Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Gunz said:

Yep. 1 week. A week of the entire rest of the Warframe community playing with the new melee mechanics, playing with the new kuva weapons, grinding requiem relics, getting Ash and Vauban Primes from their relics. Need I go on? If all platforms were delayed, it would be a non-issue, but when one of 3 consoles is delayed, it's aggravating to say the least. Many players began prepping for the melee changes, only to find out that their dud weapons will remain duds for an indefinite amount of time. Personally, I stocked up on a lot of forma getting ready for lich weapons, and then just like that, it's been a week of all that forma just sitting there with nothing to use it on.

In fact, until the update drops, "just sitting there doing nothing" is a pretty accurate description of much of the playerbase. Liches may be a grind, but they're a grind with returns for some time. The grind in-game now has zero returns. Nothing left to build, so grinding is just for resources that may or may not be needed in the future.

Exactly! Your completely right. 

Yes it's only been 1 week for consoles... 

1 month already on PC...

You see the situation now? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Exactly! Your completely right. 

Yes it's only been 1 week for consoles... 

1 month already on PC...

You see the situation now? 

 

I understand the frustration when you talk about other consoles, but you have nothing to complain about PC. It's been always like this and it's better because PC is the place where they launch everything bugged. At least when it arrives to consoles a good part of the bugs is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Exactly! Your completely right. 

Yes it's only been 1 week for consoles... 

1 month already on PC...

You see the situation now? 

 

And? I guess no one here evr played any Korean game then, when sometimes you have to wait half a year if not more to get the same updates. DE is trying to get this done as fast as they can with nintendo, or do you guys dont think they also want money from us buying platinum? Yesterday on the stream they also mentioned that they are working on the next build for all 3 consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question, I hope it can be addressed in today's stream or here! 🙂
I get that the delay is caused by issues with Warframe's update cycle possibly affecting SD card life expectancy. That's valid.
How is this going to affect future Warframe development for Switch? I'd guess it might be an additional checking step for all future updates, potentially for both the DE team and the certification team at Nintendo. My question is, what information do you have at the time about that? Do you have some sort of estimate for the additional development/certification time for future updates?
Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the problem! 

Theyre working on the next update and still haven't resolved the problem at hand! 

The same problem will occur again and again!

God how can you all just stay like that. We have nothing! No update, no vault, no arbitration changes, no gauss changes, no mêle changes! 

All consoles always get everything after pc. Ok

That they start separating the consoles themselves? NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (NSW)Tuttikiwi said:

I have a question, I hope it can be addressed in today's stream or here! 🙂
I get that the delay is caused by issues with Warframe's update cycle possibly affecting SD card life expectancy. That's valid.
How is this going to affect future Warframe development for Switch? I'd guess it might be an additional checking step for all future updates, potentially for both the DE team and the certification team at Nintendo. My question is, what information do you have at the time about that? Do you have some sort of estimate for the additional development/certification time for future updates?
Thanks!

 

Actually if the issue is this, the problem is much bigger than just warframe. Think of the amount of games that happens to be like this: Overwatch, Fortnite, Paladins, I think there's an upcoming moba (other than arena of valor), Dauntless, Realm Royale... All these games, by how they are (a game as a service model) receive constant updates. If the problem is with the life expectancy of the SD due to the amount of writing cycles they are being asked to do, then it might not be just waframe but any game. And if that's so, then the problem could be something that makes this update delay seem like a silly thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

That's the problem! 

Theyre working on the next update and still haven't resolved the problem at hand! 

The same problem will occur again and again!

God how can you all just stay like that. We have nothing! No update, no vault, no arbitration changes, no gauss changes, no mêle changes! 

All consoles always get everything after pc. Ok

That they start separating the consoles themselves? NO

I'm almost sure that they would wait to launch the next update until the switch gets the old blood. Also, to the poster above, DE is talking to nintendo to solve the issue they have at the moment and also see if the problem can be avooided for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is quite possible that this is a one time issue dealing with going over the 20gb internal storage limit, just to make sure nothing breaks due to that. Meanwhile, we have folks acting as if they have delayed it on purpose out of spite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like it was a mistake to release this game to the Switch.

The Nintendo community has gone from one of the nicest, supportive, and reasonable communities in gaming to the opposite. I wouldn’t be surprised if DE and other gaming companies drop the Switch due to how people are acting like this.

