Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

The update crashed my launcher and I have nothing to do atm (Re-downloading the game and submitting support ticket). Figure I'll just start this thread instead

I've been asking myself why the heck am I still playing this game. I started around 2016, took a year break from the game (which I thought I'm not gonna come back to the game) and yet here I am. 

It used to be RL friends that kept me coming back, but now idk tbh..

So, I'm interested on what keeps you playing the game until now?

Perhaps I can find mine in your answers

MR 28, 1600 hours here. I don't actually played the game now, I just logged in for login rewards.

Honestly, I don't really see the point to play this game until they fix it. You can see how low we dropped on steam most played games. We are always top 10 and now we are 12. I have switched to monster hunter icebrone since it release.

Honestly, right now I actually have an answer for the moment. I started playing with others. Decided a couple days ago to just queue up public, had a mini panic attack while loading, but then it was interesting. Seeing how different people play compared to my previous 2500 hours being solo since day one. Seeing a new player in an Earth fissure hopping around, being scared when Stalker or something comes after them.Although, those buddy doors are frustrating haha. 

I don't do Lich's. I don't do Railjack for now. I stopped doing Eidolons and I almost forget the orbs in Orb Vallis exist. The past 2 days have just been sorties and fissures over and over and it's like I'm playing a new game. If only we get an option to not be a host -_- I'm scared every time I'm host since I know my internet isn't good. I don't want others to lag because of me.

Edited by --Brandt--

Out of all the games I have played in my life, this is the one that is closest to what I would make as a game as well as how it is distributed.

Imagine if Call of Duty was free to play, all DLC was free or able to be gotten in the game by playing the game, and they gave you customization you could do to make each area if the game yours? Instead, we get a yearly game that cost 60+ with microtras actions and P2Win items (still pissed about those in Ghost).

The artistic aspect is spectacular for a sci Fi ninja in space game. Then you get powers on top of that. Then different factions instead of just 2 sides. Then you have exploring areas to find hidden rooms, cat statues, ayatan, rare containers, and over 100 weapons to combo with others. Add to that a sci fi story that is interesting as I am rooting for the Frames to get their slave strings cut from the Void Demons and to watch as DE keeps pushing the Void Demon as the hero of the game.

The many things that you can earn by playing or watching. Seeing different people play the game for different reasons. The growth it has done over the years. The potential it has for the future. Seeing if this will get more frames than Iron Man has armor. Sticking with a game that says to me, "Welcome home" after playing games since Atari 2600.

There are many other reasons I play and continue to play this game. Some are above and some my own reasons I keep to myself. But no matter the reasons, the game has been my go to for entertainment and fun with the chance to assists others getting to my level and finding their own reason to play.

(I think I answered this in an earlier forum post, but I can't remember). I started around a month after the Switch version came out, but knew of it at around the time of their Closed Beta (?) release (my brother was playing it and I thought it was okay, but, among other things, I wasn't interested in playing because it wasn't on a Nintendo system (I prefer gaming on Nintendo's systems. Sue me).). Heard about it again when I saw this link (god I hate this website, but it's where I found out about it):  https://mynintendonews.com/2018/07/07/video-warframe-nintendo-switch-reveal-trailer/.

At first, I just played because it was on the Switch and I expected to stop it after a couple of weeks (like I've done with Fortnite, Dauntless, Pokémon Quest, DCUO,... pretty sure you're noticing a pattern so I'll stop...), but after learning more about the game, the community, the developers and story behind the company, the fact that they're Canadian (I'm Canadian), I guess it all comes down to support and assistance. I support them. There's not a lot of Canadian companies that have a lot of impact with the gaming community and to see that DE is there on the map makes me feel proud and I want to continue to support them. Yeah: they've done some stuff that I find questionable sometimes, but I've never been at a point where I've hated them so much. As for assistance, I like helping people, but except for a couple of situations, I've never felt like I could actually make an impact. Here, at least in the Switch side of things, I've spent a ton of time in chat answering questions, helping out newer players, and giving out tips (I struggle to do it in the forums, though, since people are very quick to answer questions).

In the end, this has become my favourite Switch and one of my favourite games overall. Before, it was Paladins, Smash Bros., then any indie games I want to play + any PC games I have (I have very few). Now, it's mostly Warframe (and trying my best to play Smash and Paladins, but I sometimes fail). And honestly, while I'm fine with it, I want to play other games. I know that many people have said they get burned out of the game or that there's content drought and stuff and all I can say is that I wish I was in that position (not in a bad way, but it's taken up too much of my gaming time).

