Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

An hour to get 13 new weapons? I would like to see how you do it.

An hour to get A weapon. Meaning one out of possible 13. 

Each time you get a new one the next are going to get progressively harder due to RNG and if it's something you don't want, which it likely will be you are stuck doing the whole process over again. Which again takes a hour. 

As for everything else. Warframe vs Destiny... the games aren't competition for each other, they in fact compliment each other their gameplay is drastically different. 

Edited by Fire2box

25 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I got 4 hours out of D2 before i got bored as they allready put you at lvl 50 so i  didnt get a single level in 4 hours as its allready maxed out. I don't count gear score as that raid stuff and I dont do raids.

And many people don't like being forced into paying to use stuff in free to play games which very likely is why most steam users aren't even past MR5 or something low like that. 

With Destiny 2's "new light" they made new players able to catch up to their friends who've played D2 since launch. But somehow I doubt you'd complain that your friend starts Warframe with over 12 warframe slots and 80 weapon slots if DE changed how much people start with. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

personally, i used to love this game, played it basically all day every day, then there where changes that slowly turned me off the game over time.

i understand i might have an unpopular opinion, and that im just an old player bikering, hiwever i do still think this is a good game and could be so much better.

i started getting burnt out around the time they removed tower keys and added relics. I understand that relics where a nessesary change, but i did really enjoy going on a 1hr tower 4 survival and getting all the prime loot without much fuss, even if i got a lot of trash, it helped with getting stuff from baro, and i always had lrime parts to trade, now, you NEED relics to continue a survival mission, if you run out, your cant keep faming prime parts. I didnt really like this much, mabey im alone in this.

Another thing i didnt like was when they removed trails, Getting on for LOR and JV with my clanmates was something that really kept me coming back in to the game, regardless of how i felt about it, and at the end of the mission, youd get an arcane, and you had a good change or getting a good arcane, and you could sell that arcane for a good bit if plat, now its eidolon hunting, for someone just getting back into the game, i think getting the amp and even a group willing to let you in on the hunt as a noob was just a bit booring.

all the nerfs, saryn, vauban removing draco, all those kinda just added up my displeasure over time, they clearly made the game a LOT grindier over time

then you have changes like the new melee 3.0, i quit when it happend, i really disliked it. i get it, it was to simplify the game, but this is warfrane were talking about, i dont think pandering to the new players that much is such a good idea

and now making plat is a lot harder then it was before, nobedy buys parts or sets as much, getting a set now nets your almost nothing, i know, oh hes just some poor idiot who cant buy plat, thing is i have bought plat, even when i already had a lot, and i bought a prime accerory pack, i wanted to support the game

i just think they are going the wrong path, and listening to the wrong people just my personal long winded take on why the game is falling out of the limelight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

An hour to get A weapon. Meaning one out of possible 13. 

Each time you get a new one the next are going to get progressively harder due to RNG and if it's something you don't want, which it likely will be you are stuck doing the whole process over again. Which again takes a hour. 

Doesn't sound too different to other "sustainable content" on other games, you will grind whatever the mission is to get the one item you want.

Let's take Galliard-42 XN7568 as an example since we have destiny 2 brought into this. I want to get one with

- SPO-28 front

- Armor piercing rounds

- Dynamic sway reduction

- Rampage

to get this one set of perks out of 2,646 possible combinations, I would take 2,646 runs in theory for a chance to get one and not guaranteed so what's so different with kuva weapons? Looks like DE were taking notes from other games sustainable content and noe we have this kuva lich system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

And many people don't like being forced into paying to use stuff in free to play games which is why most steam users aren't even past MR5 or something low like that. 

I could see the lvl 50 being a opt in if you are a current player starting a new character and want to get to your friends. But as a new player I got no friends at high lvl so what the point of putting me there making me skip the whole game.

• Like 1

I think players were hyped for the new content and then realised how bad it actually was, or better - how bad it was implemented.

The liches themselves are boring as can be. They annoy us with their frequent transmissions and remind us to kill them finally by stealing our loot. We still create new liches, hoping for that one Chakkhur, Khom or even twin stubbas with a great 60%ish roll. And we all moan when we get another 25% duplicate and leave the lich alone - until stealing our loot becomes too much of an issue and we hunt him down.

