[DE]Danielle

(Switch) The Old Blood: Update 26.0.8 Status - Live!

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Sim11 said:

I'm guessing the old blood might come on Thursday or Friday this week.(would be a nice touch on thanksgiving) If not, maybe next week

I hope so, but I'm very doubtful.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Sim11 said:

I'm guessing the old blood might come on Thursday or Friday this week.(would be a nice touch on thanksgiving) If not, maybe next week

You think Nintendo and DE are working on Thanksgiving? lol 

If it's not out tomorrow we won't have until at least Monday.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

Wont be tomorrow, they haven't even gotten word about a possible date yet. We will be lucky to have it by Christmas at this point.

Edited by (NSW)cAtbEaNz

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Notdarkstark said:

DE is Canadian, so they'll be working on that day (Canadian Thanksgiving was in October). The way how DE was speaking about the communication issues seems to strongly imply that they're speaking to the Nintendo team at Kyoto, Japan and not Redmond, US (and I'm not aware of Japan having a Thanksgiving holiday on this day, but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Still what you're saying is correct: chances are, it's probably not going to be out by tomorrow.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

Even if they had a larger amount of storage, DE would eventually have to deal with this, as I'm certain a large portion of the Switch user base is using an SD card in order to install the game (I know I'm one of them). It just seems that the priority of this issue is elevated due to the fact that the Old Blood update will now require everyone to use an SD card and Nintendo just wants to make sure that the way DE makes their updates doesn't kill the SD card quicker than what's expected. That's all. No amount of internal storage is going to solve that issue: it won't make this issue go away and all it'll do is delay the enviable, no matter how good a larger amount of internal storage is.

Well, actually, a bigger memory would make this problem not happen. Just a mere 64 gb memory (that nowadays costs pennies) would solve this, since I seriously doubt this game would get bigger than that. It is a problem that would not exist if Nintendo would have done better than this with the console. They made a revision of the console this past summer, for god sake, they could have included a bigger memory already in the revision and it wouldn't make the old consoles outdated (it's just bigger storage, the rest of the console remains the same so there is still one single system (performance wise) to develop games to). Still, they chose to keep it cheap (for them) and not even add a 64 gb chip. This is a problem that Nintendo caused and they are to blame for this.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

and I'm not aware of Japan having a Thanksgiving holiday on this day, but please correct me if I'm wrong

I think they dont

8 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I personally felt depressed myself. She shouldn't have needed to do that, but DE is stuck between a rock and a hard place and every negative comment towards the affected parties in here or Region Chat makes me more and more down. I truly don't even know if I can continue to play this game anymore knowing that this is the reaction that the community is going to get at.

Ohhh, cmon dude. You might as well just quit playing games online or just leave the internet entirely, if you're that sensitive to seeing people being hostile. This isn't something exclusive to Switch players. Any time I go to r/Warframe a good chunk of the people there are complaining, and are just as "toxic" as people the here. There are people like that in nearly every community for every hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Well, actually, a bigger memory would make this problem not happen. Just a mere 64 gb memory (that nowadays costs pennies) would solve this, since I seriously doubt this game would get bigger than that. It is a problem that would not exist if Nintendo would have done better than this with the console. They made a revision of the console this past summer, for god sake, they could have included a bigger memory already in the revision and it wouldn't make the old consoles outdated (it's just bigger storage, the rest of the console remains the same so there is still one single system (performance wise) to develop games to). Still, they chose to keep it cheap (for them) and not even add a 64 gb chip. This is a problem that Nintendo caused and they are to blame for this.

That's not what I meant. Sure, people who wouldn't use an SD card for this game wouldn't have any issue with this if 64GB of internal storage was added, but it doesn't mean that those that choose to add it to the SD card might not experience any issues. Nintendo can still raise concerns about this, but only later, as it's not too much of a concern as now. So I don't agree that this problem would never happen if they added more storage internally.

Also, where did you get that info that it costs pennies to add more storage? I would like to see a source on that (like a web article with proof of this info).

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Seriu said:

Ohhh, cmon dude. You might as well just quit playing games online or just leave the internet entirely, if you're that sensitive to seeing people being hostile. This isn't something exclusive to Switch players. Any time I go to r/Warframe a good chunk of the people there are complaining, and are just as "toxic" as people the here. There are people like that in nearly every community for every hobby. 

