Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

What part of "please don't be disingenuous" did you not understand?

So peak concurrency is not concurrency because it's in the name? And you're hoping English isn't my native language? Alright, we're done here. This is just Guzmantt-level trolling at this point from you.

Peak is just peak, adding the word concurrent to it is redundant, because it by default shows a concurrent number isolated to that peak. It does not reflect the concurrent number of a day/month which on a steam chart would be shown "best" by the avarage number. We can see how little a peak reflects the avarage number by just looking at the charts. Peaks are probably the least interesting statistic.

I also brainfarted in one of my previous posts. It was ment to say "total number throughout a day" regarding the BD thing and right before that part it should not say "concurrent number for the day" just "number for the day".

And one thing I'm curious about regarding steam charts, do they actually show all regions on a graph? It looks very odd because there is only one peak per 24h period, shouldnt there in reality be atleast two since the game is international? Or does it show a simulated graph based on all regions? Peak hours are afterall around 8 hours apart per continent.

Edited by SneakyErvin

18 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

In other news, Destiny 2 has been kicked out of Steam top 10 and a lot of people are playing Wolcen.

jim carrey hip thrusts GIF

Playing Wolcen? You mean getting past the error messages. 😛 

I'm just gonna wait till they sort out all the issues since it is less stable than it was in beta. And they've barely fixed any of the really annoying bugs from the beta. Pretty amazing though seeing a game sell like Wolcen when it has barely had any hype or marketing.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Playing Wolcen? You mean getting past the error messages. 😛 

I'm just gonna wait till they sort out all the issues since it is less stable than it was in beta. And they've barely fixed any of the really annoying bugs from the beta. Pretty amazing though seeing a game sell like Wolcen when it has barely had any hype or marketing.

I don't think 127,542 people can just find a random game on the internet without marketing or hype. How did you find Wolcen exactly? You are a PoE player and someone suggested it to you on forums or in chat, am i right?

It wasn't that uncommon for Warframe back in the days too. There were a lot of people who would suggest to play Warframe, especially in free-to-play games. Is that a word of mouth that does that?

Edited by 32768

2 minutes ago, 32768 said:

How did you find Wolcen exactly?

I mean I remember Wolcen being covered by some youtubers quite a while ago, plus this game (as well as grim dawn and poe) got their hype mainly because diablo 3 turned out to be a giant dumpster, diablo immortal (a mobile game outsourced to a chinese company) was announced during blizzcon and that blizzard in general is a giant piece of **** with no hopes left of making a good diablo game.

Plus quite a few folks (me included) got burned out from playing Path of Exile. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but once you start playing it seriously you realize just how abusive it is. No amount of RNG, grind and bugs in Warframe come anywhere near close Path of Exile. Meta shifts are absolutely crazy, one patch can make several geared characters (hundreds of hours of grind) turn into complete and utter garbage to the point where you can't even resell their gear for good money if you were unlucky.

I've been looking around for another game to play given I'm just bored of wf at the moment and I'm looking to take probably several months off.

I found Wolcen randomly on youtube in a review by SkillUp who's normally pretty fair.  Looked great, I  thought this could be the one, my next obsession.

Then I discovered it's only on pc.

Then I was sad.

On a brighter note though, given they've got something like 30-40 staff it looks bloody great and shows what can be done with a small team.

13 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

And made by 13 people. They focused on what really matters instead of hyping the game.

I wish that was true. They have a much larger crew now and they have really not focused on what matters. The game has poop performance online, same poop performance since beta. Horrible netcode issues with massive input lag. It just isnt acceptable to have half of your hits in an attack not registering. D3 had issues with the launch, but the game worked perfectly when the servers werent crapping on themselves. Just as PoE has its issues still but the combat has atleast worked since day one. I do hope the Wolcen team can fix it, but I honestly have little hope since nothing changed for the better between beta and live. My biggest question is, why did they go with Cryengine when UE is available free for small indie devs?

6 hours ago, 32768 said:

I don't think 127,542 people can just find a random game on the internet without marketing or hype. How did you find Wolcen exactly? You are a PoE player and someone suggested it to you on forums or in chat, am i right?

It wasn't that uncommon for Warframe back in the days too. There were a lot of people who would suggest to play Warframe, especially in free-to-play games. Is that a word of mouth that does that?

