(PS4)SolarPhantom82

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

but as it's my first run I have a lot of things to do without feeling that I am farming in auto mode like in the content I like in Warframe.

Until you try to min-max and trying to get those quest weapons which unfortunately I find nothing useful other than weapons with rampage perk in it

Ive been playing since 2015 because the game is good and fun. simple

You can feel the lower player numbers every day now. For the 2 last added parts (Kuva Lich & Railjack) I dont even find public groups. I cannot remember that this ever was the case.

I'm concerned!

• Like 1

I’ll just put this out there. She basically said he could kill her at the end of the year, but some one should inform him it’s still murder under the law. Don’t make the mistake of that guy who wanted to kill and eat some one then he found some one who wanted to be killed and eaten. Now the poor chap is in prison.

13 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

No, I didnt. You need to read what I wrote. I said that that it was unusual for Warframe, and clarified this several times to you.

But that is the thing, it isnt. As I said previously, the unusual part of it all wasnt the dips and peaks, the unusual part was that it took so many years for WF to hit that point. A point most other games hit after 6 months. The inevetable is not unusual, because it cannot be avoided so it was expected to happen and perfectly normal when it finaly did.

13 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Actually no not every ftp game does this and while it may seem common practice because it's a free to play game to have the luxury to put it down with no feeling of regret dosent mean numbers should or always that skewed. Right now we see a decline in players and generally speaking If we're crunching the numbers is less new players playing and vets returning to try out the update in the cases. Wf has a terrible new player experience and alot of content just dosent hold vets over so there will be a drop until.... Well hype for the next updates. Between that time period however very little new engagement is there. At least from my educated guess. 

Of course we see a decline in players. That isnt the point. The point is the fluctuating numbers, those are normal and is a common occurance in all f2p games since it is based around content releases and the gaps between them. The general exception are PvP games because they dont rely on content the same as PvE based games.

And while you claim new content doesnt hold vets, well old blood and empyrean shows the opposite, since old blood attracted a good chunk of vets that according to the monthly numbers stayed (and increased slightly) throughout december and the empyrean update. Whoever expected us to see two seperate increases in player number just cant be taken seriously since the two came so very close together and both were targetting the same audience i.e veterans. There just wasnt a time period for people to drop and be pulled back in by the next release. So those two updates saw the same retention time as most releases, which is around a month. And that applies to most PvE games when content is released, few are occupied with it longer than a month. WoW went through the same, though instead of dropping the game a month after that new-car-smell content release, people were afking Orgrimmar, Iron Forge or Stormwind. And that lasted for a few months till the new release came and the cycle repeated itself.

Could retention per release be better in WF? Sure. Is it bad or unusual as it is? No, not at all.

I like this game in the first place and that is a major reason to play it. The second reason is the game have funs if you handle it right, so not over farm yourself and just try to focus on other aspects of the game. If you not enjoy a game then there is no reason to play it, the rest is just projection. You can say you stay because you invested, or loyal to the game, or likes the design, likes to kill mobs etc but the foremost is to enjoy what you have.

I still find enjoyment in this game and playing since the start of the open beta. 

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

But that is the thing, it isnt.

Come on, you're doing this deliberately. It's obvious.

In a game that has consistently grown year by year, an upward trend is thus "usual".

A year with a downward trend is "unusual".

I couldn't give 2 licks of a cows nostril about other F2P games, I'm talking about Warframe. I think that's the third time I've clarified this to you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

They should probably just shell out for a consultant that can do good survey design and customer research. Don’t do this stuff in-house.

Totally agree. The game design direction is influenced by the current model of feedback which was praised but not helping since late 2018. If the feedback loop doesn’t work, it should be outsourced. DE tries to balance the game but many fun factors and the original spirit of Warframe and that fluid feeling of the game are totally destroyed and replaced with Updates and nerfs that try to make Warframe some other games. Some players are leaving to protest the direction of the game development.

Mostly just softball questions without going into detail. So the interviewer described Liches as personalized Enemies that are effected by your actions. But its just the Frame you kill the Larvling with that changes the Lich after that its just random. They didn't real talked about the big problem with Kuva Liches that the gameplay loop is always the same grind of murmer farming without being a real personal nemesis.

3 hours ago, zuraja said:

If they want accurate numbers, they should just have the survey come up when you log into the game.  I remember Dark Age of Camelot doing that eons ago.

Another issues is the “numbers” and “statistics”. Players preferences are not cold numbers. Too many updates and balances are based on these cold numbers to destroy the fun. Players don’t like changes that negatively impact what they are already used to and love to use. Why can’t new updates enhance the best things players love and enjoy and improve what was weak and bad? 

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

The people who follow Steve on Twitter

Hold the phone, it was a Twitter survey? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

That is all.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hold the phone, it was a Twitter survey? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

That is all.

It wasn't a Twitter survey, but it was only shown through a tweet. But yea, that is all.