So tl;dr: it started purely because it was another Switch game for me to play, but after more knowledge, Canadian pride, a willingness to support them, and the feeling that I can actually help others and make some kind of impact. So that's my answer, I guess (sorry for the long answer).

(Oh, and Fashionframe. If I'm bored of playing the game, Fashionframe and designing my (solo) dojo will keep me entertained for quite some time.)

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93
Added something at the end.
  • Like 1

I haven't been even though it's my favorite game.  Liches aren't fun and I hate railjack.  If railjack is gonna be the center of all updates or too much good stuff is put in it's drop tables it might be time for me to say goodbye.  Oh well nothing lasts forever and I have a huge backlog because of this game.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Lol Tem..Tem.. lol 😅 TemTem was out pacing WF by at least 1000 players on steam. Just lol. 

Unless you can tell me advantages from playing through steam other than tennogen, I'm not playing through steam and stay out from that player count

Almost 2000 in-mission hours in and I still havent had enough. Dont get me wrong, I play other games too, mostly crafting/survival type stuff, but Warframe is the game I can come to and feel god-like, and crush billions of foes with funtastic sparkles and flares. Fast paced action (bullet jumps!) and explosions (looking at you, red barrels). Theres always something to do, and before I know it, its already been 6 hours. It's a nice distraction, and I have a blast playing it, even repeating some of the older content I havent touched in a while.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

TemTem was getting just as much play as Warframe. Tem Tem! That's some real embarrassing S#&$, advantages, using steam to play or not. 

That early access pokemon lookalike? Let's see how long that will last

Also, that doesn't answer why should I play through steam since that means I'm not in the steam chart, the chart doesn't have the full count of players

• Like 1

My goal lately has been to slowly chip away at content that's been locked behind an extreme grind wall/time sink for me for quite a while now. Luckily, I realized how useful Equinox's Duality can be, which has been a huge help in going through it all solo.

I was rank 2 or 3 with Cetus and Fortuna syndicates for I don't know how long because I just could not be bothered to run the same bounties over and over and over. I've just been doing odd missions here and there though and just this week I finally maxed them both out. It's taken so long that I actually forget some of the rewards I was trying to access by doing it, but now I finally have access to Profit Taker which will eventually net me the Archgun atmosphere thing. It's incredibly annoying that you need that in order to use the Gravimag, since we got a Gravimag for free a while back. I guess the end goal there is to finally get gyromag systems to start ranking up with Little Duck and get better amp parts.

Also did far too many Index runs trying to farm credits for a Railjack, but I finally did that as well. If Duality wasn't a thing, I honestly probably still wouldn't have a Railjack because the Index is just awful. First couple missions were extremely rough since you basically don't get any resources to, y'know, prevent your ship from exploding, but after the first few runs, resources became much less of an issue. Been researching upgrade parts, though I'm starved for pustrels. Probably need to start attempting harder missions for better yields, but Railjack is hardly what I'd call a fun solo experience. Definitely looking forward to the release of that "Command" intrinsic that will supposedly add an AI crew(?). Also put the time into researching the Amesha since it's a highly-defensive archwing, hopefully it'll drastically improve my survivability in Railjack missions, but I've yet to test it out.

Other than that, I'll sometimes spend an hour or two just testing builds in the Simulacrum. So much of the game is focused on the grind these days that it's nice to just experiment with the combat and see what works.

Give me a game with the same amount of mobility, variety branch of game play from ground shooter to space ship battle, lots of weapon variations from normal AR to wacky one like homing rocket rifle or microwave pistol, massive power where you can wipe a room with an arm wave, and free

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Plains of Eidolon ore mining is an alternative if you can do perfect score in mining

Higher tier Railjack components require thousands of pustrels, mining them all would be impossible. Railjack missions sometimes give large pustrel bundles, I just need to figure out the best place/way to get them.

Edited by Ailith

45 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Unless you can tell me advantages from playing through steam other than tennogen, I'm not playing through steam and stay out from that player count

Doesn't matter, their point is both the trend and count. Steam is probably the major lead generator and major point of organic discovery for Warframe on PC. They don't publish anywhere else on PC, as far as I know. Highly unlikely for active steam gamers to use steam, discover and install warframe, then use warframe without steam, when they probably have more stuff in their libraries and Digital Extremes actively promotes tennogen.

If anything, non-steam numbers are probably worse with roughly the same trend, since they would be the minority. Reverse that question, there's no incentive to play without steam, once you are on steam.

• Like 2