Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

il y a 12 minutes, (NSW)Hermy a dit :

It's also not a pr disaster xD You're all exaggerating xD Warframe on Switch is still amazing as it is.

tbh I don't care that we have to wait, as you said the game is amazing, and I still have lots to do even after 1000 hours of playtime.

However I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to call it a PR "disaster" from the point of view of the companies involved. Not that they necessarily did anything wrong (It's coding, something goes wrong every once in a while), but the community on this forum seems to think so, judging by the amount of salt.

The only fault I see here is that the fixes to the game (black screen before loading screen, operator transference glitch) that come with this update should have arrived way earlier, and not one full year after the release of the game on the platform. But even so, there might be a valid reason why that I don't know about. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Faerwald:

tbh I don't care that we have to wait, as you said the game is amazing, and I still have lots to do even after 1000 hours of playtime.

However I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration to call it a PR "disaster" from the point of view of the companies involved. Not that they necessarily did anything wrong (It's coding, something goes wrong every once in a while), but the community on this forum seems to think so, judging by the amount of salt.

The only fault I see here is that the fixes to the game (black screen before loading screen, operator transference glitch) that come with this update should have arrived way earlier, and not one full year after the release of the game on the platform. But even so, there might be a valid reason why that I don't know about. 

Well concerning the operator transference they actually didn't know about the glitch or what causes it because nobody reported it... If they don't see the glitch internally and nobody reports it they can't know about it. On pc and the other consoles the community is bigger and therefore more active @ reporting bugs with accurate situations in which they happen. They also know about the forums and can watch twitch streams and have a Webbrowser on the system they're using to report them.

The black screen before the loading on the other hand was probably something complicated and they didn't know what was causing it.

I'm also past 1000 hours on switch and i still have lots of stuff to do xD

We're close! The nature of the issue we’re working through with Nintendo is based on SD card life expectancy. We need to make sure that the hardware can handle The Old Blood update since its download size exceeds the Nintendo Switch’s 20 GB base memory. Nintendo will be in touch again tomorrow at the earliest- we'll have a better understanding of when we can expect to launch the update then!

4 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We're close! The nature of the issue we’re working through with Nintendo is based on SD card life expectancy. We need to make sure that the hardware can handle The Old Blood update since its download size exceeds the Nintendo Switch’s 20 GB base memory. Nintendo will be in touch again tomorrow at the earliest- we'll have a better understanding of when we can expect to launch the update then!

Thanks for the update Helen

I am a bit disapointed that it took so long for you to say what the problem really was.

Now that it's clear i truly understand the problem i totaly support the fact that it need to be fixed. Take the time needed and make sure switch is going to run better than ever.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

faint fainting GIF

Unless the cert completes soon, at some point it makes more sense to jump straight to Rising Tide.  Otherwise there will be 2 back to back certs within a week or two.

I think the bigger problem here is that when updated come even after all the time in cert they are bugged as hell, then they take way more time to fix them and it just brings more bugs. I've played on PS4 for like 5 years and the game never been as bugged as it's in the switch.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Killran:

I think the bigger problem here is that when updated come even after all the time in cert they are bugged as hell, then they take way more time to fix them and it just brings more bugs. I've played on PS4 for like 5 years and the game never been as bugged as it's in the switch.

Well in my experience, since the last update it had only very few bugs left. And this update adresses almost all bugs that are left and come to mind...

vor 39 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Kadet:

Unless the cert completes soon, at some point it makes more sense to jump straight to Rising Tide.  Otherwise there will be 2 back to back certs within a week or two.

Well that's no problem, if the next cert also takes a while xD

I know that the Nintendo Switch Warframe community really loves DE's vision and direction for the Game's growth, but does this delay signal some concerns for the future of Warframe on the Switch? Will Warframe grow beyond the capabilities of this console? It is already growing beyond the native storage capacity... Should I begin to make plans for moving to another platform (ie new account, expect some option for progress migration)?

vor 1 Minute schrieb (NSW)Goku.Prime:

I know that the Nintendo Switch Warframe community really loves DE's vision and direction for the Game's growth, but does this delay signal some concerns for the future of Warframe on the Switch? Will we always be lagging far behind all the other platforms? Should I begin to make plans for moving to another platform (ie new account, expect some option for progress migration)?

