Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new war I expect vs the one I'll get

ixidron92

6 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Also true, but you can't stop people from having an imagination(that's a good thing tho 😄 )

Fair. It's not like I don't have any thoughts about what will happen, it's just I'm trying to be reasonable.

I expect we'll visit the Unum's tower because it has story precedence (it heals Sentients of the flaw) and because the bridge recently got collision, after not having any for a long time. There's also a big door in the Vallis, right next to the spaceport and the giant Orokin security node thingy, and also right next to the third orb. Three things that should be very significant but up to now have received no story significance. It's not unreasonable that we might wind up going through there and fighting in that area, and that Orb 3 will be deployed to protect Nef's investments, leading into a sneak-peek for that.

So those are my current expectations, but I'm not basing my hype around them. DE can and have gone in directions that have completely surprised me before, and honestly I'm more excited for the likelihood that my expectations will be completely wrong.

15 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

So, what I expect? Epicness. A sentient invasion event where they'll slowly but inexorably take over all solar system planets one by one despite our best efforts to slow down the invasion.

Spearhead

A sentient fleet is detected in the outer rim of the solar system. After a short mission with a few space battles, we unlock a new starchart region: A massive sentient "ship". The first few nodes will be space battles and then we'll be able to infiltrate this sentient supercarrier, but our attempts at sabotage are quickly repaired, and endless swarms of Sentients prevent any progress from being made.

Invasion

A new invasion alert type: Sentients. They'll slowly take over nodes, removing control from the Corpus and Grineer, starting on the outer planets.

Eventually, the Tenno will form a taskforce (faction with reputation and rewards) determined to halt their advance, only to fail. We'll collaborate with the corpus and Grineer reluctantly during the invasions, but neither faction is able to scramble a solid, unified fighting force or a single front.

The fall of the Tenno

We're overwhelmed, and our relays fall one by one despite our best efforts to defend them in space. Their shields are breached, their superstructure pierced and the sentients simply swarm them. We defend them valiantly on the ground, but fail time and again.

Desperate offensive

Eventually, the Corpus and Grineer ready their heavyweights. We must aid them in the construction of Fomorians and Razorbacks for a change. It's a race against time, and despite our counter attack we only manage a Pyrrhic victory. 

Siege

We're forced to fall back to Venus and Earth. We struggle to find technology that might help us beat back the sentients, and we struggle to form a unified coalition. We scour the Vallis and help the Quills find a solution. Eventually, even our blockade fails. Venus is besieged and the Corpus struggle to defend their last seat of power. With last minute help from the Grineer, Venus holds, but Earth is left vulnerable, as we pulled our forces to secure Venus.

Hope

Sentients land on the Plains, determined to destroy the Unum, our last hope. We fight the sentient heavyweights in the plains, defeating several bosses at a very high cost, and despite our best efforts, the massive sentient remains awake.

In a last ditch effort, the Unum reveals itself as the first Sentient, the Orokin prototype and progenitor of all sentients. Using its vast accumulated knowledge of ancient Orokin technology and sentient schematics, it devises a way to counteract Sentient adaptation, and offers a plan to break Earth's siege. We'll travel to Lua and link the Unum with Lua's mainframe, only to overload the void phase-shift engine in a massive void explosion, wiping out all sentient forces on Earth and its orbit, but at the price of losing the Unum itself. 

With new technology in our arsenals, and the Grineer fleet free, we break the siege of Venus in an epic battle and marshal our entire coalition, retaking lost territories one by one until the Sentients are forced to retreat.

Counteroffensive

Then comes the counterstrike, a new starchart: The Tau system. We attack, establishing a beachhead and advance until we can strike the very heart of sentient territory.

We'll also get a massive 100 player, open battlefield as a permanent feature, that'll continuously present players with new challenges and evershifting territory control. (This is not meant to be part of the storyline)

During the mission part of the storyline, we'll push through the battlefield alongside once iconic adversaries. Sargas Ruk leads the Grineer assault, while the corpus Orb Mother triad spearhead through Sentient lines and into the main sentient citadel, only to face Natah's mother.

Redemption

Once we deliver the final blow, Natah surrenders and brokers peace, offering herself as emissary - a mix between hostage and ambassador. She'll resume her functions as The Lotus, trying to maintain balance between all factions.

What will we probably get?

A new invasion type with no repercussion, a Plains of Eidolon event, a few story-line missions (where Natah betrays the Sentients and helps us defeat her mother), a sentient "planet" (ala derelict - a huge sentient "ship") and a bossfight; maybe a new gamemode too.

Ah, but a man can dream. A man can dream...

Funny enough, we've been teased the new Sentient map for months now, so it's clear that'll be the only real thing added.

16 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

So, what I expect? Epicness. A sentient invasion event where they'll slowly but inexorably take over all solar system planets one by one despite our best efforts to slow down the invasion.

Spearhead

A sentient fleet is detected in the outer rim of the solar system. After a short mission with a few space battles, we unlock a new starchart region: A massive sentient "ship". The first few nodes will be space battles and then we'll be able to infiltrate this sentient supercarrier, but our attempts at sabotage are quickly repaired, and endless swarms of Sentients prevent any progress from being made.

Invasion

A new invasion alert type: Sentients. They'll slowly take over nodes, removing control from the Corpus and Grineer, starting on the outer planets.

Eventually, the Tenno will form a taskforce (faction with reputation and rewards) determined to halt their advance, only to fail. We'll collaborate with the corpus and Grineer reluctantly during the invasions, but neither faction is able to scramble a solid, unified fighting force or a single front.

The fall of the Tenno

We're overwhelmed, and our relays fall one by one despite our best efforts to defend them in space. Their shields are breached, their superstructure pierced and the sentients simply swarm them. We defend them valiantly on the ground, but fail time and again.

