Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making rivens untradable would make the games market so much better

S.Dust

if the riven gets untrade able arcane wiil take their places and even tat wont last as for prime frames or vaulted  things its price is already low  and wit the fast pening of vaulted things it might as well be free  so at best  only some rare mods will be in trade market and every thing will be under 100p i think the way it is going right now

the best solution is de should bring a chart of prices according to the rare and how difficult it is to get  so market price stays constant rather that getting stupidly low or high

and the price should increase accourding to the number of wants etc

saying riven is only thing u find in trade chat simply means there is nothing other people want and need beside from riven and some other  everthing can be farmed easily or with some time and people

On 2019-11-11 at 10:28 AM, --Brandt-- said:

Nah, how would I be able to give away all the veiled rivens i don't even want to clan members or friends. Dissolve them for 23 endo instead? Someone else would have more use out of them. Also when I hide "riven" with filters I didn't see a single post containing a riven in the hours I lurked in trade chat watching. So for me at least, the filter does work. 

Making rivens untradable would change nothing.

Make only veiled rivens tradeable. 

Or make 3 stages: 

1) Veiled

2) Unveiled but unrolled with no stats showing (1st "re-roll" is free to reveal stats)

3) Rolled and untradeable.

That way you can trade both veiled and unveiled rivens. However, once you roll it to show the stats, then you can't trade it. That seems like a fair compromise to me.

On 2019-11-12 at 3:42 AM, Reakacemrz said:

if the riven gets untrade able arcane wiil take their places and even tat wont last as for prime frames or vaulted  things its price is already low  and wit the fast pening of vaulted things it might as well be free  so at best  only some rare mods will be in trade market and every thing will be under 100p i think the way it is going right now

the best solution is de should bring a chart of prices according to the rare and how difficult it is to get  so market price stays constant rather that getting stupidly low or high

and the price should increase accourding to the number of wants etc

saying riven is only thing u find in trade chat simply means there is nothing other people want and need beside from riven and some other  everthing can be farmed easily or with some time and people

Rivens are toxic though, so we need a solution. 

I'd say make a platinum sink: A crafting quest that costs 100 platinum and 3-5 rivens of the same kind, allowing you to create a new riven for any weapon of your choosing within said class. That way if players want a riven for say Acceltra, they don't need to pay the 600p+ starting price of 0 roll acceltra rivens ... which is what they cost because of dirty riven hoarding market manipulators.

Edited by AlphaIIOmega

33 minutes ago, AlphaIIOmega said:

Make only veiled rivens tradeable. 

Or make 3 stages: 

1) Veiled

2) Unveiled but unrolled with no stats showing (1st "re-roll" is free to reveal stats)

3) Rolled and untradeable.

That way you can trade both veiled and unveiled rivens. However, once you roll it to show the stats, then you can't trade it. That seems like a fair compromise to me.

Sounds good to me. You want that god roll? Well, better start farming kuva.

Too bad it will never happen since a lot of players would just quit. Salty riven mafia would make turn forums into flood of S#&$post, bashing DE for ruining the game.

No, the way to make the Market better is to use the search function to only show messages that contain what you want at any given time ~ last few weeks ive seen very little of the market because Quatz isn't a big thing on it. Those little windows where you have raw trade between a new search term are realms of pure insanity.

Plus making them untradeable means that someone who wants one for a specific weapon is at the mercy of pure RNG on getting their own drops (I have lucked out once in getting a riven from a unveiling that i wanted right then).

Yes, there is some insane prices out there but noting but a players desire to have X stats on Y feta weapon drives that. Two most recent rivens i have bought have been 70 and 80p (then again the target for the inflated prices is not me and my search for QoL stats)

42 minutes ago, AlphaIIOmega said:

Rivens are toxic though, so we need a solution. 

I'd say make a platinum sink: A crafting quest that costs 100 platinum and 3-5 rivens of the same kind, allowing you to create a new riven for any weapon of your choosing within said class. That way if players want a riven for say Acceltra, they don't need to pay the 600p+ starting price of 0 roll acceltra rivens ... which is what they cost because of dirty riven hoarding market manipulators.

i dont know if its toxic or not but currently i am dont know about other  am playing the game to farm kuva the most not to sell the riven or any thing just to go back too rerolling the rivens so the kuva farm is easier to rotate the cycle i too think its toxic not related to market or plat dont care about that but think it a game play wise if u remove riven what would u be doning in the game its not like low staat weapon will get stronger with any mod  so  the point of farming for thing will be useless

the riven will never be removed because that is the only thing keping the player alive  without it i dont see the point of farming other weapon or any thing and test build

and the  price is high i personally thing its fare i say its too low  as  how low  of a chance it is to get plus everyone needs low roll with best stat or god roll  so when i buy any riven with good stat with 1000 of plat its only fare its hard to get so why should anyone give it for so low or free  and the most irrating thing is  they need highest 3+and 1- it must be to the par the what and they want to pay 50p 100 p  "if u want  some thing for low price u want get any thing that takes so much time  Its like saying i need Gold Diamond for 1 dollar  be real"\

unless the  kuva is easy to get as credit and riven is easy to farm as any other mods  i say riven price should be high for your info i usually buy rivens so i am not comming from selles point of view

It wouldn't make the market better. Riven prices are driven by the hype of the players. Removing them would cause less and less trades. The only thing that would sell would be arcanes. Rivens are quite popular and removing them wouldn't change the state of trade chat. Only way I see the market changing if something of equal value to rivens would be introduced.