Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking ping limit: Broken

40PE

This isn't new thing I try to raise awareness. The quality of games are very bad nowadays, thats because people with Very low quality/speed bandwidth are the hosts.

I've set 100 to ping limit at the beginning of Warframe straight away -or when this option were available- however this never worked. I end up 50% of a time with groups where I got 150-1000ms pingtime. These games are terrible experience, enemy is not even there where you shoot, they run in one place, I just die for no visible reasons, etc. You get it.

Please just fix that the ping limit will properly check the host connection's speed and don't give me hosts with higher than what I've set ping! If no such host available at the time, just let me be the server. Thats all I'm asking.

Thanks, please consider putting this on top 10 list of your todo, this is an issue since I can remember. Not a new thing, not U26, not this year not last year. Old, outstanding issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1

It was somewhat broken before but since last update it became almost impossible to play. Waiting for doors to open, getting stuck in operator mode and so on. I can start pretty much any mission and 99% of time ping will be skyrocketing.

-Tested on two different connections

-Main connection is 300Mbit/s with excellent ping 

Please fix that one. After playing this game for over a year, just now i came to forums to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Edited by Project_FY
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GeneralFluffa said:

Yeah this is actually getting really bad, we rly need a p2p host rework/rewamp or just dedicated server idk. w/e option its clear something needs to be done. 

If they fixed ping limiter, then players like me, with a good connection, powerful rig and good geographical location would create a quality host for other players. Now instead of that we are being thrown into another lag fest.

Dedicated servers are expensive, i got it. Just make ping limiter work.

• Like 2

One problem would still remain IF DE would decide to increase latency check time: packet loss.
Some people may have low ping, but that doesn't guarantee packet loss free connection (in case of non-gamin internet service, wireless). Even a loss of single packet is a gamble that something may become fatally broken until end of mission.
In that case, DE also needs to research safety measures against packet loss.
But it's safe to presume that this issue will never be looked at and we'll continue getting "get better internet".