That's no excuse to be toxic. There are other communities that aren't anywhere near as unreasonable as what I'm seeing in here. Just saying, "well, that's how the gaming community works. Deal with it, lol" isn't going to solve anything, nor is it going to change anything. Please refrain from doing this. Yeah, I know: "just leave Warframes and go to those communities then." What do you think I just said?

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93

Soon as I started playing the switch exclusively, I went and purchased a larger SD card. I personally have a hard time believing Nintendo is concerned with SD card life. This is a load of crap. SanDisk 512GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card -  SDSQUAR-512G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SC7BZHR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8fT3Db487E80H

il y a 41 minutes, (NSW)zook-pl a dit :

Writing isn’t problem, erasing is. And modern smartphones don’t alow you to install apps on sd (most cases they pretend to do it, like Android Do). And taking photos is nothing compared to constant write/delete, witch warframe potentially do.

Oh I see. Yeah the constant write/erase cycle might be a problem. But warframe doesn't do that. There's like, one or two hotfixes a week, an expansion every couple of months. It's not that frequent. 

On the Switch, save files are always located on the internal memory (in the case of warframe, It might just be stored server-side, I dunno), so that's not it either. 

Just now, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

That's not what I meant. Sure, people who wouldn't use an SD card for this game wouldn't have any issue with this if 64GB of internal storage was added, but it doesn't mean that those that choose to add it to the SD card might not experience any issues. Nintendo can still raise concerns about this, but only later, as it's not too much of a concern as now. So I don't agree that this problem would never happen if they added more storage internally.

Also, where did you get that info that it costs pennies to add more storage? I would like to see a source on that.

Well, I am no hardware developer or manufacturer so I don't have prices for all this stuff, but if we can take phone prices (of non overpriced brands like apple) into account, usually increasing from 32 to 64 gb doesn't makes the phone cost more than 10-20€/$ to the final consumer, so even in the case we take 20€/$ as the increase for the consumer, that means the retail price, not the bulk price Nintendo would face. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is not paying 20€ more for a memory if they decide to buy batches of 100k (if not more) of a memory of 64gb instead of 32, at least nowadays.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Well, I am no hardware developer or manufacturer so I don't have prices for all this stuff, but if we can take phone prices (of non overpriced brands like apple) into account, usually increasing from 32 to 64 gb doesn't makes the phone cost more than 10-20€/$ to the final consumer, so even in the case we take 20€/$ as the increase for the consumer, that means the retail price, not the bulk price Nintendo would face. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is not paying 20€ more for a memory if they decide to buy batches of 100k (if not more) of a memory of 64gb instead of 32, at least nowadays.

I can't see using phone manufacturers as a fair comparison, as most of them either don't make money or make extremely low margins (outside of Samsung, Apple, and maybe Google). Their main thing is to undercut price in order to get people to buy more of their phones, while also partnering up with different software companies to install bloatware onto their phones (though, they're getting better with not doing so). So I don't think using phone companies would work in this case.

I cannot express my gratitude enough for your support with the Switch version of Warframe.

I have both a PS4 and a Switch and even if the graphics/performance are worse on the Switch I choose to play it there for convenience/being my platform of choice at the moment.

Other devs have used the “total game size limit” excuse for not porting a game to the Switch, so I was getting worried with the time when that happened with Warframe.

I am relieved to see that isn’t an obstacle.

Don’t worry about the delays, just keep giving us your amazing support and communication.

Many kudos for everyone in the Switch Warframe dev team! You have spoiled us!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

il y a 11 minutes, (NSW)lego126 a dit :

I personally have a hard time believing Nintendo is concerned with SD card life. 

I'm inclined to agree. They do have a tendency of selling us kitconsoles (like kitguns, but with consoles), and then there is this whole "joy-con drift" debacle. But then again maybe that also changed their outlook on accessories (in a "oops, better not do that again" kind of way)

Just now, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I can't see using phone manufacturers as a fair comparison, as most of them either don't make money or make extremely low margins (outside of Samsung, Apple, and maybe Google). Their main thing is to undercut price in order to get people to buy more of their phones, while also partnering up with different software companies to install bloatware onto their phones (though, they're getting better with not doing so). So I don't think using phone companies would work in this case.