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It wasn't a Twitter survey

Well, if the place the survey was announced was Twitter and thus the main audience for it were Twitter users, then it's a Twitter survey in my book. :tongue:

They're more likely to make money in the long run from western players if they simply make GOOD content. Instead of a psychologically manipulative grind.

When a new content update drops, I instinctively parse through the patch notes looking for the "catch". There's always a paper thin transparency to any given piece of content. This is the reality of playing warframe. 

Everything has a catch that prevents you from truly enjoying it. Everything right down to the games reward system. You don't even get rewarded for your efforts. You have to build your own rewards and wait up to 3 days to get them after the fact.

Every little system in the game is designed to slow or halt our progress. The content is so shallow it can't sustain itself without artificial gates and padding. 

I challenge them to make a piece of content that isn't driven by a psychological f2p manipulation. Release a MEATY and traditional content loop and people may actually be willing to spend as a reward for good support.

I've put enough hours into this game despite hating a lot about it. I'd be willing to pay for a premium membership if it meant more and BETTER content. I would have no issue paying monthly to supplement the non-spenders.

I wouldn't even want any special perks for it either. People that pay should remain equal. I would be happy with a seat on a community design council so my voice and money is actually heard.

6 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

I would be happy with a seat on a community design council so my voice and money is actually heard

For that you need to be "an active part of the community" or something.

Seems more like names are drawn out of a hat though.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Come on, you're doing this deliberately. It's obvious.

In a game that has consistently grown year by year, an upward trend is thus "usual".

A year with a downward trend is "unusual".

I couldn't give 2 licks of a cows nostril about other F2P games, I'm talking about Warframe. I think that's the third time I've clarified this to you.

I wasnt refering to the downward trend to begin with, I was refering to the peaks and lows that became more visually present at the end of 2017. Still I'll bite and touch the downward trend subject too.

While the downward trend can be seen as unusual, it is really only the case if you look at the game in a vaccuum. Even if WF would just even out and neither gain or lose players it would still be unusual due to the upwards trend that has been with it since release, that is if you look at it in a vaccuum. In reality it isnt unusual, because a game will not grow infinitely except for the total playerbase. One could say that the unusual part is really that the game has constantly increased in active player numbers over the course of 4-5 years, since that is far more eye catching when you look at gaming as a whole. We also arent talking about increases from small numbers into slightly higher, we are talking about quite high numbers that have increased to even bigger numbers constantly over 4-5 years.

You cant look at a game (or anything else for that matter) in isolation, it will not give you a proper grasp of what is actually happening or how it holds up in relation to the norm or other titles/products/whatever.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

One could say that the unusual part is really that the game has constantly increased in active player numbers over the course of 4-5 years, since that is far more eye catching when you look at gaming as a whole.

You could, certainly.

But I wasn't talking about gaming as a whole, I was talking about Warframe. You were talking about gaming as a whole, not me, it isn't and wasn't pertinent to my posts.

And yes, I'm looking at the player counts in isolation. We were discussing Warframe's playercount, just because I'm not joining in on your random tangents doesn't mean I'm wrong to do so.

If something continually goes up and suddenly starts to go down, that is unusual.

2 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

I would be happy with a seat on a community design council so my voice and money is actually heard

be nice if that was a thing.

I just have 2 things to say since this interview was a whole lot of empty speech imo.

1st: Only 28k people replied to the survey. If they wanted a well distributed feedback from many different players, they should have put this on all platforms.

I completly missed it although i log into the game frequently, follow Devstreams and am pretty active on the forums..

2nd: Out of those players ~40% voted Liches (one of the two biggest updates of the year!) the worst Update of the year.

At the same time they said in one of the last Devstreams that they dont plan to make any big changes to Liches besides minor fixes.

Lets wait and see if they change their plans.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

Warframe's Ambitious 2020 Plans:

not to lose all players :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Rebecca called Anthem good.

#WarframeIsDying.

#DevsAreOutOfTouchWithTheCommunity

#GrindYourLovedOnes

#GrindHarder

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Everything has a catch that prevents you from truly enjoying it. Everything right down to the games reward system. You don't even get rewarded for your efforts. You have to build your own rewards and wait up to 3 days to get them after the fact.

But, there's no need to get better rewards later. Your chroma won't become obsolete just because you find another chroma with better stat/perk, the one and done model

3 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

I challenge them to make a piece of content that isn't driven by a psychological f2p manipulation. Release a MEATY and traditional content loop and people may actually be willing to spend as a reward for good support.

question is, what is your definition of meaty and traditional content loop? Is it loot with random bonus? A chain of lengthy quests to get one legendary weapon? Long, stretched out boss battles for a so called raid drop? What is it?

Top of the list should be faster content updates instead of weekly hotfixs more weekly updates new railjack weapons 2 just isn't enough 

15 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Rebecca calls Anthem good

That’s disqualifying right there. That kinda thing will knock you right off the Forbes list. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe