Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prowl + Melee = insane energy cost!

iHeuksal

Ivara needs fixing.

TL;DR

Charge/Heavy or regular attacks do consume an absurd amount of energy, during prowl and hitting enemy.

Whenever someone lurks inside prowl and executes a charge/heavy attack, regular attacks, whatnot, people will literally empty their 743 energy pool within seconds, when making contact with an enemy.

I just wondered, how bad Ivara became, and it isn't obviously my fault.

Stationary charge attacks like Machete Wraith's Sundering Weave heavy attack and Gram Prime's forward spinning (Cleaving Whirlwind) also consumes an atrocious amount of energy.

Edited by iHeuksal

For anyone who wants context, Ivara has several different energy drains and limitations imposed on her prowl cloak. Only by using a 3rd party website (like Warframe Builder or the Warframe Wiki), do you actually get to know about these other energy drains.

Warframe builder showing the hidden energy drains (at base value, before modding):

Z1HE6UB.png

So at base, it costs 2 energy per melee attack, so that gets added on with the base energy drain (depending on if Ivara is moving or not, but since she'll likely be moving, it will be the 3 energy per second then being used). These energy drains are not listed in-game on prowl's ability screen too.

Ivara has always had all of these limitations imposed on her prowl cloak, compared to all the other invisbility frames who have no additional energy drains at all since they're not channelled abilities. Looking at Ivara, it seems you are heavily discouraged from melee spamming with Ivara compared to any of the other invisible frames. At some point, earlier in Warframe's development, this might have made sense... back in 2015 when Ivara was first released and 2015 Warframe was distinctively different than current. But Warframe has changed and Ivara sometimes shows a bit of age here and there. Realistically speaking, if players are just finding out about Ivara's extra energy drains while on melee, then it probably just means that people never realistically made much usage of Ivara outside of a typical spy mission to have noticed. I'd like Ivara to maybe get some of her prowl energy drain restrictions lifted because Warframe's entire game play loop has changed to being more fast-paced action oriented, rather than slow and methodical. I'm happy when I see players finally bring Ivara outside of a spy mission, but saddened when they realize they have to jump through a lot more hoops to deal with Ivara's prowl and they're not used to adjusting to such changes compared to other invisibility frames and ultimately end up dropping Ivara as a result. Most never try using Ivara beyond spy missions, and that's kind of disappointing considering she's still technically a versatile frame (albeit, one that is a bit more complicated to use compared to other frames). Some quality of life changes would be nice, at least to encourage the average player to try and make use of Ivara outside of spy missions.

In short, I agree with OP, and I'd like some QoL changes to Ivara. Especially given that Ivara Prime is next in line for release, so things to consider.

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 1