The liches are neither the "great nemesis" (the fights are boring and if the liches didn´t have completely unfair 1-kill mechanics, they wouldn´t be any more difficult than a Nox) nor are they a great addition if captured. We grind them for the few weapons and maybe even ephemeras, but those could have just been added elsewhere in the game instead.

A Lich should be an undead, intelligent, mystical creature, transformed by dark rituals into a magic commander of his minion armies. This lich should have his own area that he creates and controls and we, the players, should need to fight through HORDES of his minions to finally get to fight him. I imagined a "lich fortress", similar to the kuva fortress where we start at mission A and fight our way, maybe with different possible routes, until we reach the top and can then defeat him with all the information about his weaknesses and strengths we gained from fighting his armies. Something like a real assassination-challenge, for example we would find out that he is only vulnerable at night and only by arrows and fire. And that he would have an energy drain aura and ....so on. Something like a riven challenge, but tougher. And IF you finally defeat that lich, you can loot his treasure chests and not only get the stuff back that he stole from you but also a big chunk of random loot, taken from all the droptables in the game.

But what did we get? A joker that randomly jumps into our missions, oneshots us and others and finally just dies like a fly when we have grinded long enough to guess a random combination of symbols. And then we get a probably rather mediocre duplicate of something we already had and nothing else. Instead, we lose those symbols so we need to grind for them again.

And you wonder why people stopped playing? What a riddle.

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, (PS4)nikobellic1985 said:

and now making plat is a lot harder then it was before, nobedy buys parts or sets as much, getting a set now nets your almost nothing, i know, oh hes just some poor idiot who cant buy plat, thing is i have bought plat, even when i already had a lot, and i bought a prime accerory pack, i wanted to support the game

Don't worry on this update you can buy 7 different color pallets (because the 21 or so we already have aren't enough), an single armor set and mods that are free from relics for the low, low cost of 875p or something like that. And don't you dare try to buy them piece meal, because that's not a thing. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 4

50 минут назад, (PS4)Mono-Pop сказал:

Vex crit spots are in the middle of their body, and are vulnerable to different weapons. Cabal troops have thruster packs and can glide across the arena.

Yeah, yeah, I mentioned the weakspots of the Vex. Thrusters of the Cabal are genarally equivalent to Vex and Taken teleports and Fallen sprint and go into 'evasive maneuver' slot, only varying in annoyingness level.

53 минуты назад, (PS4)Mono-Pop сказал:

Different factions attack with different elements and they can be exploited in different ways.

Just like we have in Warframe, eh?

I mean, not gonna lie, AI capabilities in Destiny 2 are goddamn impressive. I was geniunely surprised when I noticed that wounded enemies of Cabal begin to retreat hiding behing landscape. Cabal doggies try to surround you and Fallen really try switching covers instead of sticking to that one fence like it's their property or something.

But I'm yet to see a game where enemy factions are more different than in Warframe, especially considering they are almost all regular humans not some colorful humanoid-alien sh**.

DE did a great work with that cr**py AI they had to make every of the factions stand out, you can't deny that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Doesn't sound too different to other "sustainable content" on other games, you will grind whatever the mission is to get the one item you want.

Let's take Galliard-42 XN7568 as an example since we have destiny 2 brought into this. I want to get one with

- SPO-28 front

- Armor piercing rounds

- Dynamic sway reduction

- Rampage

to get this one set of perks out of 2,646 possible combinations, I would take 2,646 runs in theory for a chance to get one and not guaranteed so what's so different with kuva weapons? Looks like DE were taking notes from other games sustainable content and noe we have this kuva lich system.

I play Destiny 2 and even I don't know what any of that chicken scratch means.

But as I said before if you don't like Warframe don't play it, just don't complain about it because you are obviously wrong. /sarcasm. that's what a lot of "There's nothing wrong with Warframe" users are like here. 

Edited by Fire2box

2 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Yet you failed to notice or refuse to understand that none of DE's past misgivings/ mishaps never boiled down to what this update slammed on the table, minimization or, worse still, removal of player agency and DE's complete disrespect for many vets's time investments to non meta weapons and mod grinding among others.

People are treating this as how it should be treated. It's a divisive update, one that saw many vets or old players or content creator to refuse to play the game until it is sufficiently updated to a more enjoyable state. 

