Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

39 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I don't think this update was aimed to bring players back, this was an update to give the existing players something to do during the biggest content drought in the history of gaming.

The update that'll bring new players is going to be New War. 

Negative.

There really hasn't been a "content drought" to begin with.

But, let's say, for a moment, that you ARE correct... That DE had added absolutely nothing resembling new content to Warframe since Fortuna (we know this isn't true bu let's play pretend  for funsies).

In that case, World of Warcraft would have still have beaten it by almost 3 years...That's what a content drought actually looks like.

People who that throw the "content drought " card here are bored/burned out and have opted to blame their boredom on the game instead of being honest with themselves and admitting that they are bored/burned out of the game.

If more people left, instead of just complaining, DE would have a better read of what took priority.

Nobody can tell when complaints are meaningful nowadays because everyone spends all their time complaining.

It's like The Boy Who Cried Wolf except, instead of just one boy, it's the whole village instead.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, HyperDiver said:

The only reason no one runs counter to your arguments is because people are busy enjoying the game.

That is one of the most hilarious excuses i have ever seen.

Most of the veterans I know actually came back to lich hunt

Then why are you hiding behind an alt account if this is true?

Edited by Ephemiel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flameduel said:

I mean, not entirely. They are about half an half, they fix important bugs, and on release of stuff they usually spend a week to refine it if not two if it really had a bumpy start. Yet they have a track record of going back to fix stuff, but when they do it usually is because they are adding more stuff to it as well. I recon it's because the people asking for new content is generally louder than the people asking for stuff like that to be fixed, and so this happened. new content. made to be played for a couple of months and not a week. They are polishing it, there will probably be a patch later today with some fixes as well.

DE in INFAMOUS for releasing buggy content and ignoring big bugs for MONTHS, so i have no idea what you're saying here. They've even DElayed content, with the excuse being that they're ironing out the bugs, only to have it release broken and buggy anyway.

They have a track recording of going back to fix stuff? Are you new here? It took them till NOW to fix the reverse Nikana animations after they were seemingly removed for YEARS. It took them till NOW to rework Vauban and Ember after they were useless also for years [with Ember being their own fault because they didn't want a Frame dominating the lower levels while happily making Equinox, Mesa, Nidus, Nezha and Octavia].

Why do people keep saying these lies just to defend DE like they were your family members? They release buggy content constantly, they seem more focused on showing off Lightning 2.0, Shadows 6.5/10 and stuff like that than actually release content. I refuse to believe a company with hundreds of members who are solely focused on one game take a year and a half to release ONE Deluxe Skin for TItania. You want to defend them, then that's fine, that's awesome, but don't throw out lies like "they fix stuff quickly!", "they actually listen!" when it's pretty much a meme at this point that they don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I don't think this update was aimed to bring players back, this was an update to give the existing players something to do during the biggest content drought in the history of gaming.

The update that'll bring new players is going to be New War. 

Overwatch is going into a content drought for at least a year until Overwatch 2: actually just an expansion pack.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Negative.

There really hasn't been a "content drought" to begin with.

But, let's say, for a moment, that you ARE correct... That DE had added absolutely nothing resembling new content to Warframe since Fortuna (we know this isn't true bu let's play pretend  for funsies).

A year absence of new content is definition of a content drought, so there is nothing to "assume" or " pretend" here. It is pretty clear cut and dry.

In that case, World of Warcraft would have still have beaten it by almost 3 years...That's what a content drought actually looks like.

Well first off, it is pretty funny that you took me seriously. For me to be able to objectively say "biggest content drought in the history of gaming", I'd literally have to play every single game or go through the trouble of making a research in the case of the former it is impossible, in the case of the latter I don't have that much free time.

Second off, Wow is a 15 year old game. I wouldn't expect it to have frequent content drops anyways. Plus it is an open world game that is much much bigger than WF and much richer content-wise. There is also a PVP aspect, which players can enjoy with no content at all.

Even if on paper it has WF beat by 3 years, you are comparing apples to oranges, the worst way to get your point across.

People who that throw the "content drought " card here are bored/burned out and have opted to blame their boredom on the game instead of being honest with themselves and admitting that they are bored/burned out of the game.

Or there are people like me who have played the game since open beta release and actually have no content to go trough.

Don't dismiss other peoples viewpoints based off your own limitations.

If more people left, instead of just complaining, DE would have a better read of what took priority.

Nobody can tell when complaints are meaningful nowadays because everyone spends all their time complaining.

It's like The Boy Who Cried Wolf except, instead of just one boy, it's the whole village instead.

The moral of that story works if it is just one boy giving false alarms. It isn't a false alarm if everybody is saying the same thing now is it ? 

🙂

edit : 

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Overwatch is going into a content drought for at least a year until Overwatch 2: actually just an expansion pack.

Stop comparing PVP oriented games to PVE oriented games.

In before "Warframe has PVP."

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Stop comparing PVP oriented games to PVE oriented games.

In before "Warframe has PVP."

I was comparing content droughts. Warframe has received multiple pieces of content throughout the year - not always the most meaty content I'll entirely grant that, but content nonetheless.

Still, if you want a PvE oriented game, DMC entered its content drought before Warframe was even released, and left it last year. Yes, that includes the reboot and its DLC. Or what about Kid Icarus, that had 25/23 (devs don't count the Gameboy game, but some might) between releases.