Fair point. But then again, there's something to consider, switch is almost 3 years old. The revision dropped a few months ago, for sure, the price of any components in the console by now are necessarily cheaper. So even if I can't tell you the prices for these components, it's not too farfetched to believe that said components today would be much cheaper than 2+ years ago. So even if the Switch of 2 years ago couldn't have a bigger memory, athe one nowadays could probably get access to cheaper chips.

I’m so excited for this update I’ve never been this excited since fortuna, and could u throw in a requiem mod pack in as a reward from the delay? It’s been what 3 weeks a month, and I don’t want to go through the farming process to get the mods since I could of got the requiem mods by now if the update was released at the same time as Xbox and ps4 I think we deserve more than a couple of requiem relics.

Edited by (NSW)KarmaDarkStar

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Fair point. But then again, there's something to consider, switch is almost 3 years old. The revision dropped a few months ago, for sure, the price of any components in the console by now are necessarily cheaper. So even if I can't tell you the prices for these components, it's not too farfetched to believe that said components today would be much cheaper than 2+ years ago. So even if the Switch of 2 years ago couldn't have a bigger memory, athe one nowadays could probably get access to cheaper chips.

That's fine, but typically speaking, they have contracts to buy certain components for a certain period of time (otherwise known as "Contract Manufacturing" and typically it's in years). It's not as simple as "getting things at a store and buying it through a sale." It takes quite a while to negoiate pricing and sometimes it might not be in their favour. So in order to get a larger capacity, they will have to go to a company that makes the storage (more than likely Samsung) and hope to get a price that doesn't kill their profits. Samsung (or any other manufacturer) has no reason to be nice to other companies, especially if they're larger and have more leverage.

I know it's easy to say that they can easily add bigger internal storage, but it's much more complicated than that. Heck: the Switch barely gives them a profit ($257 according to a Japanese company that did a teardown of the Switch) and that doesn't factor R&D costs that Nintendo has to make back. Business-2-Business pricing (B2B) is much more messy than Business-2-Customer pricing (B2C; the kind of pricing we're used to).

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, (NSW)lego126 said:

Cert of this size is 6-8 week process. Not DE s fault, Nintendo's.

It is Nintendos but it has nothing to do with the update size but the fact that warframe as a whole will no longer fit on the Systems small amount of storage.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)KarmaDarkStar said:

I’m so excited for this update I’ve never been this excited since fortuna, and could u throw in a requiem mod pack in as a reward from the delay?

Or how about more time to grind the rarest prime Warframe in the game? We are already missing nearly a month. Sigh, goodbye Vauban Prime...

1 minute ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

That's fine, but typically speaking, they have contracts to buy certain components for a certain period of time (otherwise known as "Contract Manufacturing" and typically it's in years). It's not as simple as "getting things at a store and buying it through a sale." It takes quite a while to negoiate pricing and sometimes it might not be in their favour. So in order to get a larger capacity, they will have to go to a company that makes the storage (more than likely Samsung) and hope to get a price that doesn't kill their profits. Samsung (or any other manufacturer) has no reason to be nice to other companies, especially if they're larger and have more leverage.

I know it's easy to say that they can easily say that they can simply add a bigger internal storage, but it's much more complicated than that. Heck: the Switch barely gives them a profit ($257 according to a Japanese company that did a teardown of the Switch) and that doesn't factor R&D costs that Nintendo has to make back.

They changed the SoC (or so they say) for a different one more efficient so they certainly can change contracts with providers somehow, otherwise the revision wouldn't exist. And I'd like to know about the profits today because yeah, 2 years ago I'm sure they weren't really high, but today they probably are higher. Hell, I'd even be fine if they'd put for sale 2 switch, one with 32 and one with 64 gb for a higher price!

These are the things that I hate from Nintendo, they have this "japanese chef" mentality: They offer you a product and tell you how to enjoy it. They won't change it because they firmly believe their product is perfect as it is and they don't accept feedback. And I think it's stupid, because Switch has the potential to be the best console ever, and it's been crippled by Nintendo's stubborness.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Or how about more time to grind the rarest prime Warframe in the game? We are already missing nearly a month. Sigh, goodbye Vauban Prime...

For what I've seen in the wiky, the relics on this unvaulting modified some parts to make them less rare, so in this set, it's not all 4 parts in the rare drop. That's something I guess!

• Applause 1

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

They changed the SoC (or so they say) for a different one more efficient so they certainly can change contracts with providers somehow, otherwise the revision wouldn't exist. And I'd like to know about the profits today because yeah, 2 years ago I'm sure they weren't really high, but today they probably are higher. Hell, I'd even be fine if they'd put for sale 2 switch, one with 32 and one with 64 gb for a higher price!