Desperate offensive

Eventually, the Corpus and Grineer ready their heavyweights. We must aid them in the construction of Fomorians and Razorbacks for a change. It's a race against time, and despite our counter attack we only manage a Pyrrhic victory. 

Siege

We're forced to fall back to Venus and Earth. We struggle to find technology that might help us beat back the sentients, and we struggle to form a unified coalition. We scour the Vallis and help the Quills find a solution. Eventually, even our blockade fails. Venus is besieged and the Corpus struggle to defend their last seat of power. With last minute help from the Grineer, Venus holds, but Earth is left vulnerable, as we pulled our forces to secure Venus.

Hope

Sentients land on the Plains, determined to destroy the Unum, our last hope. We fight the sentient heavyweights in the plains, defeating several bosses at a very high cost, and despite our best efforts, the massive sentient remains awake.

In a last ditch effort, the Unum reveals itself as the first Sentient, the Orokin prototype and progenitor of all sentients. Using its vast accumulated knowledge of ancient Orokin technology and sentient schematics, it devises a way to counteract Sentient adaptation, and offers a plan to break Earth's siege. We'll travel to Lua and link the Unum with Lua's mainframe, only to overload the void phase-shift engine in a massive void explosion, wiping out all sentient forces on Earth and its orbit, but at the price of losing the Unum itself. 

With new technology in our arsenals, and the Grineer fleet free, we break the siege of Venus in an epic battle and marshal our entire coalition, retaking lost territories one by one until the Sentients are forced to retreat.

Counteroffensive

Then comes the counterstrike, a new starchart: The Tau system. We attack, establishing a beachhead and advance until we can strike the very heart of sentient territory.

We'll also get a massive 100 player, open battlefield as a permanent feature, that'll continuously present players with new challenges and evershifting territory control. (This is not meant to be part of the storyline)

During the mission part of the storyline, we'll push through the battlefield alongside once iconic adversaries. Sargas Ruk leads the Grineer assault, while the corpus Orb Mother triad spearhead through Sentient lines and into the main sentient citadel, only to face Natah's mother.

Redemption

Once we deliver the final blow, Natah surrenders and brokers peace, offering herself as emissary - a mix between hostage and ambassador. She'll resume her functions as The Lotus, trying to maintain balance between all factions.

What will we probably get?

A new invasion type with no repercussion, a Plains of Eidolon event, a few story-line missions (where Natah betrays the Sentients and helps us defeat her mother), a sentient "planet" (ala derelict - a huge sentient "ship") and a bossfight; maybe a new gamemode too.

Ah, but a man can dream. A man can dream...

I applaud your creativity, this would be fun to play, especially with some epic cinematics as "reward". Maybe some tweaks here and there to make it consistent lore-wise (

the Sentients are scared as hell by the Tenno for very obvious reasons, not the other way around

) but a solid good job!

hace 3 horas, ILOHARTA dijo:

I applaud your creativity, this would be fun to play, especially with some epic cinematics as "reward". Maybe some tweaks here and there to make it consistent lore-wise (

Revelar contenido oculto

the Sentients are scared as hell by the Tenno for very obvious reasons, not the other way around

) but a solid good job!

If they are invading it's because they are no longer scared. Being machines, they have calculated a plausible victory. That means they have the means and an strategy to counter the Tenno.

What I expect: 

Tenno unite with the Corpus and Grinner to face the common sentient threat. Go to Tau system to fight sentient on their home front using Grinner and Corpus ships modified with Tenno/void weapons. 

what we'll probably get: "operator sentient's are in ____ sector of the Sol system". just a repeat of ghouls on the plains. In the quest line maybe DE will do another alad V community decision where we either saved him from the infested infection or left him remain infested. Only this time it's to destroy Natah or revert her back to lotus form. 

20 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

TLDR:

Expect is "A complete stroyline worth of single player games which will lock me into it (As in, will not make me able to go to starchart and such ala The War Within) untill the end and change the damn game."

What will get is "The what is actually expected".

Shorter TLDR:

Expect: A standalone story single-player game

What will get: The usual, bartender.

Well The Second Dream was mostly a solo quest same as harrow's quest and war within. These are easily in the top three updates DE has done. Lore wise I'm not sure how many tenno still exist or are active. but it doesn't matter. having a raid/war in the tau system with other players fighting sentient's is just plain fun and can be the higher level content people want. 

11 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

If they are invading it's because they are no longer scared. Being machines, they have calculated a plausible victory. That means they have the means and an strategy to counter the Tenno.

sure that's plausible, as you say. Though, if history taught us anything, is that when a faction gets a widely spread reputation, usually there are solid reasons behind this. I mean, it's the whole "let's invade Russia in winter" again...

• 3 weeks later...
En 12/11/2019 a las 9:16, ILOHARTA dijo:

sure that's plausible, as you say. Though, if history taught us anything, is that when a faction gets a widely spread reputation, usually there are solid reasons behind this. I mean, it's the whole "let's invade Russia in winter" again...

Well, it seems the lore, now that we have the Rising Tide, agrees with me. The sentinels are rebuilding and no longer scared of the Tenno.

Funnily enough there is exactly 1 MMO I know that is building towards a dramatic dynamic war. And it isn't Warframe. That said, know what DE WILL forget? A replay mission button for New War and Chimera Prologue.. because DE never listens to a basic request like that.

16 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Well, it seems the lore, now that we have the Rising Tide, agrees with me. The sentinels are rebuilding and no longer scared of the Tenno.

see, being scared it's not the point: let them "invade" us. Space junk will get a big surprise...