, and wasn't created to look pretty first and attempt to balance by trial and error second, I wouldn't want to play.

AW was tolerable because it was so isolated and you could just mash circle to get through it. I think DE probably won't/can't integrate flapjack into everything, which even though I'd stop playing would be a shame as Warframe has the potential to be a better coherent game if the will was there.

Anyway, it's interesting to follow along to see what happens. :)

• Like 2

I first started playing the game 6 years ago and I personally like the updates. They're working hard on rebalancing the game and adding new gameplay features.

Warframe overall felt way too easy at some point starting from a few years ago. The enemies lacked character, ammunition was abundant and everything was one-hitted with ridiculous over-the-cap damage. The times when enemies were dangerous to the characters and ammo was running out forcing the player to use really risky melee were really enjoyable to me and my clanmates.

With the last rebalancing done to the weapons such as Arca Plasmor, Fulmin, some Kitguns, the melee system and so on everything looks like it's going to be way more challenging in the future, and no longer a permanent easy mode theme park with inflating, crazy numbers flying everywhere.

When the Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna were added I noticed something awesome - the new level 30 enemies were both stronger and better equipped in terms of different things they're doing while engaged in combat than the classic enemies you encounter on the generic spaceship missions.

All of this makes me feel confident that if they keep up fine-tuning the game they'll surely appease at least to me and the other folks who enjoy a fair amount of challenge.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 1

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets. I can't see how any new player once they understand the farming mountain they must climb does not uninstall the game and never look back. At this point I am having fun playing the railjack missions so I will continue but I know full well if I want the ideal railjack setup and all intrinsics leveled its going to be very unfun getting there. There is a severe balance issue of grind vs fun in this game it needs to be addressed and should be the top priority.

il y a une heure, (PS4)oblivion_13test a dit :

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets. I can't see how any new player once they understand the farming mountain they must climb does not uninstall the game and never look back. At this point I am having fun playing the railjack missions so I will continue but I know full well if I want the ideal railjack setup and all intrinsics leveled its going to be very unfun getting there. There is a severe balance issue of grind vs fun in this game it needs to be addressed and should be the top priority.

I agree with this. It's literally doing the same sabotage mission (i.e. kill, infiltrate, hack, destroy) for a tremendous amount of hour against tedious bullet sponge just to be able to change a weapon or have another "power" (whether it's a passive from intrinsincs or an active as a battle or tactical avionics). Add to it a time gated mission that make player misbehave to optimize their very own drop chance. And conclude with punishing rng for same items as an additionnal layer of grind.

There should have more variety in missions and least an equivalent of "hydron" in terms of farming intrinsincs, mk1 and mk2 weapons should be cheaper and faster to craft, their should be less rng in components, all archwing should be viable as fighter killer, and front gun should be a viable way to destroy a crewship...

• Like 1

It isn't going to rise back up because of me that's for sure.

A total of ZERO friends were interested in coming back once they found out what railjack really was. 

• Like 4

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)oblivion_13test:

The grind might be getting overwhelming even for vets.

Yep indeed. Even with drop chance and rate booster I struggle to get certain resources. I have lost interest after about two weeks because of the new strange rng walls and the almost identical mission on all nodes. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (PS4)SolarPhantom82:

Path of exile has taking its place, dont think it will be back in top 10 unless New war is good...  heres hoping...

If The New War builds on the Erra quest (shedu bp) than it wont be accesible to new players. If The New War is walled off by railjack then the biggest quest since War Within can only be played by veterans. That will not get them any new players or rising player numbers. 

Edited by k05h
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, k05h said:

I think it is safe to assume "The Old War" will continue where this story ended - in Veil Proxima. So we might end up with a great new story walled off by Railjack. 

They can’t be that stupid can they, we have lotus helmet in our personal quarters.

And they wouldnt want to cut off newbies from it, I bet you will have had to complete the war within…

I think the new war will just add and new sentient tileset and railjack world map ..

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

42 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

They can’t be that stupid can they, we have lotus helmet in our personal quarters.

And they wouldnt want to cut off newbies from it, I bet you will have had to complete the war within…

I think the new war will just add and new sentient tileset and railjack world map ..

Personally locking folks out of that part of New War until they do Erra seems like exactly the kind of path DE will take to me at this time. Sorta like Eyes of Blight if you didn't have a powered up archwing and archguns from before the event started, you weren't likely to contribute for those first few days, for the questline part, yeah it would stand to reason there too.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Personally locking folks out of that part of New War until they do Erra seems like exactly the kind of path DE will take to me at this time. Sorta like Eyes of Blight if you didn't have a powered up archwing and archguns from before the event started, you weren't likely to contribute for those first few days, for the questline part, yeah it would stand to reason there too.

DE are all ready skating on thin ice with me.  If they did this.  Id look at the time it's would take. .and tell myself. .   I'd rather play the whole of witcher 3 and DLCs in the same time.  And just nope out of the game. ..

• Like 4

Just now, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

DE are all ready skating on thin ice with me.  If they did this.  Id look at the time it's would take. .and tell myself. .   I'd rather play the whole of witcher 3 and DLCs in the same time.  And just nope out of the game. ..

Who am I kidding ?  I could finish Days gone too  😂😂😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Hopefully, I am wrong with my feelings.