And the worst part? The community in general will not realize this. Instead, they’ll start blaming the companies because, “they don’t care about us!”

in fact, I would go further into saying that Nintendo should have just stuck with making consoles in the Asian market in general as I’ve seen clear evidence that the Japanese community alone is infinitely times more reasonable and nicer than the rest of the world.

DE is not doing this on purpose: they’re trying their best to resolve the issue and are trying to be as open and transparent as they can without risking to break NDA and having their dev licence revoked by Nintendo. If we continue to be unreasonable and refuse to be understanding about this, then I would rather they leave the platform and focus on PC + the other two consoles just to stay sane instead of dealing with all of this. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if a community mod ends up closing this forum thread because we’re beginning to cross the line of throwing insults towards DE themselves.

Now watch how I’m going to get angry replies from others, telling me that I’m 100% wrong and throwing insults at me, thereby proving my point.

I feel for you, DE community team, and I apologize on behalf of the rest of the Nintendo community for the increasing toxicity that’s brewing in this post. Which is depressing because that’s why I preferred the Nintendo community in the first place: we were a nice, supportive, reasonable community. But other than Japan, we lost that title. I apologize once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Actually if the issue is this, the problem is much bigger than just warframe. Think of the amount of games that happens to be like this: Overwatch, Fortnite, Paladins, I think there's an upcoming moba (other than arena of valor), Dauntless, Realm Royale... All these games, by how they are (a game as a service model) receive constant updates. If the problem is with the life expectancy of the SD due to the amount of writing cycles they are being asked to do, then it might not be just waframe but any game. And if that's so, then the problem could be something that makes this update delay seem like a silly thing.

I know, there's a lot of other games that are bigger or more write-intensive than Warframe. They might just perform some additional development or QA steps that Warframe didn't have until now (or stuff like use this library, update these dependencies, etc). It's not impossible to do, but it might require an unspecified amount of additional work for DE and that's what my question is about. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Uhm... this is weird, very weird actually. That day we received a pack of 3 formas (one per each 20 mins of watching the stream) that you strangely don't have. The mail is the usual for watching a stream and they didn't mention anything about any relic drop during that stream (that I watched completely) and the mail has the same time stamps on my console but for the formas. IDK but i wouldn't trust this pic.

Yeah I checked the dudes twitter. Idek if he shopped the pics or what but it was %100 bait. 

 

i just thought it was weird that I've been seeing so many people WTS/WTB Vauban/Ash in trade chat, when we don't even have the relics? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (NSW)Seriu said:

Yeah I checked the dudes twitter. Idek if he shopped the pics or what but it was %100 bait. 

 

i just thought it was weird that I've been seeing so many people WTS/WTB Vauban/Ash in trade chat, when we don't even have the relics? Lol

Just in case, it's possible (though not very probable) they carried over relics when they migrated from PC. I myself have Ash Prime Neuroptics already built and have an additional blueprint from a random relic opening mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (NSW)Tuttikiwi said:

Just in case, it's possible (though not very probable) they carried over relics when they migrated from PC. I myself have Ash Prime Neuroptics already built and have an additional blueprint from a random relic opening mission.

It's actually the case. There's a lot of people I know that come from PC and had vauban and ash sets for sale expecting to sell them at 1000p each, the moment DE announced the new vault, a lot of people came in the trade chat selling ash and vauban for prices more affordable (although still high) because they feared that the prices would drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it is now Nov 27 and it seems the Old Blood update is not coming. So will we be able to migrate accounts to other systems or what? I have put over 1000 hours into my switch acount, I have made purchases, I really dont want to lose it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

So it is now Nov 27 and it seems the Old Blood update is not coming. So will we be able to migrate accounts to other systems or what? I have put over 1000 hours into my switch a count, I have made purchases, I really dont want to lose it all.

It's been a week and you are ready to give up on the switch already? As many have stated, this is actively being worked on. What is wrong with everyone here and their lack of patience? Or better yet, lack of empathy for a developer that is being transparent about what is going on but being treated like they are maliciously making updates for other consoles and purposely ignoring switch?

 

For those stating that this may be an issue in the future, that is a possibility of course. That's why it's being investigated to hopefully avoid it. But there is no reason to preemptively talk about transfers if we haven't even reached that bridge.

 

Lastly, sure maybe they are working on the next update as well. Obviously it won't be released if we don't even have this one. DE has 300+ employees. They aren't all working on the same things. If they did, we would have even longer content droughts across the board 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They mentioned in today's stream that there will be a post about this issue after the update comes out. Right now they're waiting for a response from Nintendo, IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

It seems like it was a mistake to release this game to the Switch.

