[DE]Danielle

(PS4) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 Status: LIVE!

Timer freezes seem to be connected to players on WiFi. Take this with a grain of salt but everyone on my friends list and or clan that has this problem is on WiFi and can not connect via cable. Temp fix is to have them host but then everyone else in the squad will have the timer freeze problem but the host will not. Very well might be a bug, but from what I can tell it seems to be a WiFi packet loss issue. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jawz529 said:

Timer freezes seem to be connected to players on WiFi. Take this with a grain of salt but everyone on my friends list and or clan that has this problem is on WiFi and can not connect via cable. Temp fix is to have them host but then everyone else in the squad will have the timer freeze problem but the host will not. Very well might be a bug, but from what I can tell it seems to be a WiFi packet loss issue. 

Someone had suggested this on a previous thread regarding this very issue. This could very well be it, but personally I'm convinced there is something internal to the game that is playing a role as this was never an issue until, specifically, Hostile Mergers when this problem first started appearing. I have played with the same people with the exact same internet setup and strength for nearly two years, and this extreme dropping of rewards was never a thing until now.

Yeah I have never seen the problem this bad in a while but I have seen it before. Just wanted to make sure de has all the info so they can maybe find a solution for a possible fix. My clan mates will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for bringing it up again here.

• Upvote 1

" Increased the ‘Additional Item Drop Chance’ of certain Amalgam enemies from 2% to 4% due to discovery that this drop was broken (fixed below). Happy hunting!" 

Finally on console... Thks

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Let me see here... Hmm... Looking through the fixes and I've got a fix for Sanctuary, but it is not related specifically to the round counter:

• Fixed cases where enemies would be standing around idle in Sanctuary Onslaught instead of storming towards you.

Could I get more information on that please? 🙂

Sorry for the delay; I was in transit. But thanks very much for looking into this! Ozymandias-13- and Maunstre pretty well covered it already, but for a bit of additional context: I was one of the squadmates Maunstre referenced, as you can see from the screens they provided. I was host at the time of that particular incident, and we ran it several times that same day with each of the three of us trying to host. Every time, one of us who WASN'T the host would have it freeze. There's also a bug thread here with folks discussing having this same issue from July through October. I have no idea if this is a PS4-exclusive bug or if it's happening on other platforms, but it's been going on for months on PS4 at least.

I messaged you as well - I do have a video clip I can share but I'm not sure of the best method for getting that over to you.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, (PS4)demishock said:

All good stuff! But honestly what I'd most like to know is whether this update will finally fix the problem we've been having since Operation: Hostile Mergers where Disruption and Sanctuary Onslaught freeze the round counters and key/efficiency status and keep squadmates from getting their rewards. It makes both modes a complete crapshoot to play if you're not the one hosting. Any word from DE on it would be tremendously appreciated!

That issue has been around since we got Sanctuary Onslaught. It only happens to clients.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

How often has this occurred for you? What is your reproduction rate, would you say 10/10 times consistently this has occurred? 

Anything specific happen before the counter stops? Host migration? 

This happens pretty often to me, but worse. Most of the time, I'll go 8 waves without getting anything, with timer/counter stuck in Wave 1 or 2.

I'd say it happens 8/10 times.

No host migrations occurred. It only happens when I'm NOT the host.

In the early days of Sanctuary, dying and force reviving fixed this some times.

As mentioned by Ozy, if/when the timer catches up at the end of an even-numbered wave, you'll get the missing rewards from the previous waves (the rewards overlap each other at the corner of the screen).

Even when the timer seems to be working normally, it seldom freezes for some seconds. As in, it would be stuck for a few seconds and then start counting again from where it should be, and this happens constantly throughout the whole match.

Speculation: I think it might be related internet connection issues, either by the host or the clients. It does seems to happen more often to me when my internet connection oscillates a bit, because of other devices or people moving around the house (Wi-Fi).

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Upvote 1

Excited about the overall update.

Not excited about the melee mod nerfs. I was hoping some fine-tuning post u26.0.6 before it actually hits consoles. However, at the very least Gladiator set mods and Weeping Wounds is applying their bonus “correctly.” Still awaiting on any word regarding the state of Condition Overload and crit chance mods (True Steel, Sacrificial Steel, maybe Maiming Strike) affecting Blood Rush/Gladiator mod scaling.

• Upvote 1

Please change Condition Overload back to being multiplicative with Primed Pressure Point, before we get it.  I agree with a nerf, but making it additive seems a bit much.

Before anyone says "replace PPP with CO":  do a spreadsheet, run the math.  It's only worth it on fast weapons with high status, unless you are gonna always use the Zakti.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Zephyr Graxx Skin by Faven

Its been 84 years 

Actual one year DElay 

Have to say disappointed the rest of round 14 is not here yet, but at least we got something.