Why do you ask such a question, when you know the reasons for this delay ? 😅 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Why do you ask such a question, when you know the reasons for this delay ? 😅 

=P 
haha thanks Hermy! Not so much concerned about This particular delay, but more so if Nintendo will keep complying with a free game that may one day exceeds its native storage

I'm not saying there are less or that they haven't been working on it just that it's always worst on the switch and it's playerbase has droppep slot because of it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Forgive me for being confused; what do you mean by SD Card expectancy?

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaynak said:

Forgive me for being confused; what do you mean by SD Card expectancy?

It may have to do with the read / write limits of SD Cards, which is on the lower end compared to other storage media.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Dextermorgane486 said:

I am a bit disapointed that it took so long for you to say what the problem really was.

Now that it's clear i truly understand the problem i totaly support the fact that it need to be fixed. Take the time needed and make sure switch is going to run better than ever.

That's assuming DE knew exactly that the issue was until they made this post. They told us before that they were in contact with Nintendo to figure things out. We all know DE doesn't post on weekends so if this info wasn't known to DE on Friday, the of course they would not tell us this before Monday. Regardless of what the issue was, it was always clearly on Nintendo's end and not DE.

I truly don't get why anyone is upset with DE on this. They have been very communicative and transparent on this issue.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Goku.Prime:

=P 
haha thanks Hermy! Not so much concerned about This particular delay, but more so if Nintendo will keep complying with a free game that may one day exceeds its native storage

No, Witcher 3 also exceeds the native storage of the Switch. I think it has to do with Warframe exceeding a certain size for the first time. If you remember every other update until now went through cert really quickly.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Killran:

I'm not saying there are less or that they haven't been working on it just that it's always worst on the switch and it's playerbase has droppep slot because of it.

The player base is growing rather significantly on Switch. While some veterans who migrated from pc left the game again many people who discovered Warframe for the first time on Switch (like myself) stay and love the game es it is.

Alsothis is the first update this year that launches later on Switch than on other plattforms (except pc of course)

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

No, Witcher 3 also exceeds the native storage of the Switch. I think it has to do with Warframe exceeding a certain size for the first time. If you remember every other update until now went through cert really quickly.

The player base is growing rather significantly on Switch. While some veterans who migrated from pc left the game again many people who discovered Warframe for the first time on Switch (like myself) stay and love the game es it is.

Alsothis is the first update this year that launches later on Switch than on other plattforms (except pc of course)

The late update its only a part of the problem and it's not completely DE fault , but the game has had problems and the game is rapidly losing players on switch compared to how it was. I love DE and I love Warframe but the game has problems and just because I like something doesn't mean I have to defend when it does things wrong like this update with the kuva lich that's just like 3 layers deep of rng just to get an rng weapon with rng type damage.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Killran:

The late update its only a part of the problem and it's not completely DE fault , but the game has had problems and the game is rapidly losing players on switch compared to how it was. I love DE and I love Warframe but the game has problems and just because I like something doesn't mean I have to defend when it does things wrong like this update with the kuva lich that's just like 3 layers deep of rng just to get an rng weapon with rng type damage.

yeah, but players on pc are asking for this kind of endgame. An endless grind like in destiny...

But what problems are you referring to ? 

I haven't seen slot of ppl happy with how the lich system work ,they are happy with the addition of the weapons and lich but not on how it works.

I'm not talking about problems now , what we have mostly now is minor bugs and lack of content but there's been alot of problems in the switch version that has made alot of ppl quit the game.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

yeah, but players on pc are asking for this kind of endgame. An endless grind like in destiny...

But what problems are you referring to ? 

I really don't understand people that don't have a SD card. SD cards are much cheaper now than ever! And don't go saying that people have money problems. 

God dammit they bought a bloody Switch!! 

Also Megan said something I find hilarious in the Xbox stream today. You at DE want to make Ivara Prime go live on PC and all consoles at the same time? That's hilarious! Xbox and ps4 are 1 update behind from the bloody PC. Nintendo Switch is 2 updates behind! 

If the Ivara update has to go through cert like this update(witch it has to go) what are you at DE going to do? Wait for EVERYONE to be at the same level of update or do like you did this time and say "Screw it we put the update live for everyone else, those idiot will just wait!"?? I'm very curious! 

1 hour ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

It may have to do with the read / write limits of SD Cards, which is on the lower end compared to other storage media.

Sd is slower than internal (not much slower), but much faster than switch cardriges.