[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

26 minutes ago, (NSW)Sabrac said:

Nice way to basically try to push people away. I'ts just a delay, it isnt like the update is never coming, also, the team has been improving the version of the game since release, if you go check how the ps4 version ran before, with slowdowns much much worse than i ever encountered on switch no one would be acting like this version is unplayable. is it 60fps like the other versions? no, but the performance improved a lot since release, same with the crashes that used to happen constantly, it's been months since i've last seen one. Most updates come out at the same time as the other versions, but the one time it's delayed, everyone acts like the end of the world is near.

The late update is just the drop that spilled the glass.Right now there aren't any major game breaking bugs except for not having the relics of the unvalted frames , but there's been major bad bugs in the past ppl are tired more so the ppl that came from PS4 or PC, and before that switch warframe players have been leaving the game isn't as active as it was even on the weekend.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

I think one fear this update is poking at is the understood situation among the Nintendo switch community that among the four platforms we are in the "weakest boat", as it where. Aside from the low native storage, will this free to play game outgrow the console? If not this update, how about the next, or the one after? The cohesion within the Warframe community is the desire to watch it GROW, but the doubled delay nature of this update seems to be hinting to the fear of not being able to be on this expanding journey for far too long. Will there come a time where the basket that I have put all my eggs in, breaks? Most people bought the switch for Breath of the Wild, or other offline party games. For those who have now found themselves in the four-platform Warframe community, are we regretting the platform in which we have chosen to join the party? People who have spent all their off-work time in this one game, will all that progress have an expiration date attached? not bashing DE or Nintendo, just wondering if this honeymoon season between the two has any longterm plans

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, (NSW)W3L0 said:

The late update is just the drop that spilled the glass.Right now there aren't any major game breaking bugs except for not having the relics of the unvalted frames , but there's been major bad bugs in the past ppl are tired more so the ppl that came from PS4 or PC, and before that switch warframe players have been leaving the game isn't as active as it was even on the weekend.

About the relics, that's not a bug, they simply can't hotfix them into the game while the update is in cert. And sure, instead of telling people how much the version of the game improved, let's just tell them to move to another version, because that really helps the playerbase on the switch version, right? There's been bad bugs in every version, just this weekend, people couldnt really farm the relics in fortuna bounties because the pathfinding of some enemies was broken, making it impossible to complete certain bounties. Afew months ago, the xbox version also had a huge bug, and they had to wait a couple of days because the team had to make another patch and send to cert and on reddit i've seen many posts about how the ps4 version started to have framerate issues after this patch.
Most of the big bugs that we still have left are supposed to be fixed with this patch, so why not talk about how much better the game runs, looks and how much stable it has been? The people that left probably dont know about any of that, but sure, lets make sure more people leave because some players can't understand that delays happen

• Like 7

Idk why everybody's expecting an update today for sure. Yesterday she said " Nintendo will be in touch again tomorrow at the earliest " meaning Nintendo might not even contact them today.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Regigangster said:

Idk why everybody's expecting an update today for sure.

People see what they want to see. It says "tomorrow at the earliest" and people see "the patch is definitely coming out tomorrow!" 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Yeah, but only because it's reported doesn't mean DE knows about it. 

This is what I said.... Why the use of "yeah, but"? Doing so makes it seem like the person you're responding to is wrong. It would be a nice thing to change from now on so you don't make people feel unduly wrong 🙂

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sabrac said:

About the relics, that's not a bug, they simply can't hotfix them into the game while the update is in cert. And sure, instead of telling people how much the version of the game improved, let's just tell them to move to another version, because that really helps the playerbase on the switch version, right? There's been bad bugs in every version, just this weekend, people couldnt really farm the relics in fortuna bounties because the pathfinding of some enemies was broken, making it impossible to complete certain bounties. Afew months ago, the xbox version also had a huge bug, and they had to wait a couple of days because the team had to make another patch and send to cert and on reddit i've seen many posts about how the ps4 version started to have framerate issues after this patch.
Most of the big bugs that we still have left are supposed to be fixed with this patch, so why not talk about how much better the game runs, looks and how much stable it has been? The people that left probably dont know about any of that, but sure, lets make sure more people leave because some players can't understand that delays happen

I'm not saying the game isn't better or that other platforms don't have to wait or have bugs  but I do understand why ppl are leaving , just cause I don't have blind love for DE like u doesn't mean we don't love it too ,or else we wouldn't be here discussing the issues and problems of the game.