'biggest content drought in gaming' is extremely and unhelpfully hyperbolic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I was comparing content droughts.

You can't compare a PVP game to a PVE game, so you can't compare their content or lack of it.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Warframe has received multiple pieces of content throughout the year - not always the most meaty content I'll entirely grant that, but content nonetheless.

The only bit of "content" it had was disruption game mode and the new boss fight that came along with Jupiter rework, that hardly counts as content anyways.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Still, if you want a PvE oriented game, DMC

What is DMC ? Devil may cry ? 

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

'biggest content drought in gaming' is extremely and unhelpfully hyperbolic.

I perhaps should have said "one of the."

Didn't think people would get so upset over it.

Must have hit the mark, lol.

45 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

People attack Destiny 2 because they are afraid it will kill Warframe. For two years Warframe was taking Destiny players, now the tables have turned. 

Haha...No... Destiny 2 really is a Waframe wannabe. Every time I play that game it always reminds me of how Warframe used to be in the beginning, just the player at the center of the galaxy, pick a planet and a region.

Only difference is, all planets in D2 are like the open world zones that Warframe has now instead of the tunnel/corridor maps it used to have, plus a bit better graphics, that's it. If Bungie were like DE, Destiny would be epic. Right now, it's just a buffed up Warframe Classic.

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

You can't compare a PVP game to a PVE game, so you can't compare their content or lack of it.

adding new stuff to a shooter game where you fight other players is not substantially different to adding new stuff to a shooter game where you fight AI. It's things that you do, and how you do it. It's like that argument that you can't compare God of War 4 to the rest of the series because 4 has RPG elements. It's like saying you can't compare Star Wars to Star Trek because one's science fiction and the other's future fantasy. Genre lines aren't rigid walls, and never have been.

5 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

The only bit of "content" it had was disruption game mode and the new boss fight that came along with Jupiter rework, that hardly counts as content anyways.

And this is the crux of the issue.

People define 'content' by entirely arbitrary lines and definitions, and just demand more and more of different things and complain that it's not 'content' whenever DE adds something they don't personally enjoy instead of elaborating why they don't enjoy it. I've literally had debates with people regarding content where they define lack of content as 'doing the same things in the same place' and then said that Disruption, being a new thing to do in what is functionally an entirely new location, wasn't content.

It's how we get updates like the Old Blood or the Sacrifice in the first place - updates that have great potential but don't build on that potential and lack much of the surrounding elements because DE made the thing and brought out just that thing because people were screaming for more things. The Old Blood's major problems are the exact same as PoE's or the Sacrifice's - it's the core gameplay string of those updates, and nothing else, leading to repetitive, linear experiences that subsequently need to artificially inject grind to make up for the lack of replayability because the thing needed to be out now instead of offering alternate pathways, side content, or even a more well-integrated progression system.

• Like 5

How can people keep comparing this to D2? It's an FPS. There are many of those out there. I don't want to play an FPS. That's why I play Warframe. Many people feel the same.....and if you want to play it, go ahead. Who's stopping you? There is no "you can only play one game" law that I know of

1 hour ago, AshArbiter said:

People attack Destiny 2 because they are afraid it will kill Warframe. For two years Warframe was taking Destiny players, now the tables have turned. 

How did you manage to deduce that it's Waframe players attacking D2 when this thread is evidence of the exact opposite?

If you don't like Warframe then go play Destiny 2 instead.

Stop talking and leave... That seems like such a simple thing to do.

• Like 6

This wasn't a 'big update'. It was a fragment broken off of Railjack, which is what genuinely has people hyped up, to tide us over while the actual update is delayed. There's barely any content in the patch, and what little there is, is very obviously rushed and immensely poorly designed. 

People only focusing on Steam when there is also the SA launcher aswell as the Discord launcher that has been out for a while now. Steam atm probably makes up around 40% of the active playerbase on PC with the majority of the rest sitting on SA and some percentage (5-10%) on Discord.

17 hours ago, Etan-gK said:

I'd simply like to point out that the steam version is the one the data is coming from and doesn't account for people who play the standalone version, so your info is a bit skewed

exactly steam players only account for maybe a third or quarter of the entire pc player base.  I actually never had warframe work right off steam launcher for me but the stand alone one works fine

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Steam atm probably makes up around 40% of the active playerbase on PC

Citation needed. Oh right that's impossible as DE will never give it to you and discord doesn't show player numbers either. So you're just pulling percentages out of literally no where. 

Also you think the biggest gaming platform on PC doesn't matter? ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaniver said:

Haha...No... Destiny 2 really is a Waframe wannabe. Every time I play that game it always reminds me of how Warframe used to be in the beginning, just the player at the center of the galaxy, pick a planet and a region.

Only difference is, all planets in D2 are like the open world zones that Warframe has now instead of the tunnel/corridor maps it used to have, plus a bit better graphics, that's it. If Bungie were like DE, Destiny would be epic. Right now, it's just a buffed up Warframe Classic.

Kinda weird how Destiny 2 has 2-3 times the players of Warframe at any one moment then eh? Or are your thoughts just subjective, not objective?

Edited by Fire2box