And therein lies the problem as well, your stance in the matter boils down to indifference, I.e. all you brought to the table is.... nothing. Just metacomplaint that downplays the issue as if ignorance will bring about change for the better when vivergate and hema debacle shows that with enough outcry then there can be change for the better.

The jab is that you can claim anything (including whatever job you claim to have) as true/fact on the internet, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there and take you at your word.

And the divisiveness seems silly in the long haul, because most of the craziness is coming from the melee side of things.  The 'ripping off of the bandaid', as it was put on the devstreams.  Which is exactly what it did.  It flipped the meta, and people are reacting poorly trying to find something that works.  Some of them, anyways.  It's weird having been around this long, and seeing what's been 'business as usual' for Warframe for quite a long time being turned into these apocalyptic, click bait, end of teh gaemz threads on general chat.

Kuva lich is grindy.  Dupe weapons aren't the most ideal thing, but your investment into one doesn't go to waste anymore if you get a better one, at least.  The game is constantly changing via hotfixes and updates.  The click bait, and incorrect title of this thread doesn't even matter in the long run.   

And minimization to vet's time investments?  Mod grinding?  We did it once, we can do it again.  The goalposts shift, and we shift with them.  What's going on here is people over complicating relatively simple problems, and making mountains out of molehills.  The idea that DE is somehow 'disrespecting' us, like its some sort of personal attack is just... it's not just baffling, it's juvenile.  I don't even know why I'm getting this heated about the topic.  Perhaps because I'd love if more people exercised common sense over the internet.

And I'm just realizing that that last line might be the funniest thing I've written all night.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I play Destiny 2 and even I don't know what any of that chicken scratch means.

But as I said before if you don't like Warframe don't play it, just don't complain about it because you are obviously wrong. /sarcasm. that's what a lot of "There's nothing wrong with Warframe" users are like here. 

People keep saying they want challenge, endgame, sustainable content, now they complain when they have one from DE taking notes from other games.

I'm obviously wrong? Tell me, where is my mistake? Or it's just some empty "you're wrong" words I've seen whenever I'm questioning someone?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

And the divisiveness seems silly in the long haul, because most of the craziness is coming from the melee side of things.  The 'ripping off of the bandaid', as it was put on the devstreams.  Which is exactly what it did.  It flipped the meta, and people are reacting poorly trying to find something that works. 

1. lichs take at least a hour to destroy. capturing them is pointless as they are useless and can bug to actually kill you. 

2. kuva weapons take 5 forma to fully master and most of them require only half that to fit virtually every noteworthy build upon. 

3. the melee rework only gave out what 3 forma. with another 3 locked behind missions that took 10 mins each.

4. lichs stealing index credits, mods like condition overload, relics including the ones which are a pre-requisite to kill said lich. DE has "fixed" this by limiting what it can steal. But now at this point it's just stealing 5 endo here, 15 traces there. The stealing has no purpose and never did asides making players ticked off. 

5. locking 7 new color palettes into the highest priced bundle the game has seen to date which only come with an armor set and the lich spell mods which can only be used 3 times each.

6. floods sometimes not dropping relics which is still ongoing. 

i'm sure I might be missing stuff people are upset about apart from Vauban being "well he's better, but he's still not good" 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Warframe has been dropping in and out of steams top 10 since Destiny 2 went free to play. This update didn’t bring players back. I’m worried this update did more harm then good..  Lets hope the new war and Empyrean are Great… But how long can the player basic wait. And will the wait be worth it. ? https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

That's because Warframe hasn't had any major upodates in a while, and the players are finally catching on to how little content has actually been released in the past year.

Old Blood is good, fun content, but it's not particularly game-changing, (no, it didn't do harm), and other games are obviously doing much better right now on the whole. Borderlands 3 just came out, FFXIV has their new expansion, MHW's latest expansion is still pretty fresh... and of course D2 has their new expansion (keep in mind that only the *BASE* game of D2 is free, not the new expansion).

Warframe, meanwhile... hasn't really changed much. People who've played this game for a long time have little reason to log in right now. We're just waiting on Empyrean.

Add in all the older players with their knee-jerk reactions over the melee rework because they're too damn stubborn and set in their ways to realize how to use the new system screaming about how it's actually a nerf, when it's not... and yeah, Warframe is not likely to top any charts for a bit.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

The jab is that you can claim anything (including whatever job you claim to have) as true/fact on the internet, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there and take you at your word.