Well they did, because it has been seen pretty much nowhere. People from the beta have even said it, that the game will fail because it lacks all forms of advertisement. Though I guess the initial sales helped aswell as ending up on the Steam front page with good reviews from the beta. Sadly it is a mess in 1.0.

I found out about it way back when it was still called Umbra, like 4 years or so ago. Then someone mentioned it here on the forums regarding something else around christmas '19 at which point I picked it up since it was effectively 50% off compared to the full release price. Had I known what I know now I would have probably waited until the next christmas sale on steam.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They have a much larger crew now and they have really not focused on what matters. The game has poop performance online, same poop performance since beta.

My mistake, they've grown to 33 people and I don't play online since I already have PoE for that. It's a great filler until PoE2 / D4 and perhaps will get better once these two arrive.

I think the Railjack update will pay off when they get more of it out. With the next Sentient and Corpus event updates discussed on the previous devstream I think this is where we are really going to see what the vision really is with Railjack. The initial release is just establishing the building blocks.

I think just getting it out and fixing the bugs is what the plan was and then build on it from there. I think these events are where your gunna see some of the playerbase come back as it appears Squad Link is a major component to the Sentient Update. 

I see The New War being a series of events,something that this game has lacked. The last really new event was on Fortuna last year with the fissures and Optical Vandal. Add in the Glassmaker nightwave theres enough going on to keep people engaged, nightwave a cool and all but the previous event structure is still where some meaningful rewards can be released.

If it's an "actual war" like they say it will be, this is the way to do it. You could see a series of smaller updates with content, kinda going back to what warframe was a couple years ago and what the community has been requesting the dev team went back to doing.

Add in Planes of Duvri which could drop around late fall/early winter and that sounds like a solid year. 

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim

1 hour ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

I used to be optimistic about warframes potential too. Until the day I realized that's all it'll ever be "potential". It's never gonna be anything else other than what it is now. 

I feel you bro, that Ropalolyst who is bugged till today, how long has it been since it was introduced, about a year? Still bugs out like a mofo. They are never going to fix it, aren't they?

This is really scary, what if they are not going to fix Railjack? I quite like the idea of Railjack.

There is hope. They are fixing Liches, maybe they can fix Railjack too.

8 minutes ago, 32768 said:

I feel you bro, that Ropalolyst who is bugged till today, how long has it been since it was introduced, about a year? Still bugs out like a mofo. They are never going to fix it, aren't they?

This is really scary, what if they are not going to fix Railjack? I quite like the idea of Railjack.

There is hope. They are fixing Liches, maybe they can fix Railjack too.

The planet rework is really nice it's my fav tileset (the new sentient ships sweet too) but that boss fight as a whole was poorly executed. I think the Ropalplyst could have been better utilized in PoE or on Fortuna. It had a decent lore bit to it but other then that it had nothing to really offer veteran players. I'm hoping they make bigger variants and put them somewhere in the free roaming areas and create a better boss battle. 

Like I said before I wont base my opinion on Railjack on this initial release as they have alot more coming down the pipe. And it looks like the Sentients are next due to The New War and Railjack looks to have big role in it. Been playing since it released on xbox......I dont have very many games with 7 years of investment into it and I still sign in on a weekly basis (gaming time drastically decreased but warframe fits that time perfectly).

It's not even March yet I'll wait until July before I make my conclusions, I think with games like Destiny 2 going F2P and other games taking attention that they will compete. I'm just glass half full. I have nothing but a significant amount of time invested in warframe so the price of admission is enough for me to keep coming back 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

It's not even March yet I'll wait until July before I make my conclusions, I think with games like Destiny 2 going F2P and other games taking attention that they will compete. I'm just glass half full. I have nothing but a significant amount of time invested in warframe so the price of admission is enough for me to keep coming back 

Warframe is a great game, true free-to-play too, we all want it to be good and succeed. At this point it's an asset for the entire humanity, true work of art, something to look up to (i guess i am fan). We're all worried about it and don't want DE's work to be wasted. I guess it can be seen like this: a Ropalolyst boss fight is better than no boss fight, or a Railjack flying is better than no Railjack flying. So that's a progress.