On 2019-11-24 at 4:08 AM, (NSW)Hermy said:

They are already giving us some relics because they couldn't hotfix them.

Uhhh... They gave us a bundle of 3 relics each, when everyone else can grind an unlimited amount of them. No one is building Prime anything, even if people pool together in a big way to share relics until we're able to farm them from their usual pools. I bought the Ash and Vauban dual pack as a belated birthday present to myself, so I don't need them. That doesn't mean I'm ok with the relic bundle or the lack of access to the relics. They could have at least hotfixed the relics into the pool, since hotfixes seem to bypass the cert process, considering we had 2 quick hotfixes the last time an update came on Switch ages ago.

There's a point where you have to stop defending any parties involved and look at the bigger picture. Nintendo is primarily at fault for delaying all updates. DE is at fault for not doing more to at least allow ongoing events (namely the unvaulting) across other platforms also go on Switch. Expectations aren't being met, and it's causing frustrations for the players. Best to express that frustration to the people who can actually do something about it instead of just griping in-game or walking away from the game completely.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)W3L0 said:

I'm not saying the game isn't better or that other platforms don't have to wait or have bugs  but I do understand why ppl are leaving , just cause I don't have blind love for DE like u doesn't mean we don't love it too ,or else we wouldn't be here discussing the issues and problems of the game.

I don't blindly love them, there's lot of things i agree they could do better, but telling people to just leave to other platforms doesnt help the community that might only be able to play on switch, that's what im trying to explain here, most of the older problems with the port itself was fixed, but so many people in this topic is overreacting because one, one delay, and i find that pathetic. I would have loved if the update had come at the same time as the others, but it didnt and it's something out of DE hands.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sabrac said:

I don't blindly love them, there's lot of things i agree they could do better, but telling people to just leave to other platforms doesnt help the community that might only be able to play on switch, that's what im trying to explain here, most of the older problems with the port itself was fixed, but so many people in this topic is overreacting because one, one delay, and i find that pathetic. I would have loved if the update had come at the same time as the others, but it didnt and it's something out of DE hands.

Couldn't DE had made the SD card and all of that stuff before the update instead of lumping it together ? I'm genuinely asking not being sarcastic cause that's most likely the problem.

Also like I said it's not because of one late update its because of everything that has happened and the lack of content , the bugs, the low players etec .now u may be new or still have things to do but not everyone is in the same situation.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

Uhhh... They gave us a bundle of 3 relics each, when everyone else can grind an unlimited amount of them.

They did..? When did they do that? I haven't seen anything in my inbox, and I just checked my relic inventory. Not seeing anything.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Seriu said:

They did..? When did they do that? I haven't seen anything in my inbox, and I just checked my relic inventory. Not seeing anything.

Wow, they even screwed that up. I'll grab a screen as soon as I finish this mission

• Upvote 1

Guys I'm prob thinking that the update will drop tommorow on the Nintendo swicth stream

Edited by (NSW)Sim11

Just patiently awaiting the Ember rework as I spin in tiny circles, breeding perfect pokemon. 

Can't wait to forma and mod my Ember Prime. 

"Ember! Use Inferno!"

It's Super Effective! Wild Kuva Lich has fainted! 

Dammit, I was hoping to catch that one. Guess I should have used Vauban, since he has all those pokeballs. Oh well. *soft resets*

Edited by (NSW)Badger
  • Haha 2

In a dev stream about 3 months ago, DE Steve described a 10-page analysis of cross progression he was expecting from his staff. He hasn't spoken about what the document might have said since then. What came of that?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Seriu said:

This is what all players were intended to get when the update was [DE]layed. What a surprise, they managed to screw up distributing something yet again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

This is what all players were intended to get when the update was [DE]layed. What a surprise, they managed to screw up distributing something yet again.

That is a Drop of a Stream. if you Watch 30 minutes of a live stream of DE you sometimes get a Gift (The Power of Observation)

I guess the Relic Packs DE are talking about are Relics with Vauban and Ash Prime directly or just a Relic Pack soon as the Update with the Prime Vault is released

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

Uhm... this is weird, very weird actually. That day we received a pack of 3 formas (one per each 20 mins of watching the stream) that you strangely don't have. The mail is the usual for watching a stream and they didn't mention anything about any relic drop during that stream (that I watched completely) and the mail has the same time stamps on my console but for the formas. IDK but i wouldn't trust this pic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1