And the divisiveness seems silly in the long haul, because most of the craziness is coming from the melee side of things.  The 'ripping off of the bandaid', as it was put on the devstreams.  Which is exactly what it did.  It flipped the meta, and people are reacting poorly trying to find something that works.  Some of them, anyways.  It's weird having been around this long, and seeing what's been 'business as usual' for Warframe for quite a long time being turned into these apocalyptic, click bait, end of teh gaemz threads on general chat.

Kuva lich is grindy.  Dupe weapons aren't the most ideal thing, but your investment into one doesn't go to waste anymore if you get a better one, at least.  The game is constantly changing via hotfixes and updates.  The click bait, and incorrect title of this thread doesn't even matter in the long run.   

And minimization to vet's time investments?  Mod grinding?  We did it once, we can do it again.  The goalposts shift, and we shift with them.  What's going on here is people over complicating relatively simple problems, and making mountains out of molehills.  The idea that DE is somehow 'disrespecting' us, like its some sort of personal attack is just... it's not just baffling, it's juvenile.  I don't even know why I'm getting this heated about the topic.  Perhaps because I'd love if more people exercised common sense over the internet.

And I'm just realizing that that last line might be the funniest thing I've written all night.

No... the divisiveness is widespread.... from how DE lazily introduced "difficulty" in Grendel's mission, how buggy uninspired and egregiously padded out old blood is along with melee 3.0. 

DE seems to be focused on old blood nemesis mechanic atm so there's less heat there meanwhile people either have done and forgotten grendel mission or just don't bother with it and melee 3.0 remains the one that isn't looked at by DE. I.e. it is the one where people's issues remain still so of course the dang outcry remains. See the causality here? Can't just selectively pick out facts that points your way but disregard others that contribute to it.

Except the fact that these hotfixes ARE THE RESULT OF PLAYER FEEDBACK AND OUTCRY. To say they dont matter at all only goes to show how closeminded or ignorant you are to the causality here. DE SPECIFICALLY made changes to the oldblood's nature of progression and reward BECAUSE of these kinds of threads exist. The correlation is there, you just need to accept it instead of denying it.

We did it once, we might not want to do it again. It's demotivating to see years worth of loyalty and investment be chucked down the drain like this. To assume that everyone will be onboard with an endless cycle of demotivating and ultimately unrewarding loop of "we've done it and we can do it again" only goes to show that you are indeed going full force on ignorance is bliss creed. 

People complained about old blood system's duplicate weapons BECAUSE of the same thing. Demotivation from lack of sense of progression after prolonged investment will only cause frustration and people will inevitably look for alternatives that DO respect the individual's time, loyalty, and investment. 

The idea is only juvenile if you never really earned anything with proper effort. People have life to tend to; jobs, family, friends, health, etc. Whatever spare time we who chose to be loyally invested in this game over the course of 6 years being dumped out the window with 1 update is a slap of disrespect.

Even if it's not on a personal level, it's still a move that disrespects a large enough group of people to show a decline in the active playerbase. 

Downplay this and ridicule others at your leisure if it does make you feel better in that high horse of yours but it is what it is.

You're so heated over this cause you're in the same group of people that "lack common sense over the internet" evidently.... Otherwise you wouldn't be this heated since you're so "indifferent" on the matter.

And congratulations, you've managed to laugh at your last depreciating sentence ergo you effectively are good at self depreciating humor, so kudos there lad.

Edited by Tsardova
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

The idea that DE is somehow 'disrespecting' us, like its some sort of personal attack is just... it's not just baffling, it's juvenile.

I really really love that you said this. So many entitled players across the internet now, not even with just this game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

capturing them is pointless as they are useless and can bug to actually kill you. 

That's probably not a bug.

If your Lich has the quirk Paranoid, it'll happen. When you're fighting against one with the quirk, they'll actually sometimes kill their own units. But once you convert it, well... sometimes they'll turn on you.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

9 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Except the fact that these hotfixes ARE THE RESULT OF PLAYER FEEDBACK AND OUTCRY. To say they dont matter at all only goes to show how closeminded or ignorant you are to the causality here. DE SPECIFICALLY made changes to the oldblood's nature of progression and reward BECAUSE of these kinds of threads exist. The correlation is there, you just need to accept it instead of denying it.

