Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx and Mind Controlled targets

(PSN)RazorPhoenix970

Enemies aren't too terribly smart and this gets even worse when Nyx decides to take hold of one poor soul's mind and this doesn't help Nyx very much. Could we have a way of doing the following:

1) Setting priority targets for our minion

2) Calling back wandering mind control targets after they followed a shiny particle effect

I'd suggest enemies affected by Psychic bolts to be prioritized by the mind controlled target since Psychic Bolts makes killing the minions former allies a LOT easier.

As for the wandering can there be a set distance they can wander from Nyx before she has to give them a psychic nudge to come back

Lastly and this is a wishful thought but could mind controlled have better accuracy, like way better...PLEASE, thanks

• Like 1

Specter/Thrall/Pet AI is absolutely trash. At the moment Nyx has only one redeeming ability and that's Chaos, because controlling ONE enemy with bad AI, or some armor strip on limited targets or even worse, an AOE damage ability with absurdly low range, damage/scaling are a terrible ability set.

• Like 1

Actually Nyx's skillset is deceptively good, but lacking a few refinements. Since we can charge up mind controlled targets with damage they now have to damage to kill other enemies (provided there's no armor which Nyx easily caters for), so all that's left is for them to know what to shoot. Khora has a similar case with Venari whereby the pet is good is every department except intelligence so its up to the Khora to tell Venari who to go to if the need arises, for example chaining down Demolysts. My point😅 is that bad AI can be worked around somewhat if the player can give the AI some guidance.

Would I like the armor strip to affect more targets, yes. Will it happen probably not.

Absorb's damge is underpowered for some odd reason, not multiplying damage absorbed like most other forms of damage absorption available these days (like Warding Halo, Defy, Dread Mirror, Mallet etc). It also doesn't help that it flat out doesn't absorb some attacks i.e Ropalolyst beam canon and Eidolon energy spikes. The resultant damage bonus on exiting Absorb is good but has a pitiful duration no matter how you mod it, but its still awesome when you have an explosive weapon on hand and it also makes charging up mind control targets more...nice🤷‍♂️ Absorb in my eyes has become more of a damage buff buildup/ cc(knockdown)/ oh crap I'm about to die ability.

Went off on a bit of a tangent there, my bad. Mind Control can be made usable and also Titania deserves an actual rework