Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making rivens untradable would make the games market so much better

S.Dust

3 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Why use the ingame trade chat when you can buy/sell stuff faster and cheaper on 3rd party sites.

Brokering deals found on third party is fine, but there are no protections or guarantees on these transactions.
Involving third party sites may involve you in a greater issue of what happens to your account if you get hacked platinum.
Since, the people doing this are more likely to be lurking on those sites as they are optimal.

It's reasonable, and somewhat safer over all to expect all in game related trade and trade information to be 100% in game.
The trade system in game could certainly use some refinement, else there wouldn't be so many third parties picking up the slack.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Warfame has a generally free market that the players  control which has its ups. And it's downs but if you'd regulate rivs you'd have to do that for  everything else trade able. 

The economy is filed with supply v demand. If you  don't like that I'm.... Sorry but that's a good and bad thing as it allows anyone to be successful.

While some riven prices are outrageous. Again you don't have to go buy that riven let alone pay anyone for it.

Removing Rivs from trade would hurt a big influx of Plat. 

Alot of players who are free to play rely on this open market to make their Plat. Putting a restriction on it hurts then 

They are adding more ways to get Rivens as well. So I do belive that it's fair

If you want a mod from a system that has heavy rng embedded in it with those specific stats understand that that's another reason why prices are so high.

Unfortunately, this free market has become a festering ground for people who are so invested into it that feel actual contempt towards the developers when disposition is adjusted. That level of toxicity can not be minimized unless the trading system prevents Rivens from being traded.

You can't trade Ephemera. No reason why Rivens can't be made so that trading is impossible, and there's no need to push such an absurd and extreme scenario such as "If DE are to regulate Rivens, then they should regulate everything else". Just because some items are exempt from the trading system does not mean they need to drag along all other items.

34 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I do. Multiple in fact. 

A trade chat exclusively for rivens. 

and/or

A riven auction house in game.

Edit: Also the nuclear option. No rivens at all.

I'd prefer no Rivens at all. The toxicity they bring is not worth the end result.

46 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I do. Multiple in fact. 

A trade chat exclusively for rivens. 

and/or

A riven auction house in game.

Edit: Also the nuclear option. No rivens at all. 

Nuclear option please.

Just buff the old weapons until they're to par with the new ones.

26 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd prefer no Rivens at all. The toxicity they bring is not worth the end result.

I actually agree. 

Rivens are so much RNG and unbalanced crap that it is almost necessary to have the best Rivens to "compete" at the elite end-game level. This in turn makes creating and balancing new content nigh impossible. Either you under-tune it and all the Riven hording veterans whine and cry because it's "boring", or you over-tune it and 99% of the players can't access said content. 

Removing Rivens would remove a layer of RNG that is literally hindering end-game development right now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Prowombat said:

market would essentially suffer from crazy ammounts of inflation

Initially caused by rivens to begin with.

I dont see how filtering out the word "riven" isnt working for you

People will link a weapon and the stats they want for it without ever saying the word riven meaning I can't even filter them out just showing how much of the market they make up now.

If you dont like rivens dont trade them

I don't that's the problem there is so little else to trade since everyone is just a min max addict.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Remove Rivens from trade because you tired of seeing them

Literally not possible i've tried

4 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Use the filters. They work for everyone but you huh

It's not that they don't work it's that there are gaps in what the filter can do let me explain further.

If I say I don't want to see the word riven and want to WTB I can still see direct links to rivens or links to weapons with stats they want, there are actually alot of people who do this and never put the word riven in their post meaning all of it is pointless in the end cause I can still see rivens.

Rivens are fine.  I have a few rivens i bought for reasonable prices.  Most i have ever paid another player for anything was 160 plat.  I will never pay thousands of plat for anything.

Just learn to haggle and realize you have the ability to make the seller swet and rethink the cost.

I do wish the rng of rolling rivens was better though. Hundreds of rolls and its still bad.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Citation

Making rivens untradable would make the games market so much better

Yeah , also make everything untradable ! and delete the (public ) option from matchmaking! and nerf CO , oh yeah , this step is already done , delete everything 

6 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

A better solution would be to just have 2 trade channels  a Rivens Only Trade and Trade for everything else

This guy gets it.

Trade chat has always been a giant mess but these days it's basically worthless when third party websites do a much better job. 

2 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Just make in-game auction house for rivens only. Then absolutely no need for them in trade chat. Riven prices also go down cause selling them is now easier so no more ridiculous and abusive prices. Everything is well in solar system once again.

Lol someone will just abuse it somehow.  That's human nature at its core.  Just don't pay absurd prices.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

35 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

Everyone abuses everything doesn't mean we should live in trees and eat bananas.

It is not likely de is going to mess with the trade system or rivens.  Just don't overpay for stuff. Haggle with the seller.

Takes bananas and climbs back up tree.  My tree fort is safe away from others lol

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

It is not likely de is going yo mess with the trade system or rivens.  Just don't overpay for stuff. Haggle with the seller.