The Nintendo community has gone from one of the nicest, supportive, and reasonable communities in gaming to the opposite. I wouldn’t be surprised if DE and other gaming companies drop the Switch due to how people are acting like this.

And the worst part? The community in general will not realize this. Instead, they’ll start blaming the companies because, “they don’t care about us!”

in fact, I would go further into saying that Nintendo should have just stuck with making consoles in the Asian market in general as I’ve seen clear evidence that the Japanese community alone is infinitely times more reasonable and nicer than the rest of the world.

DE is not doing this on purpose: they’re trying their best to resolve the issue and are trying to be as open and transparent as they can without risking to break NDA and having their dev licence revoked by Nintendo. If we continue to be unreasonable and refuse to be understanding about this, then I would rather they leave the platform and focus on PC + the other two consoles just to stay sane instead of dealing with all of this. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if a community mod ends up closing this forum thread because we’re beginning to cross the line of throwing insults towards DE themselves.

Now watch how I’m going to get angry replies from others, telling me that I’m 100% wrong and throwing insults at me, thereby proving my point.

I feel for you, DE community team, and I apologize on behalf of the rest of the Nintendo community for the increasing toxicity that’s brewing in this post. Which is depressing because that’s why I preferred the Nintendo community in the first place: we were a nice, supportive, reasonable community. But other than Japan, we lost that title. I apologize once again.

Nah, don't worry. If you checked out the Nintendo stream, you would see that pretty much everyone there is sensible and we're a great and fun community (so everyone combined, the players and the makers). It's just a few posters in this thread who repeat their negative posts, speaking in 'we as a community' form (which I really disliked and thus spent some time typing my opinion on the matter as well). A big chunk of the Switch userbase are Switch players because it's the only device that allows them to play games in their busy lifestyles (lapsed gamers). We're pretty much the last ones to really have complaints, because as busy working adults ourselves there's much more to worry about. It's just that some people seem so.... loud, you know? In the bad sense.

That said, we're getting more free goodies for the delay, confirmed in the stream. Waiting sure is hard work, I'm glad I'm getting stuff for it... 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

It's been a week and you are ready to give up on the switch already? As many have stated, this is actively being worked on. What is wrong with everyone here and their lack of patience? Or better yet, lack of empathy for a developer that is being transparent about what is going on but being treated like they are maliciously making updates for other consoles and purposely ignoring switch?

 

For those stating that this may be an issue in the future, that is a possibility of course. That's why it's being investigated to hopefully avoid it. But there is no reason to preemptively talk about transfers if we haven't even reached that bridge.

 

Lastly, sure maybe they are working on the next update as well. Obviously it won't be released if we don't even have this one. DE has 300+ employees. They aren't all working on the same things. If they did, we would have even longer content droughts across the board 🤣

I never said it was DE at fault, calm down bud. The issue is with SD cards being written too many times because of updates. This will be an issue with every live service game then and will co tune to be. We were supposed to have a date yesterday but it is once again delayed with no additional info. It seems Nintendo is unwilling to budge on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

I never said it was DE at fault, calm down bud. The issue is with SD cards being written too many times because of updates. This will be an issue with every live service game then and will co tune to be. We were supposed to have a date yesterday but it is once again delayed with no additional info. It seems Nintendo is unwilling to budge on this.

Was not necessarily targeted at you. Several on here are blaming DE, so I was speaking generally in that instance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (NSW)Tuttikiwi said:

They mentioned in today's stream that there will be a post about this issue after the update comes out. Right now they're waiting for a response from Nintendo, IIRC.

That is what was said a week ago, we were supposed to know more on the 26th and well... here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (NSW)SantCruz said:

Was not necessarily targeted at you. Several on here are blaming DE, so I was speaking generally in that instance

I get that, I love the game and DE is full of wonderful devs. But if Nintendo is going to continue to seemingly not understand how live services function I dont feel confident in the viability of this game on Switch. Like I planned on purchasing my first Prime unvalting with Vauban Prime but now idk if I should anymore. I would rather move my account to something a bit more reliable first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

That is what was said a week ago, we were supposed to know more on the 26th and well... here we are.

 

actually, it says “tomorrow at the earliest”. 
that doesn’t guarantee anything on that day. It says they will get to them sometime after that date. Meaning, DE has no control over when they hear from them other than an estimated time frame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...