These are the things that I hate from Nintendo, they have this "japanese chef" mentality: They offer you a product and tell you how to enjoy it. They won't change it because they firmly believe their product is perfect as it is and they don't accept feedback. And I think it's stupid, because Switch has the potential to be the best console ever, and it's been crippled by Nintendo's stubborness.

Like I said, in many case, things might not go their way. The SoC thing is based off of a great relationship with Nvidia: they worked together to help make the Switch work and Nintendo more than likely had a provision in their negotiations and contracts that let's them get a better SoC than what they had previously. Just because they got a different one, doesn't mean they can do exactly the same with all their other contract component partners. How do you know that Nvidia just so happens to have more of a leeway with respect to contracts?

As for profits, like I said, the pricing of components are contractually negotiated, which means they could potentially be paying the same price for years (and as I said before, Nintendo isn't in a position of power: Samsung (or whatever other manufacturer) is): Nintendo needs those companies more than those companies need them; they aren't Apple, where they can actually bully other companies down in price due to their amount of leverage and power.

With respect to you being okay with having two versions of the Switch with the only difference being the storage, that's fine, but a ton of Nintendo customers would be upset (like how they were upset about the Wii U having the exact same thing).

As for this is why you hate Nintendo, well... that's kind of what you signed up for. I'm fairly certain that you know that this would be a possibility, yet you bought their product. And it works for them (especially in the Asian markets). In order to inspire change, the best you can do is to stop giving them the time and money, period, as they'll never listen, regardless of whether you like the system or not (whether partly, or as a whole). And when they ask as to why you did that, you tell them, bluntly, about why. As long as we complain and do nothing else, but turn our backs and still give them money, nothing's going to happen and nothing will change (outside of community perception and happiness).

But you know what? I'm sorry: I shouldn't look at both sides of the situation, because in spite the fact that stuff like this happens, I must look at the worse case, because the worst case is always correct. I apologize for snapping at you and I apologize for not agreeing with you.

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93
Added an apology (I don't want to argue anymore).
  • Satisfied 1

19 minutes ago, (NSW)cAtbEaNz said:

Nearly a month? It’s only been a week and a day. A week to 2 weeks isn’t going to hurt your farming that bad, especially when this unvaulting is probably gonna last as long a saryn and valkyr did, which if I remember correctly lasted almost 4 months

6 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

Like I said, in many case, things might not go their way. The SoC thing is based off of a great relationship with Nvidia: they worked together to help make the Switch work and Nintendo more than likely had a provision in their negotiations and contracts that let's them get a better SoC than what they had previously. Just because they got a different one, doesn't mean they can do exactly the same with all their other contract component partners. How do you know that Nvidia just so happens to have more of a leeway with respect to contracts?

As for profits, like I said, the pricing of components are contractually negotiated, which means they could potentially be paying the same price for years (and as I said before, Nintendo isn't in a position of power: Samsung (or whatever other manufacturer) is): Nintendo needs those companies more than those companies need them; they aren't Apple, where they can actually bully other companies down in price due to their amount of leverage and power.

With respect to you being okay with having two versions of the Switch with the only difference being the storage, that's fine, but a ton of Nintendo customers would be upset (like how they were upset about the Wii U having the exact same thing).

As for this is why you hate Nintendo, well... that's kind of what you signed up for. I'm fairly certain that you know that this would be a possibility, yet you bought their product. And it works for them (especially in the Asian markets). In order to inspire change, the best you can do is to stop giving them the time and money, period, as they'll never listen, regardless of whether you like the system or not (whether partly, or as a whole). And when they ask as to why you did that, you tell them, bluntly, about why. As long as we complain and do nothing else, but turn our backs and still give them money, nothing's going to happen and nothing will change (outside of community perception and happiness).

I understand the points you're making about the contracted prices. It makes sense from a business point.

And about the things I signed for... I disagree to a point. I bought their product because I liked some of the things and I expected the rest to improve, they have a history of improving their consoles (3ds being one of them), I however came to the conclusion that his is not happening and right now I'm doing the only thing I can: I'm not buying any other Nintendo products. My switch right now is a warframe console and only because I can play with my girlfriend on it, if not I'd have passed to PC a long time ago.