Only because they knew they had to. Or even worse they made it worse from the outset intentionally so, that people can be like "Nah see they fixed it, they listen".  Meanwhile when Fortuna launched there was a topic about time gating mastery rank and it was never met with a single reply from DE ever. Despite the fact it was the most viewed, highest comment of the fortuna feedback section. 

The only time anyone from DE talked about it was because Tactical Potato directly asked Sheldon on a VOIP interview and only because Tactical potato's community asked him to.

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

You're so heated over this cause you're in the same group of people that "lack common sense over the internet" evidently.... Otherwise you wouldn't be this heated since you're so "indifferent" on the matter.

And congratulations, you've managed to laugh at your last depreciating sentence ergo you effectively are good at self depreciating humor, so kudos there lad.

Hardly.

Why are you still responding to me if you have any common sense?  Been waiting for you to quit for a while.

• Like 1

Just now, Shinigami_Greed said:

Hardly.

Why are you still responding to me if you have any common sense?  Been waiting for you to quit for a while.

Exactly, i don't know why anyone deals with a person who just refuses to have an honest discussion. 

Dm_Bvv-WsAAf0tE.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Exactly, i don't know why anyone deals with a person who just refuses to have an honest discussion. 

Dm_Bvv-WsAAf0tE.jpg

Nice try, we both know there's nothing honest over the internet.  Everything is tweaked to fit a certain narrative that someone wants to push.  Tis what this sort of discussion tends to devolve into anyways. 

Sounds kinda like this, most of the time, honestly.

Edited by Shinigami_Greed
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

-snip-

I will go through each one and basically tell what I thought of each of them while reading

1.1. Fair, lichs are a bit of a time commitment so I some people might not have the time to hard grind it. Though a lich a week for a year is probably good enough as is, and a much more passive way of dealing with em.

1.2 This one actually is not a bug but a quirk! which they actually tell you (though it could explain a little better what each quirk actually means so if you were to counter argument this with that, don't bother I already understand that). That reddit post if you read the comments proves that you are wrong. The quirk is paranoia and on the wiki is says it kills fellow Grineer, but there is a good chance as it basically makes him a neutral unit and kills any allies or enemies.

2. I mean fair, normally I would say just forma your favorite but it does have mastery on it. so I'll just leave this one.

3. I am just going to quote my reaction to this 1:1, "Oh no, 10 minutes."

4. for the most part I do not care about the stealing mechanic, I get everything back anyways. so go ahead, steal 750k creds from me. Though I guess I am in the minority that plans on letting them tax me for a couple of months to a year just to see the reward list afterword. Also he is a villain, he should be ticking you off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Honestly of all complaints I have seen from this update from all of the forums I have seen, this is the most true one of them all. Most of them do not even look to far different. I hope the split the rewards and remove the Requim mods from the market in general.

6. Bugframe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extra: Look, I've never had fun with Vauban beforehand. This could be that in general his kit was just boring and I did not take a chance with him, now they added new stuff, specifically the orbital strike, I took another look at him. Which I guess is something to think about, sometimes pulling in a person in interest of one ability to learn he likes another ability sooo much better is not a bad thing. Orbital strike, fun gimmick of flying in the sky as an habachi attack helicopter. However, thanks to orbital strike (for how bad it is for damage), I got to mess with Vortex a bunch more and man. I love vortex. So I guess simply put, because of the rework I am more willing to play him? Fun is my main thing, Meta is not really in my dictionary as a person who mained Nezha on release. Though this part is just opinionated so I don't expect you to agree with any of it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Hardly.

Cause I do have things to say on the matter after having stuck with the game for 5 years plus WITH findings based on common sense compared to you who is just here to s**post while acting high and mighty?

4 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Nice try, we both know there's nothing honest over the internet.

So you're dishonest as well then eh, considering you're so invested to reply as well. Good to know you're genuinely good at self depreciating humor there lad.

10 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Only because they knew they had to. Or even worse they made it worse from the outset intentionally so, that people can be like "Nah see they fixed it, they listen".  Meanwhile when Fortuna launched there was a topic about time gating mastery rank and it was never met with a single reply from DE ever. Despite the fact it was the most viewed, highest comment of the fortuna feedback section. 

Finally, someone who speaks English.

• Like 2