Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)SolarPhantom82

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

2 minutes ago, CobraCommanderPrime said:

chroma was not intended to hurt himself for more power, that is garudas territory.
to continue to use the method once you know it is not intended is exploiting a broken mechanic. an exploit that was tolerated by the devs as chroma is pretty useless without it haha.

using the method is without question cheesing, just like spin to win going through walls etc. IT HAS TO CHANGE.
chroma needed this change a long time ago.

It is not a “broken” mechanic, its a technique and even if you genuinely thought that then you are saying speedva is an “exploit” too. 

And no, the change Chroma needs is a rework not making him less reliable.

7 minutes ago, LOKOUBA said:

On that topic, isnt Volt vaulted rn?

Doesn't matter...you don't need volt prime.   A potato and 2 forma is all you need.  Trivial investment.

2 minutes ago, LOKOUBA said:

Intended or not these mechanics are harmless and they don’t make Chroma op and dont even make him the ideal frame for hunting. Removing his option to buff VA on his own does no favors to anybody

It's not harmless, it's not good for the health of the game.

You mentioned Monster Hunter (which is also one of my favorites, been playing since PS2). How long do you think that franchise would have lasted if using "bombs" to activate heroics gave you such a huge attack bonus you could one-shot Fatalis...oh and your still basically immortal even with reduced health, fun right?

I commend you for finding a method to hunt Eidolons so efficiently, but DE needs to nip this sort of thing in the bud more quickly in the future. Speed runs in MH are usually impressive for the skill shown by the player, speed Eidolon hunting usually involves an impressive amount of cheese.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's not harmless, it's not good for the health of the game.

You mentioned Monster Hunter (which is also one of my favorites, been playing since PS2). How long do you think that franchise would have lasted if using "bombs" to activate heroics gave you such a huge attack bonus you could one-shot Fatalis...oh and your still basically immortal even with reduced health, fun right?

I commend you for finding a method to hunt Eidolons so efficiently, but DE needs to nip this sort of thing in the bud more quickly in the future. Speed runs in MH are usually impressive for the skill shown by the player, speed Eidolon hunting usually involves an impressive amount of cheese.

Again, Chroma doing this doesn’t even give him an advantage over other frames, it allows him to keep up with other meta frames on 5x3+. How is that harmful?

With monster hunter, you have a point. spamming heroics being the optimal speed run method makes these speedrun look somewhat ridiculous.. but its another PVE game too so who truly cares, really? Anyway, this isn’t a monster hunter discussion.

16 minutes ago, LOKOUBA said:

it allows him to keep up with other meta frames on 5x3+. How is that harmful?

5x3 shouldn't be a thing. Eidolon hunting should be available at any time and encounters should take longer than 2 minutes IMO.

42 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

It doesnt matter at all if there or other games doing things better or worse than Warframe - this has no direct impact on how much fun i or other players have in this game.

Actually, it does.  If Warframe isn't retaining the players that it needs to function, things like what DE is trying to do with Crimson Spear aren't going to work because there's not a sufficiently large population to MAKE it work.  That's the point a lot of us are looking at when taking a broader view at the competition.  If there's enough competition to cause a drop in playerbase (or DE shooting themselves in the face), then it's going to cause Warframe to fail because Warframe isn't keeping up with the competition.  The ancient viewpoint of looking at Warframe in a bubble isn't helping things here.

I wonder why De works so hard to destroy our trust and faith in them. Always changing and destroying what we put time and energy into. You would think that they would learn to do due diligence on what they put out. If I ran my company the way they do I would soon be out of business. They should stand behind what they put out. Just my opinion 

Just now, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

They should stand behind what they put out. Just my opinion 

Refusing to ever acknowledge what you create might need improvement is a terrible attitude to carry on life

Can you be a tad more specific?

35 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Not my implication, but that of the person I'm quoting. I've been around long enough to know that such statements are absurd, hence my illustration of it being one that has cropped up many times before, and that each and every time it has been proven categorically wrong.

If anything, Warframe actually dying is going to be more of a death by a thousand papercuts than someone going...

th?id=OIP.vCAW8q0hrfBDykMFyku-2QHaJ4&pid=Api&rs=1

DE increasing the grind is a direct response to a playerbase that constantly devours what they make faster than they can make it, then whine about there being nothing to do.

