Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have to know. Why are so many people defending the CO nerf like it’s the greatest thing ever?

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

Again no matter how much these mods were or were not nerfed, melee is still extremely powerful up to level 200 (according to some reports) so the only time this even becomes a problem is in ridiculously long survival of which there is zero reason to even do and i doubt just a whole lot of people are gluttonous enough to do it.

• Like 2

IMO Unless you can reliably hold 2 or more procs on nearby enemies to prevent you from having to build up procs on each and every enemy, CO isnt worth it. On weapons that can reach 100% SC with 2 60/60s for example. PPP has been better on pretty much all of the weapons that I use regularly, especially since there are enemies that are just immune to status like Liches.  Since I'd rather not get screwed because a status immune enemy showed up or by procs not happening I'm going to stick with crit based builds, replacing CO with an extra 90% elemental or something.

20 minutes ago, Pandabarrel said:

IMO Unless you can reliably hold 2 or more procs on nearby enemies to prevent you from having to build up procs on each and every enemy, CO isnt worth it.

And the only frame who can consistently do that is Saryn. But if you have ever played Saryn, you’ll know how redundant that would be.

• Like 1

So I'm new to the forums, and haven't ever much cared what people say on here anyways. I love Warframe and that isn't going to change easily. I don't always agree with all of their changes, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played and has evolved more then any game I've ever seen. So I guess my question is this: Does it really matter that this new system is there? Sure, it's changed some things, but obviously there are still plenty of viable builds and options. And let's be honest here, you're all obviously still gonna keep playing the game and find new ways to break it. So what are we really arguing about here? Just to feel like you're right?

Unless you guys are playing with something that proc stats before you hit. You guys are sacrificing a primed elemental mod with 165% toxic for some xiets 60/60 and are getting just more "bonus damage" than a PPP on the 3 hit (if you have 100% status chance), Think about it.

I dunno about stance and weapons procs speedy, Thinking CO is always better than a PPP while you phuck up so many multiples on your damage like attack speedy, more elemental dmg, critical damage just to get that 100% status won't be good.

Edit: Put 2 arcanes fury = 2 proc of CO, try Vigorous Swap too, it is not that difficult to keep it up as it seems, have a Steel Charge? We have a lot of other things that increase bonus damage on weapons.

Edited by MPonder

I still believe DE should have held off on nerfing it, and fixed how enemies scale alongside it then nerf both at once. That way we don't see the charts few people make showing how the new CO plateaus at a certain point. But, that's the issue with DE and fixing things. They wait way too long and nerf things once it's been around long enough to be established in some sort of meta then the community has an outrage which makes sense, the developers took this long to fix something that is way too strong. I'd prefer if it was the old, because it's flat out better and maybe instead make it give less percentage and can only do like, six statuses before capping. Because Warframe is NOT the type of game to make damage additive.

The reason is simple  there is a need to stop the power creap  and give variety to the weapon  take example right now it is not the greatest thing ever but somewhat good  as u can see peope using variety of weapon instead of only three  attrex zaw and reedemerprime  and other  nothing else

4 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both, sometimes none of them (depends on riven and weapon).

true, but idk why people get so triggered by this, i think these kinds of changes are the ones that keep the game fresh, after all, the mod system was made with this kinds of changes in mind, the problem is the people who aren't versatile enough, or get too invested with one play-style.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Casanova SOS said:

So I'm new to the forums, and haven't ever much cared what people say on here anyways. I love Warframe and that isn't going to change easily. I don't always agree with all of their changes, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played and has evolved more then any game I've ever seen. So I guess my question is this: Does it really matter that this new system is there? Sure, it's changed some things, but obviously there are still plenty of viable builds and options. And let's be honest here, you're all obviously still gonna keep playing the game and find new ways to break it. So what are we really arguing about here? Just to feel like you're right?

Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

On 2019-11-10 at 9:42 PM, ranks21 said:

you want a weapon to hit, smash,and cut as hard and as fast as possible, secondary features like status effects (shock trauma in real life) should never be more lethal than the weapon that produces that effect after the initial blow. sometimes you have to pause to wonder  wth some ppl are smoking.

We are space ninja aliens.......this is not real life

And even if it was gass attacks can kill someone far more effectively than cutting off their leg

Lightning can kill a person in under a second

More over we are apace aliens with kinetic shielding, which means kinetic energy basically does nothing until a certain point. So smacking someone with a hammer doesnt do much becayse the kinetic energy is absorbed through shields.

Also if we did what you said weapons like zenistar and silva and aegis would basically do nothing.

5 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

Base damage of all the weapons has increased. The hit-scan has increased aswell. A weapon most often hits several times the same enemy in one movement.