Takes bananas and vlimbs back up tree.  My tree fort is safe away from others lol

I'm talking about systematic change to improve enjoyment of the game for big part of playerbase as well bringing the whole riven economy into acceptable territory. This has nothing to do with my trading habits and what I should or should not do.

Hope this clears it up so you can move on now.

Edited by zoffmode

10 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yup. Rivens are a terrible system that poisions everything they touch. Especially the market.

Honestly same could be said to the relic system towards farming, it may of made it `easier` to chase specific parts, but the fact people have to constantly be in full groups or get cluck`d by rngsus is a issue. Really don`t think it would be a downside to change it to where people just get 3 rolls on their relic only regardless of party size and party size boosts void trace gain instead. Since i`d rather enjoy 3 dice rolls per rotation and able to stay in a survival 1 hour long, even after everyone else leave, since i don`t need to rely on things like people putting up radiant relics or relics with forma, when i am chasing after ducats or forma stock.

Overall, riven mods could if the veiled actually KEPT value, and all weapon rivens could be sold for a sizable value, then it would not be an issue. But since most weapons are considered garbage and no way to pawn-shop them to some good value, kinda a RIp system in general. With the otherside, weapons have to be determined if they are good if they can be op as f with a riven mod or not.

this is just not even a problem. there are ways around it like visiting warframe.market and riven.market and just using the search tools there.  once you get past the people that are totally out of touch w/ reality on what they can get for a part/riven you can get a good deal in no time flat w/ zero effort.

53 minutes ago, RamPuppy said:

this is just not even a problem. there are ways around it like visiting warframe.market and riven.market and just using the search tools there.  once you get past the people that are totally out of touch w/ reality on what they can get for a part/riven you can get a good deal in no time flat w/ zero effort.

This is the same argument as Destiny having to make use of a 3rd party site aka Reddit for forming `raid groups`, especially with the first one, its a major oversight on a game company to be implementing a system in place for a online interactive game and not properly putting enough tools in place to handle the majority of the things involved, in-game. A `chat system` as some people say, is a Everquest styled form of trade, which pretty much means it was part of a arcadic system that died off for good reasoning in future online games.

Plus i have frequented things like warframe.market and riven.market, does not seem to get populated that much if one is looking to buy items or to get somewhat decent accuracy on the value of certain items. With Riven.marketing seems to not be very useful as a active marketing tool.

Especially as a test just now, i attempted to browse for rubico rivens on riven.market for PS4 and only came up with 8 rubico rivens, 3 of which were from the same person and all being a week old if i read it correctly, yet all of them being rather similar in stats but were all in the 500-900 range, one being for 2000, despite its stats being extremely similar to the other ones.

At the very least, D.E. should implement a riven mod `bazaar` post, because of how invasive riven marketing has turned the market chat system into a unfavorable place to do any marketing in without dozens or even more filters in place, just to stomach market chat to a some-what manage able level to those who prefer text to not have half a dozen messages showing up or more before even a second passes by. Riven mods themselves already act as the `big money` for plat pushing, so it would not be that difficult if D.E. allows players to automate just the riven market portion, since the argument of the value of goods would drop, would not hold as much water due to the RNG-sus of riven mods and how abusively demand-some damage stats are for riven mods, will likely keep it still above the 200-400 line easy, if the riven mod is of a weapon like rubico and has even just 1 damage line and a useful utility line. Though i am sure some people are going to cry that `riven mod splinters` ruined the market further, despite the fact its on a 1 week cap if i recall, plus you are still dealing with heavy rng-sus with sortie also, just to get a riven mod, to only rngsus again if its a weapon that will sell for value.

Plus least if a riven mod bazaar existed, it might be easier for people to sell the so-called auto-transmute fodder riven mods, for a decent amount of plat instead of just sinking riven mods till they land on the scarce 10-30 or so weapons that are `always` in demand as riven mods.

Throw in the fact this would `nudge` riven marketers to a much more better system for them, instead of flooding market chat, would also help non-riven marketers to market in peace and only have to deal with the b.s. known as prime set spammers, as the only major source of annoyance in market chat again, before riven mods came into place. 

Edited by Avienas

8 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Yet even non meta rivens run you like 200p

200p is nothing I could make 400p a day if I wanted and I have only been playing for a month. 

7 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Initially caused by rivens to begin with.

People will link a weapon and the stats they want for it without ever saying the word riven meaning I can't even filter them out just showing how much of the market they make up now.

I don't that's the problem there is so little else to trade since everyone is just a min max addict.

Literally not possible i've tried

It's not that they don't work it's that there are gaps in what the filter can do let me explain further.

If I say I don't want to see the word riven and want to WTB I can still see direct links to rivens or links to weapons with stats they want, there are actually alot of people who do this and never put the word riven in their post meaning all of it is pointless in the end cause I can still see rivens.

Trade prime sets/arcanes/other mods its not that hard I havnt traded a single riven and make plat easily. Also if you dont like trade chat just use riven.market. 

10 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Yet even non meta rivens run you like 200p

only for those crazy enough to pay for it, which in a non-regulated market is exactly how economy is supposed to run. I only use Rivens dropped by myself, but I can really understand the need for novelty of veterans.