• Applause 1

Whatever you guys decide to do and when to release, I really hope that the future changes to the Lich system (as per yesterday's dev workshop) will be released soon after PC and not after 2 months like the Arbitrations rebalance

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, (PS4)jawz529 said:

I have had the same issue myself in eso and Disruption. I had to farm Guass and his weapons solo, as after a long run everyone else in the team got is nero, and I did not. Really frustrating. I too am on wifi and I do not have the ability to hard line connect. I never did put in a help ticket as I figured this was just due to poor connection on my end. Seeing other with this issue, I guess it might not be. TY DE Danni for looking into this for us!

For those of you who provided information and details on the Disruption/Sanctuary Onslaught Round counter issues - thank you! I checked with the team and we've had this bug logged and reproduced, so we're bumping it up in priority for a fix. 

I'll keep tabs on it and hopefully we'll have it all sorted out for the next update. 

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 4
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

How often has this occurred for you? What is your reproduction rate, would you say 10/10 times consistently this has occurred? 

Anything specific happen before the counter stops? Host migration? 

I have a friend that have experiencing  same issue I believe this problem have to do with host and client connection??

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

For those of you who provided information and details on the Disruption/Sanctuary Onslaught Round counter issues - thank you! I checked with the team and we've had this bug logged and reproduced, so we're bumping it up in priority for a fix. 

I'll keep tabs on it and hopefully we'll have it all sorted out for the next update. 

Thank you so much DE Danni, and everyone else who posted about this issue! I thought it was just my poor internet, but I am glad that there is a fix in the works.

• Upvote 1

From what I read on PC:

Why wasn't the Boss bar introduced where it mattered most? Like in the Eidolon or Orb fights? It is a pain not knowing how much shield it still has, and how much damage we are doing. Please see to that asap.

Catchmoon nerf was predictable, but 10 meters? Down from 100? That's a 90% drop!!! We might as well walk up to the enemy and hit it with melee at this point. One thing is to nerf, another is to render the weapon useless.

Now, about the main update feature, the Kuva Litchs:
This feature hasn't come to consoles yet, so my opinion is skewed on this BUT from what I read, and what I saw so far, nothing answers one important question: "Why?"
At first we were told this was done to replace Raids and it was a Clan event, called the Kingpin. We had to perform several tasks together, so coordenation and cooperation would be needed.
Then they said it was because of "Endgame", it would be an enemy that would hunt you, it would be random generated and immune to some attacks. Which made me think about the Acolytes, that have partially immunity and can also mimic Warframe abilities. So, I thought it would be a "super-stalker", and it even made me think that the (so many times talked) "stalker mode" would be implemented. I was imagining a "kill" or "play" choice at the end (now, wouldn't THAT be awesome!?).
Then they said it would be Grinner and Kuva related. And I thought it might be a bit like Kela, where you have to gather point in 'pre-arenas' to then face it on a last mission/level/arena.
Then you introduced the Parazon... This was "interesting" at first because of the hacks, finishers (and because it reminded me of Robocop's hacking spike - I'm THAT old) but then, when it was put has 'decisive' for this mission... here is where I started to wave. Basically, you decided to put a "trial and error" game in order to assassinate (or not) your Litch, instead of a quick time event (a much better and familiar solution imo).
And then you introduced reskined, restats weapons with MR attached to it... And that's when I realised that ALL OF THIS was so just you could put some "more" MR fooder into the game.

I was so disapointed.

I know lots of people are sharing the funny names all over social media, but they are also finding the same weapon over and over again, and (to my knowledge) there is no way to "turn off" or "skip" these hunts if that happens.
I know it is a great way to introduce (even more) faction weapons in the future, but ultimatelly, the way it was implemented into the game is not one I really like. I know that is some aspects if follows the "Prime" system, that is one of (if not) the BEST system right now in Warframe to get new assets, because (unlike resources) void traces are CAPPED... Ence, players have to play the game in order to get it. So, if that was your intention, in that sense, I think it is ok. BUT has a "engame random assassination hunt" it is rather poorly designed. It builds on previous existing systems but if envolves too many steps, and too many rng. I think that this system still needs a lot of work, and even more, an actual purpose withing the Warframe universe and Lore.

I for one am NOT hyped for it, not for the weapons (which the game has an absord amount already, and when people find the really good ones, you nerf them), and certainlly not for MR (where all you get is Loadouts and Void traces... *Uuuuuh).
I rather play Nightwave were I get Kuva and "actual" slots and/or open relics to trade or sell... A much better deal imo.

Edited by (PS4)LeonidasxGGG
Typos
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This is great news; thank you so much!!! I was already psyched for the update, but this just makes it that much better. \o/

The Old Blood: Update 26.0.6 has been sent to Cert! Once we have passed we will update this thread with the official launch date/time. The total download size for The Old Blood is ~3.60 GB.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2