Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Popular on reddit] About Kuva Weapons, duplicates and progression

Sdric

I done 5 liches and on my 6th, 6th is another dup being ogris, I got a second drakgoon on my 3rd and Im not feeling like doing any more till they lower the RNG/make it easier for those murmurs to be gotten so I know the combo faster. The weapon bonus should be a flat out number lets say 50% or random and let us upgrade it with teh forma and then further add to it using the same weapon which should cap at some point. SO right now Im waiting on more hotfixes with balances

I've made several comments and threads with similar suggestions, even on the official patch notes with something very similar to this, if not identical. I am only posting so that this stays at the top and DE proves me wrong by implementing this. Otherwise, my stance remains the same: DE is deliberately trying to make their game bad, the people that make the game don't play their game & this patch is the reason warframe is oscillating in and out of steam's top 10.

I agree with one the comments. I think DE planned the lich system to be an complement to the Riven system to make money off of it. Once they allow weapon or lich trading, people will be paying tons of platinum for those perfect 60% rolls or those ephemeras. This is just another moneymaking scheme.

In before they actually add more more exclusive cosmetics, more elemental combos, extra different bonuses like CC/CD/SC/MS ala riven, and more powerful weapons. A perfect 60% Kuva ignis would probably go for 1-2k platinum.

@peterc3

Instead of hijacking this topic, provoking other players and saying "this won't happen", could you please get back to the topic and tell us your reason as for why you disapprove of this idea? So far it sounds you simply seem to disapprove of it as it seems to be similar to a mechanic in destiny (a mechanic which I honestly do not or / remember). Disapproving of a constructive suggestion that many people seem to like just because it is similar to a game you don't like isn't constructive. Even games that are bad or disliked as a whole can feature singular good concepts - and at least in my eyes, rewarding progression and time investment is more desirable than pure slot machine play, as slot machine play is frustrating and discouraging on average. The majority of players seems to agree. At least on reddit. The suggested system allows us to keep the good feeling of a random high roll, but makes everybody who participates feel rewarded even if he doesn't get lucky.

@Zoero

I appreciate that you support the idea, but please remain constructive. That's more helpful to the subject than giving others the satisfaction of successfully provoking you.

Edited by Sdric
typo

I have a couple of ideas with regard to addressing this issue. When generating a Lich nemesis for a player, the game could do one of two things...

The first would be to check for existing Kuva weapons in the player's inventory and only equip the Lich with a random weapon that the player does NOT have. This would to prevent instances of players winding up with duplicate Kuva weapons. If the player has all the Kuva weapons that are available, the game is allowed to generate a random Kuva weapon for the Lich nemesis. There's still a bit of grind and randomness involved to get the weapon you want, but as stated earlier, at least there's no chance of getting a duplicate weapon.

Another idea would be to give the Larva a regular version of the Kuva weapon it would get if it became a Lich nemesis. This way, players can quickly decide as to whether or not to simply gun down the Larva and let it die or trigger it so that it turns into a Lich with the appropriate Kuva weapon. The second solution gives the player more agency and a better idea of what they'd wind up getting at the end of the grind.