Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Squads/nodes/hosts

Soupf8

Please consider my suggestions, and read thoroughly.

I've had trouble recently where I am seen as a nuisance to other players. The reason for this is because I most often am playing for fun. I really enjoy playing survival as well as the open world maps. Lately when I enter the survival or open world nodes, other players might decide they want to do a very specific task in the mission, and if I did not follow their instructions, they would treat me with disrespect, and say awful things to me because I did not play the game in the ways that they demand. Over and over players have told me to play solo. I do not want to play solo, I want to have fun with others. People tell me to join a clan but I could never find a clan that holds similar interests. 

It would be nice to have the option to start I new squad when selecting a node, instead of being forced to join someone elses mission. Many times I enter orb vallis or the plains, and I lose connection and am kicked back into my orbiter or fortuna because the player I was forced into joining was aborting or "leaving squad" because they wanted to extract. 

Currently you can see how many squads are on a node, but you cannot choose between them, or decide to start a new squad. It would benefit me and many other players if this was changed.

I also wish that when creating a new squad, you could name your session or party, so that other players seeing your squad or party know what you are doing, and they can decide if they want to join or not. 

Sometimes when I host my own session, someone might join and decide to do a very specific thing and scold me when I do not follow. 

I want an end to the hateful behavior I have received from other players, and I believe these suggestions might help. I want to play the modes I love, and play with others, and feel free while doing it.

Playing in Public squads (Public Matchmaking) does lead to these kinds of situations... Which are unavoidable because the Matchmaking chooses the available active squads, regardless of what the status of said mission is at.

Playing with others on "Invite Only" Matchmaking setting ensures that you have a proper game with other people, according to your interests on said mission... But the thing is, you won't risk joining in squads that are extracting. In fact, you're always the host but everyone else is locked, unless you invite them.

Choosing "Friends Only" Matchmaking is somewhere in-between, but it also depends on your friends' Matchmaking setting. If their setting is the same as yours, then their friends will join the active session, but if their setting is set to Public, it'll override your matchmaking settings and everyone else will join the session.

1 hour ago, Soupf8 said:

People tell me to join a clan but I could never find a clan that holds similar interests. 

Joining a Clan ensures that you have an active group to play with. The only difference between being in a Clan or not, for this purpose alone, is 'player variety'.

Now, "a clan that holds similar interests" works both ways. When you join a Clan, your interests are always secondary to a Clan's interests. The Clan members may have the same interests as you, but even their interests are secondary to the Clan they're in. If the Clan itself is under development, meaning that the necessary rooms to feed all the labs, and the labs themselves, need to be built and research on the available blueprints has to be done, then the Clan's interests will take precedence over the interests of their members at all times.

Join a Clan only if you're absolutely sure its what you want to do.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Soupf8 said:

That does not change my situation. 

True... but then again, none of the available possibilities will change your situation, unless you want to. So, what exactly do you want them to do?

Edited by Uhkretor

42 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

True... but then again, none of the available possibilities will change your situation, unless you want to. So, what exactly do you want them to do?

I assume by "them" you mean DE, and I would hope they change how mission instances are joined and created.