We need repeatable content that is fun to do, or long duration content that has a reason to stay in it for more than four rounds.  Disruption is a good example of this, but we need more stuff, and something that's like a PvE race which pits two squads against each other.

Or has the constant stream of identical threads complaining about "Content Drought" already been forgotten? How fickle.

Again, this goes to management as you (ideally) want to have several content pipelines that can drop content at least 2-3 times a year.... but preferably quarterly.  And no, cosmetic fluff is not content.  But personally, I'd rather have content drought than deal with buggy content that has been promised for over two years.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

5x3 shouldn't be a thing. Eidolon hunting should be available at any time and encounters should take longer than 2 minutes IMO.

Self damage removal does not stop them it only stops Chroma from doing them. 

Oh lovely, another post of criticism that doesn't even specify as to what is being criticized. Brilliant!

Woah, wtf! How does LOKOUBA thread get merged to "Warframe drops out steam.."? It's not even remotely close to to that.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So in other words, you've got a bunch of hopes and dreams, but no real data.

Which is a huge design problem, as you can't have a game mode where one archwing rules them all, otherwise it's gonna get nerfed like the Itzal.

Which, again, goes to show that DE isn't being properly managed as this system should have been looked at as there's a freaking archwing catapult on the top of the railjack.

My point, as it has been, is that you do not demo content using the game engine that is not in the game without it being in a state that you can push it into the game.  Doing otherwise is false advertising.

Just like everyone else. I prefer the wait and see approach over chicken littleing it up in da house.

So? I'm not sure when they actually said archwing would get a revamp for Empyrean. I guess they wanted to see how AWs were doing before actually changing them, since in all other game modes where AWs are present all have been viable, except for traveling across the open worlds.

IMO it is better that they wait until the mode is properly balanced for the RJ and then work on AWs to fit in. If they had overbuffed them prior to empyrean people may have never used to RJ, which was a new thing they wanted feedback on. Everything gets better tweaking if done in smaller portions where feedback can focus on just a few specific things. Hence why liches and a AW rework would have been counter productive if added into the first playable version of empyrean since too many systems would interact with eachother at a time. Now atleast they'd gotten the feedback that "AWs are bad mkay", so they have a starting point. It was already bad enough they started to tweak archguns prior to releasing empyrean.

No really it isnt. We had a demo in 2018 of railjack aswell, alot changed since then. What they've shown in both cases are their visions. Visions they've had since before WF was even released. The tech available now lets them actually make those visions come to life. False advertising would also require them to sell us something and just delivering parts of it. Last I checked none of us have bought anything that has to do with empyrean. False advertisement would be if they sold something like PA and left out the cosmetics or other things when it finaly arrived.

31 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

**wall of text**

If you're not going to bother to properly format your response, I'm not going to waste time trying to figure out which part of your response goes to which part of mine.

Also, all of this should have been immediately obvious from testing because it's so simple to reproduce the archwing issue... just jump out of the railjack and die.

6 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

If you're not going to bother to properly format your response, I'm not going to waste time trying to figure out which part of your response goes to which part of mine.

It goes paragraph to paragraph. Some people don't like chopping up the comments of others.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

It goes paragraph to paragraph. Some people don't like chopping up the comments of others.

It's stupid simple to press enter a couple of times to break the quote box up... it's just laziness really =/

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Why are you here then 

Maybe I read the post? Are you 11?

3 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Maybe I read the post? Are you 11?

If you don't care one would've left at reading. It must've struck some emotion to feel the need to contribute 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If you don't care one would've left at reading. It must've struck some emotion to feel the need to contribute 

*smh* It's always the (PS4) players. This forum needs a block button. Goodbye, good riddance, last response =o)

Just now, SPEKTRE76 said:

*smh* It's always the (PS4) players. This forum needs a block button. Goodbye, good riddance, last response =o)

So you do care it's good to know. Also it's an ignore button but I'd assume your too intelligent with you playing on pc so you'd know such 

I see this thread is now the designated dumping ground of the forum until a time when the mods decide to lock it and spare everyone the trouble.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I see this thread is now the designated dumping ground of the forum until a time when the mods decide to lock it and spare everyone the trouble.

This thread does seem to be the doom and gloomer echo chamber 

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

This thread does seem to be the doom and gloomer echo chamber 

In that case it's probably better to leave it open. At least it's mostly contained that way.