Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

weapon exilus slot useless

xreaperx22

ok i dont understand the point of them adding an exilus slot to weapons,for example my fulman that i forma'd like 6 times,its maxed out no points left and now i have an extra slot? dev's if your going to add extra slots you should also add some extra point capacity to go with it.

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like the added exilus mod on my weapons. From ammo mutation, to flight speed, to reduced recoil, to silence - they are a noticeable improvement to my enjoyment.

If anything, I'd really like them to add these to melee weapons as well.

This. I can now use ANY weapon with Ivara at max power without having to sacrafice a slot for Silence. Or for gun that are ammo hungry, I can slap ammo mutation in that slot without, yet again, sacrificing damage.

• Like 1

Well...they are kind of borderline useless. 

I expected more options for the exilus slot. What we got, well, they're almost entirely gilding-the-lilly type improvements. The only one what actually changes gun performance in any meaningful way is suppression. There you get a change that'll affect how you use the gun (or where you use it). 

I have a few plans for them, but mostly on projectile based guns using the flightspeed mod. My Prisma Gorgon will get a recoil reduction. That's about it. Maybe I'll do what with Twin Graks, too. The ammo improvements are OK, but frankly aren't needed. I could see where you could use ammo mutators then change your companion type and loadout for something else, but...gilding the lilly. 

They're very optional and not even remotely necessary for most guns. 

26 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

ok i dont understand the point of them adding an exilus slot to weapons,for example my fulman that i forma'd like 6 times,its maxed out no points left and now i have an extra slot? dev's if your going to add extra slots you should also add some extra point capacity to go with it.

Forma it another 2 times? You've got 8 slots, no? That'll be more than enough room for most Exilus mods.

I find these very useful on many weapons, and we only need to find 3 to 5 extra mod points for them. If you really don't have enough capacity left with every slot formaed, which should happen in only a handful of builds, then use other mods/copies with a lower drain.

And if you don't think ammo mutation, stabilization, flight speed, reload on holstering, faster movement while aiming, silencing etc are worth the trouble or small compromises, then simply don't use them, it's fully optional.

45 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

Ya, if your weapon has a riven then present capacity is not enough. Only enough if the weapon has no riven.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb xreaperx22:

dev's if your going to add extra slots you should also add some extra point capacity to go with it.

No, they should not, because it whould make the new slot dumbed down.

The way it is now, it forces players to think about modding again.

Sure, a very vocal part of Warframes community doesn't like this crazy thinking thing.

There are circumstances that do not require we push every dps mod into a weapon.
That vast majority of the star chart would be fine with a more utility weapon that feels better to use.
The fault of late level enemies is giving us the impression we're bound to use the highest damage.

When they drop after one shot of 1k damage, doing 12k damage would not be as valuable as say, projectile speed, for ease of use.
Maybe having weapon stability allows for higher fire rate. Those kinda things.

il y a 12 minutes, kyori a dit :

Ya, if your weapon has a riven then present capacity is not enough. Only enough if the weapon has no riven.

You can, you just can't switch for any elemental damage, but we can get a second weapon for this. For exemple with many expensive mods :

z8LyGli.png

14 minutes ago, kyori said:

I'm going to have to call you out here. Have rivens for quite a few weapons that i am using the exilus slots on. You just either have a crappy build, or need another forma.

1 hour ago, xreaperx22 said:

.... Vigilante Supplies on every primary...

... You're welcome.

36 minutes ago, Xirka said:

I'm going to have to call you out here. Have rivens for quite a few weapons that i am using the exilus slots on. You just either have a crappy build, or need another forma.

Yes you can use but have to forma all slots. So some elements cannot be used