Those are some significant buffs. 

Trading that for CO nerf is absolutely acceptable in my opinion. 

The damage was increased to compensate for the loss of the combo multiplier only. It can’t compensate for both that and CO.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

The damage was increased to compensate for the loss of the combo multiplier only. It can’t compensate for both that and CO.

Do you refer to specific weapons? Because all those I tested worked like magic. I was pretty impressed, especially when I was in different Lich occupied missions with enemies from 80 to 110. They did their job still very well and some better than before.

There was one that did not though. I had a Rabvee one that shredded like there was nothing but cheese. Poor thing cant cut air anymore. Though that wasnt bc of the CO nerf but the cc changes.

I edited it. I accidentally posted before finishing

Edited by 80think08

39 minutes ago, 80think08 said:

Do you refer to specific weapons? Because all those I tested worked like magic. I was pretty impressed, especially when I was in different Lich occupied missions with enemies from 80 to 110. They did their job still very well and some better than before.

There was one that did not though. I had a Rabvee one that shredded like there was nothing but cheese. Poor thing cant cut air anymore. Though that wasnt bc of the CO nerf but the cc changes.

None of that responded to what I was saying. It didn’t even acknowledge it.

On 2019-11-10 at 8:42 PM, ranks21 said:

secondary features like status effects (shock trauma in real life) should never be more lethal than the weapon that produces that effect after the initial blow. sometimes you have to pause to wonder  wth some ppl are smoking.

Right now, I am pausing to wonder what you are smoking.

What you are saying is that if I take a small steak knife or even a box cutter, and slash your carotid artery open that the initial hit from the little blade did more damage than the "slash proc" that is causing you to gush blood at an alarming rate? Riiiiiiiiight.

Maybe you only mean impact damage? Well if I hit you in the head with a hammer, do you think the initial hit from the hammer did the most damage or is the fact that now your brain is swelling up inside your skull what is doing more damage? What if I hit you in the side with a bat, and that impact broke a rib and punctured a lung. Still think that initial hit was the most damage or could the most damage really be that your lungs are leaking air and filling up with blood? Ok sparky, whatever you say.

Edited by No1NParticular31
  • Like 1

Am 11.11.2019 um 03:11 schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

I personally prefer +360% Bonus Damage with 3 Procs than +360% damage with 6 procs, my enemies dont live long enough for me to stack over 2~3 stats on them anyways.

the math behind has changed, you will notice a huge difference when you fight against enemys that can take more than 2~3 hits thou

• Like 1

16 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Again no matter how much these mods were or were not nerfed, melee is still extremely powerful up to level 200 (according to some reports) so the only time this even becomes a problem is in ridiculously long survival of which there is zero reason to even do and i doubt just a whole lot of people are gluttonous enough to do it.

So you admit that your "true math" were actually a "false math"?

Yeah fine, that's okay.

8 hours ago, Test-995 said:

So you admit that your "true math" were actually a "false math"?

Yeah fine, that's okay.

Not even close. What I showed was that the power graph starts higher than before but plateaus earlier so it's not as good for stupid high levels as before but unless you are doing useless all day endless missions it's not going to matter.

On 2019-11-12 at 7:11 PM, MPonder said:

Unless you guys are playing with something that proc stats before you hit. You guys are sacrificing a primed elemental mod with 165% toxic for some xiets 60/60 and are getting just more "bonus damage" than a PPP on the 3 hit (if you have 100% status chance), Think about it.

I dunno about stance and weapons procs speedy, Thinking CO is always better than a PPP while you phuck up so many multiples on your damage like attack speedy, more elemental dmg, critical damage just to get that 100% status won't be good.

Edit: Put 2 arcanes fury = 2 proc of CO, try Vigorous Swap too, it is not that difficult to keep it up as it seems, have a Steel Charge? We have a lot of other things that increase bonus damage on weapons.

A 165% mod also pollutes the damage stat distribution more, leading to less wanted procs. I guess it works on weapons without slash, but as soon as the weapon has a decent slash value the more elemental mods you slot will tank your damage (except versus liches and other mobs that are status immune). Hence why a 60/60 heat mod serves better than a viral combo with 120/150/225% damage after the buffs heat recieved.

Also, most weapons require one single slot for status under the new system, which is the slot dedicated to weeping wounds. There is never a reason to mod for true status since combo is generated so quickly now. So CO is a better choice in all cases except when you face a status immune enemy, at which point you replace it for PPP in that specific encounter, just as you replace WW for another damage focused mod.

And why on earth would you ever slot Steel Charge when we now have access to Swift Momentum that does so much more for a melee build?

• Like 1