I'm looking forward for the future patches too.

imo DE allows too much dead space. all my friends r playing other games outta boredom however they love rj (like myself) for the most part. but theyre all 9/10 intrinsic across the board since january. this wouldve been perfect for nw3 release while they finish but they still think unvaulting or new frames counts as content. it pisses ppl off more than helps. the info drought till the other day didnt help either. i get not releasing dates bit come on u want ppl talkin bout ur game n gettin excited. i really like wf and have both pc n ps4 accts. all games have bugs n they dont bother me anywhere near as much as boredom. i think the way they have the next 2 updates plus glassmaker teed up well be having lots to do for a while. hopefully AFTER that it doesnt revert back to months of waiting...im excited tho, cant wait too see whats about to drop.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

So why haven't you quit? 

I don't ever quit anything really. I keep tabs and I just don't play it as often.

After the recent S#&$ty development, implementation and updates and the fact DE doesn't respect players time, I'm not gonna waste my time on Warframe right now. Games like Red Dead 2, MH2, Fallen Order, BL3 I really don't have time for Warframe. And with Ghost of Tsushima, Cyper Punk and the FF VII remake coming I just don't see my self playing anytime soon. 

But with all that being said, one of the best things about Waitframe is you never really miss out on anything and everything gets easier to obtain the more patient you are. So I can enjoy all these great games coming out, and won't miss out on anything in Warframe. So win win. 

Coarse I won't rule out coming back for a bit when a new cinematic drops. But eh we will see. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime

7 hours ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

I used to be optimistic about warframes potential too. Until the day I realized that's all it'll ever be "potential". It's never gonna be anything else other than what it is now. 

Maybe, you can explain what potential you're talking about because what I see is warframe is exploring every potential available from ground based gun fight to spaceship combat before weaving them together

Warframe will release what it will release, they take it one to two projects at a time their current project is empyrean and new war after that planes of duviri after that who knows probably find out at tennocon.  Warframe as a game is something you shouldn't check every day if you have completed everything available, it's something you check every 3-4 months to see what is new really and that's okay.  

To be honest, Warframe doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.. sadly.. 

I'm saying this after playing the game for 4-5 years, and it breaks my heart, but nothing really changed about Warframe since I started. The bugs are still there, the lack of information, the superficiality. They can add as many new maps and systems they want. The core is still the same, and the core is broken.

And, as they recently announced. The New War was supposed to drop in December. It's February now, and not only The New War hasn't been released, but it's not coming for a long time, as they're adding 2 other major updates before we have any information about New War. I mean, let's stop making excuses and call it like it is. Lies and superficiality. 

I've been supporting DE financially as much as I could, every time I could, and I did because, as the other guy put it, potential. But at one stage, potential must become reality, or else it will just become an empty word. In all Devstreams they argue that they care and listen to the players, and yet, on the forums, it's very clear that that is a lie. Not that they're trying, or doing their best. A lie. 

The majority of people are asking for bugfixes for years, tutorials, new-player friendly interfaces, but it's very clear to me now that it will not happen. DE is doing well, they're getting money with their current broken-game, so there's no reason to change. They can carry on making money with the same level of superficiality and bugs, and we will be the only losers. We can't depend on WIKI to play the game, we can't depend on Devstreams to understand the game and the story. We can't depend on other players explaining us the game because DE itself is too lazy and happy to carry on like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

potential

Oh man. Coherent Lore for one. Tons of potential there, but eh we need space battles. Non Dev stream alerts could have been reworked to work along side Chorewave, but nah. 

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

weaving them together

Speaking of which 

(21:02) this vid was over 2 years ago....2 YEARS....Where is it? In the end it will all just be wasted potential. 

Do you really think this will be how everything is linked together? Hope so, but doubt it. Not to mention the 3rd Orb? Is Nef still a threat? Holo lotus, how long have we had dat bish?  Helminth room? Fundamentally we still can't even wield a pistol in one hand and a knife in the other, but nah we need all this other unfinished S#&$. Seriously! Lol I could go on and on and on. 

If you take a step back and look a WF objectively you will see it's really a incomplete mess of unfinished random inspirational ideas with a mountain of potential and zero leadership. It's truly a case of to many chiefs not enough Indians. And it will always be that way, always updating and struggling to stay relevant. 

Right now I'd rather spend my money on a good coherent story, not a incoherent mess with a mountain of potential that can't decide what direction to go.

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime